PDA

View Full Version : Devs messing up the lb again

Serancha
10-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Thenameisbob. He's a fraud ;) Might want to fix the dev test runners from writing lb times.

obee
10-09-2014, 04:03 PM
The season just started...what's so bad about it

Instanthumor
10-09-2014, 05:05 PM
The season just started...what's so bad about it

Is there anything good about it that a dev is on LB instead of a player?

SacredKnight
10-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Is there anything good about it that a dev is on LB instead of a player?

No, in fact it's bad for the Lb because that data is false. But that being said, it actually really isn't a big deal. STS will just remove it easily and it will be all done and dusted.

Serancha
10-09-2014, 06:43 PM
With nothing else to do in game at the moment, a lot of people do speed stuff to keep occupied and challenge themselves. It's for fun. But when the times are impossible and you can't see the real ones, there's really nothing to compete against.

Timed boards aren't really about banners for a lot of us. They're about challenging ourselves and testing our skills.

GoodSyntax
10-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Maybe we should challenge the Devs to some friendly elite timed runs?

Take away their insta-kill. They can keep whatever gear or pets they want.

I'd be willing to put some good money on our friendly elite superstars ;-)

GuardianTwo
10-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Put a dev's guild in your contest :P haha

GoodSyntax
10-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Put a dev's guild in your contest :P haha
No prizes for last place [emoji6]

Serancha
10-09-2014, 10:17 PM
The dev damage elixir seems to work a lot better than the one we get to use, just sayin. OUR elixir runs are never noticeably faster, yet theirs seem to be ;)

GoodSyntax
10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
The dev damage elixir seems to work a lot better than the one we get to use, just sayin. OUR elixir runs are never noticeably faster, yet theirs seem to be ;)

They have an instakill command. I've seen it in action....and it's glorious!

Basically, this command makes it a run to boss, spamming kill all along the way; hence the unrealistic times.

Zylx
10-09-2014, 11:17 PM
OMGosh!

A Devs vs Players PvP match would be pretty cool :D

DvP

SacredKnight
10-09-2014, 11:20 PM
With nothing else to do in game at the moment, a lot of people do speed stuff to keep occupied and challenge themselves. It's for fun. But when the times are impossible and you can't see the real ones, there's really nothing to compete against.

Timed boards aren't really about banners for a lot of us. They're about challenging ourselves and testing our skills.

You don't need to see the Lb to challenge yourself. You literally said there's nothing or no one to compete against and even more so said you just want to "Challenge yourself" and test your skills. Now please tell me how seeing your teams name on a Lb is going to change that? Challenging yourself does not require anyone or anything to acknowledge your success or skill, only the joy and pleasure of being able to say to yourself, "Hey Yeah, I did that!'' is what matters.

Serancha
10-10-2014, 02:05 AM
They have an instakill command. I've seen it in action....and it's glorious!

Basically, this command makes it a run to boss, spamming kill all along the way; hence the unrealistic times.

I know, the part about dev elixirs was a joke ;)

Anarchist
10-10-2014, 03:46 AM
Just keep doing your thing and running the maps for fun like you said, for sure next update they will be fixing that.

BUT DONT FORGET
That mods and dev do not run to put themselves on LB to troll you, they do it to test the maps and make sure all is running as it is supposed to be. If there was a bug, a glitch or a exploitable map i am sure that would be a major problem than not seeing your name written on the LB for some days.

GL.

Serancha
10-10-2014, 04:49 AM
The dev characters should really be coded so they don't get written into the player statistics, if they are going to do tests like this on a regular basis on the live server. Since there is an in-house development server, not sure what exactly running /killall elites on the live game would accomplish, but that's their business.

However, the point is that one of the main interactive interfaces for players is not functioning as normal. Whatever anyone's beliefs are about leaderboards and timed runs, this report was to let the devs know about a problem.

This situation has happened more than once before and they needed to manually wipe the dev runs at those times. Alerting them of things that are not working normally is what the bug forum is for.

Anyone wishing to debate the philosophy behind timed leaderboards is free to make a topic of their own in general discussion.

obee
10-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Why so angsty?

I believe you've misread Sera's comments and/or taken them out of context.

I run elites for records too. It's a nice kick knowing you were part of the team of players who came up with the best strategy and finished the fastest in that map. Many teams of good players run for records in timed runs... it's part of how we compete against each other. For some players satisfaction goes beyond just getting that specific AP or finishing that run. What I'm referring to here is like the difference between a casual marathon runner and a competitive runner whose life's aim is to have his name carved into the record books for all to know and see. If you do not appreciate that then maybe hold your peace.

When Sera mentioned there's nothing to compete against, she's referring to the times set by the Dev who ran the elite map which almost certainly is unbeatable given the conditions he/she probably ran in. The challenge is to beat a time set by another team of players, and there's no challenge in beating an artificially-set time.

I hope this clarifies things. Please don't bash Sera's views up, they are her (and I'm sure almost every other timed record runner's) views of the situation. We hope you respect them :)
he never bashed her if you look at what he said...he can state his opinion

notfaded1
10-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Considering I've seen Remiem with like 68000 DMG before I'm guessing this may have something to do with the times o.O they don't need an elixir they can just make a stat ridiculous.

Serancha
10-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Haha they cleaned it up and another one spammed the pure arena board. So silly.

lethaljade
10-21-2014, 11:44 AM
I have to agree this is unbelievably annoying, game is dead only thing I enjoy doing is attempting leader board runs throughout the season, impossible tp do so when were not aware of the real time because a dev has run shuyal in 50seconds.

Ticklish
10-21-2014, 11:58 AM
So elites are dead, timed runs are a joke. What else are pve-oriented players supposed to do?