PDA

View Full Version : Changing Around the Stats on a Bird for Full Efficiency?

Junside
02-01-2011, 09:32 AM
So a few days ago I dual-spec'd my bird into a STR/DEX build, 127/127.

It's not very satisfying. I tanked sometimes in PVP which was a bit new, but otherwise, I can't do PVE as well anymore. I'm usually always the one to maintain aggro in the party no matter who's in it.

My old stats were STR(50) DEX(186) INT(11) and I was doing pretty fine with this. I had about 25 more HP and fairly good regen. Not amazing regen but it went up fairly fast.

I want to know, is a pure dex is just better anyway? Compared to my old stats? I'll post screenshots, and maybe I'll just answer my own question lol so expect an edit.

My original stats and under, Pure DEX, then dual spec
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-117.png
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-115.png
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-118.png

StompArtist
02-01-2011, 09:37 AM
So a few days ago I dual-spec'd my bird into a STR/DEX build, 127/127.

It's not very satisfying. I tanked sometimes in PVP which was a bit new, but otherwise, I can't do PVE as well anymore. I'm usually always the one to maintain aggro in the party no matter who's in it.

My old stats were STR(50) DEX(186) INT(11) and I was doing pretty fine with this. I had about 25 more HP and fairly good regen. Not amazing regen but it went up fairly fast.

I want to know, is a pure dex is just better anyway? Compared to my old stats? I'll post screenshots, and maybe I'll just answer my own question lol so expect an edit.

I have played around a lot with my bird and have settled for almost pure dex. I just could not find anything else I enjoyed playing with the bird...

Moogerfooger
02-01-2011, 09:52 AM
I am running 54 Str 200 Dex and 1 Int...my DPS and hit % is slightly down from pure dex, but get +1 dodge, +26 health and +2 armor. It seems like I can take an extra hit from a boss, and I am fine with losing a few DPS for that bonus. H/s and M/s are 10 and 9 with the Sentinel set, which I can live with. Not scientifically tested, but I do seem a little tougher.

Physiologic
02-01-2011, 01:33 PM
The only class that truly benefits from dual specing is the Paladin. Birds that are dual specd lose too much on what they do best - damage.

Arterra
02-01-2011, 01:36 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/fantomz06/ScreenShot-118.png

did you just unequip a sunblessed set?

Junside
02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah. I was wondering why the sparks were still there, and I had to see the raw stats instead of sunblessed stats

Moogerfooger
02-03-2011, 06:34 AM
The only class that truly benefits from dual specing is the Paladin. Birds that are dual specd lose too much on what they do best - damage.

That is your opinion. Mine is, if I can take the extra boss hit while only losing about 7 dps, then I serve the team better by not being dead.

Physiologic
02-03-2011, 07:29 AM
That is your opinion. Mine is, if I can take the extra boss hit while only losing about 7 dps, then I serve the team better by not being dead.

I rarely die as a full dex bird. I'm at a 17,000:210 kill/death ratio. This is my first character, got to 50 in a week, and from then on I've been only gaining kills and deaths from Alien Oasis 3 (about 12,000 kills and 150 deaths are from AO3). I'd say that's pretty good compared to other full dex/dual spec birds.

Character deaths are largely determined by how fast you are able to pot, escape mobs, and avoid bad aggros. If you're unable to do those three things efficiently all the time, then you might sacrifice damage for armor. Occasionally an enemy like Pl'Othozz will crit me for a 1 hit kill but that's extremely rare.

Moogerfooger
02-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Making subtle insults on a forum is pointless. I am merely stating an opinion, and just stating what worked for me...I love when people directly or indirectly imply that my at-least-semi-informed 'opinion' is wrong. Things happen...Mynas spawns on your head, bad team chemistry, taking one for the team on Gurgox, figuring out that the Witch packs a mean punch on the first day of the caves, etc.

It is a matter of personal preference. You can have your higher DPS, I will take my +1 dodge, +26 health and +2 armor for an extremely minor drop in DPS....I like to be near the front of the party and mix it up, not hang back a little more, just my personal style. I have been in parties where there has been a pure dex Sunblessed archer with much higher DPS than my Sentinel, but they sat there on auto while I was ripping off the archer combo, or throwing thorn wall and hoping a mage notices, or using the supercombo you posted earlier (which works very well, thanks for that) and doing far, far more damage than my pure dex counterpart.

Since switching to a slightly STR build, I am at 9000:30 k/d....all in AO3. Sure, some of it is due to experience or increased skill, but I saved a mage from having to come rescue me a couple dozen times along the way. I could care less about dying, but I hate making a mage stop what they are doing to come rev me.

Ona
02-03-2011, 08:18 AM
I'm usually always the one to maintain aggro in the party no matter who's in it.[/IMG]

Ah, you really have to come and play more often with my bear. He is not the kind to let someone else get the aggro and corner mobs and bosses ;-)

But to refer to your question, my bird is also dual spec and I'm really thinking of respec: Bird are made for damage even with rift set on...

Junside
02-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Ah, you really have to come and play more often with my bear. He is not the kind to let someone else get the aggro and corner mobs and bosses ;-)

But to refer to your question, my bird is also dual spec and I'm really thinking of respec: Bird are made for damage even with rift set on...

Yeah you're really good with your bear and I actually am comfortable with letting your bear play its role.

Well, I tried something else, 80 str, 164 Dex, 11 int. I survived a standoff against a few pallies.

Thelonearcher
02-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Go full dex. Problem solved.