PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with the shooting aliens... ?

Dharqueblayde
02-01-2011, 01:19 AM
This is my first and so far only PL character. I've gotten to 48 so far by leveling in zones until I can't level there any more. Things were going okay until the end of AO2 when the aliens with blasters showed up. I have such a hard time with these things, it's not funny. Prime example, myself and three other people my level died repeatedly on just Pl'Othozz (I died 17 times in one battle - and we didn't kill him) . Three people chaining heals and this boss two shots me (pure int). I'm wearing one of those shield things and a wand, but it seems to do little good. Even my mana shield does little to protect me.

There something I'm missing about these shooty aliens that makes them more tolerable?

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 01:24 AM
You need a decent tank. Preferably a strength type character to take the damage, or a fast killing group to just beat the crap out of him before he can kill one of you. Lol

Inching
02-01-2011, 01:33 AM
im a mage and i can take him.... r u using pots? im guessing the rest of ur team is not experienced or organized enough. add me and i'll take u to kill him. yes just me is enough and im a mage.

if u find me on, then PM me to remind me who u r... i can get the other guys on if u want and run u through... given elly, etc are on or I'll just get some other 50s on with me but Im pretty sure we r enough.

what gear u wearing exactly?

Dharqueblayde
02-01-2011, 01:33 AM
That's not very hopeful. I've run into way too many bad tanks (Vietnam type WoW flashbacks of PuG instances) in this game on top of even more magey types that don't dang heal. Sigh.

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Or exactly what Inching said. I'm a mage too and I can pretty much tank him, as long as I don't lag and I don't know what I'm doing. Lol

And yes, what gear do you have on? I don't think he's as hard now as he was before.

Dharqueblayde
02-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Right off hand, I believe I am wearing a Khafra Helm of Isie, D'jinn Wand of Isie, Khafra Robe of Mastery, and a Dreamer's Imhotep Eye. Oh, and a swanky sombrero. Maybe I'm being killed by a lack of style?

Yeah, I chug pots, mana and health alike because of mana shield.

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah it seems decent enough assuming its your first character.

So you use your armor buff + mana shield before you go in against him? It'd really help if you have at least one bear or a well rounded group. Another mage or so to heal/rev, at least one bear to stun as much, and a bird to keep armor low and kill fast.

Inching
02-01-2011, 01:49 AM
im also guessing that ur mana runs out with this setup at lvl 48. u need to be wearing thoth gear and ur damage is low due to the wand of isis. but anyway..... a few things u should be doing in this order i recommend... (if ur soloing)

1 - buff up and mana shield up
2 - run in and auto fire and debuff
3 - spam mana pot till shiled is down (while hot flash combo)
4 - buff back up and debuff again (keep doing this everytime its available)
5 - spam health pot and heal spell till shield is cooled down and shield back up and switch to mana pot spam
6 - hot flash combo whenever its cooled down

doing the above should get u most of the way assuming u have enough pots at your level and in that order.

with Elly or I with u, u can clear him

Dharqueblayde
02-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Should I just get a staff then and skip out on the wand/shield? I'll take a look at my money situation and see about getting Thoth gear if that's your suggestion.

Ellyidol
02-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Should I just get a staff then and skip out on the wand/shield? I'll take a look at my money situation and see about getting Thoth gear if that's your suggestion.

If you have a good tank or such, yes staff would be good so you can kill him faster. But if your getting aggro just using your wand/shield, that might be a problem.

Inching
02-01-2011, 02:12 AM
i can give u a staff free... thats fine.... just look up Elly or myself and we try

Palyna
02-01-2011, 03:01 AM
Hi~ I experienced the same thing when I was level 41 - 48 in AO2. The first few times were tough, keep dying. So after that I would lure out a few aliens 2 - 3 after killing them then I dash into the room shield up to meet the boss and focus attack on him. At the same time, buff, debuff + combo + drain life + spam on heal and health if needed. The buff and debuff are very important for me cause I was using a lousier wand the mojo wand. The Djinn wand was so expensive. Dont know whats the price now though.

I got better damage staff at that time and I tried using it. Gotta spam on your health faster than with wand and shield. Lesser armor made me fragile.

bladesword
02-01-2011, 03:12 AM
This is my first and so far only PL character. I've gotten to 48 so far by leveling in zones until I can't level there any more. Things were going okay until the end of AO2 when the aliens with blasters showed up. I have such a hard time with these things, it's not funny. Prime example, myself and three other people my level died repeatedly on just Pl'Othozz (I died 17 times in one battle - and we didn't kill him) . Three people chaining heals and this boss two shots me (pure int). I'm wearing one of those shield things and a wand, but it seems to do little good. Even my mana shield does little to protect me.

There something I'm missing about these shooty aliens that makes them more tolerable?

In my mind im saying "Tough luck, your just weak, dammit."
Ill just say "Level up to 50"

WhoIsThis
02-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Even with 5 level 50s running down victory lap, people routinely die - even veteran players who have been doing this for months sometimes.

You've got to learn the hard way. Go with 2 mages (rez anyone that dies ASAP) and preferably, 3 birds. Birds need to break armor as quickly as possible; you use armor debuff as well. Be careful not to push too far or it will heal. It may take a few deaths, but eventually, you'll get it.

Pharcyde
02-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Wand/eye
Buff mana shield
Combos Combos Combos.

Kossi
02-01-2011, 08:57 PM

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/Smile.jpg