PDA

View Full Version : Paracelsus Soul Stone

Raregem
10-08-2014, 10:16 AM
I am really on the fence about this new item. I feel like it's a disaster waiting to happen, especially for pvp. I know sts does not focus on pvp but I think they need to face that, that is really what 60% of the game is. (60% is made up)

If we could get some things clarified about it that would be great. Is it bound to your character or tradable? Can you stash it? If you use it to craft and sell the item can the person add more stones? Does it have a grand gem?

I personally think it should be non-tradable/stashable. Only one should be allowed per item, and it should not have a grand gem version. If it stuck with the double trend now that would be +14 damage. So all you'd need is three grand gems to add 42 damage! That's insane!!

Even if you can only have one stone per-item someone could buy say a bow, ring, and amulet with a stone it in.. There will be people paying big bucks for an advantage like that.

I really think this is a bad, bad idea.. even with it being bound. Most everyone is in a uproar about class balance right now. Introducing something like this.. is just inane.

For those of you who haven't seen the new event info you can find it here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180042-The-Road-to-Necropolis-Arcane-Legends-Halloween-Tiered-Rewards!&p=1859155&viewfull=1#post1859155

Candylicks
10-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Ikr.

Rogues + those gems will be insane in PvP if they can use multiples. It's pretty lol... Right up there w/ 100% bulwark curse proc.

Guess we will have to wait for more info after the teaser.

Haligali
10-08-2014, 10:40 AM
Nvm wrong calculations.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-08-2014, 10:41 AM
7.0 damage... That's a lot!!
Lol how about super gem...14.0 ?! that would be op
Btw can someone explains how exactly the 7.0 damage stat works?
Just adding 7 damages or there something else?
Thx in advance

Chirurgienne
10-08-2014, 10:42 AM
I think +3 dommage and not +7 will be fair.
If this gem can be craft/ tradeable...

Endkey
10-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Anything which reduces the crit to a normal level should be acceptable here

Titanium
10-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Bounded to your toon? If im going to gem my mythic weapon with paracelsus gem and sell later on. Isn't almost the same thing? lol.

Zeus
10-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I agree that they are pretty OP but do keep in mind that one cannot go all damage. Rogues in general do require critical % rate. Dropping too many fire gems in favor of these gems will show, I think.

Ticklish
10-08-2014, 12:25 PM
If it's toon-bound, then nothing can stop someone from gifting the item he wants to gem with the soul stone to another of his toons with a stone. Perhaps there should be a limit to the number of soul stone in one item?

Valkiryas
10-08-2014, 01:08 PM
I like the Idea, Also will be a extreme hard gem to get ( Platinum Tier ), so Im sure that gem will worth it ...

Ravager
10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
I am really on the fence about this new item. I feel like it's a disaster waiting to happen, especially for pvp. I know sts does not focus on pvp but I think they need to face that, that is really what 60% of the game is. (60% is made up)

If we could get some things clarified about it that would be great. Is it bound to your character or tradable? Can you stash it? If you use it to craft and sell the item can the person add more stones? Does it have a grand gem?

I personally think it should be non-tradable/stashable. Only one should be allowed per item, and it should not have a grand gem version. If it stuck with the double trend now that would be +14 damage. So all you'd need is three grand gems to add 42 damage! That's insane!!

Even if you can only have one stone per-item someone could buy say a bow, ring, and amulet with a stone it in.. There will be people paying big bucks for an advantage like that.

I really think this is a bad, bad idea.. even with it being bound. Most everyone is in a uproar about class balance right now. Introducing something like this.. is just inane.

For those of you who haven't seen the new event info you can find it here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180042-The-Road-to-Necropolis-Arcane-Legends-Halloween-Tiered-Rewards!&p=1859155&viewfull=1#post1859155

They're going to add lots of limitations to this gem if it ever sees light of day. Binding the gem to the user won't be enough. People will buy the gemmed item and gem the 2nd/3rd slot with their bound gem. So they may have to bind the gemmed item as well. Things are going to get messy and complicated.

Anarchist
10-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I hope on the contrary its tradeable.

Lets mix these stones and make a syrup!

Amadorbibidor
10-08-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't know... This stones are not useful for me if they are nor treadables. I'm tank so dmg not so important, I need hp/armor boost. If they would do 7+ int and 7+ stenght versions may help, if they don't make it treadable then I have another "epic" item to liquidate.

SacredKnight
10-08-2014, 04:26 PM
I don't know... This stones are not useful for me if they are nor treadables. I'm tank so dmg not so important, I need hp/armor boost. If they would do 7+ int and 7+ stenght versions may help, if they don't make it treadable then I have another "epic" item to liquidate.

Actually, from the looks of it the Soul Stone is of Mythic Rarity (The name is orange).

Ebezaanec
10-08-2014, 04:28 PM
Man, this is what happens when you cater to dmg junkies. I would have preferred speed gems and proc gems.

Amadorbibidor
10-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Actually, from the looks of it the Soul Stone is of Mythic Rarity (The name is orange).

It can be even arcane, rarity doesn't change the fact that is useless for a tank.

obee
10-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Rogues are already op

Ebezaanec
10-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Not letting it be tradable or stashable just slows the problem.

Example:

1. Player A gems a weapon with Soul Stone. Player A sells weapon. The weapon gets gemmed by Players B & C until it is full.

2. Player A gems a weapon with Soul Stone. Player A trades with trusted players so he can have that weapon on his alts. Player A gems until the slots are full.

aarrgggggg
10-08-2014, 04:54 PM
3 toons each with their own, damage gem......1 bow traded 3 times equals, full damage gem bow......hmmmmmmmm

SacredKnight
10-08-2014, 05:00 PM

Example:

1. Player A gems a weapon with Soul Stone. Player A sells weapon. The weapon gets gemmed by Players B & C until it is full.

2. Player A gems a weapon with Soul Stone. Player A trades with trusted players so he can have that weapon on his alts. Player A gems until the slots are full.

Or just three toons and three gems... Anyway, if you want some gem ideas:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?165890-New-Gem-Idea

inkredible
10-08-2014, 05:04 PM
They're going to add lots of limitations to this gem if it ever sees light of day. Binding the gem to the user won't be enough. People will buy the gemmed item and gem the 2nd/3rd slot with their bound gem. So they may have to bind the gemmed item as well. Things are going to get messy and complicated.

theyll have to make the item with gem untradeable ..which a lot of people wont be happy about.. and it will be a lot of work for sts to do
i think it will be tradeable.

How is it looted tho? just one per player when reached platinum tier? .. i think that kinda what sts wants.. for everyone to do multiple accounts, get more soul = more $$$$ (plat spending)

Just an example how it would look like if you can craft all your slots with this gem.
Rough math
+6 str (supergem) comparison gives about +3.8dmg + 60hp

Full mythic armor +18str = +11.5 dmg +180 HP
Full mythic armor +3 soul = +21 dmg

so roughly +10.5 damage difference ... as a warrior would you choose more damage and -180 HP ? i probably wouldnt.
however you can mix gems..

+120 hp, +14.7 dmg ( 2 super gem + 1 soul) is not a bad combo

SacredKnight
10-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Indeed...

Opry
10-08-2014, 05:34 PM
I dont care... I ll sell it... Aihihihi

Kakashis
10-08-2014, 05:50 PM
theyll have to make the item with gem untradeable ..which a lot of people wont be happy about.. and it will be a lot of work for sts to do

How is it looted tho? just one per player when reached platinum tier? .. i think that kinda what sts wants.. for everyone to do multiple accounts, get more soul = more $$$$ (plat spending)

Just an example how it would look like if you can craft all your slots with this gem.
Rough math

so roughly +10.5 damage difference ... as a warrior would you choose more damage and -180 HP ? i probably wouldnt.

Exactly! It's not much damage added really and warrior loses hp, rogue loses crit! An interesting item, but you start sacrificing.

Opry
10-08-2014, 07:09 PM

are u compare usual gem with grand gem ?

drgrimmy
10-08-2014, 07:42 PM

Rough math

I think it is good to think about it this way, but I am not sure that it would work this way. With a lot of equipment the damage perk is applied before the bonus damage is applied to calculate you final damage. Thus if you have a weapon with +7 damage and you have 300% bonus damage, you are actually adding 21 to your final damage on the stat page. Please if someone knows more about damage, bonus damage and your final damage on your stat page, please correct me. I have taken a look at various rings with similar stats but only a difference of +3 damage and this is how it appears to work to me. I guess it all depends on how sts decides to finally fit this +7 damage into their algorithm for calculating damage. Unfortunately, with many things in this game (eg armor and damage reduction) I don't think it is necessarily that straight forward.... :(

inkredible
10-08-2014, 10:31 PM
I think it is good to think about it this way, but I am not sure that it would work this way. With a lot of equipment the damage perk is applied before the bonus damage is applied to calculate you final damage. Thus if you have a weapon with +7 damage and you have 300% bonus damage, you are actually adding 21 to your final damage on the stat page. Please if someone knows more about damage, bonus damage and your final damage on your stat page, please correct me. I have taken a look at various rings with similar stats but only a difference of +3 damage and this is how it appears to work to me. I guess it all depends on how sts decides to finally fit this +7 damage into their algorithm for calculating damage. Unfortunately, with many things in this game (eg armor and damage reduction) I don't think it is necessarily that straight forward.... :(
Yah it's really just some
Rough math I could be wrong .. Some gears have +3dmg in it but there's some weird math with tht.. Between damage bonus and actual damage stat that shows

Froxanthar
10-08-2014, 11:03 PM
+7 damage = 49-63 damage in stats. I think?

Linkincena
10-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Well for me.. replacing any Intelligence super gems with +7 damage Gem would mean 42 hits points reduction on shield and Hp.. totaling 60 hit points... nah.. I won't use the gem.

gumball3000
10-09-2014, 12:21 AM
This gem really shows the lack of imagination and effort put into the event.

This is how much 7 damage actually is :
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/08/57dd9c2af70e3e07022fa0bd64d64e1f.jpg
I really can't wait to see rogues with 3 of these gems in their arcane ring.

Obviously 7 damage is way too much.

drgrimmy
10-09-2014, 01:06 AM

Yep, thanks. That is what I thought. +7 damage would actually equate to approximately +30 increase in damage after bonus damage is applied (355% in your case). Pretty crazy if you ask me. Now imagine if you could somehow get three of those on a weapon!!!!!

Ravager
10-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Well for me.. replacing any Intelligence super gems with +7 damage Gem would mean 42 hits points reduction on shield and Hp.. totaling 60 hit points... nah.. I won't use the gem.

Is shield based on dmg/str or int/str?

Serancha
10-09-2014, 01:18 AM
STS hasn't announced any details about the gem whatsoever. They ONLY announced the base stat. It's very possible they have/had a perfectly good implementation plan in place, and this kind of panic is what gets good things nerfed or taken away completely before they are even released. Singe syndrome anyone? Necro? What about "OMG Scorch has a SHIELD it's going to be so totally op!" And we end up with the worst pet, wasting our 250 plat.

Let's think and wait for more information to be released before we panic and demand changes that we will probably regret in 2 weeks.

Linkincena
10-09-2014, 01:50 AM

Mage Shield is based on Int and Str:

Formula for protection hit points : 3.5x [(2x STR + INT)]

Sceazikua
10-09-2014, 02:17 AM
If nothing could be done about gifting/trading the gemmed items, I would rather suggest they make the gems trade-able. Think about the scam ability "sir I have unused soulstone that I dont need give me the item and I gem it free for ya". Also it would be a good source of income for those willing to spend their time to get the gem then. Or else just get rid of the gem and add something new :O

Raselph
10-09-2014, 03:05 AM
7.0 damage... That's a lot!!
Lol how about super gem...14.0 ?! that would be op
Btw can someone explains how exactly the 7.0 damage stat works?
Just adding 7 damages or there something else?
Thx in advance

well probably it depends upon if we get A CHANCE to try it out since if it beomes tradeable i think rogues and sorcs are gonna have a "class clash" which should be ....i cant explain any further since u know what im saying

Raselph
10-09-2014, 03:06 AM

yep

Raselph
10-09-2014, 03:07 AM
If nothing could be done about gifting/trading the gemmed items, I would rather suggest they make the gems trade-able. Think about the scam ability "sir I have unused soulstone that I dont need give me the item and I gem it free for ya". Also it would be a good source of income for those willing to spend their time to get the gem then. Or else just get rid of the gem and add something new :O

that sounds clash of classes to me 0.0

Arachnophobik
10-09-2014, 03:45 AM
Rem said its not tradeable nor stashable. I just hope two soulstones doesnt stack. This way even if playerA sells a glaive with a soulstone imbued, playerB(who happens to have a soultone imbued on his myths) wont have the benefits of the soulstoned glaive, only one stone will be counted.

Anarchist
10-09-2014, 04:23 AM
Nerfing the availability of this new gem too much will not make it worth the plat tier so careful what you propose everyone.
Health is important too so the number of stones allowed /player on a build will naturally be limited.

SacredKnight
10-09-2014, 04:42 AM
Nerfing the availability of this new gem too much will not make it worth the plat tier so careful what you propose everyone.
Health is important too so the number of stones allowed /player on a build will naturally be limited.

True, but that being said... A SS will add roughly 30 DMG per stone at 355% DMG increase which is more or less around a End Game warrior (for comparison). We can either have 15 B,F or G gems or 15 SS gems (Mythic/Arcane build). Now, would one want the HP bonuses of those gems (Let's be a warrior for the sake of things), (I really don't know what the blood gem bonuses detail) or 450 more DMG? and for an endgame warrior with a Maul that would be around 1k DMG, imagine this on a rogue whom has a much higher DMG bonus!

Note: All stats are rough estimates and on the bases that a player has 15 toons as well as a warrior with a full STR build, Mythic Set (Armor set and jewelry) and the Arcane Maul of Ollerus.

B=Blood
F=Fire
G=Glacial
SS=Soul Stone
Further more I would like to add that this tier is infact "Platinum Tier" and I have without a doubt that unless you can play for a very long time you might need some platinum to reach it.

Robhawk
10-09-2014, 04:56 AM
/delete

Anarchist
10-09-2014, 05:37 AM
1 GEM PER TOON is too limited.
1 gem every ITEM would be fine.

Raregem
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM

Wow! That is a lot, more than I thought. I guess we are just going to have to see how it plays out. Keep our fingers crossed and hope it doesn't make too big of an impact.

Serancha
10-09-2014, 10:47 AM

That's 7.7 dmg. 7 damage is closer to 20 on the stat sheet. I understand the point but exagerrations don't help with the mass panic.

Nothing says it will calculate the same as these either. We all know sts has creative math at the best of times.

gumball3000
10-09-2014, 10:56 AM
That's 7.7 dmg. 7 damage is closer to 20 on the stat sheet. I understand the point but exagerrations don't help with the mass panic.

Nothing says it will calculate the same as these either. We all know sts has creative math at the best of times.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/09/150595b183de2754383bfd37be2caaef.jpg

idk what are you talking about, this is as close as i can get to +7 damage but its nowhere near +20 in the overall stats.

firechandra
10-09-2014, 11:36 AM
In my personal opinion:
1) A powerful item that can change game balance (that is already not so balanced) should never be limited in time and 1 time use. I'd like to see more exclusive items that doesn't affect pvp and timed runs like special vanities or very rare pets (but not in top 3 of best pets)
2) The SOUL stone should be bounded to the account and not to an item and scale when the players levels up

spimeslam
10-09-2014, 01:10 PM
If one soul gem per character could let banners get 1 gem socket and let the soul gem only be applied to banners. Whether it was stashable doesn't matter because you can only wear one banner. One gem spot everybody would be capable of using and the gem multiplier should be level based. This would also let the gem remain tradable. Just an idea.

Serancha
10-09-2014, 01:39 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/09/150595b183de2754383bfd37be2caaef.jpg

idk what are you talking about, this is as close as i can get to +7 damage but its nowhere near +20 in the overall stats.

We still don't know how this "damage" is going to calculate or any details on stacking, implementation, scaling or anything else. You also left out the fact that you lose a bunch of damage (along with bonus damage and other stats) when you remove a super gem to put this one in, which means the actual gains from the stone are less than what these screenshots are portraying.

Samhayne
10-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

The Platinum Tier Gem is still a work in progress. We're very aware of potential for abuse/breakage if it isn't set up right. The Design Team wants to make it something cool for players who want to chase it a reason to, but without it being game breaking. I'm confident that they will hit that mark. Look for more details when Halloween goes live.

cami
10-09-2014, 02:21 PM
I like it, bye warrs, bye mages muahahhahaha domination :D

Arpluvial
10-09-2014, 02:27 PM
I have moved this thread to the AL Suggestions and Feedback section of the forums.

fiftyonecents
10-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Example:

I say get rid of the overpowered gem to begin with.... it will just create unwanted issues in balance ..mainly in the PVP arenas ..as far as PVE is concerned well this is most definitely a useful gem to have.

falmear
10-10-2014, 10:05 PM
If you can get multiple gems on your equipment then you will be a beast in timed runs. And because it's only available for a limited time you're basically locking out anyone who doesn't have multiple gems. One gem is within the margin of error but multiple gems sets a big divide between the haves and have nots. This is assuming that the actual skill damage is increased significantly. The stats page doesn't mean anything. People should know by now that the damage stat is a big lie. I hope they allow as many gems on your gear as you want. Otherwise this game is just boring. Keep it untradable to make people farm for it .

SacredKnight
10-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Ok, so what we know so far is that the stone will deal 1.5 damage with an extra 5.5 through additional buffs etc. However, with more stones added there will only be a 1.5 DMG increase, Thus 3 stones = 1.5+5.5+1.5+1.5= 10 DMG total.

Confirmed :)

Bloodskerr
10-10-2014, 11:56 PM
OK so new info on the Paracelsus Stone, as mentioned by Sacred...

Here's an update on the Paracelsus Soul Stone. You guys brought up a valid point about trading an item around and adding multiples, so in order to preserve its intended design here is what we're changing:

Instead of a flat +7 damage per stone it is now +1.5 Damage per stone, and an additional 5.5 Damage added through an additional non-stacking effect. This effect will also provide a visual effect on your character.

What this means is you can still in theory trade your weapon or ring around for another Paracelsus Soul Stone, however the net gain would only be 1.5 Damage, as the 5.5 Damage component does not stack.

1 Stone - +7 Damage
2 Stones - +8.5 Damage
3 Stones - +10 Damage
etc

All these things are of course subject to change, but this is how it currently is set up internally based on your helpful feedback.

Thanks everyone!
-Carapace

--------

But a very good point brought up by Ravager still unanswered:

Does stacked mean same item stack or multiple items stack?

Item 1
+7
+1.5
+1.5
= + 10

Item 2
+1.5
+1.5
+1.5
= +4.5

Or +10 to both items?

Let's wait and see.

SacredKnight
10-11-2014, 12:27 AM
I presume it's per item but... IDK

Raselph
10-11-2014, 12:56 AM
OK so new info on the Paracelsus Stone, as mentioned by Sacred...

--------

But a very good point brought up by Ravager still unanswered:

Let's wait and see.

here's whats gonna happen

per gem

1st gem = 7 dmg
2 gems = 7+1.5=8.5 dmg
3 gems = 8.5+1.5 = 10 dmg

kinzmet
10-11-2014, 04:03 AM
STS hasn't announced any details about the gem whatsoever. They ONLY announced the base stat. It's very possible they have/had a perfectly good implementation plan in place, and this kind of panic is what gets good things nerfed or taken away completely before they are even released. Singe syndrome anyone? Necro? What about "OMG Scorch has a SHIELD it's going to be so totally op!" And we end up with the worst pet, wasting our 250 plat.

Let's think and wait for more information to be released before we panic and demand changes that we will probably regret in 2 weeks.

^^^ This!

#SingeSyndromeAlloverAgain

rvst
10-18-2014, 03:24 PM
How about twink lvl ?

SacredKnight
10-18-2014, 03:32 PM
How about twink lvl ?

I presume (From what we know) the same numbers are implemented throughout the levels. But seriously guys, relax! STS makes the game and any issues, bugs and imbalances etc. they will fix. Just sit back and enjoy the game, there is no need to worry!

But also, for the love of god. FIX SCORCH or atleast put the NPC:

Paul the Dragon Tamer
Go to Paul, he will egg and take your Scorch no matter the level in exchange for 250 plats.
Text when talking to him: Hey there! Do you have any Mythical Dragon whelps sir? I would be happy to take them...for a fair price of course!

rvst
10-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Kk ty

Inan'hesh
10-18-2014, 03:47 PM
I presume (From what we know) the same numbers are implemented throughout the levels. But seriously guys, relax! STS makes the game and any issues, bugs and imbalances etc. they will fix. Just sit back and enjoy the game, there is no need to worry!

But also, for the love of god. FIX SCORCH or atleast put the NPC:

Paul the Dragon Tamer
Go to Paul, he will egg and take your Scorch no matter the level in exchange for 250 plats.
Text when talking to him: Hey there! Do you have any Mythical Dragon whelps sir? I would be happy to take them...for a fair price of course!

you just said "relax! STS makes the game and any issues, bugs and imbalances etc. they will fix. Just sit back and enjoy the game, there is no need to worry! "

then followed up with "But also, for the love of god. FIX SCORCH"

:) :) :) :)

But I'm with you with the FixSCORCH2014 campain!

SacredKnight
10-18-2014, 03:51 PM
you just said "relax! STS makes the game and any issues, bugs and imbalances etc. they will fix. Just sit back and enjoy the game, there is no need to worry! "

then followed up with "But also, for the love of god. FIX SCORCH"

:) :) :) :)

But I'm with you with the FixSCORCH2014 campain!

Hehehehe, a little bit of a contradiction there... rephrase: Relax and wait for things that are about to come, but save the stress for the things that are here.

lolz, FIXSCORCH2014

Remember Me
10-18-2014, 03:55 PM
It's called "platinum" tier for a reason guys...

epicrrr
10-18-2014, 03:57 PM
It's called "platinum" tier for a reason guys...

lets expect platinum tier to be at 6-8k point.

Dermuti
10-29-2014, 04:09 AM
I have a new scythe and wanted to craft two soulsstones inside from both chars. But if I read the last postings this is not useful. I´m right? The first stone has a huge effect and the second is more like a grand gem? What about splitting the stones to different items? This has more effect?