PDA

View Full Version : Hey sts

faiy
10-11-2014, 11:34 AM
I wanted to say that you guys should put the maps and towns dark when it's night time and light when its day , in towns , just like world of warcraft

Endkey
10-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Places like Undim fields would look funny at day time then

Appeltjes
10-11-2014, 12:17 PM
Lol, did it ever come to your mind that not everybody is from America?

faiy
10-11-2014, 12:24 PM
Lol, did it ever come to your mind that not everybody is from America?
what ? -_-

obee
10-11-2014, 12:28 PM
what ? -_-
In America, when its day, it's night in Asia, and vice versa

faiy
10-11-2014, 12:31 PM
In America, when its day, it's night in Asia, and vice versa
They could make diff times , lol

obee
10-11-2014, 12:34 PM
They could make diff times , lol
??? That means you have to separate the U.S server and the Asian server. Too much work, and it's too late for thay

Lidless
10-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Not everyone is from america? First theres no santa..then the easter bunny fiasco...now this? God.

faiy
10-11-2014, 12:52 PM
??? That means you have to separate the U.S server and the Asian server. Too much work, and it's too late for thay
Don't comment to argue , zz

Not everyone is from america? First theres no santa..then the easter bunny fiasco...now this? God.

matanofx
10-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Not everyone is american yet our nearest event is Halloween which is an american holiday

I dont mind day/night time maps if theres 1 time zone for all, however maybe someone from asia playing in day time wouldnt like to see all the maps on night mode...

Unless they can split it to to atleast 3 different time zones i dont see how people wouldnt complain.

Endkey
10-11-2014, 12:57 PM

Mind telling me where Santa and easter bunny came from lol?

faiy
10-11-2014, 12:58 PM
LOL

Endkey
10-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Not everyone is american yet our nearest event is Halloween which is an american holiday

I dont mind day/night time maps if theres 1 time zone for all, however maybe someone from asia playing in day time wouldnt like to see all the maps on night mode...

Unless they can split it to to atleast 3 different time zones i dont see how people wouldnt complain.

It would suck if STS are only going to have some events at some set time periods. We need some asian, south asian, african, south american (you get the point) related events too. Some of us do not celebrate halloween and we would love to see some other events that we do take part in :)

Anarchist
10-11-2014, 01:15 PM
A slightly dark display during the halloween event would be cool.

Personally i don't care what the event is celebrating as long as there is a event and since Sts sits in US i find it legit they celebrate on US festivites =]

Lidless
10-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Ya right what are you gonna tell me next? Theres no tooth fairy too? Im not buying it.

Anarchist
10-11-2014, 01:26 PM
And during christmas there could be a snow fall effect (dont remember if there was one last christmas) and ice patches in towns which differently from the common ones when you walk on them cover you with snow--- like a snowball vanity.
Ice men or/and elves walkin in towns. literally walkin around like that Npc at windmore.

There could be a father christmas who hands out christmas lottery card for X gold and when you scracth them you might get a temporal vanity pet you can summon in addiction to your normal pet or some cool real life related vanities. All time limited like the firebug so its more fun to see after some months who stored his vanites.

Zylx
10-11-2014, 02:06 PM
How about an option to switch between night-time and daytime?

I think it's also high-time for a virtual in-game clock to be implemented at a stagnant time zone. It would be a lot easier to schedule events if there was an Arlorian Time Zone, so everyone would be able to see the same time zone

"Hey when is that contest over?"
"It's over at 7:00 PM AT"

Endkey
10-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Personally i don't care what the event is celebrating as long as there is a event and since Sts sits in US i find it legit they celebrate on US festivites =]

Well people who buy platinum are not only from US, and STS's job is too make the buyers happy, and i believe that lots of asians, indians, and pinoys would be happy if an event to their liking is added sometime soon. That actually is a easier way to go coz really, at one time it will be hard for sts to get new vanities for halloween, and new pets. they can easily make a chinese event for example, make special chinese vanities and even introduce pandas. I think that would be much better

Anarchist
10-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Italians, Spanish, Koreans, Englishs, Greeks, Germans, Australians.

They could celebrate everyone festivities including your birthday too. Or they could simply stick to what majority celebrates or what they think should be celebrated according to the developers cultural background.
Christmas, Halloween, Mothers day are celebrated everywhere.
Where i live Chinese New year i hear about it only on the news in Tv or read about it on the last pages of the newspapers the days its celebrated.

Chinese themed vanities accompanied with pandas would be supercool though....you got me on that one.

Endkey
10-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Italians, Spanish, Koreans, Englishs, Greeks, Germans, Australians.

They could celebrate everyone festivities including your birthday too. Or they could simply stick to what majority celebrates or what they think should be celebrated according to the developers cultural background.
Christmas, Halloween, Mothers day are celebrated everywhere.
Where i live Chinese New year i hear about it only on the news in Tv or read about it on the last pages of the newspapers the days its celebrated.

Chinese themed vanities accompanied with pandas would be supercool though....you got me on that one.
Just saying that it would be more fun to play the game when we know that more events other than mothers day halloween and christmas are there. These events have been the same since the start, and if we dont know abt the chinese events for example, the chinese event would be more surprising for us. Id rather have an event ive never heard of instead of halloween again, coz the vanities wont be pumpkins or costume related. Thats how it is for me, id have a new and a not so famous thing instead of a world known but the same thing all over.

Neutrone
10-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Oh variety

faiy
10-11-2014, 03:23 PM
How about an option to switch between night-time and daytime?

I think it's also high-time for a virtual in-game clock to be implemented at a stagnant time zone. It would be a lot easier to schedule events if there was an Arlorian Time Zone, so everyone would be able to see the same time zone

"Hey when is that contest over?"
"It's over at 7:00 PM AT"
Good idea

SacredKnight
10-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Maybe just for towns....

faiy
10-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Maybe just for towns....
Ikr , thats what I tried saying

Sdbigdaddy
10-11-2014, 05:53 PM
As far as i know sts is an american company. But it would be cool if different regions on the map represented different parts of our real world. Ie., nordr = antartica or south pole and brqkenridge = netherlands. We could get cool events that r of those country' s holidays. Like instead of halloween it would be day of dead in mexico.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-11-2014, 06:26 PM
When it is dream, this idea is perfect.
But when it comes to reality....hmmm

faiy
10-11-2014, 06:29 PM
When it is dream, this idea is perfect.
But when it comes to reality....hmmm
Game , not reality

Arpluvial
10-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned up this thread, let's make sure we're keeping it forum appropriate. :)

Gensin
10-11-2014, 11:06 PM

Its in a another dimension so the time can stay gloomy.

Xeusx
10-11-2014, 11:06 PM
This also can disturb their hard work with their plans.

SacredKnight
10-11-2014, 11:22 PM
So I guess, the end of this discussion and the conclusion of said discussion is:

Day and Night for towns, not dungeons.

Sdbigdaddy
10-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Seriously , how many dungeons do you need? They are just all about the same. And...we are getting an updated one? Geez.
Some guy somewhere is saying.. " yes! Another dungeon!" But only that guy.

joydhillon
10-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Jus a side fact. Many of us still didnt get a banner for our country lol. So events to be organised on every festival of every country , i think they wouldnt even consider it till they become ( if they become ) a multi billion company like blizzard.
As for day time thing , i completely agree for an in game clock rather have to check sts time zones to see when an event ends or starts. Or as a matter of fact come and check announcement section from 11P.M -1A.M. Sometimes 4 A.M.
In game clock would provide a definite fixed time and we can plan when to come online.
#help us asian people get some sleep

Endkey
10-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Idk why some of my comments were erased by remiem, i think everything was appropriate

epicrrr
10-12-2014, 11:57 AM
The night/day on AL could be based on other "STS specified time", an ingame timezone of its own. A little dimming effect and torch light standing out during "night" would really step up a notch the gameplay.

Hope they add this to "future list of things to do".

Anarchist
10-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Idk why some of my comments were erased by remiem, i think everything was appropriate
Mine by Arp it seems referring to filipinos as "P***Y" is culturally offensive.

i didn't even know.

Dex Scene
10-13-2014, 01:45 AM
Maybe On new year we can see goblins and skeletons playing with fireworks.

Endkey
10-13-2014, 02:27 AM

i didn't even know.

Dnt philipinos call themselves pinoys too? i thought this word was better to use than philipinos as they themselves used it o.O

SacredKnight
10-13-2014, 02:51 AM

i didn't even know.

P*etc.*y is an informal demonym referring to the Filipino people in the Philippines and overseas Filipinos around the world.Filipinos usually refer to themselves as P*etc.*y or sometimes the feminine P**ay. The word is formed by taking the last four letters of Filipino and adding the diminutive suffix -y in the Tagalog language (the suffix is commonly used in Filipino nicknames: "Ninoy" or "Noynoy" for Benigno, "Totoy" for Augusto, etc.). P-_-y was used for self-identification by the first wave of Filipinos going to the continental United States before World War II and has been used both in a pejorative sense as well as a term of endearment similar to Chicano. Both Pinoy and Pinay are still regarded as derogatory by some Filipinos though they are widely used and gaining mainstream usage.

Gensin
10-13-2014, 03:24 AM
P*etc.*y is an informal demonym referring to the Filipino people in the Philippines and overseas Filipinos around the world.Filipinos usually refer to themselves as P*etc.*y or sometimes the feminine P**ay. The word is formed by taking the last four letters of Filipino and adding the diminutive suffix -y in the Tagalog language (the suffix is commonly used in Filipino nicknames: "Ninoy" or "Noynoy" for Benigno, "Totoy" for Augusto, etc.). P-_-y was used for self-identification by the first wave of Filipinos going to the continental United States before World War II and has been used both in a pejorative sense as well as a term of endearment similar to Chicano. Both Pinoy and Pinay are still regarded as derogatory by some Filipinos though they are widely used and gaining mainstream usage.

Great google find :)

And yes we call ourselves pinoy. I dont even know, that is not even offensive to us. LMAO.
Theres even a guild called <Pinoy Rules>, wth.

Ruzada
10-13-2014, 09:19 AM

But we all know how much you like spending time there at night :banana:

Endkey
10-13-2014, 10:49 AM
But we all know how much you like spending time there at night :banana:

only with some chosen people..and noone knows that tbh

Hadec
10-13-2014, 11:29 AM
ty for mentioning greeks we never got any mention yet no greek banner...
why sts?

Ruzada
10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
only with some chosen people..and noone knows that tbh

ya...good NOONE knows about it..

ty for mentioning greeks we never got any mention yet no greek banner...
why sts?

same goes with romanians,high five!