PDA

View Full Version : Devs, More than enough, ban higher lvl sets in endgame PvP.

Waug
10-11-2014, 12:56 AM
There was a huge no of threads complaining against savage set in past (in endgame PvP) as expected new lustrous strength set bring that to a deeper level, I meant it worse.

Without going into deeper mechanism (that I used to do in past) endgame PvP is defenately ruled by str sets nothing comes close to it, its just pointless PvP. By making a video I can easily show that how str years players in endgame PvP can 2hit kill non-str players whearas the non star players have to go through the whole combo, and still str players can survive that easily, this is just pointless PvP.

I also know that Devs are in no mood to work on pl and it's PvP but easiest solution is to BAN HIGHER LEVEL SETS IN PVP that mean players will not be able to wear higher level sets in PvP.

They will have to wear upto l66 sets ( or maybe lower as other player agree upon it)

I know it won't solve every endgame pvp , but still it will fix this rediculous endgame PvP.

Support this thread please wise forumers......

synfullmagic_23110
10-11-2014, 01:10 AM
There was a huge no of threads complaining against savage set in past (in endgame PvP) as expected new lustrous strength set bring that to a deeper level, I meant it worse.

Without going into deeper mechanism (that I used to do in past) endgame PvP is defenately ruled by str sets nothing comes close to it, its just pointless PvP. By making a video I can easily show that how str years players in endgame PvP can 2hit kill non-str players whearas the non star players have to go through the whole combo, and still str players can survive that easily, this is just pointless PvP.

I also know that Devs are in no mood to work on pl and it's PvP but easiest solution is to BAN HIGHER LEVEL SETS IN PVP that mean players will not be able to wear higher level sets in PvP.

They will have to wear upto l66 sets ( or maybe lower as other player agree upon it)

I know it won't solve every endgame pvp , but still it will fix this rediculous endgame PvP.

Support this thread please wise forumers......

When I rush in my Mage and fight savage pallies I find them more nukey than the new set

Waug
10-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Overall lustrous str set is better than savage but above that str sets are op

Ssneakykills
10-11-2014, 03:16 AM
This is why I have quit endgame pvp it's not fun playing ctf against 3 str players in a team

Impact
10-11-2014, 08:33 AM
If they ban sets though people will cry and create threads and devs will unban etc

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Skillless
10-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Banned sets = less demand = dropping prices = less farming = less thrasher = less plat sales = less revenue = less reason to keep pl alive

iRandom
10-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Overall lustrous str set is better than savage but above that str sets are op

But burdies beat str sets :grumpy:

Waug
10-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Banned sets = less demand = dropping prices = less farming = less thrasher = less plat sales = less revenue = less reason to keep pl alive

only in PvP

Itoopeo
10-11-2014, 10:58 AM
Bears with new sets 3 hit kill me sometimes. Its 200+150+250 crits. On top of that, If i happen to have luck with dodges, I must go trought my full maximum damage combo (root root break scream blast repulse) all crit, and the bear is down to 35-40%

Endgame armor reduction is going beyond ridiculous. Seriously my damage is 300, and my damage to buffed bear is 19 per hit. 300->19 Seriously? DPS is pointless in this case. No matter if you have 500 or 700 dps, str sets have enough regen to keep them full health because dps weapons have relatively low damage.
Buffed dodge is propably like 80 or 85 on bears so first yo have 15% change to hit them, and after that your damage is reduced by 97%.
Bear has 350 buffed damage and hellscream does -90dmg to target. Seriously. Try to fight a tank that does massive damage, and debuffs your damage and hit% to negative amounts so you have like no change.

iRandom
10-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Don't ban sets, nerf bears or unnerf birds bc part of the reason why birds have trouble killing bears is bc of the nerf

Waug
10-11-2014, 11:28 AM
^ there were significant problem even b4 nerf, it would be lowest work best possible solution.... but it would be better to un-nerf than implement banning sets.

when let's say l66-77 ppls only get to fight with l66 sets. (or maybe lower)

iRandom
10-11-2014, 11:33 AM
^ there were significant problem even b4 nerf, it would be lowest work best possible solution.... but it would be better to un-nerf than implement banning sets.

when let's say l66-77 ppls only get to fight with l66 sets. (or maybe lower)
SHHHH there was no problem b4 the nerf.
i mean, seriously, birds should have been improved not nerfed.
nothing wrong with +60 hit crit and doge buffs

anahadaz
10-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Why can't they just nerf the bear's skills across the board, all levels, and then just take dodge off of the str sets so we don't let pallies away with it, or make str have more of an impact on skills, so pallies nuke less? Or keep the dodge but nerf the damage a lot, so the str sets are tank only. Or you could all come down to 56 where the only thing needed fixing are the maces, although IMO mages also have a bit of an advantage over birds.

iRandom
10-11-2014, 12:34 PM
Why can't they just nerf the bear's skills across the board, all levels, and then just take dodge off of the str sets so we don't let pallies away with it, or make str have more of an impact on skills, so pallies nuke less? Or keep the dodge but nerf the damage a lot, so the str sets are tank only. Or you could all come down to 56 where the only thing needed fixing are the maces, although IMO mages also have a bit of an advantage over birds.
First of all,IMO str sets at 1 - 66 dont need to be nerfed
especially 56 str sets
Birds can ezily nuke a bear at 12m and mages could do the same at 8m
Even with beckon, birds can repulse, and mages could fire ice ms

Just unnerf birds and all the problems and complaints will go away!

anahadaz
10-11-2014, 12:55 PM
First of all,IMO str sets at 1 - 66 dont need to be nerfed
especially 56 str sets
Birds can ezily nuke a bear at 12m and mages could do the same at 8m
Even with beckon, birds can repulse, and mages could fire ice ms

Just unnerf birds and all the problems and complaints will go away!

Sorry when I said take dodge off the str sets I meant endgame, if they nerfed bears skills. I don't know if you 56 pvp much, but either those maces or dodge must be nerfed, it is easier said than done to repulse the bears beckon since there is a lot of dodge, same goes with fire ice. 56 is by far the closest level to balanced pvp we have, all we need is that mace to be nerfed, and maybe even have a look at making birds a little better, but other than that it is a very fun level!:)

Crys
10-11-2014, 01:20 PM
And no one thinks of the pure int mages?

Itoopeo
10-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Bird nerf made all birds below L40 basically useless in PvP. No dodge, no crit, no hit.

It also killed L71 molten set PvP totally. Before swift birds were able to throw blast shots at 500+dmg to pure dex molten ballista bird. Ballista also dealt 400+ crit blast shots to swift birds. And with molten I actually dodged something.

But birds should not fully be unnerfed. I used to run around with 71 pink fbow and molten set and pure dex bird, killing savage bears relatively easy.
I tried same setup after the great nerf and noticed that I didnt dodge anything and died instantly. Also, 110 crit was reduced to 75 and hit% too. Damage with fbow molten set used to be 375-405 and now it was like 290-330.

Everyone complains how underpowered mages are. Seriously, take a deep look at L45 ballista-halloween mage. 250 crits to melee bears and first nuke chunks off 90% of 690 health. Seriously? Support nuking tank class there. Wake up people!
45 Rhino does like no damage at all and fox is good but rarely played because it requires good ping and a touchscreen device.

L45 mage does almost twice as much damage as L45 bird does. And bear does litle bit less than bird.
I play L45 bear because its not OP so makes pvp a challenge. Also I dont like mages skills in general and bird relys annoyingly on dodge and they have terrible sustain so not that either. But im getting a 45 fox soon which is nice.

Seriously people, Fox is the only class that is not OP or underpowered at any level from 25-77. But I think their rabid bite should not have knockback and dodge buff should be unnerfed. Fox is equally as good against every class, It does decent damage, has decent debuffs, buffs, and has decent survivability.
Some say, that endgame fox is underpowered, but really, it is hardest class to master in game so just learn which combos and tactics to use.

Back to my ideas:
Nerf savage, take off 50 damage and 30 dodge, add 50 armor.
Nerf fiery, take off 25 armor, add a mana boost of +150
Dex sets: Add 25-30 damage to all sets or weapons L66+

Mage: Nerf damage buff, take off 15 crit
Bird: Buff Focus, back to original, add 20 armor to dodge buff, double the debuff of break armor
Bear: Make HS snare shorter, because perma stun is not fun at all. Nerf damage reduction of HS and add it to CB
Fox: Boost to damage buff and return dodge buff to original
Rhino: Buff damage buff by +20dmg and make taunt more annoying by doubling the rate of hits it gives.

Make Mage and Bear have their damage buff skills at level 22

anahadaz
10-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Nerf fiery, take off 25 armor and 30 crit, add a mana boost of +150

Bird: Buff Focus, back to original, add 20 armor to dodge buff, double the debuff of break armor

Sorry, are you trying to ruin fiery mages more than they already are? They do ok, but it looks to me like you want it to be far from useless, in a way that i would rather fight naked than use the fiery set you want it to be. Birds already do good against fiery mages, are you literally trying to make birds reign supreme? I agree with the nerf for bears and savage, but then your ideas for birds are ridiculous, they would be even more op than bears are right now!

Trenton
10-11-2014, 01:56 PM
Bird nerf made all birds below L40 basically useless in PvP. No dodge, no crit, no hit.

It also killed L71 molten set PvP totally. Before swift birds were able to throw blast shots at 500+dmg to pure dex molten ballista bird. Ballista also dealt 400+ crit blast shots to swift birds. And with molten I actually dodged something.

But birds should not fully be unnerfed. I used to run around with 71 pink fbow and molten set and pure dex bird, killing savage bears relatively easy.
I tried same setup after the great nerf and noticed that I didnt dodge anything and died instantly. Also, 110 crit was reduced to 75 and hit% too. Damage with fbow molten set used to be 375-405 and now it was like 290-330.

Everyone complains how underpowered mages are. Seriously, take a deep look at L45 ballista-halloween mage. 250 crits to melee bears and first nuke chunks off 90% of 690 health. Seriously? Support nuking tank class there. Wake up people!
45 Rhino does like no damage at all and fox is good but rarely played because it requires good ping and a touchscreen device.

L45 mage does almost twice as much damage as L45 bird does. And bear does litle bit less than bird.
I play L45 bear because its not OP so makes pvp a challenge. Also I dont like mages skills in general and bird relys annoyingly on dodge and they have terrible sustain so not that either. But im getting a 45 fox soon which is nice.

Seriously people, Fox is the only class that is not OP or underpowered at any level from 25-77. But I think their rabid bite should not have knockback and dodge buff should be unnerfed. Fox is equally as good against every class, It does decent damage, has decent debuffs, buffs, and has decent survivability.
Some say, that endgame fox is underpowered, but really, it is hardest class to master in game so just learn which combos and tactics to use.

Back to my ideas:
Nerf fiery, take off 25 armor and 30 crit, add a mana boost of +150

Bear: Make HS snare shorter, because perma stun is not fun at all. Nerf damage reduction of HS and add it to CB
Rhino: Buff damage buff by +20dmg and make taunt more annoying by doubling the rate of hits it gives.

It seems to me that you just don't know how to fight, fiery mages are overly easy, the set honestly needs buffed. Also Savage and Lust Str needs nerfed down to barely better than crusher set. Birds also need buffed, not the sets. If birds are buffed, then bears won't be such a problem, and if mages are buffed, then it'll be how it should be (Bird>Bear>Mage>Bird) but for now, PvP is just screwed by the op bears and pallies.

Itoopeo
10-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Sorry, are you trying to ruin fiery mages more than they already are? They do ok, but it looks to me like you want it to be far from useless, in a way that i would rather fight naked than use the fiery set you want it to be. Birds already do good against fiery mages, are you literally trying to make birds reign supreme? I agree with the nerf for bears and savage, but then your ideas for birds are ridiculous, they would be even more op than bears are right now!

I did not give birds back their dodge so they will die almost as fast as now.
For mages, I added mana to sets so using MS is worth it. I also took off crit from buff, because its just OP at lower levels. Just ridiculously strong buff.

Actually, fiery can keep its crit. One sec, editing it

Rescind
10-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Itoopeo it seems that you want the birds to be op again. 45 Mage and endgame Mage is totally different.

Itoopeo
10-11-2014, 02:05 PM
It seems to me that you just don't know how to fight, fiery mages are overly easy, the set honestly needs buffed. Also Savage and Lust Str needs nerfed down to barely better than crusher set. Birds also need buffed, not the sets. If birds are buffed, then bears won't be such a problem, and if mages are buffed, then it'll be how it should be (Bird>Bear>Mage>Bird) but for now, PvP is just screwed by the op bears and pallies.

I see a new trend: So many new dex bow bears. Skill damage is little bit higher, but autoattacks deal 350crit dmg each. They are very glass cannony so it works like dex fox. Get in and kill before your opponent reacts lol. Kinda bad in 1v1 if kited but very good in rushing situations and FFA because deals just so much damage in a very short time.

Trenton
10-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I see a new trend: So many new dex bow bears. Skill damage is little bit higher, but autoattacks deal 350crit dmg each. They are very glass cannony so it works like dex fox. Get in and kill before your opponent reacts lol. Kinda bad in 1v1 if kited but very good in rushing situations and FFA because deals just so much damage in a very short time.
Yes but if the bear buffs are nerfed like EVERYONE has been saying, then Dex bears wouldn't be the problem.

Ruby!!!
10-11-2014, 02:32 PM

Sounds to me like you want to nerf the whole class just cause you have a problems with one specific level and gear setup in pvp. Imo sucks already that BoM isn't what it used to be. Though I don't care who has problems beating who

Itoopeo
10-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Yes but if the bear buffs are nerfed like EVERYONE has been saying, then Dex bears wouldn't be the problem.

They are not a problem because they have so low survivability and burst after beckon stomp is almost none, only autoattacks

XghostzX
10-11-2014, 03:41 PM
I think STR is OP, always. The fact that STS failed to balance it is just pathetic. Literally one of three things the community asked for, and instead we get this stupid 300k 77 cap. There's nothing elite about that.

It doesn't even matter anymore. I only endgame because I still see my INT mage as a viable team player. I never expect kills - I'm always focused on support (but I'll end up getting more kills than I initially think). But at this point my gameplay is so used to this unfair disadvantage, that I've adjusted.

I would not have a problem with STR being OP if only people's ego weren't so **** high. That's honestly the only reason while I'll always be pissed at STS - for not controlling the attitude portrayed in end game, simply due to a lack of stats here and there.

iRandom
10-11-2014, 04:45 PM

Back to my ideas:
Nerf fiery, take off 25 armor, add a mana boost of +150

UMMMM....no.

iRandom
10-11-2014, 04:51 PM
I think pvp should stay how it is.
To compare each class is like comparing an apple and an orange.
Which one is better? It's completely preference.
At least pvp isn't like one class having an extreme amount of dodge crit hit health damage and armor. That class would be nerfed.
Mages have crit and ms. Bears have armor and some doge. Birds have some dodge, crit, and hit. Foxes have Dodge and Crit. Rhinos could have better skills, however.

Itoopeo
10-11-2014, 05:41 PM
At least pvp isn't like one class having an extreme amount of dodge crit hit health damage and armor. That class would be nerfed.
Mages have crit and ms. Bears have armor and some doge. Birds have some dodge, crit, and hit. Foxes have Dodge and Crit. Rhinos could have better skills, however.

No it doesnt work like that. Birds should counter bears and mages should counter birds. Now mages lose to birds and bears kill both classes easily. In lower levels, bears kill birds and mages deal 3x more damage than birds, and have heal and armor buff and mana shield and everything

Rescind
10-11-2014, 05:42 PM

Bears have "some" dodge? Bears have like 80+ buffed. That's not just "some" dodge, it's too much dodge.
I'm sure bears can survive fine with str arm and 60ish dodge in pve.

iRandom
10-11-2014, 05:45 PM
No it doesnt work like that. Birds should counter bears and mages should counter birds. Now mages lose to birds and bears kill both classes easily. In lower levels, bears kill birds and mages deal 3x more damage than birds, and have heal and armor buff and mana shield and everything
Since i don't have an str bear i can't say much but i can say that my mage and bird can kill a bear.

iRandom
10-11-2014, 05:47 PM
Bears have "some" dodge? Bears have like 80+ buffed. That's not just "some" dodge, it's too much dodge.
I'm sure bears can survive fine with str arm and 60ish dodge in pve.
FINE!
Bears have more dodge than birds.

iRandom
10-11-2014, 05:48 PM
If u still want bears to be nerfed, than just unnerf birds and improve rhinos.
No need to nerf bears lel.

Waug
10-12-2014, 01:11 AM
Opness is all about perspective, one class with particular gear maybe op for some specific classes but may not op for something else not only that, sometime 2hit kill make a class op, if somehow he can't do 2hit kill, it maybe even underpowered.

Considering all of this including how hard it is for devs for doing these reabalace trying attempt, I wanna say this - devs should ban higher lvl sets in PvP, at least this gonna fix a lot. It's not really possible for devs to balance all of this that kept getting arrived as new caps a arrived aka new sets.

And crystal I thought about int mages, int mages doesnt fall under non-str?

dudetus
10-12-2014, 02:51 AM
Banning equipment in pvp is not the solution. People spend hours lvled up to 77 and spend several millions to get the best equipment. Hard work in games should indeed result in slight advantage, there's nothing wrong with the system itself.

The problem is str set's ridiculous power at endgame. Str set has no disadvantages, it has highest armor, high damage and crit + dodge. Str set should be the tanking set meaning high survivability at the cost of damage. Crit and damage should be lowered significantly for the 1h set to be the proper tanking set as it should be. I'd like to see 2h str set to get a dmg boost so it would be the proper dps bear's go to gear. STG rly needs to make gear class specific to counter the pallies, mages are supposed to be the dps and support class, not overall Godmode and eliminating the ability to equip other than own designated gear makes all classes viable, bears for tanking/dps, mages dps/support and birds dps.

bearuang
10-12-2014, 02:57 AM
Banning equipment in pvp is not the solution. People spend hours lvled up to 77 and spend several millions to get the best equipment. Hard work in games should indeed result in slight advantage, there's nothing wrong with the system itself.

The problem is str set's ridiculous power at endgame. Str set has no disadvantages, it has highest armor, high damage and crit + dodge. Str set should be the tanking set meaning high survivability at the cost of damage. Crit and damage should be lowered significantly for the 1h set to be the proper tanking set as it should be. I'd like to see 2h str set to get a dmg boost so it would be the proper dps bear's go to gear. STG rly needs to make gear class specific to counter the pallies, mages are supposed to be the dps and support class, not overall Godmode and eliminating the ability to equip other than own designated gear makes all classes viable, bears for tanking/dps, mages dps/support and birds dps.
Very true, especially for mage

Rescind
10-12-2014, 04:39 AM
I don't think gear should be class specific. It destroys the variety of weapons you can use. Also that would mean that each class would need to stick to the same weapons types like for bird would be talon+wing, xbow, and bow. Although pvp at lower lvls isn't like endgame, it feels nice killing people with my warbird.

anahadaz
10-12-2014, 05:16 AM
If u still want bears to be nerfed, than just unnerf birds and improve rhinos.
No need to nerf bears lel.

But what about the poor int mages?

anahadaz
10-12-2014, 05:23 AM
I think that increasing the effect of int on mages' skill damage significantly would solve the pally problem, and would help when vsing bears. Then, you un-nerf birds so that they aren't getting a hard time. They would do well vs bears and vs mages since they have increased buff effects to counter the extra damage from the int mages.

Itoopeo
10-12-2014, 05:45 AM

damage boost for 2H set? Propably you mean skill damage boost because buffed damage with that set is already like 550 which is just crazy. I have noticed that many 2H swords give less skill damage than their 1H partner

Itoopeo
10-12-2014, 05:52 AM
I don't think gear should be class specific. It destroys the variety of weapons you can use. Also that would mean that each class would need to stick to the same weapons types like for bird would be talon+wing, xbow, and bow. Although pvp at lower lvls isn't like endgame, it feels nice killing people with my warbird.

I think he means that gears should have stat boost when its equipped by a class that its made for. (In case of fox, it would be boosts from both dex and str)

Taking off the ability to use any gear in game, would make the game worse. This is the thing you cant do in many MMORPG games. Equip any gear you get. Thats one thing why we like PL so much.

Waug
10-12-2014, 08:05 AM

Class specific gear is not the solution of unbalanced PvP, then ppls would either changed to op class who can equip op gears and who cant, would complain more cause at least they had a chance with op gear.

Also PvP is the main reason that pvpers play not for hardcore pve or other things they did to achieve at last PvP matters.

At this moment fixing things to balance PvP is like making another small expention that either devs don't wanna do nor they will be successful to do.

Hence I propose to make higher level sets unequipable only in PvP. Higher lvl sets will be still viable for pve community that's bigger community base than PvP.

dudetus
10-12-2014, 09:53 AM
Class specific gear is not the solution of unbalanced PvP, then ppls would either changed to op class who can equip op gears and who cant, would complain more cause at least they had a chance with op gear.

Also PvP is the main reason that pvpers play not for hardcore pve or other things they did to achieve at last PvP matters.

At this moment fixing things to balance PvP is like making another small expention that either devs don't wanna do nor they will be successful to do.

Hence I propose to make higher level sets unequipable only in PvP. Higher lvl sets will be still viable for pve community that's bigger community base than PvP.

PvPers are the first ones to cap and farm gear because the advantage can be seen clearly in PvP. PvPers are the fastest and most ambitious farmers of new lvls and gear because of it. Once again, punishing PvPers for their hard work to farm lvls and gear is just plain stupid.

Making gear class specific would make character roles viable and ease market values for every set. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, hybrid builds in mmos are garbage advantage seeking ways to play mmos anyways.

XghostzX
10-12-2014, 10:13 AM
lol figures STS deleted my post. I'm sorry that's how I honestly feel.

BeatriceBentleyPL
10-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Selling Swift helm

Ruby!!!
10-12-2014, 10:15 AM
PvPers are the first ones to cap and farm gear because the advantage can be seen clearly in PvP. PvPers are the fastest and most ambitious farmers of new lvls and gear because of it. Once again, punishing PvPers for their hard work to farm lvls and gear is just plain stupid.

Making gear class specific would make character roles viable and ease market values for every set. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, hybrid builds in mmos are garbage advantage seeking ways to play mmos anyways.
But I like the look of ride pallies so your solution can't work. :p
No actually I think class specific hear would make balancing way easier but I also like the chaos in PL to use all gear you want to...

Waug
10-12-2014, 10:32 AM
Everyone seeks advantage, pvp-ers do it strongly ofc, no offense, that does not means some specific ppls should get advantage. It sounds like some higher lvl pvpers should be able to join any lower join, alibi will be - we have earned it, and we did hard work for it and we lvled up, that will be more foolish.

I just want to say that well balanced PvP is above all.

I did not say class specific gear is bad, I said class specific gear IS NOT THE SOLUTION. I'll give an example here that I tried to say in my last post - int mages are significantly underpowered than bears but in endgame we see pretty good no of mages in pally form. now if they can't equip str gear and still wanna play as mage (means int mage) guess what PvP will seem like more unbalanced as nearly 50% more player will start to complain, and that will be still justified. hence PvP balance comes first, in any point if devs find it difficult to balance things just due hybrid class than it would be a factor not now.

Itoopeo
10-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Selling Swift helm

You should put this in the traders market discussion or topic or whatever it is

iRandom
10-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Everyone seeks advantage, pvp-ers do it strongly ofc, no offense, that does not means some specific ppls should get advantage. It sounds like some higher lvl pvpers should be able to join any lower join, alibi will be - we have earned it, and we did hard work for it and we lvled up, that will be more foolish.

I did not say class specific gear is bad, I said class specific gear IS NOT THE SOLUTION. I'll give an example here that I tried to say in my last post - int mages are significantly underpowered than bears but in endgame we see pretty good no of mages in pally form. now if they can't equip str gear and still wanna play as mage (means int mage) guess what PvP will seem like more unbalanced as nearly 50% more player will start to complain, and that will be still justified. hence PvP balance comes first, in any point if devs find it difficult to balance things just due hybrid class than it would be a factor not now.
1. STR GEAR isn't OP. Pallies still have a hard time vs. GOOD int mages
2. We are talking more about str bears. STR GEAR gives them exceptional dodge,armor,h/s,and even damage all the while their buffs already boost said stats.
3. Bears get + damage,crit,dodge,and even armor from their buffs. in addtion they have debuffs that lower opponents damage,dodge,and hit all the while stunning said opponent.
4. Bear fights are lameeeeee.
ty!

Waug
10-12-2014, 09:32 PM
2. We are talking more about str bears. STR GEAR gives them exceptional dodge,armor,h/s,and even damage all the while their buffs already boost said stats.
3. Bears get + damage,crit,dodge,and even armor from their buffs. in addtion they have debuffs that lower opponents damage,dodge,and hit all the while stunning said opponent.
ty!

Please read carefully my post u quoted, infect please try to get what tried to say in this whole thread. I don't wanna explain things again and again.

Although I'll give just one example - I said str gear makes mages op, once in this thread I mentioned opness is all about perspective

A str mage has good chance against anything bird, bear, int mages, fox, rhino, now answer me a int mage has good chance against?
And not atall this is absolutely not ONLY about str bears.
There are lots of things that made endgame PvP unbalanced that's actually difficult for devs to address, hence my proposal.

Booked
10-12-2014, 09:37 PM
Please read carefully my post u quoted, infect please try to get what tried to say in this whole thread. I don't wanna explain things again and again.

Although I'll give just one example - I said str gear makes mages op, once in this thread I mentioned opness is all about perspective

A str mage has good chance against anything bird, bear, int mages, fox, rhino, now answer me a int mage has good chance against?
And not atall this is absolutely not ONLY about str bears.
There are lots of things that made endgame PvP unbalanced that's actually difficult for devs to address, hence my proposal.
Waug i'm starting to like you lol, and dont even bother to explain that nub, he just want to look pro but he really doesnt know what is he talking about.

Electrophiles
10-12-2014, 09:48 PM
u cant just nerf a class and expect that for all across the lvls (except for maybe bear)

Bear is op throughout the whole game...level 45 pvp is quite balanced although 45 ballista mage is a bit overpowered vs pure dex birds
LETS ASSUME PURE SPEC!
level 50 and up bears are pretty much most op class
level 30-66 mages are pretty op...71 and up mages are underpowered (again,t his is int and not str! so no savage pally)
level 1-45 birds are way underpowered...definitely boost
level 71-77 birds are way overpowered vs int mages...

overall nerf bear throughout 56-77 in terms of dodge
boost bird from 1-45...nerf bird a little bit (since bear will be nerfed) from 71-77
nerf mage buffs from 30-66...remove dodge on humania int gear!...slight increase in mana for 71-77 sets...keep stuff same as when bear and bird are nerfed, mage should be on par

increase rhino damage, increase fox hp a bit.
overall rhino and fox sucks and are poopy heads tho and no one reallly plays them as much as the main 3...k gg

Rescind
10-13-2014, 03:38 AM
u cant just nerf a class and expect that for all across the lvls (except for maybe bear)

Bear is op throughout the whole game...level 45 pvp is quite balanced although 45 ballista mage is a bit overpowered vs pure dex birds
LETS ASSUME PURE SPEC!
level 50 and up bears are pretty much most op class
level 30-66 mages are pretty op...71 and up mages are underpowered (again,t his is int and not str! so no savage pally)
level 1-45 birds are way underpowered...definitely boost
level 71-77 birds are way overpowered vs int mages...

overall nerf bear throughout 56-77 in terms of dodge
boost bird from 1-45...nerf bird a little bit (since bear will be nerfed) from 71-77
nerf mage buffs from 30-66...remove dodge on humania int gear!...slight increase in mana for 71-77 sets...keep stuff same as when bear and bird are nerfed, mage should be on par

increase rhino damage, increase fox hp a bit.
overall rhino and fox sucks and are poopy heads tho and no one reallly plays them as much as the main 3...k gg

Imo bears still dominate at 30. Bears at 30 use 6 cb so they take away more damage than the buffs(even rage). Although you see a lot of mages, bears are better in terms of 1v1 and ffas. At 40s all I see are plat pack bears. You see some plat pack mages too.

dudetus
10-13-2014, 05:23 AM

What's the reason to cap and get best gear if it doesn't reward you? in mmos hard work should always give u advantage.

I didn't say my solution is the only choice. Best thing for pvp would be a new stat which gives extra damage and armor in PvP and adding like lvl 75 PvP gear which can be purchased from a pvp vendor for like 1 mil for the whole set. That way pvp gear has better stats in pvp while regular gear has better stats in pve.

ty!

1 handed + shield str set should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be the go to set for str classes dps in a traditional mmo which PL is. Your whole argument is invalid.

Waug
10-13-2014, 06:25 AM
What's the reason to cap and get best gear if it doesn't reward you? in mmos hard work should always give u advantage.

whoa, then y should bother about PvP balance, always one ultimate answer is ready make a op class and farm the op set, and ur done, no need for any balance.

Reward for hardcore players should be in other form, not make em overpowered in PvP that opponents can't get by doing that much hard work, this would be biased, and such biased MMO developers can be successful.

dudetus
10-13-2014, 09:24 AM
whoa, then y should bother about PvP balance, always one ultimate answer is ready make a op class and farm the op set, and ur done, no need for any balance.

Reward for hardcore players should be in other form, not make em overpowered in PvP that opponents can't get by doing that much hard work, this would be biased, and such biased MMO developers can be successful.

Congrats, u just learned the "hidden" secret of mmos. There's always a new "OP" class at end game which forces players to get that new class into endgame if they want the fotm (flavor of the month) class to use in pvp. This is widely used in mmos ever since Blizzard realized it's better to keep some classes rather OP so players will lvl up and farm the best gear for them rather than balancing everything so ppl would just stick with the one and same class. It's just good business.

And as harsh as it might sound mmos are developed in a way that hard work gets u advantages. It was and is the same with elite rings and lvl 77 sets. It encourages people to cap and farm in which they usually spend money and once again, just good business.

Waug
10-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Congrats, u just learned the "hidden" secret of mmos. There's always a new "OP" class at end game which forces players to get that new class into endgame if they want the fotm (flavor of the month) class to use in pvp. This is widely used in mmos ever since Blizzard realized it's better to keep some classes rather OP so players will lvl up and farm the best gear for them rather than balancing everything so ppl would just stick with the one and same class. It's just good business.

And as harsh as it might sound mmos are developed in a way that hard work gets u advantages. It was and is the same with elite rings and lvl 77 sets. It encourages people to cap and farm in which they usually spend money and once again, just good business.

so basically in your opinion, now don't say - it's ONLY good business's perspective cause u kept saying, don't make me quote that, OP gears are there for good reasons and devs should not eliminate that any means. Gratz ur one of those who don't want balanced PvP. so there's no point of argue at the very first place.

Now PROPER balance of classes is not possible (I MEANT EXACT BALANCE), thus you just rotate a bit the point of view, you'll know that leaving specific class op, can also be non intentional, cause there were no other ways. you don't need to get to world of Warcraft, we also know in pl experience, ppls left the game for this unbalanced PvP, they didn't got stuck into op thingy-ish. Devs also know they tried also they understand better business not in PvP rather pve, pl's latest updates and al proved it.

It's for sure devs want to balance this out (PvP) but they're looking for the easiest way and to dis-satisfy all the ppls out there. I just tried to put the exact solution- *) pve community untouched *) lowest amount of work *) a proven way to balance a bit more.

Now if y would argue for the fact that ppls who alrdy earned it would complain to give it up, even it still would make sense, but u kept saying "it should" etc tbh I really don't see any validity in it.

anahadaz
10-13-2014, 11:15 AM

I agree with this completely, but elite rings or no elite rings, lustrous or no lustrous, bears are still op, they do the same work as any other class to get to 75/6/7, but they have the huge advantage.

I didn't say my solution is the only choice. Best thing for pvp would be a new stat which gives extra damage and armor in PvP and adding like lvl 75 PvP gear which can be purchased from a pvp vendor for like 1 mil for the whole set. That way pvp gear has better stats in pvp while regular gear has better stats in pve.

This is an interesting idea that sts should consider, also adding a plat option to buy it that would of course, naturally, be very expensive.

Rakka
10-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Better make another new arena pvp, so we can choose which arena for playing.
Read this, and plz suppoort..!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?178030-New-ARENA-PRO-PVP

dudetus
10-13-2014, 04:54 PM
so basically in your opinion, now don't say - it's ONLY good business's perspective cause u kept saying, don't make me quote that, OP gears are there for good reasons and devs should not eliminate that any means. Gratz ur one of those who don't want balanced PvP. so there's no point of argue at the very first place.

Now PROPER balance of classes is not possible (I MEANT EXACT BALANCE), thus you just rotate a bit the point of view, you'll know that leaving specific class op, can also be non intentional, cause there were no other ways. you don't need to get to world of Warcraft, we also know in pl experience, ppls left the game for this unbalanced PvP, they didn't got stuck into op thingy-ish. Devs also know they tried also they understand better business not in PvP rather pve, pl's latest updates and al proved it.

It's for sure devs want to balance this out (PvP) but they're looking for the easiest way and to dis-satisfy all the ppls out there. I just tried to put the exact solution- *) pve community untouched *) lowest amount of work *) a proven way to balance a bit more.

Now if y would argue for the fact that ppls who alrdy earned it would complain to give it up, even it still would make sense, but u kept saying "it should" etc tbh I really don't see any validity in it.

I have no idea what u tried to say but just in case I just say u are wrong.

Marika1
10-13-2014, 08:48 PM
As far as skill goes, i want u to know Opest that i place u on the same level as Intimidator is. So i don't think the high level sets are the problem here.

iRandom
10-13-2014, 08:57 PM

(My mistake for not reading the whole of your post OPest.)
Dudetus, I think that OPest is saying that it wrong to leave in an OP class-specific gear for use in PvP as it creates an imbalance in the PvP Community, specifically as this thread is referring to the Endgame Community. Because of unbalanced PvP in endgame, PL Player left the PL Community. then..PvE Community should not be affected by the nerf(if any) would be lowest amount of work and it results in a fairer and more balanced pvp community.

iRandom
10-13-2014, 09:04 PM

I totally agree! What's the reason to cap a bird and PvP if your gonna be easily beaten by str bears and pallies?
You've worked hard and should be guaranteed the RIGHT to a fair and balanced PvP community.
Instead, bears and pallies easily beat you.
if by "best gear" you mean L75 and L77 sets, then you clearly mean all sets not just str sets, no?
or do you truly mean str sets?

iRandom
10-13-2014, 09:06 PM
1 handed + shield str set should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be the go to set for str classes dps in a traditional mmo which PL is. Your whole argument is invalid.
EWWW NO. DEX FOR DAMAGE. yet str sets, still have the right stats to make quick work of anything all the while absorbing damage like a sponge absorbs water.

synfullmagic_23110
10-14-2014, 12:40 AM
And no one thinks of the pure int mages?

What's pure int

Waug
10-14-2014, 07:26 AM

I said, like 90% active endgamers, u don't want PvP balance, good.

I also said that sts still wanna balance PvP only if they don't need to work hard and that does not make unhappy most of the pl community.

and I also said I propose something that can fulfil what sts wants, and that can balance PvP.

rest of the things are still understandable.

iRandom
10-14-2014, 09:04 AM
What's pure int
Naw, what's full str is a better question ;(