PDA

View Full Version : Dual spec question

Chubbsy
02-01-2011, 09:14 AM
So I have two chars, a pure str bear (that I LOVE) and a pure int Mage. My Mage is kinda boring to me, and I was thinking of dual speccing to str/int. Can anyone who has one or played with a good dual spec str/int Mage comment on the awesomeness or non-awesomeness of this idea? Thanks

Chubbsy

StompArtist
02-01-2011, 09:18 AM
So I have two chars, a pure str bear (that I LOVE) and a pure int Mage. My Mage is kinda boring to me, and I was thinking of dual speccing to str/int. Can anyone who has one or played with a good dual spec str/int Mage comment on the awesomeness or non-awesomeness of this idea? Thanks

Chubbsy

I made a STR mage to replace my bear ( I felt the bear was too slow :( ) and I am really enjoying it. Basically you end up with a self healing tank (sort of...). To me it is probably the funnest build to play with. Fits my style exactly... weaken them with spells and rush in for the kill (while spam healing).

Royce
02-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a split stats pally (dual-like build but no Int gear). It's a lot of fun. Personally I prefer my Int mage, just because of the vicious damage it can do, but pally (or dual spec) is nice if you don't want to worry as much about being careful, and don't care about the significant damage decrease relative to pure Int.

FluffNStuff
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I have a split stats pally (dual-like build but no Int gear). It's a lot of fun. Personally I prefer my Int mage, just because of the vicious damage it can do, but pally (or dual spec) is nice if you don't want to worry as much about being careful, and don't care about the significant damage decrease relative to pure Int.

Thing about the dual pally is the int side of the build is really bad, because of the all the damage you lose.

Riccits
02-01-2011, 11:05 AM
i have dual spec and i must say i rarley switch to STR/Hate. with hate u can only hit with ur skills when u dont wanna be near the mob.. and it suck a lot of mana.. and i never need excessive armor... i just play so that i dont came in serious trouble... STR is no guarentee of surviving when its gonna hard u die fast too when u dont pay attention.... STR i would only need with OL and in Shadow Caves...
int mage is more fun IMO :)

Arterra
02-01-2011, 11:46 AM
i have very specialized VL run with my dual mage.

desert i just spam away with a keeper staff
mynas i might use the wand and eye in case of aoe attack and for rushing, but still be ranged
keeper i go straight keeper staff, simply because of the damage output
gurgox you need range, so keeper staff.
OVERLORD a pally just owns him. i will no longer buy tank pots, unless my team is particularly cr@qpy

synopsis: pally side for rushing and not having a care in the world, int side for dealing major pain when you really need it.

romgar1
02-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Arterra took my post lol. I love the duel spec mage. Damage may not be quite as high as pure int, but when you don't have a tank its great to know you are two loadouts away from being a pally. Not to mention pall's own in pvp :D

Arterra
02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Arterra took my post lol. I love the duel spec mage. Damage may not be quite as high as pure int, but when you don't have a tank its great to know you are two loadouts away from being a pally. Not to mention pall's own in pvp :D

good point there, this is the best way to max out on int for a pvp pally!

RedRyder
02-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I've played pure int from forest haven to ancient swamps, then Pali from ao1-ao3, went bak to pure with the stay based skills revamp, then went dual. I loveeeeee it, it's fun and pretty efficient. However since getting my bird to 50 and seeing how much faster it all is, I barely use my pally lol. Pure archers = too much fun