PDA

View Full Version : How to form a guild?

Pollata1246
10-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Can the masters of guilds tell me how to form a successful guild, what to do before buying the guild charter and everything else....I want to make a guild and player friendly guild....decided the name
<Infinitix>

Xeusx
10-09-2014, 04:41 AM
Ask Zylx, he's the best GM I have ever met, and my BNF.

ClumsyCactus
10-09-2014, 05:41 AM
Serancha can propably tell you how, serancha=knows everything

Chrisaetoshawker
10-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Join a good guild (<real>) first to see how everything works n imitate them
Learn from them and improve/correct

Zylx
10-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Ask Zylx, he's the best GM I have ever met, and my BNF.

:') thanks BNF <3

I've owned 4 guilds, held officer positions in 7.

Successful guilds all run with active members sharing a powerful bond to the guild and with their fellow members.

Basically you want to keep your guild as active as possible. You do this by providing an incentive (holding frequent contests, parties, etc) and they also help establish that sense of pride for the guild.

Never start out as a capped guild, unless it's a merger. Build your player base slowly, and then increase the lvl req every month or every other month (like lvl+ 5). That way, you can recruit lower levels, give them a goal to reach cap, and determine who is inactive while your guild is growing.

Expect beggars! There will always be people saying (make me officer). Don't. Tell them no, and tell them what to do to become an officer. There will always be people leaving the guild (it's a sad feeling), and you have to accept that not everyone will like your guild.

As guild master, you will be expected to help your members in maps when they need help. Telling them "no" is a good way to lower your guild's reputation.

Being a guild master is a very overwhelming position, but very rewarding in the end. Those who become more interested in being the guild master than the actual guild itself are not ready to undertake a guild, and usually last about a week before disbanding.

Since i've created <Real>, i've met truly wonderful people, whom i expect to share a powerful friendship with, and that's what's keeping me glued to the game. I love my guild and the people in it, and i wouldnt trade it for 99mil gold.

Pollata1246
10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
I hope.....now the only thing in my way is the 50 plats.....

radagan
10-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Lol why not just 20k gold?

Serancha
10-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Serancha can propably tell you how, serancha=knows everything

lolwut

I suggest reading the first posts on the threads of successful guilds with good reputations. These posts generally have rules and guidelines laid out, as well as something on the guild's philosophy. You will find that many of them tend to say many of the same things, since certain rules are mandatory for success.

Never ever make an officer unless you'd be willing to hand them all your gold and items, with 100% surety you'll get it all back. If you are not at this comfort level with someone, then how can you trust them with the one thing you've put your time, love and energy into? They have the power to clean your guild out. It's a responsibility and should never be given out as a reward.

GM's not taking the time to know their players, and/or segregation of officers from other members (officers are "too good" to run with "normal" members - a common point of view) are things that rip many guilds apart. Try to prevent the vibe of "haves" and "have not's" when it comes to rank.

Appeltjes
10-09-2014, 11:24 AM

Lol for as far as I recall it's 50k gold (not sure) and then you have a round room...

radagan
10-09-2014, 01:12 PM

Lol for as far as I recall it's 50k gold (not sure) and then you have a round room...

Yah lol 20plat or 50k gold