View Full Version : Arcane Legends not so Pay to Win afterall.

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 12:12 PM
Everyone been requestin a more F2P friendly AL and it seems the devs finally listened to us. Its all up to your luck and how much time you invest into this event now.

Now, if those pets don't get you excited...Let me be the first to tell you that this year you will also have the first chance every in Arcane Legends history to get a MYTHIC pet for tokens! Grimm eggs will be available at the token vendor only for the duration of the event.

This recipe requires crafting elements + 3 lesser chests, and will give you a chance to receive the following items:

Legendary Halloween Bone Armor
Mythic Halloween Weapons from 2013 (Scaled to higher levels)
Halloween Amulet
Undead Wrathjaw Pet Egg
Energy
Gold
Tokens

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180042-The-Road-to-Necropolis-Arcane-Legends-Halloween-Tiered-Rewards!

Halloween event 2014 gonna be awesome.

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Yes, STG, good job dudes.

Hope you understand that you can't ask platinum for everything. Now temporarly game gonna be playable and fair. Keep like that.

Kingslaughter
10-14-2014, 12:41 PM
Yaayy..thanks for the grimm egg by token, btw Do we need plat to open greater halloween pumpkin chest??

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Its free of charge!

Paulnaj
10-14-2014, 12:45 PM
The question about those pets are, are they bound or theyll give it as egg?

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 12:48 PM
I dunno but If the pets are bond, its good
If they arent bond, its good.

Its a win win situation we players got here. Dont you think? :)

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Holy macaroli, 1100 tokens.

radagan
10-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Lol that token grimm isnt awesome

hozukreti
10-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Thanks sts! If really non-plat to use in this halloween event..i still doubt about this..shocking..Christmas gift come early!

Arachnophobik
10-14-2014, 01:00 PM
I am sooooo excited for my first halloween here and possibly the best event yet! Tarloks was awesome but all the new things here is greeeeeeeaaat

Remember Me
10-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Guess what it takes to gather the ingredients and be on the LBs.

Energy. Guess what you buy energy with? Platinums.

Platinum users will always have an advantage but it shouldn't be this substantial...

I suggest make energy directly purchaseble through the store at a reasonable rate..

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 01:05 PM
I am just a bit scared about those bosses, if we get only helenas over there its gonna be hard to get 1100 tokens.

aarrgggggg
10-14-2014, 01:08 PM
Btw its still p2w.....lvl 41 myth weapons drop from upgraded chests.....
the lesser chests are purchasable with tokens......
tokens are purchasable with plat.......

In otherwords all the new myths will be coming from people who spend plat while sitting on the sidelines running no maps at all.........just like locks no difference

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM

In otherwords all the new myths will be coming from people who spend plat while sitting on the sidelines running no maps at all.........just like locks no difference

Negativism. Dont worry, be happy!

aarrgggggg
10-14-2014, 01:12 PM
Negativism. Dont worry, be happy!
Not negative.....just calling it like i see it, i call it realism

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 01:13 PM

farm you tokens. If you invest time you can have your craft slots working 24/7.
Of course if you want things to be faster you can buy kits with gold or plat.

You should know already. >.<

aarrgggggg
10-14-2014, 01:14 PM
farm you tokens. If you invest time you can have your craft slots working 24/7.
Of course if you want things to be faster you can buy kits with gold or plat.

You should know already. >.<
Oh i know that, im just saying if im a plat spender i can open 100 greater chests 10 mins after event starts :P

Remember Me
10-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Oh i know that, im just saying if im a plat spender i can open 100 greater chests 10 mins after event starts :P

I think the wealth gap is too big here at the moment, the platters can open unlimited because they simply have the cash..

Well no nativex frauders left... Let's see how this turns out.

Amadorbibidor
10-14-2014, 01:43 PM
AL needs money to work. We can't ask to remove all platinum benefits, if not there would be no game. They maybe pay 2000$ monthly only for announcement and play store list. Everything needs money to keep working :)

Rhaindra
10-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Only one, need more crafting slot..
#halloween2014

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 02:51 PM
The greater pumpkin chests are free to open right?

Need a dev/mod confirm please

Yes, free to open

Thats how to do it!

falmear
10-14-2014, 03:17 PM
You can only earn tokens by using energy kits. So queue all of the rage threads because:

1) Costs too much (plat or gold) to buy energy kits to get enough tokens.
2) Can't earn enough tokens to get pet for free because of only 3 energy slots + crafting time of non-tradeable energy.

So there is no free lunch here. Energy kits have to be purchased by using plat, the more time you spend farming for free non-tradeable energy kits to craft, the less time you have to spend earning tokens. However for anyone who really wants a good pet, I wouldn't recommend Grimm. There are better options to put your hard earned gold towards.

Kakashis
10-14-2014, 03:32 PM
not that I'm doubting you, but where exactly is the original post? I follow quite closely but fail to find it anywhere in that thread

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 03:41 PM
If you want to put the players that pay for kits and the players that farm for kits on the same level, which is just like putting p2w=f2p on the same level, Whats the need of defining the too categories?
Call it "PLAY".

But there are two categories and they can be considered on opposite ends, due to goblin events, energy system and the fact lockeds were the only way to reach arcane and mythics we considered AL to be heavily p2w but now we are granted the chance to loot: the best weapons, good mythic/arcane pets for free.

what else do you want the mythic weapons directly in your inventory?

Looking back to the past i am satisfied with the current outcomes.

Samhayne
10-14-2014, 03:41 PM
You can only earn tokens by using energy kits. So queue all of the rage threads because:

1) Costs too much (plat or gold) to buy energy kits to get enough tokens.
2) Can't earn enough tokens to get pet for free because of only 3 energy slots + crafting time of non-tradeable energy.

So there is no free lunch here. Energy kits have to be purchased by using plat, the more time you spend farming for free non-tradeable energy kits to craft, the less time you have to spend earning tokens. However for anyone who really wants a good pet, I wouldn't recommend Grimm. There are better options to put your hard earned gold towards.

You can also obtain Energy through collecting energy essences and crafting your own Energy.

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 03:45 PM
not that I'm doubting you, but where exactly is the original post? I follow quite closely but fail to find it anywhere in that thread

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?180155-HUGE-Halloween-Event-Coming-Soon-to-Arcane-Legends!/page13

there you go scroll down it should be #258

falmear
10-14-2014, 03:53 PM
You can also obtain Energy through collecting energy essences and crafting your own Energy.

This is what I said in point #2. You only have 5 crafting slots plus I believe it takes 4 hours per slot to craft. And whatever time it takes to for you to farm these essences. And this farmed energy is not tradeable & not stashable unlike the the energy kit you buy with platinum. Whether its realistically achievable to earn enough tokens to get the pet for free over a 1 week time span, I don't know but given past experiences, I would say no. Unless you are willing to put a lot of gold towards buying energy kits from cs.

Samhayne
10-14-2014, 04:17 PM
This is what I said in point #2. You only have 5 crafting slots plus I believe it takes 4 hours per slot to craft. And whatever time it takes to for you to farm these essences. And this farmed energy is not tradeable & not stashable unlike the the energy kit you buy with platinum. Whether its realistically achievable to earn enough tokens to get the pet for free over a 1 week time span, I don't know but given past experiences, I would say no. Unless you are willing to put a lot of gold towards buying energy kits from cs.

As I understand it, if you have the time, it is possible over the course of the event to get yourself a shiney new Grimm egg as a free to play player.

Raregem
10-14-2014, 04:38 PM

I may be wrong but i think the event will be longer than a week. Last year it was 13 days (If I am remembering correctly Oct 22-nov 4 i think) With all the work they've put in it I feel like it will be at least 3 weeks like Ursoth.

I'd prefer not to have the energy too, but at least it's an option compared to the goblin event. I also think it takes 2 hours for the kits. I think the 4 was for the x2 lockeds. They have to make money and adding the grimm for tokens is a huge step up. We'll all just have to wait and see how it plays out. At least there is a real reason to run the event and collect the essences for energy this time. Last event all I wanted was the elo essences. What was the point of running the bosses with the token rewards, there wasn't one.

Ticklish
10-14-2014, 04:56 PM
I may be wrong but i think the event will be longer than a week. Last year it was 13 days (If I am remembering correctly Oct 22-nov 4 i think) With all the work they've put in it I feel like it will be at least 3 weeks like Ursoth.

I'd prefer not to have the energy too, but at least it's an option compared to the goblin event. I also think it takes 2 hours for the kits. I think the 4 was for the x2 lockeds. They have to make money and adding the grimm for tokens is a huge step up. We'll all just have to wait and see how it plays out. At least there is a real reason to run the event and collect the essences for energy this time. Last event all I wanted was the elo essences. What was the point of running the bosses with the token rewards, there wasn't one.

Yes I think that's why they're concentrating on token and tier rewards this time. We have yet to hear of craftable locked crates for this event. I am honestly not a fan of the new halloween weaps. We've been asking for better helms and armors, and there still are too many level 41 Elondrian weaps floating around. It's good that warriors are getting a better weapon option, but not after the Bulwark was buffed to glorious (and expensive) state and then nerfed back to useless. A lot of them lost gold from that fiasco, now it will be even less desirable due to the promise of a more powerful weap.

obee
10-14-2014, 04:57 PM
And this is why I'm coming back for Halloween. I'm ready to farm energy!

octavos
10-14-2014, 05:00 PM
err...ummm...yea...sorry clearing my throat,

(The fallowing is viewed by a new player or FTP player.)

well glad to see the 1st mythic obtainable by tokens...As a FTP player id work my reaaalllllllyy hard to earn him. in my video rampage a few days ago from EXTRACREDITS, I think its a nice direction to go. Finally, FTP players can earn a nice pet without having to spend a dime. Im not saying that the devs will lose money because of this, but having more players "feel entertained" will help promote STG as a better company. Things like this often and frequent will be fantastic. Im looking at the wider picture, and having players bale to spend there free time to earn items is what the game is about. Even for vet players like myself, this gives me something to do :)

(As a vet player looking at this)

Grimm is already in the AH, people should be able to fork up the gold and buy them. Bring him back will hurt the economy? maybe but theres already a few in AH to purchase without spending a dime and giving players some extra cash. If the mythic pet was a NEW one, that would be awesome, not a recycled pet re-released on this event. But still nice to see that grimm is back, but i would like to see him as a different color just like the re-release of vanities.

As I understand it, if you have the time, it is possible over the course of the event to get yourself a shinny new Grimm egg as a free to play player.

Time has never been stated...how long will it run?!?! because i'm with falmer, will a FTP player able to earn enough with tokens? because 1,100 is quite a bit. and kinda defeating its own purpose of being a *Free pet.

*limitations apply.

tankk
10-14-2014, 05:27 PM
1100 tokens doe...

Ticklish
10-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Hey, buying Grimm using tokens is an option guys. There are other farmable items. It's up to players to pick a goal of their choosing.

Xenobiotic
10-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Smells like I'm coming back :)

Raregem
10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Hey, buying Grimm using tokens is an option guys. There are other farmable items. It's up to players to pick a goal of their choosing.

Great point! First chance at a mythic pet without plat... we should be celebrating! They have actually made a great move here something positive.

I am surprised STS hasn't just deleted the whole forum with all the junk they have to deal with.

Kakashis
10-14-2014, 05:56 PM
This is by far the best event to date and I would like to thank STS for it! This is the first free mythic egg that free to play players can buy in the game which is totally awesome! And mythic weapons in the chests? WOW STS has really upped their game on this event! Blinky would be cool, but man, am I interested in that undead pig!!!

Xenobiotic
10-14-2014, 06:04 PM
err...ummm...yea...sorry clearing my throat,

(The fallowing is viewed by a new player or FTP player.)

well glad to see the 1st mythic obtainable by tokens...As a FTP player id work my reaaalllllllyy hard to earn him. in my video rampage a few days ago from EXTRACREDITS, I think its a nice direction to go. Finally, FTP players can earn a nice pet without having to spend a dime. Im not saying that the devs will lose money because of this, but having more players "feel entertained" will help promote STG as a better company. Things like this often and frequent will be fantastic. Im looking at the wider picture, and having players bale to spend there free time to earn items is what the game is about. Even for vet players like myself, this gives me something to do :)

(As a vet player looking at this)

Grimm is already in the AH, people should be able to fork up the gold and buy them. Bring him back will hurt the economy? maybe but theres already a few in AH to purchase without spending a dime and giving players some extra cash. If the mythic pet was a NEW one, that would be awesome, not a recycled pet re-released on this event. But still nice to see that grimm is back, but i would like to see him as a different color just like the re-release of vanities.

Time has never been stated...how long will it run?!?! because i'm with falmer, will a FTP player able to earn enough with tokens? because 1,100 is quite a bit. and kinda defeating its own purpose of being a *Free pet.

*limitations apply.

If you're determined you'll probably get it, STG hopefully won't make the event shorter than 2 weeks.

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 06:07 PM
For those saying this is not ok,

FTP=/=P2W==Advantages.

not just that the disadvantages of FTP related to PTW has been reduced to the essence of FTP: Time invested

Sakurahb
10-14-2014, 06:33 PM
We were all happy with the fossil in arena, anyone looted fossil there?
Why should I believe that the drop with these weapons will be different of the fossil?

The weapons will be in locked crates too i guess. ( not confirmed).

Amadorbibidor
10-15-2014, 12:03 AM
We were all happy with the fossil in arena, anyone looted fossil there?
Why should I believe that the drop with these weapons will be different of the fossil?

The weapons will be in locked crates too i guess. ( not confirmed).

Now I think better u could be right sakura :disillusionment:

Rare
10-15-2014, 06:19 AM
AL needs money to work. We can't ask to remove all platinum benefits, if not there would be no game. They maybe pay 2000$ monthly only for announcement and play store list. Everything needs money to keep working :)

Many many games have pay aspects that are not the sole way to obtain the best items in game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

obee
10-15-2014, 06:37 AM
If the mythics are in locks...

Hadec
10-15-2014, 06:56 AM
This is by far the best event to date and I would like to thank STS for it! This is the first free mythic egg that free to play players can buy in the game which is totally awesome! And mythic weapons in the chests? WOW STS has really upped their game on this event! Blinky would be cool, but man, am I interested in that undead pig!!!

Bro u forgot to mention this awesome new banner!!:D

Hadec
10-15-2014, 06:59 AM
If the mythics are in locks...

Will be normall lol...or maybr halloween lockd? 0.o

Gensin
10-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Drakeula is the New Helena.

Anarchist
10-15-2014, 09:13 AM
That guy robably has some hp drain skill to replenish his health.

But Helena wasnt strong. I mean her strongest attack was simple to evade and her health wasnt as high as everyone think.

Helena was strong cause of her minions. Watch out for the boss with minions using them to meat sheild all your aim shots. >.<

Ssneakykills
10-15-2014, 11:10 AM
I would love this event to go on for as long as the elo event did because their is so much to do and earn in this event

TheArcaneWolf
10-16-2014, 11:22 PM
I haven't been playing this game for so long, so I have a question about events. Can a player of any level participate in the event or is it just for endgame players?

regizakirs.rs
10-16-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm quite shocked and not to mention that STS is actually going to let us the non crate poppers have a legitimate chance at a mythic pet. I'm going to be honest Grimm may not be really good as some of the long time players have mentioned but, I'm satisfied with the option of working towards Grimm. It beats getting 2k,2k, 2k from the locked crates. I'm not falling for the mythics in the crates again, I'm still having 2k,2k, 2k nightmares. But thanks again STS keep up the good work[emoji12]