PDA

View Full Version : A word of praise

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Today, I decided to fool around in Ao1/2. I was flipping through the list of active games and I found an Ao1 room with only one player in it: a level 36. I joined to check it out. I never see anyone in Ao1 that's the right level!!! People don't even do Ao1 anymore. Well, I decided to ask her if she wanted any help. She said sure and off we went. She knew exactly what she was doing. Healing, using pots, and using all the correct spells. She did not hang back and leech. I'm pretty sure this was her first character. The name is "Shanmarie". Then Readtitle joined and decided to help too, along with Stellaflora and another low level character, a 38 named "Genyoungjr", who also did his job. Considering that Readtitle, Stellaflora and I were doing so much damage... and taking all the kills, we decided to strip down to low level gear to let them get their kills. I was sooo happy to see some people actually leveling the right way and getting a feel for the game. Genyoungjr said he had a 50 archer, but he was doing it the old fashioned way anyway.

Just giving a shout out to some good players :) I had fun.

hawkei
01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
thank god at least not all low lvls are not leeching noobs

BeefyMeat
01-31-2011, 02:46 PM
This is part of the reason I look forward to the cap raise. I don't plan on using pots that much and really want to just enjoy the process of new things again and not rush to the cap and sit and wait for a few more months.

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Sort of a breath of fresh air

Junside
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm wondering if those who are providing power leveling service are actually harming the PL population if they're not teaching and just rushing people.

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 03:58 PM
They sort of are. We didn't rush though. We played it through. No pots and with low level gear. The two carried their weight. I just came and didn't want Shanmarie to have to do it all by herself.

Royce
01-31-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm wondering if those who are providing power leveling service are actually harming the PL population if they're not teaching and just rushing people.

If they are not, at the very least, checking that the player has a character to the cap already, then they are doing more harm than good IMO.

Junside
01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
They sort of are. We didn't rush though. We played it through. No pots and with low level gear. The two carried their weight. I just came and didn't want Shanmarie to have to do it all by herself.

Aw I didn't know you were such a nice person.

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Aw I didn't know you were such a nice person.

It's part of my charm

Junside
01-31-2011, 04:05 PM
It's part of my charm

........................... *leaves after an awkward pause* >.>

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 04:06 PM
........................... *leaves after an awkward pause* >.>

Bahahahahah nice

Hekpoc

Haha I didnt even realize that I could use pots until I was 49 :-/ muahaha. How I've grown up.

Royce

What you guys were doing wouldn't qualify as power leveling in my book. There's nothing wrong with helping a lower level player without a full team on maps their level, and even less wrong with doing it in less than your most devastating gear ;)

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Haha I didnt even realize that I could use pots until I was 49 :-/ muahaha. How I've grown up.

Way to grind lol

Hekpoc
01-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Way to grind lol

Hey at least you know I didnt power level... and thats when the game was more exciting not knowing exactly what to do and learning as I go. Of course I wanted to be 50 ASAP but I also didnt want to get to the destination and miss my journey.

Ladylove
01-31-2011, 04:12 PM
What you guys were doing wouldn't qualify as power leveling in my book. There's nothing wrong with helping a lower level player without a full team on maps their level, and even less wrong with doing it in less than your most devastating gear ;)

Pharaoh's sword of legend, conq mynas mail, saintly shield, and idk what helm. They're my boosting items for rift ;)

Junside
01-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna add Shanmarie and genyoungjr

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 04:53 PM
Amongst the darkness.. Hope still emerges, in the form of Ao1....

itmustbejj
01-31-2011, 04:58 PM
At what level should I start using xp pots? I am a lvl 29 (first char). I don't PL, I read forums extensively. I've based how I play my enchantress from what I've learned from pharcyde and royce (thanks btw). I even read guides on other classes to learn how to best play with them. I feel like I have a pretty good grip on how to play my char.

StompArtist
01-31-2011, 05:00 PM
I would not use XP pots unless you want to reach a specific level for a precise purpose. If this is your first character do not ever use them. Just play the game and enjoy the ride.

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 05:01 PM
Agreed^ Don't use exp pots on your first char.

Junside
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM
I started using them when I reached level 46. Then I felt completely comfortable with my character and started using pots from 46 to 50. Only because I wanted to use some decent gear.

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 05:06 PM
I used pots from 40-50. But by that point I also did have my own full cosmos set and 10k kills. I was a pro newbie before I ever hit pro.

Physiologic
01-31-2011, 05:07 PM
I started using exp pots at 40, but I already had a pretty good grasp on my character by then :)

Hekpoc
01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
I used exp pots starting at level 1... on my alt ^^. Its really not that hard to level naturaly to 50 and much more enjoyable.

Palyna
01-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Wow Ladylove thats really nice of you~

My two low level char are also levelling at appropriate maps, its quite fun to enjoy the journey to 50. Sometimes people will ask how I do the combos. Quite nice to be able to teach people who are new.

I also started using pots at level 49 only cause I think there are so many and looks confusing, thought I only can buy them using plat! and I started paying pot with plat for 4-5 times in shadow cave in a rush. After leaving the cave then I discovered I can use gold! lol! heartpain!

Rebel
01-31-2011, 10:19 PM
It's part of my charm

Charm... Whatev ;)

Anyway, glad to see some players leveling the old fashioned way. If only I actually had the guts to do that again.

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Wow Ladylove thats really nice of you~

My two low level char are also levelling at appropriate maps, its quite fun to enjoy the journey to 50. Sometimes people will ask how I do the combos. Quite nice to be able to teach people who are new.

I also started using pots at level 49 only cause I think there are so many and looks confusing, thought I only can buy them using plat! and I started paying pot with plat for 4-5 times in shadow cave in a rush. After leaving the cave then I discovered I can use gold! lol! heartpain!

Haha :)

And ohhhh man, I've accidentally bought pot with plat before... I was so mad lol

Otukura
02-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Haha :)

And ohhhh man, I've accidentally bought pot with plat before... I was so mad lol

I accidentally got the mix with plat before.. due to lag and it remembering where it was scrolled to, I clicked, but it tele'd back to orig position... and I hit buy before it was fully there, and I mis clicked...

Rage. >.>

Anyway, if it was confusing.. I wasted 12 plat on a pot combo.... thankfully not the 24 plat one.

Norbert
02-01-2011, 12:39 AM
AO 1 was a blast, so hard and scary after all that ice in Lost. Encountering aliens for the first time... yikes! I hate that people skip and just experience it through power leveling plasma or crush. I can't imagine that's really any fun.

Ok, I did start with elixer at 47 on my first character. There seems to be a really steep part there that takes forever... I actually didn't do too much more with my second or third as I enjoy the leveling itself. Once you max, no more <bling!> level-up noise.

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Oh, I used elixers at 40, but I was still grinding. Not like I missed anything