PDA

View Full Version : To STS: regarding the planar arena.

Serancha
10-11-2014, 12:28 AM
Dear STS,

For the past week, I have been running arena for times / entertainment, and saving the chests dropped at the end of each completed run. I just opened them all at once and would like to share the results.

Out of 30 elite arena chests, the loot was as follows:

56 epic items
2 planar rogue helms (with 31 and 43 less damage than level 36 mythics)
1 architect item worth 40k.
1 architect item worth 5k.

Even with the optimistic view that anyone will actually buy the 2 rogue items, the maximum earnable by these 4 legendary items is 150k.

Costs to get each chest:
Each arena run with 4 bosses uses an average of 4k worth of potions for a rogue, depending on their gear and how strong the party is. This is more for mages and possibly less for warriors, so I will use it as an average.

Unless you're doing pure runs, even with the best team you'll use a minimum of 2 ankhs (usually closer to 5 even with maxed gear). This can escalate extremely fast if you get caught in a ferrix poison death loop, or bloodhammer decides you're his new fave punching bag. I've used up to 15 ankhs on a single run with arcane ring and sam.

25 ankhs currently costs close to 75k in the CS.

So at minimum, we are looking at 10k spent for each 4-boss run for a top geared player. For anyone without top gear or with a lesser geared team, this number is increased.

Calculated average
For 30 runs, the numbers above work out to 300k spent, for loot that will bring in an absolute maximum of 150k, minus listing fees.

This kind of severe lack of quality in loot and item stats is what is making the game fail and forcing players to look for other entertainment options. We are wearing the same gear we got a year and a half ago, and the best and newest items to farm are over 30 damage lower in stats!!! Why even bother releasing this stuff? No offense, but it is utterly useless.

Request
Please give us something to farm for that will be better than the old mythics. Please give us something that will make it worth our while to play for. Time is money, and spending twice as much as you can possibly make back is NOT anyone's idea of a good time.

Games are supposed to be fun and rewarding. I don't mind putting out the effort and gold (and yes, even plat) if there is a reasonable chance I will earn my gold back, and maybe even profit or (better yet) get something one of my characters can actually use. But the way it is now? This is not fun, STS. Please make the game worth playing, for everyone's sake.

Thank you.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-11-2014, 12:32 AM
Nice math!!
Lol I haven't even run one time cuz I'm not here to farm and lose money
Plus, not a lot of people are buying those pinks

Visiting
10-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Agreed 100%!
I like to run the arena! It's challenging, aesthetically pleasing, and required communication among your party. I'd run the arena all day if I could, however I can't because of the fact that I can't afford to spend all my in game/IRL cash to farm something that will never return even the slightest profit. A lot of people I knew from elite/pve guilds were looking forward to the arena as it would give them something to farm again, seeing as elites are dead atm (another problem Imo). But, 90% of elite runners just sit around or lol@pvp now because arena has no plausible loot to farm for.

GoodSyntax
10-11-2014, 01:07 AM
After 200+ completed arena runs, I am done with the arena.

When STS said Fossils will drop here, I thought it was great. Sure it is tough, but at least you could legitimately work your way into a high value arcane item.

But now, with Fossils non-existent out of literally thousands of opened arena chests (from a bunch of players I know that have opened as many as I have), plus the fact that Vials are equally non-existent, STS couldn't have trolled us elite farmers any worse with the possibility of Nekro. I mean, what avid elite runner doesn't have the Nekro recipe?

So, other than deaths, what does the arena give you with any regularity? Epic trash and lots and lots of Shade, Noble and Architect gear. The worst trolling is this same junk Legendary popping out of arena chests.

Well done, the Arena looks great, but I won't be going back in...

Serancha
10-11-2014, 01:13 AM
I'd also like to note that the calculations provided only account for completed runs.

It often takes 2 or 3 attempts at a boss set (or remaps) for a party to actually complete a run. This is fine. It's actually awesome because it's a big challenge for us to sink our teeth into. However, given the difficulty level and cost of the battles, the reward needs to reflect that.

Risk and Reward MUST balance each other in any given situation. We have great risk, but absolutely no reward. This is the issue with all high elites currently, but arena is the most major issue of them all.

aarrgggggg
10-11-2014, 01:26 AM
Dear STS,

For the past week, I have been running arena for times / entertainment, and saving the chests dropped at the end of each completed run. I just opened them all at once and would like to share the results.

Out of 30 elite arena chests, the loot was as follows:

56 epic items
2 planar rogue helms (with 31 and 43 less damage than level 36 mythics)
1 architect item worth 40k.
1 architect item worth 5k.

Even with the optimistic view that anyone will actually buy the 2 rogue items, the maximum earnable by these 4 legendary items is 150k.

Costs to get each chest:
Each arena run with 4 bosses uses an average of 4k worth of potions for a rogue, depending on their gear and how strong the party is. This is more for mages and possibly less for warriors, so I will use it as an average.

Unless you're doing pure runs, even with the best team you'll use a minimum of 2 ankhs (usually closer to 5 even with maxed gear). This can escalate extremely fast if you get caught in a ferrix poison death loop, or bloodhammer decides you're his new fave punching bag. I've used up to 15 ankhs on a single run with arcane ring and sam.

25 ankhs currently costs close to 75k in the CS.

So at minimum, we are looking at 10k spent for each 4-boss run for a top geared player. For anyone without top gear or with a lesser geared team, this number is increased.

Calculated average
For 30 runs, the numbers above work out to 300k spent, for loot that will bring in an absolute maximum of 150k, minus listing fees.

This kind of severe lack of quality in loot and item stats is what is making the game fail and forcing players to look for other entertainment options. We are wearing the same gear we got a year and a half ago, and the best and newest items to farm are over 30 damage lower in stats!!! Why even bother releasing this stuff? No offense, but it is utterly useless.

Request
Please give us something to farm for that will be better than the old mythics. Please give us something that will make it worth our while to play for. Time is money, and spending twice as much as you can possibly make back is NOT anyone's idea of a good time.

Games are supposed to be fun and rewarding. I don't mind putting out the effort and gold (and yes, even plat) if there is a reasonable chance I will earn my gold back, and maybe even profit or (better yet) get something one of my characters can actually use. But the way it is now? This is not fun, STS. Please make the game worth playing, for everyone's sake.

Thank you.

I totally agree with you
Soon there will be an entirely "farmable" mythic pendant....lets hope its not nekro #2

With that said, i had already figured out in the first week arena was relesead it was nothing more than a gold sink.... dont waste your time and gold.
or do if its fun 2 play there for you, that is ultimately what this games suppose 2 be........fun.

But as much fun as running the maps in this game are, ultimately its even more fun when/if you drop an item of actual value.

Candylicks
10-11-2014, 06:11 AM
Yes we just want to make a little gold off arena, we all knew fossil was a joke. They need to fix the loot, it's really a shame because the arena is fun and they spent all the time making it plus hosting the test server. It's a dead zone in the game. Our guild held a Contest in arena with a prize of ab egg to encourage people to run it, and only one person entered the contest. My solutions:
1.improve stats on planar making them just slightly less than mythics
2. Slightly increase fossil rate
3. Add one more item in the arena chests like rare vanity or egg
4. Allow planar to drop from bosses 1-3.
5.Remove shade and architect

joydhillon
10-11-2014, 06:24 AM
Just another usefull post that will be ignored by sts.
Why bother posting. Find new titles to play..

Amadorbibidor
10-11-2014, 10:02 AM
First time i agree with serancha.

ayylmao
10-11-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm surprised players are actually ruining the planar arena. It doesn't take a mathematician to figure it's not worth the time or gold.

Serancha
10-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Yes we just want to make a little gold off arena, we all knew fossil was a joke. They need to fix the loot, it's really a shame because the arena is fun and they spent all the time making it plus hosting the test server. It's a dead zone in the game. Our guild held a Contest in arena with a prize of ab egg to encourage people to run it, and only one person entered the contest. My solutions:
1.improve stats on planar making them just slightly less than mythics
2. Slightly increase fossil rate
3. Add one more item in the arena chests like rare vanity or egg
4. Allow planar to drop from bosses 1-3.
5.Remove shade and architect

Why less than mythics??. Level 36 Mythics should be totally obsolete by now. They are ao far past their expiry date, they're practically falling apart.

Make something better so people have a reason to farm. If there's nothing better, people have nothing to work for, they get bored, and that's why the game is plagued with drama.

Jexetta
10-11-2014, 10:57 AM
The bottom line is this :

The old arena gave better loot in that you could get elite golden chests which had the opportunity to give better loot. Whoever came up with the solution of unique soul bound chests that gives loot of worse quality (from seasons ago - don't get me started on NOBLE gear popping out of the chests) wasn't thinking the solution through properly. Old arena was better for loot and... hey guess what... you could get arcane items with larger frequency there. There was, and is, no reason to soul bind a chest because there is a infinitesimally small percentage of getting an arcane item. You could get those items before with chests from arena and if you aren't a gambler, which I'm not, you could sell them on auction.

obee
10-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Why less than mythics??. Level 36 Mythics should be totally obsolete by now. They are ao far past their expiry date, they're practically falling apart.

Make something better so people have a reason to farm. If there's nothing better, people have nothing to work for, they get bored, and that's why the game is plagued with drama.
People already bought mythics, they are gonna get burned when they lose their money. STS didn't think it through

joydhillon
10-11-2014, 11:27 AM
The bottom line is this :

The old arena gave better loot in that you could get elite golden chests which had the opportunity to give better loot. Whoever came up with the solution of unique soul bound chests that gives loot of worse quality (from seasons ago - don't get me started on NOBLE gear popping out of the chests) wasn't thinking the solution through properly. Old arena was better for loot and... hey guess what... you could get arcane items with larger frequency there. There was, and is, no reason to soul bind a chest because there is a infinitesimally small percentage of getting an arcane item. You could get those items before with chests from arena and if you aren't a gambler, which I'm not, you could sell them on auction. -jex

100% agreed. I think they should make those chests tradeable and give it a chance to drop rather than dropping everytime arena ends. Much like new locked crates. Also and ofcourse increase chance of arcane loot.
Heck they could even introduce new mythic armor in that for all i care. Just make it worth the farming.

Serancha
10-11-2014, 12:59 PM
People already bought mythics, they are gonna get burned when they lose their money. STS didn't think it through

People have been buying the same mythics for FIVE SEASONS. It's time to get rid of them and put in something new. You're not still using the same weapon you used at the 26 cap. Why should you be using the same helm?

The argument that people already bought mythics is not even valid. Car companies don't "not" release a new model because everyone bought last year's, do they?

They've released 2 arcane pets in the last 4 months, but no useable gear? Something is totally backwards.

chorba69
10-11-2014, 01:19 PM
idk why STS releases new stuff to when the old stuff is garbage and full of
if you don't balance the classes asap (there is no balance for over a year), your game will die.
time to find another game to play
bye

obee
10-11-2014, 02:47 PM
People have been buying the same mythics for FIVE SEASONS. It's time to get rid of them and put in something new. You're not still using the same weapon you used at the 26 cap. Why should you be using the same helm?

The argument that people already bought mythics is not even valid. Car companies don't "not" release a new model because everyone bought last year's, do they?

They've released 2 arcane pets in the last 4 months, but no useable gear? Something is totally backwards.
But people know that people release cars the next year. Those mythic armors costed a ton at one point, so lots of people would be mad losing their money

SacredKnight
10-11-2014, 02:53 PM
The new Mythic Amulet is elite based only so it should be something pretty interesting to fight for! But that being said, if we have to slave away at the Arena of if the Tombs are equally as bad, spending millions of gold on Ankhs, Potions etc. (This is based on your stats that 30 runs=300k roughly, and presuming it would take more then 30 runs to get this) then I personally wouldn't consider this amulet worth it if I can just wait next season for an item equally if not better then this for much cheaper?

Amadorbibidor
10-11-2014, 02:53 PM
But people know that people release cars the next year. Those mythic armors costed a ton at one point, so lots of people would be mad losing their money

Lol if set was 6m then STS gonna have 6m $ less in their account if they change them and make old ones unuseful.

Serancha
10-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Lol if set was 6m then STS gonna have 6m $ less in their account if they change them and make old ones unuseful.

A mythic set is currently about 1.6m. This is NOT a reason not to release better gear, when this stuff has been out forever. How is the game supposed to progress if you guys want to keep the same gear for a lifetime? What does that leave anyone to work for?

obee
10-11-2014, 03:01 PM
A mythic set is currently about 1.6m. This is NOT a reason not to release better gear, when this stuff has been out forever. How is the game supposed to progress if you guys want to keep the same gear for a lifetime? What does that leave anyone to work for?
I'm just saying STS should release better mythic amulets and rings before gear. Just so people won't get burned as much. And chill lol

Amadorbibidor
10-11-2014, 03:03 PM

Im talking the set when it was released, now its dirty cheap. Yes we need new gear, problem, old gear hard earned gonna be trashed and new gear gonna be untouchable by non plat users. 1 mil things are 50 mil at their release.

Serancha
10-11-2014, 03:07 PM
If they didn't release better gear because people spent millions on their gear over a year ago, how do you explain mythic weapons? At their very cheapest they cost 6x more than a mythic set, yet they still release better ones (debatable in the case of bulwark, I know) every season, and nobody complains that their old ones are obsolete.

obee
10-11-2014, 03:09 PM
If they didn't release better gear because people spent millions on their gear over a year ago, how do you explain mythic weapons? At their very cheapest they cost 6x more than a mythic set, yet they still release better ones (debatable in the case of bulwark, I know) every season, and nobody complains that their old ones are obsolete.
Like amb says, we won't be happy unless the new gear is COMPLETELY farmable. No locks or this plat crap involved. Non plat players need a good way to get this. I don't care if the quest takes a month, I'll be fine if I don't spend a dime

Serancha
10-11-2014, 03:11 PM
Did you read my first post? The request was to make the new farmable legendaries better than the old mythic gear. Namely the planar equipment, since it is the newest.

Zeus
10-11-2014, 03:38 PM
Additionally, with seasons lasting an upwards of 6 months or more lately, mythic gear should really only be the best for ONE, maybe ONE & ONE-HALF season max. The best gear in the game should never be so easily obtainable as current mythics are. There once was a time where even the super rich could not afford a full mythic set - it was just ungodly expensive.

This lead to people being creative with their gear and all other gear to have some value too. It was during this time that having a gear that was lootable through lockeds while still having a slightly inferior gear set through farming was manageable. Honestly, people complain that the game is broken because farming is dead but at the same time, they do not want the change required to step out of this loop.

I think that the new mythics should be farmable, however, I do not mind if there are two tiers of gear: 1 super rare set & 1 farmable set. This creates goals for both the hardcore player and the casual player. If anyone remembers, this is like how it once was.

The problem with making new mythics farmable is that they will be so exceedingly rare that most people will still use old mythics. So, there has to be two sets of gear released & both have to exceed the generations old current mythic gear.

#NewMythics2014

Endkey
10-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Why cant we just have the best gear farmable (extreme farming) and the slightly weaker gear from crates? That will make the game worth it. Thats how it is with all the games around. What StS can do to is to have some sort of bonus elixirs on the crate gear, like 15%+ xp and so on, which they wont have on farmable gear. This will not decrease the amount of crates being opened as people always want the best, just the way 6 dex is better than 3 dex, these elixirs will somewhat force people to buy them if they want to win.

Serancha
10-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Why cant we just have the best gear farmable (extreme farming) and the slightly weaker gear from crates? That will make the game worth it.

This!

Candylicks
10-11-2014, 04:58 PM
Arena loot is broke. Even a dinky bandaid would help... It's one of the worst things I have ever seen in a video game. A wonderful well anticipated new zone into a game with not a single item worth playing for.

spimeslam
10-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Bosses should have chance to drop 0-7 ankh along with regular loot. The arena should have other rare items that are cool and worthy of a price value. What about a rare vanity/banner/vanity pet that could come from master chest too.

Serancha
10-12-2014, 10:40 AM
Bosses should have chance to drop 0-7 ankh along with regular loot. The arena should have other rare items that are cool and worthy of a price value. What about a rare vanity/banner/vanity pet that could come from master chest too.

I like this. When they had the last event, bosses occasionally dropped energy kits. They could do the same with ankhs.

Anarchist
10-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Untradeable Ankhs of course =]

Serancha
10-13-2014, 10:32 AM
Arena loot is broke. Even a dinky bandaid would help... It's one of the worst things I have ever seen in a video game. A wonderful well anticipated new zone into a game with not a single item worth playing for.

Yes. Nobody even really believed the fossil would drop, but they did believe there would be some gear dropping that would be useable. Not only is it not useable or sellable, the stats are as bad as level 36 epics when it should be better than anything else we have. And not at a rate of 2 items in 30 completed runs.

Amadorbibidor
10-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Back to our mythic armor hot discussion... I understand you don't want to have a lvl 26 helm considered "best" at our current cap 41 but what if they just upgrade the armor? 10 levels to helm and 5 levels to armor should do it. I really don't see a good idea to make a new armor because:

If new armor is made then people loses their gold. If people loses their gold then they are not happy. If they are not happy they leave game. If they leave game then they won't buy platinum anymore. If they don't buy platinum anymore then remiem is sad, if remiem is sad then all game developers are sad. If all game developers are sad they don't do updates. If they don't do updates then game is dead. If game is dead then it's removed from play store. If it's removed from play store we all gonna be sad.

Baaaack to a serious discussion, that was 97% a joke, new armor no no no. Upgrade armor yes yes yes. Agree or not serancha? Lolol

P.S. Nice thanks number

Titanfall
10-13-2014, 12:52 PM
Agreed 100%!
I like to run the arena! It's challenging, aesthetically pleasing, and required communication among your party. I'd run the arena all day if I could, however I can't because of the fact that I can't afford to spend all my in game/IRL cash to farm something that will never return even the slightest profit. A lot of people I knew from elite/pve guilds were looking forward to the arena as it would give them something to farm again, seeing as elites are dead atm (another problem Imo). But, 90% of elite runners just sit around or lol@pvp now because arena has no plausible loot to farm for.
At least you can farm deaths!

Serancha
10-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Back to our mythic armor hot discussion... I understand you don't want to have a lvl 26 helm considered "best" at our current cap 41 but what if they just upgrade the armor? 10 levels to helm and 5 levels to armor should do it. I really don't see a good idea to make a new armor because:

If new armor is made then people loses their gold. If people loses their gold then they are not happy. If they are not happy they leave game. If they leave game then they won't buy platinum anymore. If they don't buy platinum anymore then remiem is sad, if remiem is sad then all game developers are sad. If all game developers are sad they don't do updates. If they don't do updates then game is dead. If game is dead then it's removed from play store. If it's removed from play store we all gonna be sad.

Baaaack to a serious discussion, that was 97% a joke, new armor no no no. Upgrade armor yes yes yes. Agree or not serancha? Lolol

P.S. Nice thanks number

Considering you lol'd you already know that I'm going to disagree with upgrading. Upgrading to 36 was one of the biggest mistakes STS ever made. Upgrading again would mean the end of the game. We need actual new gear, not the same stuff we bought forever ago, modified in a 1 hour quest to last another 4 seasons.

Edit to add: Nobody left the game because they spent 15m on level 36 mythics and then sts released level 41 mythics. They were happy to get something new and better to work for. Hundreds of people left the game in season 4 because the upgraded mythics meant nothing to farm for and no way to make money without platting.

Why on earth would anyone be unhappy if sts released better gear? Farming for it for would give people something to do, a way to make money, and progress the game.

Amadorbibidor
10-13-2014, 02:25 PM
Considering you lol'd you already know that I'm going to disagree with upgrading. Upgrading to 36 was one of the biggest mistakes STS ever made. Upgrading again would mean the end of the game. We need actual new gear, not the same stuff we bought forever ago, modified in a 1 hour quest to last another 4 seasons.

Edit to add: Nobody left the game because they spent 15m on level 36 mythics and then sts released level 41 mythics. They were happy to get something new and better to work for. Hundreds of people left the game in season 4 because the upgraded mythics meant nothing to farm for and no way to make money without platting.

Why on earth would anyone be unhappy if sts released better gear? Farming for it for would give people something to do, a way to make money, and progress the game.

It all sounds lovely, you are not wrong, I'm not saying that, but, please, tell me something farmable to get 6 mil. Pls don't say lockeds, pls don't say merching, and pls don't say elite tarewa cus we both know that not everyone has got gear to do it. Only decent way would be merching but are we supposed to stay in towns begging for discounts? if yes pls just remove all maps.

Edit post: 6mil would be lowest for new myth gear. It could be 15 mil too.

Zeus
10-13-2014, 03:07 PM
It all sounds lovely, you are not wrong, I'm not saying that, but, please, tell me something farmable to get 6 mil. Pls don't say lockeds, pls don't say merching, and pls don't say elite tarewa cus we both know that not everyone has got gear to do it. Only decent way would be merching but are we supposed to stay in towns begging for discounts? if yes pls just remove all maps.

Edit post: 6mil would be lowest for new myth gear. It could be 15 mil too.

This is why I specifically suggested not one, but two new sets of gear. Both new sets have to be considerably better than the old mythics while the tier 2 set having less stats than the tier 1 stats.

Tier 2 would remain farmable, tier 1 could be fossil rarity farmable (slightly less) & able to be looted in lockeds.

Serancha
10-13-2014, 03:13 PM
This is why I specifically suggested not one, but two new sets of gear. Both new sets have to be considerably better than the old mythics while the tier 2 set having less stats than the tier 1 stats.

Tier 2 would remain farmable, tier 1 could be fossil rarity farmable (slightly less) & able to be looted in lockeds.

Fossil rarity farmable? As in, the nonexistant odds of one dropping? The top gear needs to be farmable. Otherwise why bother playing the game?

Zeus
10-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Fossil rarity farmable? As in, the nonexistant odds of one dropping? The top gear needs to be farmable. Otherwise why bother playing the game?

The top gear being easily obtainable also kills the game. There will be a need for an elite set & there will be a need for a tier 2 set. This keeps both types of players happy: the hardcore & the casual.

Remember, we need to pitch ideas that will also earn STG money. Otherwise, the incentive for them to include it is very low.

With my suggestion, we have:
- 2 new sets of gear
- both replace mythic set, with one being better than the other
- Tier 2 set will hold value because everyone needs to replace mythics
- Tier 1 will be the new gear set for the hardcore as mythics originally was.

Essentially, it's a reset to the mythic system which ended up being broken due to upgradable mythics.

Serancha
10-13-2014, 03:28 PM
There's a difference between easily obtainable and unrealistically insane. That's what this thread is about.

And I'd be happy with anything better than the current gear - but it has to be farmable (and not farmable in the sense that you complete 30 runs and get a single trash version of the item). Crates have enough exclusive stuff. Until they get a complete refresh, nobody's going to be opening them in any case.

Endkey
10-13-2014, 03:38 PM
I think its time for mythics to go home, and i dont know why we even have those sucky legendaries when clearly noone uses them. Why waste so much time and effort on things which are not going to be used by anyone?

Thrindal
10-13-2014, 03:43 PM

Yes fossil rarity farmables are not farmable in any practical way. They are so rare that all except the extremely lucky would go broke trying to farm it. Farmables have a calculable cost benefit based on value and drop rate/rarity.

I am holding out on farmable mythics until I see how the amulet is handled. This has to be a difficult farm but also reasonable and calculable. The fossil is neither.

octavos
10-13-2014, 04:02 PM
thats what this thread posted link below is all about.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?179353-We-need-better-quality

Better quality for effort given, as it stands..i'm just waiting for events...and maybe the new game thats in production to be released.

There's a difference between easily obtainable and unrealistically insane. That's what this thread is about.
yup agreed...i stopped farming long ago when everything was new..and mailsons were the talk of the town. FYI gave you ur 1,001 thank XD

Zeus
10-13-2014, 05:06 PM
Yes fossil rarity farmables are not farmable in any practical way. They are so rare that all except the extremely lucky would go broke trying to farm it. Farmables have a calculable cost benefit based on value and drop rate/rarity.

I am holding out on farmable mythics until I see how the amulet is handled. This has to be a difficult farm but also reasonable and calculable. The fossil is neither.

Thus why tier 2 gear will still remain viable & profitable for a long time to come. Tier 1 would just be a bonus to entice hardcore players.

It seems everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. This happened in PL and within a month or two, most players had the best gear and there was nothing else to work for. Dragon armors were extremely difficult to get but that did not stop them from eventually flooding the market. Heck, after the initial craze wears off...few want to actually farm it leaving a dead end income source for STG. Remember, this is a mobile game - very few players want to actually farm mindlessly hence the two tier gear set.

I too do not want to farm mindlessly for the top gear but it's a necessary evil to keep longevity of the game.

It would not change much. If one remembers, a full mythic set was only 25 damage over the highest legendary equipment. It could be overcome through skill as was within the margin of error.

Thus, this is why I think my proposed solution is manageable.

Serancha
10-13-2014, 07:35 PM
Farming entails a large part of the game. It's called PvE. Opening crates with cash isn't playing. It's sitting in a casino handing out money.

obee
10-13-2014, 07:57 PM
I don't think everything should be based on loot though. Something should just be based on hard work. Like there should be a super hard boss, and at the end you get a reward because you beat the boss. I think after every 20 planar runs you do you should get some small incentive or something

Zeus
10-13-2014, 09:34 PM
Farming entails a large part of the game. It's called PvE. Opening crates with cash isn't playing. It's sitting in a casino handing out money.

It does and there will be a large part of that game to work for. I agree that opening crates isn't playing but with the freemium system, it is necessary. I think the system that you are describing would work well in a monthly membership based game.

Serancha
10-13-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm just asking for the new legendary (in this case planar) gear to be better than the current mythics, and for the rates to be more than a couple of trash pinks in 30 completed runs.

Whatever else they do is for another discussion, really. The problem being addressed on this thread is extremely bad quality at obscenely low odds.

obee
10-13-2014, 09:40 PM
PvE isn't all farming. It's boring if that was true.

Zeus
10-13-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm just asking for the new legendary (in this case planar) gear to be better than the current mythics, and for the rates to be more than a couple of trash pinks in 30 completed runs.

Whatever else they do is for another discussion, really. The problem being addressed on this thread is extremely bad quality at obscenely low odds.

Yes, that I can agree with. They really do need to replace the mythic gear. I just hope what they do not do is release a new set of mythic gear and leave farmers stranded which is why I suggested the multiple set idea.

Paulnaj
10-14-2014, 06:32 AM
This post is completely true, even on elite maps, the drop rate now seems so low that it cant barely compensate your wasted time, pots, elixir and ankhs.

So what are we grinding for? Pvp all day?

Im a warrior, with bulwark on pve. Your calculation costs me 100% more. Not having good drops seens planar patch.

obee
10-14-2014, 06:54 AM
We need a comment from Sts right now, and see what they think...I haven't ran a single run, and I won't until we know what is going to happen.

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 08:41 AM

^^ This. We both agree with this. Then, if these days it's almost impossible to get a profit by "farming" why do you now ask for new myths? Only people who plays from 4 seasons before and has got 20 mil stashed can have them. Now that there are new farmeables you want new myths? I understand you, I would like to forget about the junky lvl 26 helm too, but we have to wait till economy rises if not there's gonna be a massive quit. Its like, now it's hard to get 100k per day, we spend all our gold in an armor that once upgraded is not treadable, and they make new armor of 15 mil that makes this one unuseful. What gonna happen? You decide.

Srry for coming late I only could connect now

Raselph
10-14-2014, 08:45 AM
make arcane armor and arcane helmet ^_^

Serancha
10-14-2014, 02:10 PM
^^ This. We both agree with this. Then, if these days it's almost impossible to get a profit by "farming" why do you now ask for new myths? Only people who plays from 4 seasons before and has got 20 mil stashed can have them. Now that there are new farmeables you want new myths? I understand you, I would like to forget about the junky lvl 26 helm too, but we have to wait till economy rises if not there's gonna be a massive quit. Its like, now it's hard to get 100k per day, we spend all our gold in an armor that once upgraded is not treadable, and they make new armor of 15 mil that makes this one unuseful. What gonna happen? You decide.

Srry for coming late I only could connect now

It's not me asking for new mythics. Read again.

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 02:20 PM
It's not me asking for new mythics. Read again.

Yes you do. Anyways....

I think zeus idea is cool. 2 armors both better than actual, but one farmeable, one plat purchaseable. Nice duh

Serancha
10-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Yes you do. Anyways....

I think zeus idea is cool. 2 armors both better than actual, but one farmeable, one plat purchaseable. Nice duh

The request is for farmable gear that is better than the old mythics. I wouldn't give a hoot if they were epic, as long as it's something better.

Magegrimm
10-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Not to be a bad person but IMO I think STS are not going to do anything about it... We have to ask several times so they can listen to us.. I agree with serancha, farming in arena=losing money

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 02:52 PM
Not to be a bad person but IMO I think STS are not going to do anything about it... We have to ask several times so they can listen to us.. I agree with serancha, farming in arena=losing money

Lol yes serancha is right about arena. I think they didnt thinked well before doing it cus now arena=bankrupt

Kristianch
10-16-2014, 03:25 PM

Totally agree, I used to play the game al the time when I had something to work towards, now I just jump in to do dailies, because i have nothing to do there.

Candylicks
10-16-2014, 05:15 PM
2x arena crates. Sts is a dream come true.

Serancha
10-16-2014, 05:36 PM
I think they must have missed this thread.....

octavos
10-16-2014, 05:53 PM
I think they must have missed this thread.....
lol

drgrimmy
10-16-2014, 05:57 PM
2x arena crates. Sts is a dream come true.

Unfortunately, 2×0=0. I personally won't be going back for the chance to get twice as much junk... I wish I could say otherwise :(

Xpolosion
10-16-2014, 05:59 PM
I think they dont give a flyin f to be honest. They never listen or answer

aarrgggggg
10-16-2014, 06:35 PM
we need new loot........
Its currently nothing more than a gold sink

Serancha
10-16-2014, 07:21 PM
we need new loot........
Its currently nothing more than a gold sink

A real gold sink would give something nice in return, like Sir Spendstoomuch. This is just a gold steal.

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 05:44 AM
Unfortunately, 2×0=0. I personally won't be going back for the chance to get twice as much junk... I wish I could say otherwise :(
The mythic amulet requires a crafting component from arena. We are all playing and saving them for now, so we don't have to run it again when the client comes. Half the work, right?

Serancha
10-17-2014, 07:31 AM
From the arena? I only heard elite maps. Is that info verified candy?

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 07:47 AM
From the arena? I only heard elite maps. Is that info verified candy?

Arena too. I will dig the thread up in a sec.

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 07:50 AM
Planar Tombs:
I also mentioned a new Planar Tombs adventure in last month’s Producer Letter. The intent of the Planar Tombs is to add additional end game elite content that is outside of events. This content will feature an awesome new Mythic Pendant and the quest to obtain it. The quest is rather lengthy and requires collecting items from Elite Tindirin, Planar Arena and Planar Tombs areas. To accommodate everything we have in work, the Planar Tombs content go live target has moved to November, following Halloween.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?179278-October-Producer-s-Letter

Yes words from Sam..

drgrimmy
10-17-2014, 08:12 AM
The mythic amulet requires a crafting component from arena. We are all playing and saving them for now, so we don't have to run it again when the client comes. Half the work, right?

Sure, but the crafting components are not dropping yet and the 2x drop rate is only for the weekend...

Now through Sunday when you finish 4 bosses in the Arena you will get 2X Arena Master Chests. Twice the loot, twice the fun!
Also, through Sunday, the Hauntlet is paying out 2X coins per run. Earn a nifty pet today!

So how does it help? Do you plan on hoarding the chests till then and hope that the crafting components will come in the chests and are not a direct drop from one of the bosses?

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Yes hoarding chests. It's a hopeful guess the component will be in there.

Serancha
10-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Usually things like that are straight boss drops, but anything is worth a shot.

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Usually things like that are straight boss drops, but anything is worth a shot.

Yeah. It's just a guess, and not like there is any rush to open them right?

Could be like the parchments too though, who knows. ..

Samhayne
10-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Planar Tombs:
I also mentioned a new Planar Tombs adventure in last month’s Producer Letter. The intent of the Planar Tombs is to add additional end game elite content that is outside of events. This content will feature an awesome new Mythic Pendant and the quest to obtain it. The quest is rather lengthy and requires collecting items from Elite Tindirin, Planar Arena and Planar Tombs areas. To accommodate everything we have in work, the Planar Tombs content go live target has moved to November, following Halloween.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?179278-October-Producer-s-Letter

Yes words from Sam..

The Planar Arena is what it is right now. It's kinda missing it's other half: the Planar Tombs end game elite content. Unfortunately, as Candylicks posted above, we needed to move that end game content out 'till after Halloween. We don't have any short term plans to adjust the Planar Arena.

Raregem
10-17-2014, 11:10 AM
The Planar Arena is what it is right now. It's kinda missing it's other half: the Planar Tombs end game elite content. Unfortunately, as Candylicks posted above, we needed to move that end game content out 'till after Halloween. We don't have any short term plans to adjust the Planar Arena.

It is what it is? That made my jaw drop.

I know y'all are probably getting frustrated behind the scenes at the amount of complaints recently but I think part of this post is to say that you guys did an amazing job on the arena itself. That all the time y'all spent putting it together shouldn't be wasted by the lack of good loot that it has. We want to play the arena, we want to make y'alls hard work worth it but most just can't afford it.

When the tombs come out is that going to change the loot that drops from the arena besides the new mythic component?

Serancha
10-17-2014, 11:32 AM

I'm sorry Sam, but did you read the thread, or just the end?

It doesn't matter if the tombs come now or in a year. The fact remains that the new planar loot that should be the best available, is 20-50 damage less than the gear we have worn for a year and a half. Not only that, it gives nothing at all in compensation. No health or notable armor bonus, which means the "best" planar items have 0 value.

With all due respect, may I ask the purpose of releasing content that is not worth playing?

Samhayne
10-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Hopefully people will feel it is worth playing after the Planar Tombs content is out and dovetails with it.

We're human too. We're not going to always hit the mark. You guys bring up some good concerns. I am letting you know that we don't have plans to devote time to changing it right now. We want an awesome winter event more. Also, we don't want to break the current itemization plan by simply buffing the Arena gear and then break the balance for Halloween and Winter gear. So, as I mentioned previously, it is what it is right now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 11:54 AM
That was a decent reply Sam and appreciated.

I'm willing to see how the itemization of event gear plays out and the mythic crafting components.

However, a famous Sam designed vanity for planar would be the icing on the cake! Don't fix the gear just add something we can make a little gold off here and there.

Raregem
10-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Hopefully people will feel it is worth playing after the Planar Tombs content is out and dovetails with it.

We're human too. We're not going to always hit the mark. You guys bring up some good concerns. I am letting you know that we don't have plans to devote time to changing it right now. We want an awesome winter event more. Also, we don't want to break the current itemization plan by simply buffing the Arena gear and then break the balance for Halloween and Winter gear. So, as I mentioned previously, it is what it is right now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

I think it's great that you guys are coming out with these really amazing events. The problem is that the events only last a couple of weeks so people are just logging in for them then leaving again. That doesn't help your player base in the end. The permanent pve content should also be a high priority. All I ask personally is that you guys reevaluate the arena once the tombs release, if it is still lacking then please focus on fixing it. People will run it for the mythic component but once they get it they will stop again if something is not done to change the loot.

The changes don't have to be with the gear really it just needs to be something that will hold a little value to make up for the cost of running it.

Samhayne
10-17-2014, 12:01 PM
... is that you guys reevaluate the arena once the tombs release, if it is still lacking then please focus on fixing it.

Yup, agreed.

eelectriccure
10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
This!

That was a decent reply Sam and appreciated.

I'm willing to see how the itemization of event gear plays out and the mythic crafting components.

However, a famous Sam designed vanity for planar would be the icing on the cake! Don't fix the gear just add something we can make a little gold off here and there.

Serancha
10-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Appreciate the response, Sam. Thanks.

Blissfulgod
10-17-2014, 04:26 PM
I have a suggestion: Perhaps allowing the arena gear to have unique procurements or even permanent buffs would be the answer. The "itemization plan" won't have to be corrupted. The base stats need not be the only aspect of an armor set. Please don't misunderstand me; I do not wish for an elaborate animation and crazy stat boosts. What I propose is something minor that makes an armor set unique. For Example, the arcane patch from lurid and umbral bows makes them very useful despite the fact that they have lower stats than devourer. Then again, those are weapons, not armor. Immunity from an enemy weapon procurement would be a more appropriate armor set bonus. Weighing that against the higher base stats of other (newer) armor would add to the diversity of builds and strategy.

Someone can take this suggestion and run with it in a new thread. Maybe I will once the idea has marinated a bit.

Xorrior
10-17-2014, 04:41 PM
From Sams reply, I'm guessing that Halloween gear and winter gear will be better than planar zzzzz gear. That's why they don't want to buff it, it may then conflict with the stats of the upcoming gears. Looks like planar gear is just there to fill a temporary gap.

Qamr
11-21-2014, 11:30 PM
Calculated average

Request

Thank you.
If they make the game profitable you won't buy plat

Sceazikua
11-22-2014, 10:22 AM
People will buy plat evenactually if it is profitable :) As you say, if planar arena is profitable people will continue buying ankhs from other players who buy plat to buy those ankhs kits and sell. If noone buys plat to buy ankhs, ankh kits will be in higher demand, thus increasing the price, and people will buy plat for ankhs anyways.

I think the reason why arena is not fun is because
-arena master chests arent trade-able
-the chest only drops 2 items, considering all other chests in normal and elite maps drop 3
-the items drop in the arena master chests suck, sad reality
-fossil's price is not as high as arcane shard/ring

Wo it makes sense why we dont want to go to a harder place than elite tindirin, where you have to use ankhs to revive because once died cant join the fight anymore, where have worse loot and worse chance to loot too. At least in elite tindirin you can still find magma gears and elite golden dragonscale chests to sell for the profit, while not neccessary to use any ankhs.

Even now with a chance to get mythic pendant recipe from arena, it is still not a promising place to go with that miserable arcane drop rate -,-

Serancha
11-22-2014, 11:37 AM
If they make the game profitable you won't buy plat

That's ridiculous. If they make gear worth farming for, I buy twice as much plat. Ankhs are ridiculously expensive to buy with gold, combo elixirs allow for luck stacking, and I am also a very strong believer of supporting development of a quality product.

The more people who want to run. the bigger the demand for ankhs and elixirs there are, and without plat farming, those who can afford to buy plat have a great plat to gold conversion ratio. It's a win/win situation.

obee
11-22-2014, 01:33 PM
I do free deals. Buy ankh kits, sell them or keep them. Fyber is amazing.

Kingumar
11-29-2014, 04:10 AM
hey Samhayne my fyber is not working when i open other shows loading offer butter i didntt show anything. I haven't done any offers yet and want to some what should i do

Sent from my SHV-E160S using Tapatalk 2

Kingofninjas
12-02-2014, 08:20 PM
After 200+ completed arena runs, I am done with the arena.

When STS said Fossils will drop here, I thought it was great. Sure it is tough, but at least you could legitimately work your way into a high value arcane item.

But now, with Fossils non-existent out of literally thousands of opened arena chests (from a bunch of players I know that have opened as many as I have), plus the fact that Vials are equally non-existent, STS couldn't have trolled us elite farmers any worse with the possibility of Nekro. I mean, what avid elite runner doesn't have the Nekro recipe?

So, other than deaths, what does the arena give you with any regularity? Epic trash and lots and lots of Shade, Noble and Architect gear. The worst trolling is this same junk Legendary popping out of arena chests.

Well done, the Arena looks great, but I won't be going back in...

I don't have the necro recipe. Once I realized that (a) Necro was utter garbage and (b) Fossil was a huge troll, I decided it woud be more profitable to melt the parchemnts for 5k each.

Sabiee
12-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Thank you.

Agreedddd ,nothing more to add ..