PDA

View Full Version : So... I found this glitch. :o

Junside
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Not sure if it's fixable or if I would get in trouble for it.

I have a rooted Droid 2. I am in a dungeon with half HP and mana. I am on 3G network connection. I press Home out and turn on WiFi via a quick widget.

What happens at this point is, 3G is temporarily disabled, and WiFi becomes my main connection. I go back on Pocket Legends and just as it should, my ping starts to rise as if I was disconnected. So I Exit Level, then log out. I immediately log back in and instead of seeing the main menu...

I am back where I was before disconnection, I have full HP and Mana, and I am right back where I was, in the middle of the map in the exact location.

What's the bonus here? Quick full HP and Mana without having to go anywhere. It'd be useful if I was dying and didn't want to wait for regen...

So I want to know, is this illegal?

Royce
01-31-2011, 05:54 PM
Well if it really works that way, then it would be an exploit which technically means you shouldn't post about it, and should instead email it in or PM a dev. Are you sure your character really left the space and returned with full health/mana or is it possible you were "there" the whole time (like you could have been damaged if mobs were around) and that regen refilled your health/mana?

Arterra
01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
isnt there a safeguard for disconnections where it takes you back to the place you where? happened to me once.

drewcapu
01-31-2011, 05:55 PM
see if you die when your hp gets to the halfway point again (without healing etc).

Junside
01-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Well if it really works that way, then it would be an exploit which technically means you shouldn't post about it, and should instead email it in or PM a dev. Are you sure your character really left the space and returned with full health/mana or is it possible you were "there" the whole time (like you could have been damaged if mobs were around) and that regen refilled your health/mana?

Well that's why I'm posting it here publically. I am reporting it while asking if it is indeed plausible for infraction.

Royce
01-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Well that's why I'm posting it here publically. I am reporting it while asking if it is indeed plausible for infraction.

I know, I didn't think you were posting it maliciously. I just thought I'd point out that one of the forum rules is don't post exploits ;)

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Somehow works the same between iDevices. When I'm playing on phone, and I want to switch to pad, I log in through my pad and my phone logs off, leaving me in the exact same place too.

But yeah, it sounds like you were just there, and your regen just filled you up. Assuming when you say your ping rose, you exited, and logged back in that it was enough time for your regen to fill you up.

Snakespeare
01-31-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't think it is an exploit. This has happened to me on the bus ride. I get dumped from the game for pinging too high, and when I go back immediately, I am at the spot where I got dumped. That means I wasn't gone from the game, in fact. The server side never knew what the client side was doing. Client poop out, but server didn't know. I went back to the status according to the server.

You can't really duplicate this at will, and even if you could, certainly not quicker than chugging a few man pots, so how can it be an exploit?

Royce
01-31-2011, 06:32 PM
You can't really duplicate this at will, and even if you could, certainly not quicker than chugging a few man pots, so how can it be an exploit?

It wouldn't be as you describe it, but it would be as described in the OP (an induceable method of exiting danger and returning with full health an mana). Obviously whether it can be controlled is a key issue, as is whether your character is still active on the server (subject to regen and also mob damage/death) or whether you actually leave and return fully replenished.