PDA

View Full Version : Crafting

Cinco
01-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Pocket Legends' "Crafting System" (in Version 1.7) adds a new way to play the game!

Here's a high-level overview of how it works right now:

First - you will need to go to a Forge. A "Forge" is a location in the game where you can craft items. Different items can be crafted at different forge locations.

There is a Forge in Forest Haven. It is operated by a character named "Burke the Blacksmith." Talk to him to get started. Burke will have some quests to introduce you to the crafting process.

When you have collected rewards for Burke's initial crafting quests you will be ready to "Craft Items."

Converse with Burke in Forest Haven and say that you want to "Craft Items." He will respond by invoking the Crafting Interface. Here you will be able to browse available Recipes. You must own a "Recipe" for any item you wish to craft. Recipes can be purchased from the Store (or directly from the Forge). They may also drop as loot or may be given as quest rewards.

Choose a Recipe to craft. This will invoke the Recipe Interface. A "Recipe" lists the components required to make an item. For instance, the Recipe for a "Sorcerer Robe" requires three (3) units of Cloth Fabric, a Magic Gem, and a unit of Thread. The Recipe Interface will show you which components you have and which components you are still lacking. When you have all required crafting components you will be able to "Combine" them and create your NEW item!

Most of your crafting components will come as rewards from 'daily' Quests. These are quests that can be repeated every (n) number of days. Some components will drop as loot. Still others (thread, cord, rivets, etc.) will only be available from the Store. Store items will be available for either Gold or Platinum.

Certain types of crafting components and certain crafted items can be traded.

The (relatively) small number of 'crafted' items that we introduce as part of the tutorial in Forest Haven and as part of the content in the "Balefort Sewer" campaign will grow over time - based on the success of the system and your feedback.

Hope you enjoy it!

- Cinco

Physiologic
omg...beautiful

What will the function of crafted items be? Will they be equips?

Sigkill
second muahahahahahaa

Derps
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
first muahhahaha

Fail xD
/10

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Will there be rare recipes? Or rare crafted equipment? :)

MoarPewPew
I'm in love!!!

DawnInfinity
Sounds awesome! :o

Zeus
second muahahahahahaa

Fail nope. We were stalking Cinco... This is awesome btw CINCO! I can't wait!!!!

Lesrider
Recipes must be bought from the store? As in plat?

FluffNStuff
Does everyone who 'crafts' a certain recipe make the same item?

Sigkill
01-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Fail xD
/10

i swear i was first.... computer lagged

Baked-Potato
Sweet, can't wait! Thanks for the info Cinco!

THEHOGY
Great Idea Hope it turns out well!!!!!!!!!!

Junside
01-31-2011, 10:06 PM
Repeatable daily quests. I like the sound of that. Of course in order to fulfill a bigger quest.

Ayrilana
Awesome. I can't wait.

Lesrider
Was worth the stalking -- sounds good!

But I saw you reading my thread and was hoping there would be a chance for totally unique items. Doesn't seem like that's happening at the moment.

MoarPewPew
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
And here is my first post ever on the STS forums.

Hi first of all I want to say this is a fantastic game. But there Is always room for improvements. My idea was to create Two crafting skills such as Alchemy and Blacksmithing. First of all since all levels are dungeon based, some Very uncommon ore desposits must be placed in the dungeon randomly. Each spawning in different locations in the dungeon. With a mining pick that you purchase from a vendor you must tap the auto attack button as fast as you can. More swings you get at the ore deposit the more ore you get within a five second duration. Inside your invetory you ore will be placed. The Ore is used for crafting materials such as weapons and armor. In order to craft a item you must aquire recsipes from various enemys. To use them click on them and it will say you have learned "Battle axe"

This leads me to the crafting menu. The crafting menu tells you what materials you have and if you have the propper amount of skill level inorder to craft that material.

For every successful time you craft a weapon/armor you get a skill point that allows you to craft more advanced weapons.

Alchemy.

Same exact concept as Blacksmith but you make potions. There are different potions that are found in random dungeons . These potions are used to enhance your character. The higher the skill of you crafting skill the better the potion you can receive.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope this gets implemented ingame :)

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 10:08 PM
Was worth the stalking -- sounds good!

But I saw you reading my thread and was hoping there would be a chance for totally unique items. Doesn't seem like that's happening at the moment.

I'm hoping for this too. At least very rare, if not unique.

Knowing the system now, rare recipe, extremely long ingredient list would seem good.

EDIT: Also, I wonder if the forge is 100%. It seems so from Cinco's post no?

Junside
01-31-2011, 10:11 PM
and here is my first post ever on the sts forums.

EPIC F0RTUNE TELLER MUCH?! :d

Rebel
01-31-2011, 10:12 PM
Sounds perfect as a basic starting point. As time progresses, I'm sure that this system will become much more advanced. I would love to see the leveling of your crafting skill.

MoarPewPew
01-31-2011, 10:13 PM
EPIC F0RTUNE TELLER MUCH?! :d

I was close but no cigar..,,.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Here's hoping this can make me forget about DD so I don't have to start over from scratch there!

Dizzy
01-31-2011, 10:17 PM
Like it so far, gives another reason to farm (for raw material drops and gold to buy other raw materials from the forge), and it's something new to master.

Knowing that this is just the start, I hope that future updates will allow us to use gear when we craft, and to create our own recipes, with the ability to really push the limits and causing random outcomes such as creating a totally awesome weapon or a totally broken piece of scrap metal. :)

The one thing I think this game lacks, and that crafting could fix, is personalization. Everyone strives to get the best gear and it's really not that hard. With only three character classes and limited choices for awesome gear, everyone looks the same. I'd love crafting to be able to open up gear, and maybe allow for some insane and unique stuff to be made by people who work hard on crafting quests and farm their fingers off for good materials.

I do think this is an exciting start. Can't wait to try it. :D

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Like it so far, gives another reason to farm (for raw material drops and gold to buy other raw materials from the forge), and it's something new to master.

Knowing that this is just the start, I hope that future updates will allow us to use gear when we craft, and to create our own recipes, with the ability to really push the limits and causing random outcomes such as creating a totally awesome weapon or a totally broken piece of scrap metal. :)

The one thing I think this game lacks, and that crafting could fix, is personalization. Everyone strives to get the best gear and it's really not that hard. With only three character classes and limited choices for awesome gear, everyone looks the same. I'd love crafting to be able to open up gear, and maybe allow for some insane and unique stuff to be made by people who work hard on crafting quests and farm their fingers off for good materials.

I do think this is an exciting start. Can't wait to try it. :D

Yeah this is the thread we caught Cinco looking at before:

http://http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16752-Yes-I-m-going-to-suggest-the-DD-item-system-again-but-hear-me-out!&highlight=Dungeon+defenders

Got my hopes up. But maybe we'll see more unique items in the future.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 10:23 PM
Btw, I assume recipes will require items from all different maps? Would definitely give us reason to revisit old maps on a regular basis.

romgar1
01-31-2011, 10:24 PM
<3<3<3!!! My hammer is sooooo ready.

Ellyidol
01-31-2011, 10:29 PM
I wonder if this would actually suffice as an "end-game" system. I was expecting an upgrading type with an almost never ending challenge, but this seems really cool too, just curious if it would actually work as an end-game system. Especially with the (relatively) small number of crafted items, it seems that this would also just be used up by a few weeks. (Unless the repeatables are extremely long and hard) :D

chrononh
01-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Sounds really interesting. Few questions:

Are recipes and forged equipment tradeable? Are recipes multiple use? If we have to pick up multiple components to use, are we getting more inventory slots (please please please)?

Otherwise, can't wait to try out the update. :)

Tsarra
01-31-2011, 11:03 PM
This is a good start. I, as well, would like to see completely unique items in PL. I am happy with this, though. :)

Pharcyde
01-31-2011, 11:56 PM
Omg I can't wait. Cinco, tell them over at Apple that your app is MORE important then all the other lame apps with app patches :D.

Lesrider
01-31-2011, 11:59 PM
Omg I can't wait. Cinco, tell them over at Apple that your app is MORE important then all the other lame apps with app patches :D.

I bet the whole Apple staff is busy with DD's patch, since it's already crashed. And they probably want to avoid the disaster that was the last update. PL hasn't had any problems so they probably forgot about it ;) j/k don't have a heart attack!

Pharcyde
02-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I bet the whole Apple staff is busy with DD's patch, since it's already crashed. And they probably want to avoid the disaster that was the last update. PL hasn't had any problems so they probably forgot about it ;) j/k don't have a heart attack!

*heart beat increases*

Diodge
02-01-2011, 01:06 AM
This sound's great.

I wonder if any components come from us breaking down Pink,P/B,G,Y.
It would make drops worth a set bottom price.

DD is slow stagnant play. If I could vote 0 I would. They are going for the worst app of the year.
I'm sorry for bringing up this game again Spacetime. I just made the forum's IQ go down again :(.

Protaris
02-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Awesome, i cant wait to craft my first item :)

icantgetkills
02-01-2011, 02:08 AM
sweet this endgame stuff looks awesome also people cant just be like all you do is kill stuff because they lie :L
also if will give quests some point!!! all you need now is exp and quests will be worth doing :)

Necrobane
02-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Sounds awesome thanks sts!

Skyron
02-01-2011, 02:44 AM
great news.

I think the inventory will increase ?

Lesrider
02-01-2011, 02:48 AM
great news.

I think the inventory will increase ?

Rather than mixing all those crafting ingredients into our equipment inventory, I hope there's a new tab for it, with stacking ingredients -- like Thread x 5 , rock x 8 , etc. Would make the most sense, I think.

thugimmortal
02-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Very cool i cant wait to craft items

but the best materials will be in the plat storew

i really need a way to get plat with phone credit
so then i need not worry about getting things from the plat store

icantgetkills
02-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Very cool i cant wait to craft items

but the best materials will be in the plat storew

i really need a way to get plat with phone credit
so then i need not worry about getting things from the plat store

The beat things should never come from the plat store so I'm sure they won't.. If they do thats bs haha as you should need to pay real money to get the best stuff

PLaCiD
02-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm really looking forward to crafting :)

I hope there's epic crafting items that only drop from major tough bosses etc.

thugimmortal
02-01-2011, 07:33 AM
The beat things should never come from the plat store so I'm sure they won't.. If they do thats bs haha as you should need to pay real money to get the best stuff

Agreed but if not the best in plat store you know that a key element of crafting will have to be purchaced and it is very difficult for me to get platinum at the moment.

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm really looking forward to crafting :)

I hope there's epic crafting items that only drop from major tough bosses etc.

This is what im hoping for the most.

No, not some shadow cave type that would take a good hour to do and no drop. Id rather a slightly rare drop but long quest. Whether its from a boss or not, i just hope crafting would be able to distinguish the casual vs the dedicated.

Echelong
02-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Cinco will you only be able to make new items or upgrade existing ones? For example make a rift or hate armor better? Maybe make the power Armor of Hate rift?(just an idea though)

Phoenixking
02-01-2011, 08:28 AM
A dev said that there was also a combination of two old items to make a new item?....

Acyer
02-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Ugh I can't wait now........ hurry up apple.....

mugen
02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
awesome ! nuff said.
thanks sts!

Arterra
02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
i see you here G... must add posts to my trophy case...

Physiologic
02-01-2011, 01:29 PM
A dev said that there was also a combination of two old items to make a new item?....

The dev never said "old items." He said two or more ingredients.

Phoenixking
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Asommers said that in town, im not talking about cinco, i wonder why asommers said that and cinco didn't?

Dogmao
02-01-2011, 02:13 PM
nice completly the way i wated^^

im just afraid that they can become over 250k in cs... <.<

Lesrider
02-01-2011, 02:25 PM
nice completly the way i wated^^

im just afraid that they can become over 250k in cs... <.<

That's why you do the work to get them if you don't have the money. If you do have the money, choose.
Items shouldn't be so easy to buy -- but they are.

nazgulking
02-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Wow can't wait! <Drools>
Apple approve this fantastic app at once! I command you LOL!

player5123
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Yes!!! Yess!!! Yessss !!!!!!!!!

Phoenixking
02-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Cinco said there buyable by gold

Ipadwarriorr
02-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Nice :) me & my gf really can't wait for this new update! :)

ballersburden
02-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Hopefully the items crafted will be able to be sold for a good amount of money, even when liquidating it. I say liquidating because if most of us are going to be crafting the same items, no other player will want to buy them. Therefore we will have to liquidate... and hopefully it gives us more for these items than the ones looted from monsters so crafting can actually be worth it. Or else, what would be the point? I know money doesn't matter much... but still.

Sanatorium
02-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Can't wait to check this out and use it, hopefully we'll adapt to it quick :p.

Lesrider
02-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Hopefully the items crafted will be able to be sold for a good amount of money, even when liquidating it. I say liquidating because if most of us are going to be crafting the same items, no other player will want to buy them. Therefore we will have to liquidate... and hopefully it gives us more for these items than the ones looted from monsters so crafting can actually be worth it. Or else, what would be the point? I know money doesn't matter much... but still.

Hopefully the recipes/ingredients will be hard enough to find that the crafted itms will be worth something to other people. Otherwise, what would be the point of crafting them if you're not gonna use or sell them?

Physiologic
02-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Hopefully the recipes/ingredients will be hard enough to find that the crafted itms will be worth something to other people. Otherwise, what would be the point of crafting them if you're not gonna use or sell them?

The ingredients/recipes would be expensive instead of the crafted item then!

Lesrider
02-01-2011, 06:49 PM
The ingredients/recipes would be expensive instead of the crafted item then!

Maybe they're not tradeable? I dunno...

Physiologic
02-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Maybe they're not tradeable? I dunno...

Certain types of crafting components and certain crafted items can be traded.

Guess we both missed out on this...only certain ingredients and certain crafted items!

Lesrider
02-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Guess we both missed out on this...only certain ingredients and certain crafted items!

Interesting....

Dranby
02-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Can't wait

Cheesecakess
02-02-2011, 03:00 AM
How do you buy recipes from plat store or can you buy off other players?

Formora
02-02-2011, 03:13 AM

A dev didn't say that. Some guy quoted him and twisted his words to make it seem like that. See trader's market for the thread.

lorkin
02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
when does this go live! been waiting for crafting.

Phoenixking
02-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Asommers said that lol for what I read

Formora
02-04-2011, 02:01 AM
The thread in trader's market says "The forging add on will have you to combine different items to make a new one." Doesn't mean two existing items being crafted into one.

KefkaTelsar
02-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Let me start by saying this is an awesome addition to the game. Back when I played World of Warcraft, crafting was one of the most enjoyable aspects. A couple of things I'd like to see changed. First, recipes should be permanently learnable . While I totally support the need for spending platinum so you guys can make your revenue, having to spend 10 platinum on a recipe every time I want to craft something when I already had to grind out/buy the materials is harsh. As it stands, I'll only look at crafting something at end game if it'll be better than a drop I could get instead since crafting something means I have to spend platinum. Also, I agree that the materials should stack.

The earlier suggestion to have some kind of progression similar to other games for crafting I think is a really good one. Rather than charging platinum and/or high gold prices on recipes and materials, you could instead have progressive crafting proficiencies that you would have to pay platinum to learn, but to progress to more advanced proficiencies, you'd have to level up the previous one. For example, the blacksmith could charge you 10 platinum to become an apprentice, and each item you craft raises your crafting skill. Once you reached a certain level, you could then spend 10 platinum to advance to the next proficiency (such as journeyman or expert). I would still offer the recipes with a platinum price tag, but make them also buyable with gold, and make the materials cheaper since you'll have to go through a lot of them to progress.

You could also make the crafting more interesting by breaking out the recipes into separate professions (tailor, leather worker, blacksmith), with each profession requiring platinum to advance proficiency in.

Demonicdevyn
02-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Not sure if u meant to do this but it costs 7$ just to make the lv 5 sorcerers robe..
We had to repeadeatly but the cloth robe recipe shudnt u make it just one time?
Alot of ppl don't wanna buy til that's changed. Also do platinum recipes drop as plat?

darksoulage
02-15-2011, 08:07 PM
how crafting works anyway? is it just to change m/s to h/s?

Ellyidol
02-15-2011, 08:10 PM
how crafting works anyway? is it just to change m/s to h/s?

Nope, not just that.

There's more information on what crafting gear give in Yanis' thread in the Traders Market section.

His Pinks and stats - baelfort sewers campaign.

Djinn80
03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Where do you buy recepies? I don't see any available in the store - am I missing something?

CowboyJim
03-01-2011, 11:34 AM
No, Djinn. They changed the recipe. Only drops now. No buy from store.....low level recipes drop from bosses in Forest Haven, high level recipes drop from bosses in Balefort Sewers. Good luck.

Djinn80
03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Yea thats super lame. Why wouldn't they just let us pay plat for them - makes them money, makes us money. This is a pocket game - not a PC game that we want to drain hours at a time farming... :(

Thanks for the reply though - wish I woulda paid attention to recepies when it was for sale at the store because I've been through meatheads deli quite a few times and haven't seen one drop yet.

ghosty222
03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
ima be honest crafting sucks :( i like it up but it sucks for those that dont know what im saying well im saying it sucks cuz ur limited to what u can do i thought we can level up the crafting skill and as we advance in levels on crafting we can craft better things but everything is already giving out...i dont mined it being there now but as for recipes and craft items taking up inventory space thats a no go for me :( is there any way crafting materials can have there own inventory separate from the normal inventory before crafting came out :) no im not hating it just what i think...

RahX
03-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Crafting is an excellent idea. So far it hasn't done much for me as it is limited to what you can make since it is a new addition. I played Ragnarok for a long time and I found the slotted gear concept to be rather enjoyable. You could get different cards from monsters/bosses. Your weapons and gear had X number of slots and you could add a card to a slot which was a permanent move. They also had a crafting system which allowed you to make elemental weapons and such. Something similar might benefit PL a bit more than just crafting alone.

Elf-Orc-Naga
03-27-2011, 03:11 AM
I wish we can craft and change the item colors too.. like the gems in fury shield will become color pink when crafted!
OMG if this happens this item will be more expensive than now LOL

Djinn80
03-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Can we buy recipies with plat as well as farm them? I've spent countless hours farming and received nothing yet. I'd much rather pay for it - isn't the goal for PL to make money, not drain our time sitting around killing the same mob hour after hour?

Also, give us the option to edit/create lower level gear. Lvl 20 & 25 pvp is probably more popular than 50+ and would be really cool. Especially since the gear selection for 20 is so limited.

I'd love to be able to tweak my weapons/armor or create new stuff at that level :)

Redbridge
03-29-2011, 01:58 PM
Can we buy recipies with plat as well as farm them? I've spent countless hours farming and received nothing yet. I'd much rather pay for it - isn't the goal for PL to make money, not drain our time sitting around killing the same mob hour after hour?

Also, give us the option to edit/create lower level gear. Lvl 20 & 25 pvp is probably more popular than 50+ and would be really cool. Especially since the gear selection for 20 is so limited.

I'd love to be able to tweak my weapons/armor or create new stuff at that level :)

There were recipes available via plat originally but these were gone nearly as soon as they arrived. Farming is very low drop in my experience. I've had one lvl15 armour recipe and farm regularly.

I am hoping that the next release has further expansion of crafting to include things like mid level recipes and maybe even herblore. Also would like to see Guilds which have been muted as coming for some time now....

Good Luck