PDA

View Full Version : Mythic Bow Glitch

Zeus
10-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Hello,

Mythic Bow is healing more than it should be. By that, I mean that it is healing on spells/DoT hits delivered by your character.

Is this a glitch? If so, please fix. Rogues do NOT need to be any more powerful than they already are.

When you fire this bow, either normal or charged, it will heal you for 10% of the damage you deal per shot. This does not include other spells or abilities you may do while holding the bow – only normal or charged attacks.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?155749-May-Legends-Producer-s-Letter-Arcane-Legends-Events-Dancing-Trees-and-More!&highlight=elondrian+mythic+weapons

Serancha
10-13-2014, 09:52 PM
It doesn't matter what you spec. Any damage done by the bow will heal you back. It's part of the design and has been like this since release. It's the same in pve.

Sakurahb
10-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Is the Elondrian bow,no matter what skill you are using,if you have Elondrian bow equipped will receive around 30-52 of hp.

Zeus
10-13-2014, 11:18 PM
I see - then the thread title should be fixed to glitch in elondrian bow. This would also explain regeneration while holding flag. Last time I checked, the bow should only be giving heals on auto attack.

Serancha
10-13-2014, 11:21 PM
Madnex made a max-heal build when the weapon was first released. He used nox with aoe, razor with bleed, traps with dot etc.

It's not like it is something that was just discovered. It was even in the release notes that the bow heals on damaging an enemy.

Raselph
10-13-2014, 11:39 PM
why dont u ask the mods to rename/delete and make ane one regarding the elon bow?

arpluvial is available

Zeus
10-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Madnex made a max-heal build when the weapon was first released. He used nox with aoe, razor with bleed, traps with dot etc.

It's not like it is something that was just discovered. It was even in the release notes that the bow heals on damaging an enemy.

I believe it stated that the bow would heal through auto attack - no?

Zeus
10-14-2014, 11:06 AM
It doesn't matter what you spec. Any damage done by the bow will heal you back. It's part of the design and has been like this since release. It's the same in pve.

Here is the quote:

When you fire this bow, either normal or charged, it will heal you for 10% of the damage you deal per shot. This does not include other spells or abilities you may do while holding the bow – only normal or charged attacks.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?155749-May-Legends-Producer-s-Letter-Arcane-Legends-Events-Dancing-Trees-and-More!&highlight=elondrian+mythic+weapons

So, it is a glitch that needs fixing. Rogues really do not need to be more unnecessary glitches. They are quite powerful as it is.

GoodSyntax
10-14-2014, 11:19 AM
If they take out the healing of the bow on skills, then that devalues the bow substantially!

The Elondorian Bush is easily the worst proc of the current mythic items (almost as bad as the last mythic bow, maybe worse with the purely randomized locations of the bush spawnings). Taking away the heal from skills does nothing but hurt the bow.

It's now like we received a Crit% bump with this thing - basically, it is a large DMG boost over an Expedition Bow. Without the heal proc, my opinion of this 20m+ bow would be meh :-/

Razors had a really nice Proc, the Elon gun has two outstanding procs, the bulwark procs (even nerfed) is still very good for their intended purposes.

Honestly, if the heal proc were removed, and a new bow were released (which really is overdue) that slots in between the Elon bow and the Expedition bow, I would probably sell mine, get the new one and sit on the cash.

I mean, I know everyone only really cares about PvP these days, but as a pure PvE'er, this is probably the single best feature of the bow!

Zeus
10-14-2014, 11:30 AM
If they take out the healing of the bow on skills, then that devalues the bow substantially!

The Elondorian Bush is easily the worst proc of the current mythic items (almost as bad as the last mythic bow, maybe worse with the purely randomized locations of the bush spawnings). Taking away the heal from skills does nothing but hurt the bow.

It's now like we received a Crit% bump with this thing - basically, it is a large DMG boost over an Expedition Bow. Without the heal proc, my opinion of this 20m+ bow would be meh :-/

Razors had a really nice Proc, the Elon gun has two outstanding procs, the bulwark procs (even nerfed) is still very good for their intended purposes.

Honestly, if the heal proc were removed, and a new bow were released (which really is overdue) that slots in between the Elon bow and the Expedition bow, I would probably sell mine, get the new one and sit on the cash.

I mean, I know everyone only really cares about PvP these days, but as a pure PvE'er, this is probably the single best feature of the bow!

Good,

I know it'll devalue the bow and I do not like that either but it is still a glitch nonetheless. The fact that the bow increased our damage substantially should be compensation enough. No other mythic weapon came close in that regard. You know I report almost all glitches - wether they affect me negatively or positively. After all, the game was designed with a specific balance in mind. In my head, that balance is not achieved if there are certain glitches that make for unintended boosts.

I do get your mindset though and I apologize that we don't agree (which is a pretty rare occurrence).

Sakurahb
10-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I think we have an issue here, because that heal don't make difference in elite maps only normal maps, is not fast enough so we still need to spam pots.If remove that additional heal that bow will be completely useless and only the damage will worth it.
I don't play pvp but it really make a big difference there?

PS:Not completely useless but the price really will go down a bit. Lol

Zeus
10-14-2014, 12:09 PM
I think we have an issue here, because that heal don't make difference in elite maps only normal maps, is not fast enough so we still need to spam pots.If remove that additional heal that bow will be completely useless and only the damage will worth it.
I don't play pvp but it really make a big difference there?

PS:Not completely useless but the price really will go down a bit. Lol

Yes, it makes a big difference in PvP as you're constantly regenerating as a rogue.

GoodSyntax
10-14-2014, 12:31 PM
Good,

I know it'll devalue the bow and I do not like that either but it is still a glitch nonetheless. The fact that the bow increased our damage substantially should be compensation enough. No other mythic weapon came close in that regard. You know I report almost all glitches - wether they affect me negatively or positively. After all, the game was designed with a specific balance in mind. In my head, that balance is not achieved if there are certain glitches that make for unintended boosts.

I do get your mindset though and I apologize that we don't agree (which is a pretty rare occurrence).

It's more that I see just how devastatingly effective all the procs on the Elon Gun are (including the shielding), and how effective, and useful the Bulwark procs are in comparison to the "main" proc of the bow.

When was the last time you thought to yourself....man, just one or two Bush procs, and that could have been a record run! I mean, in runs I'm a part of, nobody even bothers to react to the Bush because its so laughably ineffective both in it's damage or heal ability. And, to be honest, I'm not even sure if it DOES remove stuns/snares etc. as the description claims, because the bush location is reliable in that it never spawns where you want or need it.

Yes, a glitch is a glitch, but honestly, there has already been too much nerf/buff/nerf action this season. Bad enough I have to deal with the worst activity levels I've ever seen in this game since it came out, but then there is a lot of uncertainty on whether things will stay or be buffed/nerfed. I, personally, know a few members that struggled to save up for the Bulwark when it was 4-5m, then it was buffed and almost tripled in price. Those same people worked hard, saved up, bought it at the increased price, only to find their gear nerfed shortly afterwards.

It's the same with Vials....I sold the few I still had when STS said they would fix the drop rate, released an update, yet, I still haven't received a single one, nor has anyone else in my guild. If a elite PvE guild cannot find any, then the drop rate isn't fixed, and I sold my inventory on misinformation. That's the kind of stuff that makes people rage.

Serancha
10-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Here is the quote:

So, it is a glitch that needs fixing. Rogues really do not need to be more unnecessary glitches. They are quite powerful as it is.

What I want to know is why, if you really believe this is a glitch, you waited until now to bring it up. It's not possible you weren't aware of this from the beginning like everyone else was. You are someone that tests things.

For that matter, what about Samael? His regen isn't on any description anywhere so is also clearly a bug, yet that isn't reported as one.

It just seems pretty odd to me that you waited over 3 months. Maybe you sold all your bows now, so don't care if the value tanks? Sorry but it's just feels too calculated to be a real belief that it's a bug that should be fixed. A lot of us saved up and bought this bow because of the heal on it. Kalizza's right. It is the only thing that makes the item worth it.

Zeus
10-14-2014, 02:07 PM
What I want to know is why, if you really believe this is a glitch, you waited until now to bring it up. It's not possible you weren't aware of this from the beginning like everyone else was. You are someone that tests things.

For that matter, what about Samael? His regen isn't on any description anywhere so is also clearly a bug, yet that isn't reported as one.

It just seems pretty odd to me that you waited over 3 months. Maybe you sold all your bows now, so don't care if the value tanks? Sorry but it's just feels too calculated to be a real belief that it's a bug that should be fixed. A lot of us saved up and bought this bow because of the heal on it. Kalizza's right. It is the only thing that makes the item worth it.

I did notice heals but I was not sure what they originated from hence my thread thinking that it was Noxious Bolt that healed. Why would I purposely create a thread to be proven wrong? When you corrected me, I edited the thread and gave credits to you for the correction. I do test things but like everyone else, there are some things that people forget about or do not catch.

Either way, I still own a mythic bow and if the value tanks, it tanks. The bow is already exceptionally powerful due to the 100 damage increase. Furthermore, with the new mythic daggers coming out - this would not be a viable plan.

Samael's passive healing was advertised in the preview. The bow's healing was advertised through charged and auto attack.

It really is just to fix a glitch.

Serancha
10-14-2014, 02:17 PM
If they do nerf the bow, they will also have to reset all pure elite times. The heal is a major help for pve runners, given how hard some mobs in tinderin can hit.

notfaded1
10-14-2014, 02:32 PM
I honestly do not want the bow nerfed as it's proc is already pretty lame making bushes all over the place.

Madnex
10-15-2014, 04:01 AM
I'll have to disagree here.

The new mythic weapon procs function quite differently from the mod quotes that they were originally advertised in (heck, they even function differently than their current in-game descriptions). If the main proc (bush) were to be fixed to spawn closer to the player, stay around for longer and/or be wider to actually serve some purpose othen than decorating the area, then it'd be ok to talk about nerfing the heal per damage tick. Now it's not.

You should also read this topic on the same subject:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173014-Mythic-Weapons-Comparison

Serancha
10-15-2014, 10:21 AM
I'll have to disagree here.

The new mythic weapon procs function quite differently from the mod quotes that they were originally advertised in (heck, they even function differently than their current in-game descriptions). If the main proc (bush) were to be fixed to spawn closer to the player, stay around for longer and/or be wider to actually serve some purpose othen than decorating the area, then it'd be ok to talk about nerfing the heal per damage tick. Now it's not.

You should also read this topic on the same subject:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?173014-Mythic-Weapons-Comparison

The bush proc is this bad that most users consider the 1% HP per hit return as the primary proc instead of the bush

Well said.

Kakashis
10-15-2014, 12:26 PM
When I owned the bow, I quickly realized that it was healing more than what it said it would. I specifically spec'd my toon to do DOT and traps in order to make the most of out the healing. Razorshield as Madnex has done would utilize the bow's healing capacity at 100%. Alas, the healing aspect is rather pointless I found as I still can't pot fast enough to survive even when I had over 4200hp in elites. When I go full dex, it hits hard, but the bush procs completely miss the target on most days and that makes them kind of useless as well on top of my more frequent deaths. The only thing that makes this weapon good was the fact that it as 100 more damage than any weapon, as well as the unintended healing aspect of the bow which may keep you alive for just that fraction of a second longer but even then it's not very OP.

What I had in my hands then was a bow that couldn't keep me alive all the time, bush procs that are pointless other than giving XP, and a 23-25million hole in the wallet. I sold that bow after a few weeks as even when "glitched" it still underwhelmed me. If they take away the glitched skills healing aspect of this bow, it will literally break that twig.

Serancha
10-15-2014, 01:03 PM
Well razor draws aggro, making you get hit more. On elites you have to pot, there's nothing in the world that is going to change that, and there shouldn't be. However, with a normal elite build (especially including aoe nox), the heal can mean the difference between a lb pure time and dying and having to run from the start again. The bush proc is useless for PvE especially, so the heal return is the only real "proc" the bow has.

Kakashis
10-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Well razor draws aggro, making you get hit more. On elites you have to pot, there's nothing in the world that is going to change that, and there shouldn't be. However, with a normal elite build (especially including aoe nox), the heal can mean the difference between a lb pure time and dying and having to run from the start again. The bush proc is useless for PvE especially, so the heal return is the only real "proc" the bow has.

pretty much! At least with razors you can target what you want at close range and take out them mages first! I will save up for nightmarish daggers and see how I like those. As it stands, I'm perfectly adept in running elites with my raiding firely bow. At least the proc is useful and has targeted sniper explosive shots as well as gives me 15 dex. Hey, that's only 85 damage away from the mythic bow when I proc XD

Serancha
10-15-2014, 06:40 PM
I am a huge fan of raiding bows also. Hehe. There are things I want to do that require more damage, but for normal runs, I'd be perfectly content with one. And it's pretty! I felt the same about that 36 bow with the arcane patch. That was super-awesome. Talk about a proc!

In general I have always preferred daggers, so look forward to having a choice, providing the blades are competitive with their scaled stats. However, STS has never made anything from a previous season competitive with current top gear. Even when they scale it - it has always been lesser, so I'm not getting worked up yet.

Kakashis
10-15-2014, 09:37 PM
I am a huge fan of raiding bows also. Hehe. There are things I want to do that require more damage, but for normal runs, I'd be perfectly content with one. And it's pretty! I felt the same about that 36 bow with the arcane patch. That was super-awesome. Talk about a proc!

In general I have always preferred daggers, so look forward to having a choice, providing the blades are competitive with their scaled stats. However, STS has never made anything from a previous season competitive with current top gear. Even when they scale it - it has always been lesser, so I'm not getting worked up yet.

Hehe yeah I was using the sinister bow with the Arcane patches last expansion as well and was super happy with it! This expansions raiding bow is almost perfect as well. Granted, no many players actually use the 10plat weapons, but I think they're way better looking with particle effects and the procs are visually appealing! I haven't used daggers seriously since hooks!

beezulbulb
10-20-2014, 08:26 AM
Here we go again. ...cry/nerf/buff and repeat. Look how powerful players are now..guess what? We are all going to get killed or on shotted once in a while...live with it..

beezulbulb
10-20-2014, 08:32 AM
Sorry but I am fed up with all of this back and forth about weapons.

lethaljade
10-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Maybe if the proc was fixed then id understand fixing that too but in the meantime no thanks, im pretty sure everyone is happy with there bow how it is, we already had to deal with ths sucky proc, to make this bow suck more would just be a troll to everyone who has one, especially with the new release of myth daggs.

Lojack
10-21-2014, 04:50 PM
The bow heal works on any attack, not just auto-attacks. The design had to change a bit at the last minute due to some technical issues and Sam had already posted the letter. Sorry about the confusion.

Zeus
10-21-2014, 07:33 PM
The bow heal works on any attack, not just auto-attacks. The design had to change a bit at the last minute due to some technical issues and Sam had already posted the letter. Sorry about the confusion.

Thanks for clarifying!