PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Elemental Weapons

zanathium
10-13-2014, 05:54 PM
Note: this info comes solely from research conducted with my own inventory—30 legendary weapons at a variety of levels. Obviously, there are a crapton more than that, but this was more than enough to establish a pattern. Some of these were won in game; others came from allies; two (one of which I couldn’t get a combo out of) were purchased as packs. I will continue to research and post new insights as I find them, and I encourage others to do so, as well.

For those who don’t know, elemental weapons are those legendary weapons that produce elemental effects during combo attacks. No other grade of weapon (rare, common) is found to exhibit these powers, and not even all legendaries do. So how do you know which legendary weapon does what?

To answer this, look to the weapon type. DL has four types of weapons: maces, axes, daggers and swords. Legendary axes induce ice during combo attacks; legendary daggers induce fire. Maces and swords, I’m afraid, do nothing.

The difficult part comes in identifying types. DO NOT rely on what you think a weapon is—DL will tell you.

To identify a weapon’s type, you’ll need to first equip the weapon. Let’s do this with Elegant Death.

See that mace icon at the bottom of the inventory? Don’t go by that; Elegant Death is NOT a mace. DL is tricksy like that. Instead, look at the in-game controller.

Once in game, you see that Elegant Death is, in fact, a dagger. And true to form, Elegant Death produces fire on combo attacks.

Once again, DO NOT go by the inventory classification. DO NOT go by what you think a weapon is. DL is tricksy. It gets confused, particularly on specials and varied types (where you have two different weapons, like Hook and Mauler or Elegant Death). Take, for example, the Nightshadow weapon. Nightshadow looks like scythe, and other scythes (such as the awesome Pain Scythes of Incursion) have been classified as axes. So Nightshadow must also be an axe. Right?

Nope. Nightshadow is a mace. It has no elemental power. See? Tricksy.

Elementals can be gotten anywhere. You can find them in game or get them from allies. You may also be able to get them in weapons packs, but as I don’t often buy packs, I can’t rightly say. So, that's it for now, and happy playing!

doomdoomdoom
10-13-2014, 10:52 PM
Nice post and explanation. Looking forward to seeing you add more weapons with effects. ^_^

Phantomas
10-14-2014, 05:43 AM
Yes thanx for the info, never realised the somewhat wrong name (call it a mace and it is a dagger)
Besides that was until now only aware of the ice effect, not the fire effect some weapons have.

zanathium
10-14-2014, 10:40 AM
Nice post and explanation. Looking forward to seeing you add more weapons with effects. ^_^

Thanks, doomdoomdoom! You actually gave me the idea. (Yes, I was that person asking about elementals in another thread.) I'd eventually like to figure out the aural weapons and body gems. I'm guessing that, like Nightshadow, the other aurals are pretty unpredictable.

doomdoomdoom
10-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Yay! Glad you took the bait. ^_^

BTW, did you observe the fire effect on dagger weapons other than just Elegant Death?

zanathium
10-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Yay! Glad you took the bait. ^_^

BTW, did you observe the fire effect on dagger weapons other than just Elegant Death?

I did, indeed! All the dagger weapons I've tried--Razor Barbs (Grit, Tonicity), Death Razors of Tonicity and Mortalsnips of Guidance--created fire on combos. (Not very many, I'll grant you, but they did conform to the observed pattern.) In fact, I've got a spreadsheet, because I'm a dork like that. I'll put it into Google docs and post it.

Also, every time I see your screen name, I instantly start singing the doom song from Invader Zim.

erosion
10-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Weapons that don't have elemental powers cause your enemy to bleed. You just can't see it.

Eiser
11-08-2014, 03:19 AM
Cool thread. Ill be waiting for ur spreadsheet dude. Great job!

Eiser
11-16-2014, 08:58 PM
My question would be are fire and ice the only active elements in DL wespons? Or are there others like lightning?