PDA

View Full Version : Play -FULL- screen on chrome, with NO black side borders, distortion, or quality loss

Dalmony
10-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Posted this in answer to a technical problems thread but thought it might be of interest to a lot of players so I'm posting it here with a clear title.

If you have not done this yet do it right now and you will never ever revert back... In fact it will seem like a whole new game and you will wonder how you ever managed to play the boxed in version! Here are screenshots of the difference it makes - note wider peripheral vision!

1.Find the exact dimensions of your screen resolution. You can do this by googling there are websites which will detect it for you such as the following

http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

Mine is:

1366 x 768

2. Open the App in chrome; in the address bar you should have something similar to this:

http://account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends

3. On the end of this you must tag on your screen dimensions. Replace my numbers with the ones you get from identifying the size of YOUR screen.

http:// account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends /?w=1366&h=768

(Do not include spaces. They are included here for formatting reasons only)

4. Once the game is open and you have logged in it will look at bit cut off around the edges. This is because the game is now fitted perfectly to your screen for playing in full screen mode.

Settings -> Full Screen

or simply press the full screen hotkey which on my computer is F11

Voila. Full screen magic perfectly fitted to your screen with no cut off edges and no black borders.

Good luck let me know how you get on ^_^

Valkiryas
10-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Nice one!

habibinadem
10-12-2014, 07:05 PM
thnk u :)

Electrophiles
10-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Nice real-world application of basic HTML browser CS code!

It's things like this that make me go smile

spimeslam
10-12-2014, 09:28 PM
This I didn't know :o good find!

mightymynk
10-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Is al working on chrome again?

spimeslam
10-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Its been working. The problem you have maybe with your pc there are threads here that explain how to fix it. You probably need a older version of chrome.

kazzy
10-12-2014, 11:33 PM
:eagerness: tnx

Newcomx
10-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Posted this in answer to a technical problems thread but thought it might be of interest to a lot of players so I'm posting it here with a clear title.

If you have not done this yet do it right now and you will never ever revert back... In fact it will seem like a whole new game and you will wonder how you ever managed to play the boxed in version! Here are screenshots of the difference it makes - note wider peripheral vision!

1.Find the exact dimensions of your screen resolution. You can do this by googling there are websites which will detect it for you such as the following

Mine is:

1366 x 768

2. Open the App in chrome; in the address bar you should have something similar to this:

3. On the end of this you must tag on your screen dimensions. Replace my numbers with the ones you get from identifying the size of YOUR screen.

4. Once the game is open and you have logged in it will look at bit cut off around the edges. This is because the game is now fitted perfectly to your screen for playing in full screen mode.

Settings -> Full Screen

Voila. Full screen magic perfectly fitted to your screen with no cut off edges and no black borders.

Good luck let me know how you get on ^_^

I've been looking for this thread for a long time. Thanks.

Anarchist
10-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Thank you!

Stelo
10-13-2014, 02:00 AM
omg, i love this, BUT i'd like to ask about something on the bottom left/right corner of my screen. it keeps saying "Waiting for account.spacetimestudios.com...". if i scroll onto it with my mouse, it just moves on to the other side. how do i fix this? :o

EDIT: Actually, nvm! it was because I kept refreshing!

Dalmony
10-13-2014, 10:31 AM
No problemo I would have shared sooner had I really thought it through!! Spread to word to your PC user friends :D

Dal
X

spimeslam
10-13-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm still getting used to having such a big view. Such a easy fix. Bump so more people see it. :D

Dalmony
10-13-2014, 02:17 PM
Hehe pretty hard to concentrate on the game with all those extra pixels of beauty at your disposal gaze lovingly at :P

hozukreti
10-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Put this as sticky thread! I vote for it!

Najtiry
10-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Thank you !!!!!

obee
10-13-2014, 05:10 PM
A mod needs to sticky this

spimeslam
10-13-2014, 07:19 PM
If I have the app of arcane legends on google chrome downloaded how do I get it to open and already be full screen, because I did the full screen and it was great but after a while the app wouldn't load but to 88%. It made me have to restart my pc and when I started the app my emails I had saved to log in were gone and I had to download all patches like I just got the app. :S. Scared to do it again! My data hurts :(

Dalmony
10-13-2014, 07:31 PM

Dalmony
10-13-2014, 07:39 PM
To get it to be automatically full screen without having to edit each time, just save the full address including values in your bookmarks bar.

Right click bookmarks bar in a space such as the empty grey space after the last bookmark to the right -> add page ->

Name: Arcane Legends
URL: http:// account.spacetimestudios.com/arcanelegends /?w=1366&h=768 (the version with your values obviously if theyre diff from mine :P)

Once saved, if you can't see the bookmark on the bar, click the little double arrow like this " >>" which is to the far right of the bar, find your new bookmark at bottom of list and drag it onto the bar to the position where you want it.

Then don't load from Apps, just click it in the bookmarks bar and it will load that way everytime.

This is how I do it and it absolutely does not make me redownload anything ever except when there is an actual patch :D (and I've been playing this way since just before Ursoth event... nothing strange has ever happened whatsoever period :) )

spimeslam
10-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Ah ok I see. Also right now for some reason I can't get past the screen where you select play or pick a character. I click play and it makes the music stop and it just freezes. After I fix that tho I will do bookmark method :D thx for the quick response also.

Dalmony
10-13-2014, 08:11 PM
NP :) midnight blues lol ^_^

aarrgggggg
10-14-2014, 04:39 AM
This post totally just saved me from having to drop my resolution in order to make things fit better :)
You rock!!!!!!

spimeslam
10-14-2014, 10:41 AM
After I did this it gave me issues and I still can't get the AL app to work. I try to delete the app and redownload it but it don't download the patches again. It loads to 88% and and acts like it hit 100% and it freezes after I hit play everytime whether my screen side is regular or not :/

Dalmony
10-14-2014, 12:55 PM
This is the computer equivalent of changing the picture size on your tv - you don't actually change the program information arriving at your tv you just optimise the size for your screen. Or resizing your "Word" window... you do not have to redownload Microsoft word each time you resize the window. Basically, using the instructions the way I have posted will not do anything which requires you to reinstall the app on chrome... I can flip between views as many times as I wish and it literally changes nothing except becoming exceedingly more beautiful :/ It seems others have also done this successfully without hiccups. Sooooo.. because of this being the case, I'm not really sure what has happened in your chrome; arguing about the cause is pointless anyway. Best I can suggest is clean history, uninstall all versions of chrome, run ccleaner, restart computer. Reinstall chrome and game. Thats literally as much advice as I will allow myself to give because I am not a diagnosis expert. There are some posts over in technical issues about chrome issues. Many many posts -.-"

Best of luck though hope you eventually have working chrome followed by awesome wide angle AL view ^_^

danu.jaya45
10-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Dwnu

danu.jaya45
10-15-2014, 11:40 PM
Dwnu jaya

ArnabKnight
10-15-2014, 11:47 PM
wow, nice...:cool:

Dalmony
10-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Glad you're enjoying it :)

spimeslam
10-17-2014, 11:34 AM
I fixed it so I'm able to play with the wider view... but the game only loads to 88% lol weird. Tgx dal

Endroids
04-16-2015, 10:05 PM
:o Amazing!

zuhairkhatib40
09-12-2015, 04:18 AM
Thank you!! :)))

Kingkarma
10-23-2015, 08:54 AM
Thanx for info :)

Iisolah
10-24-2015, 06:30 PM
Wow! Thanx alot! I didn't know this was possible. :O

I have another question, I may be off topic now, sorry.. but is it possible to get the app version and layout on a laptop similar to the screen in iPhone/tablet? My Laptop has touchscreen and can be un-attached from the keyboard (so it only become a touchscreen tablet). But the layout is still in PC version.. which meens i cannot move or walk cuz the moving joystick in left corner does not appear. The only way i can walk is when the keyboard is attatched. Rest of the things in game i only use the touchscreen (including writing).. kinda anoying to have the keyboard attached only for using 4 buttons to move.

Is there any way to make the joystick appear in the chrome version?

Dalmony
10-24-2015, 06:39 PM
Wow! Thanx alot! I didn't know this was possible. :O

I have another question, I may be off topic now, sorry.. but is it possible to get the app version and layout on a laptop similar to the screen in iPhone/tablet? My Laptop has touchscreen and can be un-attached from the keyboard (so it only become a touchscreen tablet). But the layout is still in PC version.. which meens i cannot move or walk cuz the moving joystick in left corner does not appear. The only way i can walk is when the keyboard is attatched. Rest of the things in game i only use the touchscreen (including writing).. kinda anoying to have the keyboard attached only for using 4 buttons to move.

Is there any way to make the joystick appear in the chrome version?

If you are using a windows laptop, you could try installing either Bluestacks or Droid4X on it.

http://www.bluestacks.com/ << best one.

http://www.droid4x.com/ << alright when it works but its a bit buggy.

These are programs which will run android apps on your screen. You can make it fullscreen and the game would then have the tablet layout when you open it in here. You can install games from the play store with these and you should be able to play them with your touchscreen laptop.

I've used them to play other android games on my pc but in the end, using a regular mouse kinda sucks but I would imagine that if you are using touchscreen it would be perfect. Might lag a bit but give it a go :)

Iisolah
10-24-2015, 07:08 PM
If you are using a windows laptop, you could try installing either Bluestacks or Droid4X on it.

http://www.bluestacks.com/ << best one.

http://www.droid4x.com/ << alright when it works but its a bit buggy.

These are programs which will run android apps on your screen. You can make it fullscreen and the game would then have the tablet layout when you open it in here. You can install games from the play store with these and you should be able to play them with your touchscreen laptop.

I've used them to play other android games on my pc but in the end, using a regular mouse kinda sucks but I would imagine that if you are using touchscreen it would be perfect. Might lag a bit but give it a go :)

Wow! Thank you sooo much for this information! Yey, you really made my day :) I'm gonna try it right away! :D woho :)

Asron9
03-14-2016, 10:43 PM
STS sticky this pls ,thank you :)

Hekkau
05-27-2016, 05:37 PM
this saved my life. thank you so much

Spiff
08-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Almost two years late to the party & just now seeing this! Thanks for posting! Just got a STEAM controller so play on Chrome won't be as painful.
Thanks again!

cutiepooh
12-09-2016, 11:09 AM
This is really work great. Thank a lot.

Sent from my N5111 using Tapatalk

MaizPira
05-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Idk why no work form me, i just get the screen a little more big

BobDehBuilder
06-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Good to know

Hellween
06-19-2018, 09:40 PM
Thank you! :D

Priggos
12-28-2019, 07:24 PM
thanks a lot!

JSTKill
09-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Thanks to very useful information)

Articblitz03
10-08-2020, 09:41 AM
Yay full screannnn

syloia
02-20-2023, 08:31 PM
Thanks! I couldn’t see some of my buttons

forgeyt
04-07-2023, 10:53 PM
Ty

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

rsbiturbo
06-25-2023, 09:14 AM
Nice one! Thanks

Wise
07-09-2023, 11:49 PM

Mine is:

1366 x 768

Settings -> Full Screen

Good luck let me know how you get on ^_^Ty

Sent from my CPH2179 using Tapatalk