PDA

View Full Version : Death Penalty 2.0

SacredKnight
10-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Ok,ok,ok...I know. Your probably all thinking,
"Wait didn't you make a thread about this before???"
The answer is yes, I did. But this one is for a completely new idea! We all know the DP policy, get hit by an enemy and leave it happens. This really annoys me because 8/10 I am about to leave and *BAM* I get hit and there goes a death. So I propose that the awesome Devs at STS make it that if your lose more then 35%HP and then leave you get penalized, not if you get damaged by some smaller increment. Sure, some unlucky people will get crit shotted but this will largely cut the amount of false deaths given.

Also, on another note it really needs to be edited. I had just fought with someone and they left so I left the zone and I was penalized a death even though it wasn't a "run away" engagement! More so my HP was at 99% !!!! Another thing, I entered a zone and no one was there :/ I fired one shot of an arrow, left and found I had been penalized another life! I was like ":O ####"

I have no doubt that a lot of you will find faults in this and most probably all the same ones but please, all criticism is welcome :)

Pollata1246
10-07-2014, 02:23 AM
No bro......Im wid u in this.........

SacredKnight
10-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Don't obsess over your kdr so much. Just have fun

I know, but it really annoys me...a lot...

>:(

Arachnophobik
10-07-2014, 03:29 AM
+1 to this, very valid considering how much gangers, blockers, empty rooms there are

SacredKnight
10-07-2014, 04:42 AM
+1 to this, very valid considering how much gangers, blockers, empty rooms there are

Thanks for your support :)

Ebezaanec
10-07-2014, 07:26 AM
I have not heard of deaths being granted due to HP. From my experience, deaths are granted due to leaving during attack stance. Rest stance is your character "relaxing their weapon (warriors put sword on shoulder, shields get lowered, rogues leave bows down by their sides, etc.)

This comes from a lot of flagging runs.

Raregem
10-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I have not heard of deaths being granted due to HP. From my experience, deaths are granted due to leaving during attack stance. Rest stance is your character "relaxing their weapon (warriors put sword on shoulder, shields get lowered, rogues leave bows down by their sides, etc.)

This comes from a lot of flagging runs.

It is about your stance, you can be at 100% hp and still get a death if you are in attack stance. But, maybe tweaking it to being about hp wouldn't be a bad idea. It is frustrating and I found out about it the hard way (also from flagging). For now though, before you leave an area just make sure you are in relax mode.

SacredKnight
10-07-2014, 03:15 PM
Oh, now that's interesting! Thanks for this info. If this is the case then I personally think it should be re-done to be based on HP, Mana and clashing/engagement with other players as to not confuse it with getting killed by Trulle :/

Because players who want to run and literally just run away, go back to a non offensive stance and leave without any penalty...