PDA

View Full Version : Some more ideas to flavour the game

Jay Gatsby
10-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Been filled with many improvement ideas for the game

So now i would like to suggest some ideas I have, inspired by playing other games in the past, i will keep it brief

1. Upgrade gems

In many other games, we see that they have their items upgradable to +1,+2,+3... etc as the number goes higher, it gets harder to upgrade and the stats and graphic also becomes better.

E.g. at +1 to +4 there are no change to the graphics at +5 weapon starts to glow, at +10 weapon is leaking smoke/energy waves/ light beam or anything that makes the item looks like it is at its peak.

2. Equipment combine/ Socket items

This will make things very interesting, by doing so, everyone can be unique with their own type of items.

Let me image this out

You have a leprechaun pendant and a Dark watch sword, its kind of boring after using the same type of items after awhile. so what if you can socket your leprechaun pendant into your dark watch sword? now your dark watch sword not only procs 100% crit it also have 15% chance of reroll! or a maul which can proc additional stun effects after socketing a pavise into it?

Also, what about socketing items into pets too XD

of course this would cause some items to be OP, so we can have some restrictions like some effects doesn't stack or when socketted, the proc power will be reduced by half etc...

socket items also have a chance of being destroyed during the socket process and can not be removed but can be replaced after being socketted.

3. Weapon vanity/ pet vanities

I always liked the idea of holding a sign board or a candy cane as a weapon or even better, santa's bag of presents and always have them on even when there is a new level cap. Also i like to see my samael wear a red arlor cap sometimes, perhaps if these are possible in the near future, it would be magnificent.

Please tell me what you old sports think about my idea, and perhaps if many people likes it like i do, dev would consider implementing them, thanks for browsing, old sports

Sdbigdaddy
10-12-2014, 10:55 AM
really good thinking here!

Tollyjoy
10-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Love your ideas, combining items will definitely make the game, especially pvp, more variable

Hail
10-13-2014, 05:10 AM
Imagine ss and dws xD Would be op - in a good way ;P
Also I like the weapon FX after gemming.

Leprechaun
10-13-2014, 07:59 AM
love the item socket idea, upgrades would be a no as it will further cause inflation in the game, weapon and pet vanities? COOL!

Lebby Angela Villamar
11-05-2014, 05:27 AM
I also thought pets would provide loot rerolls maybe at least 15%? that would be fine...

Inan'hesh
11-05-2014, 02:09 PM
1. Great Idea but it will take so much framerate and additional data to make all those hundreds of items glow graphic particles.
2. Too many bugs will arise on this. If I socketted 3 lepres on 1 mythic item it would be 45% re-roll and I still wear my lepre so 60% and I had a re-roll elixir so over all 85% chance to re-roll, its too high. If I socketted 3 wildtalisman on 1 mythic item it would be 75stats on proc and I still wear my wild talisman so 100stats per prco, its too high. I still wanted to add 3 arcane rings socketted to a weapon + the one your wearing but I think you got the idea.

The thougth of
some effects doesn't stack or when socketted, the proc power will be reduced by half etc... will not make it not OP. We already had a weapon proc, ring proc, amulet proc and gem procs adding all this together we get game crashed.
3. Your third idea however is great!

Not an old sport but I wanted to tell my opinion too.

Jay Gatsby
11-06-2014, 08:07 PM
1. Great Idea but it will take so much framerate and additional data to make all those hundreds of items glow graphic particles.
2. Too many bugs will arise on this. If I socketted 3 lepres on 1 mythic item it would be 45% re-roll and I still wear my lepre so 60% and I had a re-roll elixir so over all 85% chance to re-roll, its too high. If I socketted 3 wildtalisman on 1 mythic item it would be 75stats on proc and I still wear my wild talisman so 100stats per prco, its too high. I still wanted to add 3 arcane rings socketted to a weapon + the one your wearing but I think you got the idea.

The thougth of will not make it not OP. We already had a weapon proc, ring proc, amulet proc and gem procs adding all this together we get game crashed.
3. Your third idea however is great!

Not an old sport but I wanted to tell my opinion too.

well of course those things you mentioned can easily be improved, old sport. 1. glow effect can be switched off in settings 2. the stats increase when socketted can be minimal, like +2% chance of reroll per lep socketted the arcane rings socketted can only give 1% of its entire stats. Thats all possible. My idea for this is to make the game more variable instead of having just one best item in the game where price will sky rocket for it and price of other items just keeps falling

Chronexia
11-07-2014, 05:32 AM
3. Weapon vanity/ pet vanities

I always liked the idea of holding a sign board or a candy cane as a weapon or even better, santa's bag of presents and always have them on even when there is a new level cap. Also i like to see my samael wear a red arlor cap sometimes, perhaps if these are possible in the near future, it would be magnificent.

Please tell me what you old sports think about my idea, and perhaps if many people likes it like i do, dev would consider implementing them, thanks for browsing, old sports

The idea of lollipops intimidate me