PDA

View Full Version : quick question

wvhills
02-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello everyone.
I have a question for y'all. I have a level 28 bear and it flashed on my screen that I needed to go to a higher level to gain experience so I went to Lost Expedition. I learned right away I couldn't get anywhere solo, which is fine because I like playing in groups better anyway, but it's hard to get very far even in a group unless you have a level 50 with you. I don't like just riding people's coattails so is there any tips you can give me?

Also, is having a high DPS or a greater damage range better?

Arterra
02-01-2011, 11:33 AM
well from now and on mobs have more armor, and dps doesnt take armor into account. always look for weapons with high max damage, so you can hit through their armor.

Lost expedition should be easy-ish for a group lv25+
make sure your mages heal properly and heal to get rid of being frozen, have archers make sure to save break armor skills for those tough little guys, and as a bear you are going to have to just take the brunt of it and use a few pots lol.
you can make sure to stomp/beckon them all into a tight corner, so that aoe attacks really hit them hard. that is the pinnacle of bear techniques for harder enemies, since it lets the other two classes blast them to bits.

ps sure you are not doing frozen nightmare by mistake?

Royce
02-01-2011, 11:35 AM
From about where you are on, just basically ignore DPS, and look at your damage. You should absolutely not need a 50 on your team for LE. There is a good thread here with tanking tips and other tank info: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?17290-GUIDE-How-to-Tank-Properly-and-Shed-the-Noob-Bear-Status!

wvhills
02-01-2011, 11:45 AM
yeah, i'm in lost expedition. I didn't know you could get frozen but that explains a lot. Last night I couldn't move and thought I had a bad wifi connection. Haha. I got pushed away from the rest of the party and was ganged up on. Lol.
I had been going by DPS so I'll def change that. I read the thread on tanking tips and I realize that I misused skill points. I've maxed out stomp and iron blood and one of the slashes but don't have much on taunt and none on beckon.
I just need more practice! Thanks for the tips!

Royce
02-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Oh and if you get frozen and mages aren't healing to unfreeze you, you can break free with stomp too ;)

Arterra
02-01-2011, 11:49 AM
yeah, i'm in lost expedition. I didn't know you could get frozen but that explains a lot. Last night I couldn't move and thought I had a bad wifi connection. Haha. I got pushed away from the rest of the party and was ganged up on. Lol.
I had been going by DPS so I'll def change that. I read the thread on tanking tips and I realize that I misused skill points. I've maxed out stomp and iron blood and one of the slashes but don't have much on taunt and none on beckon.
I just need more practice! Thanks for the tips!

beckon starts weak, but those last two skill points turn it into a freaking jedi pull (kudos to Royce for that quote)

also, some of the info on tanking guides might be slightly out of date. the slashes have more power now, and i simply think that at least ONE level in the crippling slash is needed, since it freezes bosses.

remember, swords are no longer of any use. try getting either a broadsword/claymore, axes, tridents, or spears. at lv50 swords are somewhat revived, but only because they are part of special sets with extra stats.

and yes, lagg is a killer xD

wvhills
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I went home and played some at lunch and it was a lot easier. I switched to an axe that had a lot lower DPs but much more damage than the hatchet I was using. I also had two mages in the party so things went well. I think the first time I had a couple of bears and birds but no mages. I've got some pretty good armor and weapons right now but I've got some really good stuff for when I hit level 30! :)
I find it really irritating when mages and birds insist on rushing in before me. The only thing worse than that is when I do get in first and do my skills to get all the enemies to rush me then someone will do something to scatter them all over the place. Lol.

Fyrce
02-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Watch your group's blue mana line. If you find mages not doing anything, tell them to heal for ice/freeze. If you find birds not doing anything, tell them to thorn (stops things from ganging up on you, good combo), scream and use debuffs. Of course, you should be buffing/debuffing as well.

wvhills
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
where is frozen nightmare btw?

Royce
02-01-2011, 03:45 PM
where is frozen nightmare btw?

It's the same place as LE (they have the same town). The easiest way to find games there is with the join screen. Just go to the world map, then tap join game, then filter the list for "Frozen" or something. If there are no games going, you can always host your own.

wvhills
02-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Cool. Thanks! Do the other areas have doubles too or just LE?

wvhills
02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Cool. Thanks! Do all the other areas have doubles too or just LE?

Royce
02-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Cool. Thanks! Do all the other areas have doubles too or just LE?

There is no other campaign with a mirror "elite" version like LE/FN, but the Ancient Swamps and Skeller Krunch campaigns both cover the same level range (30-35) like LE and FN (25-30) do.

wvhills
02-01-2011, 04:06 PM
I guess FN is alot harder than LE so I think I'll wait until I go to that one.
Thanks for the info!

wvhills
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
here's another quick question...
I'm now level 30. I'm using a frosty hatchet of the bear and frozen shield of the bear. I have a frozen longsword of the bear that does 62 more damage but lowers my armor by 18. Should I use it? How much more damage does a weapon need to do to offset not using a shield?