PDA

View Full Version : Please pros enter here so you can help me with guild stuff... I'm confused

apocketlegend
02-01-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm hoping I can start be in a guild but idk how they work

Beermon
02-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Guilds are not officially available at this time, so the "guilds" that exist are basically a group of players who (by outside the means of the game) organize raids and dungeon runs together. So if you want to start one of these you should

1) start a thread with the name and purpose of your guild (raiding, social, newbie helping)
a. also include requirements for joining (level, age, play time, whatever)
b. optionally make an official website for the guild and maybe even a private forum (again this is optional)

2) advertise your guild in game and here on the forums and wait for folks to join.

Kossi
02-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Guilds are not officially available at this time, so the "guilds" that exist are basically a group of players who (by outside the means of the game) organize raids and dungeon runs together. So if you want to start one of these you should

1) start a thread with the name and purpose of your guild (raiding, social, newbie helping)
a. also include requirements for joining (level, age, play time, whatever)
b. optionally make an official website for the guild and maybe even a private forum (again this is optional)

2) advertise your guild in game and here on the forums and wait for folks to join.

he says he's going to take over aeo
i rofled at him

Beermon
02-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure by his "sentence" if he wants to join a guild or start his own. I thought at first he was wanting information on starting one, but now I'm confused. If he's posting that he is going to take over someone's guild that is not a good way to accomplish either goal.

Kossi
02-01-2011, 04:09 PM
check aeo's thread, one of last pages

Beermon
02-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Wow, that was an interesting read, thank you for the laugh. Apocketlegend, if you want in a guild you should behave as you would if you were trying to hang out with someone in real life, by that I mean you should be respectful and ask nicely. For instance; if you wanted to play basketball with a group of people, grabbing the ball and saying "I am going to overtake this court" would most likely not be the best route.

StompArtist
02-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Wow, that was an interesting read, thank you for the laugh. Apocketlegend, if you want in a guild you should behave as you would if you were trying to hang out with someone in real life, by that I mean you should be respectful and ask nicely. For instance; if you wanted to play basketball with a group of people, grabbing the ball and saying "I am going to overtake this court" would most likely not be the best route.

Unless Michael Jordan is your daddy!

Beermon
02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Unless Michael Jordan is your daddy!

True, but it would also be very dependent on what neighborhood your in.

Kossi
02-01-2011, 04:38 PM
True, but it would also be very dependent on what neighborhood your in.

imagine the most ghetto neighborhood possible

now imagine worse

player5123
02-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Well I am a current guild leader of 170 members in SW:TOR and of 20 in LOTRO and a proud admin of a guild in PL named "The Elite Immortals" (look us up in the guild hall!!) One thing you will want to take into accountability is timing and how much and how long can you spend time in game with your guild. Due to inactivity with your guild you may be
1.) Kicked out of your OWN guild!
2.)Be lowered in rank of YOUR OWN guild.
3.) Losing members of your own guild.
and more!
So if you plan on being "Guild Leader" please take this into accountability on how much for how long can you be active.
Guild leaders above all must be the most active in the guild... unless you have a CO in that case its a different story.

apocketlegend
02-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Kossi, is it? Well. Um I'm sorry basically. :( I screwed up and I would like for you to accept my apology

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Before you even start *thinking* about "taking over a guild" learn what a guild IS.

apocketlegend
02-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Lol, I know what one is and I'm reporting you!

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-02-2011, 01:28 AM
So I was hallucinating when you said to me in-game, "WTF is a guild?"

Estraz
02-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Join 65+ Guild Members at: club-estraz.blogspot.com

"The most rewarding guild ever!"