PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with this PvP balance (str gear)

XghostzX
10-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't have time to play online games very often due to a busy schedule (as most people who play PL can relate). That being said, I get kinda pissed everytime I come on for 20 minutes wanting to play a nice PvP match, but then I get wrecked by STR - not because of skill - rather, pure B.S. luck. It's amazing how easy it is for gaming companies to neglect the one thing that the vast majority of players are asking for... literally, one measly thing that we've been asking for (and offering assistance) just to be content with a game we've so graciously been loyal to. What's even more amazing is that there are some players who have contributed countless hours to stat-changes and EVEN THEN nothing is done. It's just a pity that the community can't have one thing to be satisfied with. PL is a dull game, there is no other way to put it. PvP is practically the only thing that keeps myself, as well as many others in the speed of things. Are you going to do anything about it STS? If you want to prove to us that you're different coming amongst all other mobile companies - that is, one who cares about its players and doesn't do it just for the $$$ - then you would tackle this problem head on. It's been avoided long enough.

Sincerely,

Ghost

Dryraindrops
10-13-2014, 05:14 PM
Can't beat em join em...go str also then :P

Probesbehr
10-13-2014, 05:18 PM
I don't have time to play online games very often due to a busy schedule (as most people who play PL can relate). That being said, I get kinda pissed everytime I come on for 20 minutes wanting to play a nice PvP match, but then I get wrecked by STR - not because of skill - rather, pure B.S. luck. It's amazing how easy it is for gaming companies to neglect the one thing that the vast majority of players are asking for... literally, one measly thing that we've been asking for (and offering assistance) just to be content with a game we've so graciously been loyal to. What's even more amazing is that there are some players who have contributed countless hours to stat-changes and EVEN THEN nothing is done. It's just a pity that the community can't have one thing to satisfied with. PL is a dull game, there is no other way to put it. PvP is practically the only thing that keeps myself, as well as many others in the speed of things. Are you going to do anything about it STS? If you want to prove to us that you're the different coming amongst all other mobile companies - that is, one who cares about its players and doesn't do it just for the $$$ - then you would tackle this problem head on. It's been avoided long enough.

Sincerely,

Ghost

Totally agree

Ssneakykills
10-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Can't beat em join em...go str also then :P

This is coming from a pally ofc

Dryraindrops
10-13-2014, 05:24 PM
I personally think they shouldn't allow rings in pvp! If a dude has 3 PC and I got a plat ring at end game he could prob 2 hit me...i asked him to take ring off and he couldn't handle me I nuked him everytime..a ring shouldn't make a insanely huge difference as 3 PC and 2 PC does

Dryraindrops
10-13-2014, 05:26 PM
You should be able to customize the requirements in your hosted games also.

As in allow or not allow certain items or classes

Ssneakykills
10-13-2014, 05:40 PM
I personally think they shouldn't allow rings in pvp! If a dude has 3 PC and I got a plat ring at end game he could prob 2 hit me...i asked him to take ring off and he couldn't handle me I nuked him everytime..a ring shouldn't make a insanely huge difference as 3 PC and 2 PC does

People wear/use rings because in theory they stuck with the game longer and put those hours of grinding extra in to use them. I used to do perfectly fine as a drag ring bird against 2/3 piece players. Woudnt be much point in cap rings if you coudnt use them in pvp lol

Dryraindrops
10-13-2014, 05:41 PM
People wear/use rings because in theory they stuck with the game longer and put those hours of grinding extra in to use them. I used to do perfectly fine as a drag ring bird against 2/3 piece players. Woudnt be much point in cap rings if you coudnt use them in pvp lol

Well allow host to allow and not allow certain items or toons :P

Ssneakykills
10-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Well allow host to allow and not allow certain items or toons :P

It just woudnt work imo

Dryraindrops
10-13-2014, 05:44 PM
I know a few game similar that also allow staking..or betting on fights in a arena, that would be awesome id STS could transition something like that in.

Somemager
10-13-2014, 05:58 PM
I know a few game similar that also allow staking..or betting on fights in a arena, that would be awesome id STS could transition something like that in.

that would just ruin the flow of money the best pvpers will practically own all the gold in the game.

Booked
10-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Ghost, you just said that so many people didn't for the fear to get banned, i seriously appreaciate what you said and did, and well hopefully STS have a nice reply to this and not just ban/erased thread to evade issues, but they should really care about the people and the game who made famous their other games.

STS:

Thanks to Pocket Legends the other games were a dream that came true, now take care of the users who made this work and don't simply ignore us, regards.

Suentous PO
10-13-2014, 06:54 PM
I don't think it's possible to put more thought into this than Whoisthis has here;

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122775-Game-mechanics-and-equipment-a-thread-to-reform-PL-and-re-establish-class-balance&highlight=Whoisthis

Devs, please do more than read this and then forget it.
Here it is one more time
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122775-Game-mechanics-and-equipment-a-thread-to-reform-PL-and-re-establish-class-balance&highlight=Whoisthis

Did you miss it? Don't worry I gotcha (:

Until then, my friends, lol@pvp.

XghostzX
10-13-2014, 07:24 PM
You should be able to customize the requirements in your hosted games also.

As in allow or not allow certain items or classes

This is the ultimate solution at this point.

@Book - I'll give you my extended thoughts later. Out right now, hard in mobile.

Trenton
10-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Watch out Ghost, your post will be deleted because you aren't praising STS in every post!

tarlan
10-13-2014, 08:16 PM
i thought of a way to make it balanced, since dodge is a 100% damage reduction that is even too OP for tanks so either remove it all OR my recommended option: give all armors and helms 50% dodge statistic

Impact
10-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Nothing will help now unless Stg advertises pl since 90%+ of the original population quit after the nerf of 2013, but if it takes a hour or so to edit stats then possibly since hundreds of players agree on a similar topic.

tarlan
10-13-2014, 08:29 PM
easy fix, make it like AL u can only dodge weapon attacks, not skills, then give everyone 500 extra health probably just like 65+ or they could scale it so like every level up = 7 hp

edit also maybe scale to class, since obviously mage would benefit the most from this

XghostzX
10-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Watch out Ghost, your post will be deleted because you aren't praising STS in every post!

Ha that rhymes

Booked
10-14-2014, 06:10 PM

Ha! Isnt deleted yet

angeldawn
10-15-2014, 11:39 AM
I agree with Will.

There are many things that could fix the balance of pvp. But we aren't asking for that. We are asking for the quickest and simplest solution.

NERF STR SET

We are willing to take baby steps with STS towards the rebalance but we need this first.

I do have to admit the new int set gives me a chance of killing them but it's very minimal.

If a toon wears a gear that isn't their class there should be a penalty. Like a pally should then have no mana or mana regen. With these sets there is no down side to everyone wearing str.

I think that by nerfing str gear it will also reduce a lot of the trash that happens in pvp. Kids put on str gear then trash talk everyone, team and rush cuz they set allows them too. Yet they have no skills and blowoff debuffs and lighting at 20m. If they had to actually learn skills it would make pvp more pleasant.

G and others, please don't reply that you will look into or you do care and are working on it if you don't mean it. Don't string us along please

We are long time loyal players who ask for this. Please be loyal to us in return. We are not players who started last week and doesn't understand the game

anahadaz
10-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Str sets rule basically all levels, I think that they could increase the effect of str on your skill damage, because pallies nuke too hard for str imo, even if they use half dex.

anahadaz
10-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Expecting the thread to be closed, or for someone to copy and paste a "We'll pass this on to the devs" answer.

XghostzX
10-15-2014, 09:12 PM
or no reply at all

Busy with Al Halloween :3

I don't need a reply from them. I just want to give them my thoughts, that is all.

Bous
10-15-2014, 09:59 PM
Have to agree with this! This is part of the reason I rarely play today. Pvp is pretty dull with the Op L77 STR SET. Yes I can get a L77 str set and pvp but ill pass on the STR vs STR 15 minute fights.

Simple Solution: Lower L77 STR set by 10-15 armor and 2-3 dodge

XghostzX
10-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Have to agree with this! This is part of the reason I rarely play today. Pvp is pretty dull with the Op L77 STR SET. Yes I can get a L77 str set and pvp but ill pass on the STR vs STR 15 minute fights.

Simple Solution: Lower L77 STR set by 10-15 armor and 2-3 dodge

I don't think 10-15 armor and 2-3 dodge will quite do it.

Bous
10-15-2014, 10:13 PM
I don't think 10-15 armor and 2-3 dodge will quite do it.
Atleast

And don't forget the regen. 43 regen Is a bit cray cray

Rescind
10-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Can't believe he said 2-3 dodge will fix it

Ssneakykills
10-16-2014, 01:53 AM
A str set nerf would be great but I can tell the amount of people that will moan what ever the outcome is

Oculus
10-16-2014, 03:53 AM
True ^^

Marika1
10-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Str sets don't need nerf, you just need to know how to play them. Of course angeldawn, a teamer/rusher with 3pc ring, who has no ability to play, can't beat str mages. I've seen a lot of 3pc int mages that beat new str sets sets fairly easily with int sets. Even 2pc int mages. U can 3 shot a pally as an int mage with the new sets, but thats not enough i guess. But ofc, cry more about str sets due to your inability to defeat them. Birds only have real issues with 3pc pallies. Unless they're bad. And a problem arises if int mages faces 3pc str set bears. I've only seen one int mage that can beat that kind of bear. Not me...This game is more balanced then most people say it is, yet i have been lead to believe otherwise, thanks to all the criers on the forum.

And another thing, the new l77 str set has 15 armor extra over savage and +1 or +0, depending how ur stats are arranged dodge more than savage.

If something needs to be nerfed, nerf the 3pc rings. Those give the real edge. And bird vs bear fights. Those are unbalanced for bird.

AppleNoob
10-16-2014, 06:13 AM

They dont

Ssneakykills
10-16-2014, 06:42 AM
Str sets don't need nerf, you just need to know how to play them. Of course angeldawn, a teamer/rusher with 3pc ring, who has no ability to play, can't beat str mages. I've seen a lot of 3pc int mages that beat new str sets sets fairly easily with int sets. Even 2pc int mages. U can 3 shot a pally as an int mage with the new sets, but thats not enough i guess. But ofc, cry more about str sets due to your inability to defeat them. Birds only have real issues with 3pc pallies. Unless they're bad. And a problem arises if int mages faces 3pc str set bears. I've only seen one int mage that can beat that kind of bear. Not me...This game is more balanced then most people say it is, yet i have been lead to believe otherwise, thanks to all the criers on the forum.

And another thing, the new l77 str set has 15 armor extra over savage and +1 or +0, depending how ur stats are arranged dodge more than savage.

If something needs to be nerfed, nerf the 3pc rings. Those give the real edge. And bird vs bear fights. Those are unbalanced for bird.

This made me chuckle at how oblivious you are

XghostzX
10-16-2014, 06:46 AM

I'm sorry, but please try using something other than STR. We've been playing this game for 4 years, most of us at endgame, and we know "how to play them" at this point. It's still a 30% chance of us winning every time.

Petrichor
10-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Of course angeldawn, a teamer/rusher with 3pc ring, who has no ability to play, can't beat str mages.

At first I was like:

https://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6b41xbH8X1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

Then I was like:

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz61zbI5cy1r3j70mo1_500.gif

https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1h4lBM361r8wxgt.gif

bearuang
10-16-2014, 08:30 AM
I think its because HIT that given from stat its too much and its made creature called pally although its give benefits to bird cause more lv more stat more hit. Just look 51-56 the hit its pretty balanced, bear under 100 and there are no 200hit bird and pally will not be that op.

Bous
10-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Can't believe he said 2-3 dodge will fix it

The dodge would be less than savage. Lol

#Nerf l77 str set

Bous
10-16-2014, 09:26 AM
The lvl 76 cap we can say savage was op. This cap int and dex got a little boost but Str got a bigger boost. Imo the new str set shouldn't have more dodge or armor than savage.

angeldawn
10-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Of course some clueless Str wearing person would make personal insults why hiding behind a name no one knows.

You are wrong about me and clueless about sets.

If int sets kill str easily why are their more Pallys than Int mages? Why is all of <Family> strong?

Your anger seems to be with 3 piece ring which this thread isn't about.

3 hits from a int Mage kills a pally? Hahahahaha

With a pally having about
46 dodge vs 12
701 health vs 489
332 armor vs 245

Waug
10-16-2014, 10:03 AM
The lvl 76 cap we can say savage was op. This cap int and dex got a little boost but Str got a bigger boost. Imo the new str set shouldn't have more dodge or armor than savage.

Theoretically birds suffered most, ONLY cause of l76 elite bow.

Booked
10-16-2014, 10:19 AM

I'm not agree to take off the ring, most of us who has it spent money and time to cap our characters, it's a reward we got for capping so many times and then simply take away?

Skillless
10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
So wearing savage is only self defence against those op 3 piece mages who one shot everyone...

MightyMicah
10-16-2014, 10:45 AM
The problem is that they got dodge crit and hit% right back at sewer cap (or at least pretty darn close.) If they want to progress stats to be more powerful, they need to progress with health, mana, armor, and raw damage. Those are fairly simple stats to work with. Heck, put me in charge for a week and I could balance this crap. The only barrier is the actual coding itself.

But then again, I guess the real problem is just that STS doesn't even want to work with anything. They've shelved pocket legends and seem to have no intention of working on it.

Perf
10-16-2014, 12:15 PM
We are long time loyal players who ask for this. Please be loyal to us in return.

These hoes ain't loyal. ooooh

Sheugokin
10-16-2014, 02:56 PM
I honestly would make very effort to play more if StG started balancing the game.

XghostzX
10-16-2014, 05:52 PM
The objective of any STR user is to get up close and pin the opponent. I think the strength weapon needs to do more damage but the skill damage should be drastically reduced. After all, the purpose of a bears skills are to stun and be smart for when to use those stuns.

This would make FFA way more fun, too...

tarlan
10-16-2014, 06:51 PM
The objective of any STR user is to get up close and pin the opponent. I think the strength weapon needs to do more damage but the skill damage should be drastically reduced. After, the purpose of a bears skills are to stun and be smart for when to use those stuns.

This would make FFA way more fun, too...
i disagree the auto dmg should be lower as well, how is it cool if they beckon out of range, dodge skill after skill, stun with an op ranged hs, then auto you 3 times?

Mothwing
10-16-2014, 06:54 PM
I honestly would make very effort to play more if StG started balancing the game.

Very effort. Much work. Wow.

XghostzX
10-16-2014, 07:30 PM
i disagree the auto dmg should be lower as well, how is it cool if they beckon out of range, dodge skill after skill, stun with an op ranged hs, then auto you 3 times?

Maybe you're right, but you still get the point

tarlan
10-16-2014, 07:57 PM
yah id say lower all dmg for tanks, main prob i think is pve ai, cuz tnaks cant hold aggro without the massive dmg of OP str weapins + the crazy rage buff, fix that and give tanks less dodge and more armor/ health

Covert
10-16-2014, 08:07 PM
yah id say lower all dmg for tanks, main prob i think is pve ai, cuz tnaks cant hold aggro without the massive dmg of OP str weapins + the crazy rage buff, fix that and give tanks less dodge and more armor/ health

I think in oac warriors have a skill that forces enemies to target them for like 8s, too bad sts couldn't make it so taunt forces aggro no matter what for a certain period of time

Suentous PO
10-16-2014, 08:14 PM
I think in oac warriors have a skill that forces enemies to target them for like 8s, too bad sts couldn't make it so taunt forces aggro no matter what for a certain period of time
++++lots

I've always hated that my pure dex bird steals aggro

Fwend
10-16-2014, 08:34 PM
This thread is about crying which u are pretty OP at by the way. So why can't i cry about 3pc rings? Only u are allowed to cry? Along with some food birds? Waaaaaa! Now i am crying too. Hope u are happy. Ill talk to Ani will kill...we will fix u in game!

We all have opionons on what improvements are required for the game. It's just suggestions, every one has a right to an opionion.

But those who choose to give logical reasons are more respected than those who choose to personally attack others and make fun of others for a laugh or to get a reaction.

tarlan
10-16-2014, 09:24 PM

thats good, ideas lets see what c what devs can do

chalange time: SPACETIME vs GAMELOFT

angeldawn
10-17-2014, 09:20 AM
a new person like me

Enough said

dudetus
10-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Srsly I posted a funny post and this one guy is hardcore trollbaiting and my post is the one which gets deleted.

Booked
10-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Seems not one day passes without one bird or int mage making a cry thread about str. Its very tiring for a new person like me to stumble upon these kind of threads everyday. Is there nothing else to discuss? Again, there are some truly insane birds and int mages out there, who can beat any pally in any day. Find them, watch them, learn from them. Or become str mage if you think theyre so op. But, please, stop all the crying threads about str. I admit, bear vs bird is op, but ive seen two birds that destroy bears in ffa. Those birds had 3pc and one had egg though. So...it's possible do defeat bears as bird i dunno. I see most of u have built a rep on this forum...how? By crying everyday about str and getting thanks from other criers? Why can't you just play and enjoy the game as it is?

Hmm let's see, why you didn't cap old caps? If you hate watching this kind of dicuss do like Crim said.. Move on, if you don't welp you have a serious problem, seriously it's annoying see new people complaining about stuff they don't even understand as your case. Another option to stop viewing this threads leave forums or leave PvP, you stop getting annoyed and we stop getting annoyed of the new people like you :)

merchtime
10-17-2014, 02:17 PM
why don't u get int set and beat one of the "pro" pallies, then u will feel the pain of being int mage and u will be crying too, if str sets were not op u wouldn't be complaining here.

yes int mage can kill str-mage but the chances are super low,and it takes lots of skills why? it shouldn't be like that why should str-mage have much more chance of killing int mage. All classes should have chance to kill other classes.

Ruby!!!
10-17-2014, 02:22 PM
I would really like to see a comparison between an int mage and a usual pally build - hit crit dodge dmg skill dmg and so on

CrimsonTider
10-17-2014, 04:20 PM
I would really like to see a comparison between an int mage and a usual pally build - hit crit dodge dmg skill dmg and so on

I have thought of seriously downloading the game just to so some comparisons since I left a ton of plat on my account. But then I remember the time and preparation required and decide to go for a run. ;)

Extreme
10-17-2014, 05:23 PM
Wow, new cap and STR sets' still the problem. I'm pretty sure the last time I played Samhayne said there would be a rebalance in STR sets after the AL cap release, has anything been done after that?

Bous
10-17-2014, 05:25 PM
I like how people say a "pro" int Mage can easily kill str, maybe true, but a "pro" int Mage will never win a duel vs a pro L77 str set pally.

Rescind
10-17-2014, 11:11 PM
I still don't understand why bears need 80+ dodge. I mean a tank should be the one to take most of the hits from mobs without dying. That's what a tank should do. They shouldn't simply dodge 80-100% of hits that's being thrown at them. In other games, tanks have high armor and health regen which is compensated for it's low damage. What we have in PL, is a fusion of Mr. Fantastic and "the Thing". Bears tend to dodge like Mr. Fantastic while dealing damage and tanking like "the Thing". I'm sure people will say "oh the armor won't be sufficient enough in pve", but tbh most people run with teams and are usually on elixirs. If we can reduce the dodge on str gear and boost its armor or decrease how much dodge given by 9 taunt/evade, I'm sure it will give some kind of balance to endgame. I have tried endgame but have stopped due to the dodge problem.

Marika1
10-18-2014, 04:50 AM
Your opinion would be more respected if you actually took the time to make a thorough analysis of why you actually believe STR is fair, rather than using the terms "cry" and "nub".

Birds, if they root me, even if i heal roots, theres a high chance that i am dead in the next 0.5-1 seconds, provided birds are fast and they know their combo. And if i get the blind on me, then it rly is all over. So, birds lack armor (no offense but birds dodge a lot still), but they make that up from the insane damage they give. Birds with 3pc are one step from being OP even after nerf. Str birds are even tougher because they got high amounts of dodge and the notorious blind that makes them immune from taking damage. Birds in ffa are very tough, because i know of no single str pally that can beat good birds while he is unbuffed.

Int mages, have ms, infinite mana basically and wrecking power. They dont have the armor or dodge of pally but they don't seem to need it either.

Bears vs birds is an OP matchup indeed and should probably be dealt with.

If there really is an edge with str sets over the others, its so small that if it gets nerfed, all the other classes should get some sort of nerf because they would instantly become OP over str. That is my experience and what i've seen anyways.

As you can see, i am not talking numbers here, i am talking what happens and my experience in the actual fights. Numbers lie imo.

Skillless
10-18-2014, 05:10 AM
Birds, if they root me, even if i heal roots, theres a high chance that i am dead in the next 0.5-1 seconds, provided birds are fast and they know their combo. And if i get the blind on me, then it rly is all over. So, birds lack armor (no offense but birds dodge a lot still), but they make that up from the insane damage they give. Birds with 3pc are one step from being OP even after nerf. Str birds are even tougher because they got high amounts of dodge and the notorious blind that makes them immune from taking damage. Birds in ffa are very tough, because i know of no single str pally that can beat good birds while he is unbuffed.

Int mages, have ms, infinite mana basically and wrecking power. They dont have the armor or dodge of pally but they don't seem to need it either.

If there really is an edge with str sets over the others, its so small that if it gets nerfed, all the other classes should get some sort of nerf because they would instantly become OP over str. That is my experience and what i've seen anyways.

As you can see, i am not talking numbers here, i am talking what happens and my experience in the actual fights. Numbers lie imo.
PL is of course a game of numbers, basing your analysis on feelings and very view experienced examples is short sighted.

XghostzX
10-18-2014, 08:42 AM

Dude, you need to stop with this 3pc argument. First of all, everyone has the opportunity to get a 2pc, so it's just as easy to compete.

Birds are squishy. Literally, all you need to do is dodge one of their attacks and they're dead.

INT mages will ONLY win if all of their skills hit with crits. I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous if you think a INT overpowers STR. Clearly you're obsessed with winning over non-str users that you're afraid the STR sets would be nerfed.

You even quoted "I am new" ... you don't have any experience with balance. I've been here way longer, so I think I know what balance is for PL, even more so than the devs.

Caiahar
10-18-2014, 09:22 AM
I probably know less than this new guy.

I don't know about this...not about the current endgame I mean..
Devs aren't paying attention to PL, it was also like this when I was active. I honestly don't know what will convince them.

I do recall Samhayne stating that endgame balance is coming. How many months ago was that? 6? A year?

Bous
10-18-2014, 10:38 AM
I probably know less than this new guy.

I don't know about this...not about the current endgame I mean..
Devs aren't paying attention to PL, it was also like this when I was active. I honestly don't know what will convince them.

I do recall Samhayne stating that endgame balance is coming. How many months ago was that? 6? A year?

Yeah, I thought I read somewhere they weren't gonna balance the 76 cap since the 77 cap was coming. And we're gonna balance everything out with the 77 sets.

Booked
10-18-2014, 10:53 AM
Dude, you need to stop with this 3pc argument. First of all, everyone has the opportunity to get a 2pc, so it's just as easy to compete.

Birds are squishy. Literally, all you need to do is dodge one of their attacks and they're dead.

INT mages will ONLY win if all of their skills hit with crits. I'm sorry, but you're ridiculous if you think a INT overpowers STR. Clearly you're obsessed with winning over non-str users that you're afraid the STR sets would be nerfed.

You even quoted "I am new" ... you don't have any experience with balance. I've been here way longer, so I think I know what balance is for PL, even more so than the devs.
Lol lets just ignore him Will, you'll see how he will rage when no one reply back, i bet he just wants attention :)

Waug
10-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Str birds are even tougher

you got trapped here. U advocating for str against the peoples who says str is op then again when it was your term to face str, u confessed str is op unknowingly.

wth you are doing? learn the job. customers won't pay you a penny, lol.

what kinda pally struggle against warbirds? huh ask a newb in arena... you'll get the answer.

Booked
10-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Well returning to the orginal thread, bears should be fixed about damage and dodge, dex bear with lustrous dagger set has an insane dps and damage, it basically kills you with beckon, one slash and auto, with bow set, it has even more damage than dagger set.. About str bears dodge should be nerfed a bit but also give hit.. damage can be lowered a bit and int bears well...no one use int bear ._. They suck.

Marika1
10-18-2014, 06:23 PM

U don't know what u are talking about and u clearly like to analyze things more than just play the game and get a feel for other classes. And 3pc crafted with drag ring is basically like wearing 2 rings: 2pc + dragon ring + 5 armor. Yea ez to beat with 2pc! Try beating non 3pc/2pc users (normal or drag ring users) with no ring. It's basically the same. So please... As for the second part i like to play mostly people that are pros because thats the only way to learn. But u clearly just want str to be nerfed so that u can win easier over others.

And to Opest, str birds for me are generally easy, but i met two really sick ones. Because of those two i said they are tough. Maybe all i met so far were pretty bad i dunno.

I never said INT owns STR i think you're losing it. I said ive seen INT mages OWN STR mages. I've seen INT mages own bears too. Which led me to believe that most INT mages are terrible. Simple. Food. Like u.

And Booked if your bear is DIE then u are indeed food. Str or not.

tarlan
10-18-2014, 06:24 PM
im telling it all comes down to the ai, they make the str op for pve, for bears to keep aggro, the taunts dont work well

merchtime
10-18-2014, 06:39 PM
Devs said that they were going to fix pvp balance months ago, nothing happened.
now go chech AL if warriors complain about rogues being op, they get nerfed in a week.
Same thing with warriors if other classes complain about them they get nerfed fast.
I think the only thing that devs/mods are fast at is closing PL PvP balance threads.

dudetus
10-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Once again after looking this thread I can't believe I'm the one getting warnings for trolling.

Ruby!!!
10-19-2014, 07:09 AM
I am gonna try to add something to this and stay on topic ;)
I might not have any L77 gear experience but I switched my main to pally at 50 and capped pally before my int and dex mages at 56 61 66 71. From levels 50 to 66 there was always something to work around as a pally. Missing mana regeneration (rift hate forti) missing hit (fury forti demonic orlok) missing damage (fury). In the end you had to put more dex and ended up with compromise build that was always lacking skill damage but imo that's ok it's just the price you pay for using a set thought for a different class.
By humania I felt that had changed as the str set had plenty of mana regeneration and added hit also the base damage of the 1h weapon was high enough to lead to decent skill damage and with that I felt as there was no challenge in playing pally anymore. Savage might not add hit but the damage of the 1h weapon should allow even better skill damage. Allowing a class playing another set without real disadvantages is not balanced imo.
But that is all just pally point of view of course these sets should fit bears best and for that I keep wondering why mana regeneration is so high since demo. I don't think a bear can even spam away 20 mana per second. Also dodge... A tank shouldn't rely on dodge but on armor health health regeneration imo.
The 77 set doesn't look that unbalanced as the base damage is lower. But it has even more mana regeneration. Somehow it seems like there is no stat where savage and lust str isn't good at except hit. Armor damage crit dodge regeneration... all good.
So imo endgame str sets would be more balanced with less mana regeneration (to keep pallies from skill spamming) and less dodge (so tanks actually tank)

merchtime
10-19-2014, 12:38 PM
@Ruby the L77 set has more skill damage than savage by 10 points as Dolloway said in a old post. one stomp from The lustrous set will do more damage than one from a savage bear. Even orlok has more skill damage than demo mace set. This cap was supposed to be balanced instead of really reducing bears damage they added more.

Ruby!!!
10-19-2014, 12:59 PM
@Ruby the L77 set has more skill damage than savage by 10 points as Dolloway said in a old post. one stomp from The lustrous set will do more damage than one from a savage bear. Even orlok has more skill damage than demo mace set. This cap was supposed to be balanced instead of really reducing bears damage they added more.
Ty for the information. After reading up on the complaints about savage and then seeing the low damage and high speed of the lust sword I assumed there would be less skill damage now.

XghostzX
10-20-2014, 06:46 AM
Ty for the information. After reading up on the complaints about savage and then seeing the low damage and high speed of the lust sword I assumed there would be less skill damage now.

It's that added damage that becomes kind of daunting. If all the Lus sets are to be balanced, it only seems necessary that the level 76 sets are balanced to scale as well.

Bous
10-20-2014, 09:28 AM
There should be a poll vote.

Ssneakykills
10-20-2014, 09:57 AM
If they ever did consider to balance these sets I can't see it happening any time soon considering al is getting new Halloween and Christmas event and rumoured cap next year and the devs have also said we are getting a new game too.

Bous
10-20-2014, 11:18 AM
If they ever did consider to balance these sets I can't see it happening any time soon considering al is getting new Halloween and Christmas event and rumoured cap next year and the devs have also said we are getting a new game too.

Don't underestimate the devs. Nobody thought we would receive another cap, they are very capable of doing anything

Booked
10-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Don't underestimate the devs. Nobody thought we would receive another cap, they are very capable of doing anything
Idk tho :( we waited a year to get just one level instead of 81 cap .-. Imxoriginal also gave them some stats they could try to balance endgame but it seems the same now being 77, we really dont know what to expect now.

Remiem
10-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Hey all. As you know, we always love and appreciate your feedback. We are aware that there are some balance issues with PvP in PL. Like our other legends titles, PL is a strongly PvE focused title, which can sometimes result in the kinks in PvP balance that you see today. We appreciate your continued feedback and the very hard work coming in from players who even go so far as to re-work class and item stats for a more balanced game. Trust me, this kind of work does not go unnoticed.

What we are running into now is a very long list of priorities going into the end of this year and the beginning of next. There are lot of exciting things in the works here at STS, not just for any particular game, but for the company as a whole. However, this also means that there are less resources to dedicate to re-working item stats and the bigger picture of PvP balance. As the community manager, I am collecting ALL of the feedback and change requests and compiling them into an easy to reference list for the developers. That way, when developer time frees up it will be easy to try and work in some of the most requested changes.

I will keep you all up to date on any anticipated changes. In the meantime, thank you for continuing to keep the PL community alive, kicking, and kicking butt.

Sheugokin
10-20-2014, 03:37 PM
Hey all. As you know, we always love and appreciate your feedback. We are aware that there are some balance issues with PvP in PL. Like our other legends titles, PL is a strongly PvE focused title, which can sometimes result in the kinks in PvP balance that you see today. We appreciate your continued feedback and the very hard work coming in from players who even go so far as to re-work class and item stats for a more balanced game. Trust me, this kind of work does not go unnoticed.

What we are running into now is a very long list of priorities going into the end of this year and the beginning of next. There are lot of exciting things in the works here at STS, not just for any particular game, but for the company as a whole. However, this also means that there are less resources to dedicate to re-working item stats and the bigger picture of PvP balance. As the community manager, I am collecting ALL of the feedback and change requests and compiling them into an easy to reference list for the developers. That way, when developer time frees up it will be easy to try and work in some of the most requested changes.

I will keep you all up to date on any anticipated changes. In the meantime, thank you for continuing to keep the PL community alive, kicking, and kicking butt.

Remiem....those thanks doe.

dudetus
10-20-2014, 03:57 PM

The only thing u need is WhoIsThis' rework of itemization which does not affect pve balance and restores balanced pvp.

XghostzX
10-20-2014, 06:17 PM

The only thing u need is WhoIsThis' rework of itemization which does not affect pve balance and restores balanced pvp.

and/or Dolloway's... we did the work for you (or rather they did)

tarlan
10-20-2014, 08:09 PM

the thing is PL's pve is faaaaaar worse than the pvp, and the greatest pve farming era is when the pvp was the most balanced 50/56

unbalanced PvP sucks, unbalanced PvE is a challenge, if the PvE is too hard people will try harder and enjoy it more, unfortunately the only way PL can make pvp difficult is by loading the mobs and bosses stats, which just means players need better stats aka elixirs, now if the pve actually required skill and teamwork it would be awesome but the basic tactic is sacrifice minimal damage for a lot of survivability aka str gear, in ao3 i remember mages getting booted for not healing enough, that never happens now

I hate to say it but pvp is really the only thing you can come close to fixing without more working than making a whole new game.

to fix pve you would need to remove/heavily modify elixirs, rework entire skill sets for most classes, release all new gear endgame atleast, modify mobs ai, more than likely upgrade PL to the AL/DL Spacetime engine, and rethink almost all of the boss fights to make them more than a dps him with str sets equipped

after that i could only assume pvp would be a complete mess and need so much attention

stats are a small fix that could make a constant level more enjoyable but if it ever raises again stats will need modified, its the mechanics behind all of the game play that need fixed for pvp, dodge is a rediculous overpowered stat, health is far under appreciated, the physics of beckon, push back, and objects in the pvp field should be fixed, and also whats with distances, you cant have ranged skills when range is conditional.

I get that your just trying to calm people, thats your job and you cant make any of the fixes or calls on what get fixed when all really appreciate you. people are just taking out their frustration just cuz you were the one to respond here, but saying PL is pve focused is ridiculous though, no one capped at 77 to play a campaign that you guys already released over 2 years ago.

Really thanks for atleast responding I'm sure you really didnt want to as you cant be like "ok guys were gonna fix this as its not your call and even if it was, you just dont have enough staff"
people feel slightly less ignored now, thankz

Arpluvial
10-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned this thread. Let's make sure we are keeping things friendly and constructive. Thanks! :)

XghostzX
10-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Hey guys!

I have cleaned this thread. Let's make sure we are keeping things friendly and constructive. Thanks! :)

Angeldawn's post had nothing wrong in it. She was giving her honest, and constructive feedback to you guys. Afterall, we were promised a PvP balance and that idea was abandoned.

Regardless, your statement of, "PvE is strongly focused" really surprises me. First of all, they're both just as equally as important as one another. MMO's balance their competitiveness and teamplay. Secondly, PvP came out VERY shortly after PL came out as a whole (at the 35 cap which I was part of). STS has had PLENTY of time to rework the stats and to make it fair, so it would seem that after all the community has done, it's up to you guys now. You've had the time, the stats have been given to you by the players, and we have sacrificed so much patience. If you want us to just leave because we're becoming a hassle, please just tell us.

I simply can't wrap my head around this situation. I'm actually infuriated. We've asked for one thing - just one thing that will keep us content - yet that seems to be too impossible for the brilliant creators of all of these wonderful and successful games.

Petrichor
10-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Here are some of the threads mentioned in recent posts:

Whoisthis:
1. Game mechanics and equipment, a thread to reform PL and re-establish class balance (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?122775-Game-mechanics-and-equipment-a-thread-to-reform-PL-and-re-establish-class-balance)
2. A more modest proposal to balance the game (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?123599-A-more-modest-proposal-to-balance-the-game)

Dolloway:
1. Endgame PvP Restoration (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?160059-Endgame-PvP-Restoration)

Imxoriginal:
1. Time For A New Era---Help in the quest to restore PVP (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132705-Time-For-A-New-Era-Help-in-the-quest-to-restore-PVP)

Ssneakykills
10-21-2014, 04:00 PM
Urgh I just tried endgame pvp for a bit and jheez it's so unbalanced lol

angeldawn
10-22-2014, 02:31 AM
Crims your post are just too dirty they need to be cleaned

I am still livid and completely in awe of my post being deleted My post was 100% constructive and was a direct answer to Rem's post. I would explain it again but I'm sure it will be 'cleaned'

How can the community help STS improve the game when the appropriate posts are deleted and you push away the good members of the community.

But hey let's keep the the trash talking and bullying post. Especially that thread 'My Pro PVP List' that is nothing but harassing and bullying players. (Yes this is on topic of PVP)

And again I'll say it about the balance. I don't think there is much left for us the community to do. It's all up STS. We have done more than our fair share.

XghostzX
10-23-2014, 06:59 AM
I think the best solution is that if we don't want to play with STR classes (that is, if STS does not decide to balance the stats for whatever reason) then they should at least make game requirements. If I want to say no STR gear in the arena, then I simply check some box and create the game. I'm a much bigger advocate for balancing the stats, obviously, but this is not a bad alternative...

Riccits
10-23-2014, 10:08 AM
the time of PL is over, they have no reason to spend into ressources, rather they would make another new legends game. so... game will stay as is for sure..

Waug
10-23-2014, 10:37 AM
the devs have also said we are getting a new game too.

that's the only one thing I'm waiting for eagerly atm. PvP balance is a worthless thing to do.

I will try my best
10-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Is this new game a mmorpg or a strategy castle game, I hate thoughs

Ssneakykills
10-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Is this new game a mmorpg or a strategy castle game, I hate thoughs

An mmo I'd imagine

I will try my best
10-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Sneakykills do you have a link to where I can look at the thread?

Ssneakykills
10-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Sneakykills do you have a link to where I can look at the thread?

Nope it was in al general discussion a month or two ago

Trenton
10-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Ya if this new game of theirs is an mmo, im gonna quit pl and move to this to actually have a fighting chance unlike AL

Booked
10-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Ya if this new game of theirs is an mmo, im gonna quit pl and move to this to actually have a fighting chance unlike AL

Nooo, it's part of their evil plan D:

Waug
10-23-2014, 08:19 PM
lol, each and every game developed by STG is platform independent MMO, that's how STS made their identity I don't thing ATM they'll break it, question is it will be 3D like PL-DL-SL, heck n slash like AL or strategy 2D like battle games.

angeldawn
10-24-2014, 09:21 AM
I think asking for a balance is almost useless. Not because they won't do it but because it's been so long since they played.

The numbers may make sense to them on paper but if they aren't playing they can't see the actual effects. So I think, even of they try a balance, it won't be balanced we will find something else has a problem.

As for their new game, STS likes to pick the new trends and run with them. I'm just wondering when they will try a LOL style game (since continues to gain popularity ;p) like it's a fairly easy game to upkeep. No new maps, no new gear, only add new characters.

Booked
10-24-2014, 11:36 AM
I think asking for a balance is almost useless. Not because they won't do it but because it's been so long since they played.

The numbers may make sense to them on paper but if they aren't playing they can't see the actual effects. So I think, even of they try a balance, it won't be balanced we will find something else has a problem.

As for their new game, STS likes to pick the new trends and run with them. I'm just wondering when they will try a LOL style game (since continues to gain popularity ;p) like it's a fairly easy game to upkeep. No new maps, no new gear, only add new characters.
Look up for securities exchange 1934

XghostzX
10-24-2014, 06:33 PM

That'd be pretty neat, like a PL/AL version the like LOL

Icyla
11-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Str sets don't need nerf, you just need to know how to play them. Of course angeldawn, a teamer/rusher with 3pc ring, who has no ability to play...

Buy a vowel and get a clue. Not only are you absolutely wrong about Angel but the str set is completely op. Read the rest of the thread and see you're alone. Only str lovers think it should stay op. Everyone else disagrees wit you.

Icyla
11-22-2014, 02:01 AM

Most of the times I die from pally is from auto cuz they are out of mana from my attacks, pin me and auto. gf

tarlan
11-22-2014, 05:51 PM
maybe attribute revamp

dex for hit and crit
str for dmg
int for mana and regen
constitution for health and armor

str would become a primarily 2h weapon build req more hit and less dodge
whereas the new const attribute would serve as the main tank build

the problem still would mainly be buffing the tank weapons so they could get aggro
so i think if all skills were reduced to rank 6 as a max and level 65 simply unlocked like 4 more skills per class

for warriors add another slash, an aoe dmg skill that doesnt move the enemy, a bash skill where dmg would be based off armor instead of weapon dmg, and a better area taunt, that actually worked, could maybe blind the mobs AI from seeing any of the classes as enemies for 2 secs per rank

maybe for archers some more defensive skills that maybe them rely on more than lucky dodges as their primary defense, like maybe a stealth skill where they take no dmg for 1 second, a couple closer ranged skills to make daggers and dual weapons more playable, speed buff maybe like 1% per rank

maybe ill post more ideaz later but just some ideas

tarlan
11-23-2014, 09:10 PM
dodge is op which is primarily found with str sets

Seoratrek
11-24-2014, 08:06 PM
Hey everyone,

At this point I think most have stated their opinion and how things could be improved. Like Remiem said, we are aware that there are some balance issues with PL PvP and we do appreciate your continued feedback. If you have any specific feedback you'd like to let us know, my inbox is always open. I'm going to close this thread now as it has devolved into insulting others.