PDA

View Full Version : Issues with TapJoy

bpatterson007
01-31-2011, 09:32 PM
I have a Verizon Droid X that is rooted. I've rooted the phone in order to do slight overclocks to the processor 1 GHz up to 1.4 GHz. I do this for performance, I'm a power user, and well...because I can!

While being rooted I blocked most ads. When I try to click on an application to download I get the 404 Not Found error message. After doing research it appears blocking ads will cause problems with TapJoy. I enabled the ads and rebooted my phone. Still, I get the same 404 Not Found message. Any ideas?

Also tried to uninstall and reinstall, no luck.

Royce
01-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Sounds like it's not really a PL issue. Seems like you should probably contact whoever makes the application you used to block ads, or maybe tapjoy.

bpatterson007
01-31-2011, 09:42 PM
I don't think it's the application to block ads because I "undid" that to see if it would make TapJoy work. So currently I'm suffering through the ads while I get this fixed.

bpatterson007
01-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Ok I have figured out the issue on my own and it was rather easy now that I think about it. I bet other Android users are making this same mistake.

When I was clicking on an application to install it was asking me which browser to open it with as I have two installed. However I tried another random application and I had a third option, I could select either browser or the market to open the application. Of course I clicked on market, downloaded the application, opened it, and checked my PL account. The platinum was there, yay!

I feel like an idiot now lol. I play Pocket Legends in Landscape mode...and couldn't see the Market as an option in this mode...switching to portrait showed all three options for me (browser, dolphin browser, market) every time.

rologa
02-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Also you have to take into account than some applications are not available in the Market for your country so a message of application not found can be received in some cases.

frauifafie
02-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Ok I have figured out the issue on my own and it was rather easy now that I think about it. I bet other Android users are making this same mistake.

When I was clicking on an application to install it was asking me which browser to open it with as I have two installed. However I tried another random application and I had a third option, I could select either browser or the market to open the application. Of course I clicked on market, downloaded the application, opened it, and checked my PL account. The platinum was there, yay!

I feel like an idiot now lol. I play Pocket Legends in Landscape mode...and couldn't see the Market as an option in this mode...switching to portrait showed all three options for me (browser, dolphin browser, market) every time.I never get an option to choose browser or go to market. And what's landscape mode? Do I still have to enable ads as well?

Also I get the error not by installing the app, but by clicking the link withing the game to get to the apps for the promotion.

bpatterson007
02-02-2011, 07:08 PM
I never get an option to choose browser or go to market. And what's landscape mode? Do I still have to enable ads as well?

Also I get the error not by installing the app, but by clicking the link withing the game to get to the apps for the promotion.

Landscape mode is how you play PL... Spin the phone upright and that's portrait mode.

Try holding your phone upright and see what options come up...

Varking
02-11-2011, 07:59 PM
I tried it holding the phone upright and it still does nothing. Just takes me to the error page every time. I am rooted and using a Droid X as well but I do not have ads blocked.