PDA

View Full Version : Item crafting

Amicusdei
10-12-2014, 09:13 AM
How about crafting new gears from multiple gears that are available now?
Maybe 1 new armor from X number of the old mythic armors (or upgraded) as crafting ingredients.
The upgrade quest from the old mythic would lock the item to the player still and the crafted could also be locked.
The same questline could be used to upgrade the old ones, and when you have maybe 3, you can craft into something new (arcane?).
Or maybe 3 perfect gemmed suits for one arcane, idk.
This would drive up crate prices as well, making some money for our farmer friends and give some endgamers something to work for.
A gold sink could also be implemented (condensed essence).
I think it could work for most any type of items, but should be limited to crafting multiple mythics rather than a whole new crafting system for all items.
Unless you could craft a mythic from, say, 10 or more of same legendary. (10 Magma Claymore of Assault for one xxx mythic for example).
Don't forget about eggs as well, 10 mythic eggs = 2500 plats. Good for STG.

Now, bring on the criticism. :)

I am prepared for all the holes you can shoot in this and all the obvious problems i have overlooked.
Please save comments about rich players, we all know it will be easier for them to get it.

However, it seems to me that all this can be done with existing items, most of which are not crazy rare (vials, fossil, shard), but is also open to rare ingredients (hopefully not vials, fossil, or shard :) ).

Appeltjes
10-12-2014, 09:24 AM
No ty

obee
10-12-2014, 10:24 AM
Save comments for rich players? I'm sorry, but this is gonna be way too easy for them.

Anarchist
10-12-2014, 11:03 AM
How about crafting new gears from multiple gears that are available now?
Maybe 1 new armor from X number of the old mythic armors (or upgraded) as crafting ingredients.
The upgrade quest from the old mythic would lock the item to the player still and the crafted could also be locked.
The same questline could be used to upgrade the old ones, and when you have maybe 3, you can craft into something new (arcane?).
Or maybe 3 perfect gemmed suits for one arcane, idk.
This would drive up crate prices as well, making some money for our farmer friends and give some endgamers something to work for.
A gold sink could also be implemented (condensed essence).
I think it could work for most any type of items, but should be limited to crafting multiple mythics rather than a whole new crafting system for all items.
Unless you could craft a mythic from, say, 10 or more of same legendary. (10 Magma Claymore of Assault for one xxx mythic for example).
Don't forget about eggs as well, 10 mythic eggs = 2500 plats. Good for STG.

Now, bring on the criticism. :)

I am prepared for all the holes you can shoot in this and all the obvious problems i have overlooked.
Please save comments about rich players, we all know it will be easier for them to get it.

However, it seems to me that all this can be done with existing items, most of which are not crazy rare (vials, fossil, shard), but is also open to rare ingredients (hopefully not vials, fossil, or shard :) ).

You might be surprise to hear you are not the first that brought up this idea and i completely agree with you on it.
Without creating new bosses and maps its the easiest way to revamp elite loots and make them worth farming! Most incredible thing about this system is that the elites loots will maintain a good price overtime on thier own as they get used to craft better gears and removed from market.

If i were a mod/dev i would check this out.

spimeslam
10-12-2014, 01:00 PM
This could be very effective for the economy sort of like on pocket legends they made old event items liquidate for high gold value. Higher lvl more they were worth and also more common but after people liquidated the high lvl ones they became rare and more expensive and it made them wanted and useful. I believe people just want lots of different options and crafting multiple items to get a new item would be awesome if the bugs are worked out properly and it could be useful with many items.

Even if its a form of transmuting lesser items with possibility to create better/useful items then all pinks would go up in price just to become fodder for the equation. right now some pinks just aren't worth trying to sell to players so they get liquidated and the people who actually were to use those items are the truly unfortunate players, which in this case they wont transmute it.

Dalmony
10-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Agreed. I posted a long idea about how something like this would work in the suggestions area not too long ago ^_^ Please give it a read:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180484-Fairer-paths-to-gear-and-pushing-platinum-onto-personalisation-and-pets

Amicusdei
10-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Agreed. I posted a long idea about how something like this would work in the suggestions area not too long ago ^_^ Please give it a read:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180484-Fairer-paths-to-gear-and-pushing-platinum-onto-personalisation-and-pets

nice, very detailed. Promise i hadn't read it til just now :).

You seem to have put more thought into it than i did. Great minds work alike, yeah?

Dalmony
10-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Great minds work alike, yeah?

For sure :) I'm happy to see other people asking for something like this! The more the merrier!