PDA

View Full Version : Define the PL lingo

frauifafie
02-01-2011, 02:46 PM
There's a lot of lingo that people don't know what they mean. So I'm asking you playser to make a kinda dictionary for the meanings of PL terms like: " skill spamming " and " farming " and the like.

Ayrilana
02-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Skill spamming is where you spam your skills.

Farming is where you kill the same thing over and over in hopes of gold or a good item.

All of these are universal MMO terms and a full list can be found on google

Physiologic
02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Since we're used to so much lingo, why don't you tell us every single term you don't understand and we can define it?

Dizzy
02-01-2011, 03:11 PM
One PL specific term I got hung up on was Mynas gen (I figured out through context that this was a special breed of player who shortcut'd to the endgame without actually learning how play the game... but I still wondered exactly what it referred to and if I knew the whole definition).

Other than that, I'd get stuck on names or abbreviations for gear, quests, bosses. As a newbie, it can be hard to read threads and learn anything when everything is abbreviated and you have no idea what it stands for and you can't search for it (can't search for words 3 letters and under I believe). But I slowly learned most of the lingo, so it isn't impossible. :)

Lysdexic
02-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Universal MMO? Well that sure as heck can't be considering quite a few only came from WoW (aggro specifically)... which is the worst game ever created and I didn't know them because of it!

Aggro -- When you take the aggression of the mobs. This could be because you're the most damaging or 'pulled' from skills like Taunt.
Twink -- A low-level character created for PVP reasons and has beefed out weapons/armor.
VL -- Victory Lap
OL -- Overlord

PL -- Pocket Legends :p

Ptoast
02-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Aggro did not come from WoW alone. There are older MMO's that have used such a term.

giayuan
02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
One PL specific term I got hung up on was Mynas gen (I figured out through context that this was a special breed of player who shortcut'd to the endgame without actually learning how play the game... but I still wondered exactly what it referred to and if I knew the whole definition).

You got the definition of Mynas gen right, but heres what it refers to...
Full spell out of mynas gen= mynas generation. Back in the old days, before numerous updates, the level, "Tombs of Mynas" had about 100 or so mummies in a row. This level is like crush the keeper in ao3, except without the alien boss. The whole level is basically mummies and more mummies. And the crazy part is that the mummies health is only about a fraction of mummies now. It became a habit then, to bring low level alts into open Tombs of Mynas levels and there would usually be a lvl45 host to boost. That was ok, as they were alts of experienced people. But gradually, noobs began to learn about this infamous level and started joining too. Pretty soon, we started seeing groups of lvl25-35 easily clearing the level for DOUBLE xp. The devs have reconstructed the level into what it is now :D

MarginalDeath
02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Lol the old days. In my day (on Fnord) there were so few people 90% of my leveling was by myself. Oh and elixirs didn't exist then. Everyone is spoiled now. I remember walking to school 10 miles in a foot of snow without shoes or underwear... And all I have to a how for it are 8 posts.

Zeus
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Lol the old days. In my day (on Fnord) there were so few people 90% of my leveling was by myself. Oh and elixirs didn't exist then. Everyone is spoiled now. I remember walking to school 10 miles in a foot of snow without shoes or underwear... And all I have to a how for it are 8 posts.

Dang some oldies are coming back that I didn't even know about!!!!

frauifafie
02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Since we're used to so much lingo, why don't you tell us every single term you don't understand and we can define it?
All of them you an think of. This is for everybody. Especially noobs. :-)

Physiologic
02-02-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?18136-Acronyms-Terms.

This thread is useful, created yesterday.