PDA

View Full Version : Other RPG games?

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey guys, so while waiting for 1.7 I was wondering if you guys had any other good RPG games that you can recommend?

I'm looking at Dead Space, not really an RPG but reviews seem to be really good.

Galaxy on Fire 2, Eternal Legacy.

I've tried Aralon already, and DD isn't really my thing.

Anything else you guys can suggest? I'd love a long-ish game play or something you can upgrade your character game type.

Thanks very much!

Pocket Legend
01-31-2011, 05:08 PM
If youre the creative type, Furcadia is a good socializing game. :)

Physiologic
01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Pure RPGs;

Dungeon Hunter (http://www.gameloft.com/smartphone-games/dungeon-hunter/)

Zenonia (http://us.gamevil.com/games.php?m=AppStoreDetail&gid=5)

Zenonia 2 (http://us.gamevil.com/games.php?m=AppStoreDetail&gid=10)

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Finished Zenonia, 2 isn't that good IMO. Was fun in 1 but when 2 came out was expecting a bit more.

Will try again, thanks Phys! Will check out DH too.

@PL

Nah not really into the socializing type of games, even non-online ones would work :)

Anyrra
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Dungeon hunter 2 is definitely one to try. It has lots of gameplay since you can replay the game on hard and heroic modes, and I think it is very enjoyable. I still play it sometimes when Im not playing PL.

Rebel
01-31-2011, 05:53 PM
If you're looking for an xbox game, The Elder Scrolls is a great game. Upgrade and customize your person while trying to get the top gear. Fallout is a sort of RPG also. If not, it's a great game anyway. You would probably need to start with the first game. It would get a little confusing starting at the end. Another series is Final Fantasy. Those are always fun.

Edit: Fable is a great series also!

FluffNStuff
01-31-2011, 05:57 PM
I played Vay on the iphone for a bit a while ago. It was pretty old school like NES final fantasy if you like that kind of game.

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 06:04 PM
Sorry, forgot to specify, looking for iOS games mostly. I never owned a gaming console after PS1, aside from my PC :D

Yeah big fan of FF, which is why I'm looking at Eternal Legacy since it seems like it. Fallout I've tried too, but its a shooter right? Not a big fan of shooters. =/

But yeah, definitely a FF kind of guy.

Edit:

Btw Dungeon Hunter 1 or 2? I don't see 2 as one of the top paid though.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Dungeon Hunter 1 is great, too. Try and see if it goes on sale for a buck -- most gameloft games do at some point.

I'm still waiting for DH2 to go on sale before I buy it. Gameloft games are fun, but not always worth the full proce -- I get most when they're on sale. I think the only one I paid full price for was DH1, and I definitely got my money's worth. Probably the only gameloft game without some sort of issues.

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 06:26 PM
I see. Yeah I'm looking at their site and never knew they had awesome games. Might get DH2 and Eternal Legacy from them, and Dead Space as a shooter.

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
world of warcraft?

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Sorry to sound noob-ish, but NES = Nintendo.... ? Is it even nintendo? Lol

@CDC

Nah, WoW is too big a game for me. Just something I can do while 1.7 isn't out or the like.

RedRyder
01-31-2011, 06:37 PM
The queens crown and the inotia games

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Sorry to sound noob-ish, but NES = Nintendo.... ? Is it even nintendo? Lol

@CDC

Nah, WoW is too big a game for me. Just something I can do while 1.7 isn't out or the like.

LOTRO:Lord of the Rings Online...free for like 65 levels.
League of Legends...free.

I dont know, i mainly play WoW.

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 06:39 PM
LOTRO:Lord of the Rings Online...free for like 65 levels.
League of Legends...free.

I dont know, i mainly play WoW.

Yeah if I want to play via PC I'd probably go for HoN or an RO server I play, but PC though, was looking for iOS :)

@RR

Inotia seems good too, but I've been reading the graphics are really bad especially for iPad. :(

Chickdigcookies
01-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh. on youre ipod.

i dont know. Look at the list on the Best App Awards in the cata. PL won...maybe the runner ups are good, maybe theyre not.

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I just finished DH2, and it was pretty awesome!

Story line was good, I just found it too easy at times, and there's too much skills to actually try before you can finish the game. I'll be trying Hard mode now though after finishing normal :)