PDA

View Full Version : The new upcoming mythic weapons

Titanium
10-14-2014, 12:51 PM

This is unbelievable and I'm in deep shock. Most of us bought the Elondrian weapons for 20-25m and now you guys are planning to release mythic weapons from 2013 scaled to a new level. Everyone invested in bulwarks as well and with this announcement the price will decrease drastically, which means we lost a lot of gold because of this.

If i remember correctly, it took you 6 months to come with a mythic weapon and now we will have 2 weapons at the same level, but different stats? Is this a joke? For 9 months you couldnt release a mythic ring so it could balance out pvp, but instead you rerelease bonesaw, daggers and staff in level 41..

Can you guys make the lv 36 mythic weapons upgradeable for a new level?

Samaeldavisjr
10-14-2014, 12:54 PM
think about this.... You buy a brand new Porsche only to find out later a newer and better model came out? Would you scream and yell at Porsche that they screwed you? Come on man...
You would have to expect that Porsche will always be innovating and creating newer/better.?.?

Zeus
10-14-2014, 12:56 PM
think about this.... You buy a brand new Porsche only to find out later a newer and better model came out? Would you scream and yell at Porsche that they screwed you? Come on man...
And you would have to expect that Porsche will always be innovating and creating newer/better.?.?

If they released two new flagships in one year, yes, people would be irate. :D

Samaeldavisjr
10-14-2014, 01:00 PM

point taken. :)

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 01:01 PM
Market or Game?
Merchers or Players?
Economy or Fun?

I still like the news, F2P finally. While this decision might hurt some merch its gonna do good to the game.

FluffNStuff
10-14-2014, 01:05 PM

If they released a 911 Turbo, then a 911 Turbo ~plus~, people would be irate. If they released a 911 Turbo and a new Cayenne, then the people who like the sports car would be happy, the people who like the sporty SUV would be happy, and well .. the really rich people ... they would just get both. Wonder what you are going to do ;) [ :jealous: ]

Sorcerie
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Well it's not like the market will be flooded with these weapons.

For one, you have to craft the greater pumpkin chest which requires three lesser chest and who knows what other components. So that's already a deterent, not to mention the results of Elondrian weapons from Spirit chest during Ursoth's event, which were almost none to speak of. I think Ravagerx was one of the only people I heard of on forums who actually looted one. So as long as these aren't dropping from locked there won't be many to go around, if they do however, well -- GG, get your plats ready.

Zeus
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
If they released a 911 Turbo, then a 911 Turbo ~plus~, people would be irate. If they released a 911 Turbo and a new Cayenne, then the people who like the sports car would be happy, the people who like the sporty SUV would be happy, and well .. the really rich people ... they would just get both. Wonder what you are going to do ;) [ :jealous: ]

Yep, that's true. If the daggers beats bow in most categories though, then the bolded part of your post is true. Let us hope that is not the case. :D

@Ark
lethaljade also looted

Rare
10-14-2014, 01:11 PM
You would have to expect that Porsche will always be innovating and creating newer/better.?.?

Huge difference.

When a new Porche comes out, mine does not lose value because of it. Its still has the same performance as I'm not competing with other people with my car. The mythic weapons, such as the Bulwark, that people paid so much gold for have now lost a lot of value (not just gold, but utility). Even the other weapons may lose value depending on their counterparts.

aarrgggggg
Btw its still p2w.....lvl 41 myth weapons drop from upgraded chests.....
the lesser chests are purchasable with tokens......
tokens are purchasable with plat.......
essences are purchasable with plat......
In otherwords all the new myths will be coming from people who spend plat while sitting on the sidelines running no maps at all.........just like locks no difference

Sorcerie
Lol, ok so two. zzz

Point still stands >_>;;

Candylicks
Wait what is the mage mythic weapon?

Remember Me
10-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Well at l36 glaive was pretty good, but at l41 it will probably be the best. Which leads me to believe that the elondrians weapons were a waste?

Either or one group of customers will be angry either the elond owners or the new owners.

Just don't release them....

Rare
10-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Btw its still p2w.....lvl 41 myth weapons drop from upgraded chests.....
the lesser chests are purchasable with tokens......
tokens are purchasable with plat.......

In otherwords all the new myths will be coming from people who spend plat while sitting on the sidelines running no maps at all.........just like locks no difference

"crafting element"

Candylicks
10-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Snitches for AFK farming, sheesh...

Sorcerie
10-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Wait what is the mage mythic weapon?Same as last years one, Ghastly Sycthe of Force, only lvl 41

FluffNStuff
10-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Yep, that's true. If the daggers beats bow in most categories though, then the bolded part of your post is true. Let us hope that is not the case. :D

@Ark
lethaljade also looted

Well, the warrior is easy, since the 2014 Porsche 911 will be better then the 2014 Porsche Lemon.
For Smurfs, they were not fans of the small engine in the 2013 Porsche Boxer despite the better handling so they will most likely avoid the 2014 Boxer in favor of their current 2014 911 Turbo.
Rogues. The 2013 Boxer did have the best options of any vehicle. And it did have amazing speed and power. If the 2014 911 has less power then the 2014 Boxer then 911 purists like me may be the only ones driving it. But I won't complain, as long as they also release a new 2015 911 with the ~next~ Boxer.

Zeus
10-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Well, the warrior is easy, since the 2014 Porsche 911 will be better then the 2014 Porsche Lemon.
For Smurfs, they were not fans of the small engine in the 2013 Porsche Boxer despite the better handling so they will most likely avoid the 2014 Boxer in favor of their current 2014 911 Turbo.
Rogues. The 2013 Boxer did have the best options of any vehicle. And it did have amazing speed and power. If the 2014 911 has less power then the 2014 Boxer then 911 purists like me may be the only ones driving it. But I won't complain, as long as they also release a new 2015 911 with the ~next~ Boxer.

The analogies!!! <3

FluffNStuff
10-14-2014, 01:50 PM
The analogies!!! <3

Once weapons were compared to cars, I couldn't stop thinking with the number of recalls on the bulwark it should be subject to lemon laws by now.

notfaded1
10-14-2014, 01:51 PM
WAIT... but you need the vials of purple Nekro powder as a crafting ingredient only available in locked crates o.O with arcane drop rate!

Kakashis
10-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Yay! 41 nightmarish dags!

noahgoulin
10-14-2014, 02:01 PM

This is unbelievable and I'm in deep shock. Most of us bought the Elondrian weapons for 20-25m and now you guys are planning to release mythic weapons from 2013 scaled to a new level. Everyone invested in bulwarks as well and with this announcement the price will decrease drastically, which means we lost a lot of gold because of this.

If i remember correctly, it took you 6 months to come with a mythic weapon and now we will have 2 weapons at the same level, but different stats? Is this a joke? For 9 months you couldnt release a mythic ring so it could balance out pvp, but instead you rerelease bonesaw, daggers and staff in level 41..

Can you guys make the lv 36 mythic weapons upgradeable for a new level?

Nice ;)

aarrgggggg
10-14-2014, 02:31 PM
"crafting element"
essences im sure.....also purchasable with plat

Rare
10-14-2014, 02:31 PM
essences im sure.....also purchasable with plat

They weren't in ursoth

Titanium
10-14-2014, 03:58 PM

Gf lol !

Zeus
10-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Lel, gg.

Anarchist
10-14-2014, 04:04 PM

gf lol !

cheap.

aarrgggggg
10-14-2014, 04:58 PM

Gf lol !
Mine might not be the cheapest but it has something the others dont.......

Swag :P

obee
10-14-2014, 05:01 PM
Ghastly scythe.

aarrgggggg
10-14-2014, 05:07 PM
something i just noticed is on the announcements it says scaled to higher levels....does this mean its possible for them to be lvl 37-41 depending upon the level of the toon that loots it???????>

Kakashis
10-14-2014, 06:08 PM
something i just noticed is on the announcements it says scaled to higher levels....does this mean its possible for them to be lvl 37-41 depending upon the level of the toon that loots it???????>

I'm sure they'll be a solid 41

tearacan
10-14-2014, 06:34 PM

My mage can't reach the pedals :(

But more options, more choice. Sts always said they wanted more divercity. Even after the last cap raise they said they would release gear in stages, how is this different?

Ebezaanec
10-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Think about this. I do not see anyone complaining about being overpowered when they used their no longer discontinued weapon.

Now, my question is: How do you derive value from a piece of equipment? Rarity or practical usage? The weapon was useful to you, I guarantee that. It boosted your stats, made elite easier, and made you a force to be reckoned with in PvP.

Players who currently own the weapons have enjoyed dominance for a while. Yes, your weapon's market value will drop, but it's inevitable.

FluffNStuff
10-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Think about this. I do not see anyone complaining about being overpowered when they used their no longer discontinued weapon.

Now, my question is: How do you derive value from a piece of equipment? Rarity or practical usage? The weapon was useful to you, I guarantee that. It boosted your stats, made elite easier, and made you a force to be reckoned with in PvP.

Players who currently own the weapons have enjoyed dominance for a while. Yes, your weapon's market value will drop, but it's inevitable.

The issue is the market has become a game of hot potato. Get caught holding it when the timer runs out and you can 'lose' upwards of 10 million gold. The reason for that is this game has the "best" and the "rest". The "best" is massively expensive, but when if becomes the "second best", its price goes down to in line with the "rest".
Players do know this, which is causing even more instability. Now, as soon as a new item threatens the best, the price starts to adjust out of fear. If the new item fails to meet the hype (see Singe effect on Sam for perfect example), the price goes back up, but that is after the market took the massive hit.

Legallyblonde
10-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Can they just release halloween variants of the elondrian weapons like everyone wanted?

Idk why sts made the decision to bring back the 2013 weapons.

falmear
10-14-2014, 07:35 PM
http://bluebellpwm.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Riding-the-Stock-Market-roller-Coaster-pic2.jpg

Xpolosion
10-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Lol

Raselph
10-14-2014, 09:48 PM

scythe...

Raselph
10-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Mine might not be the cheapest but it has something the others dont.......

Swag :P

cuz u are a nub remember dat

Instanthumor
10-14-2014, 11:18 PM
GG mages. Sts, just turn us into a pet already. Lv36 bonesaw already OP... doesn't need buff.

Lv41 mythic staff? Lol@kershal, lol@staffs -9000

Fix mage class first, we should be priority.

Zeus
10-14-2014, 11:42 PM
GG mages. Sts, just turn us into a pet already. Lv36 bonesaw already OP... doesn't need buff.

Instant,

Sorcerers are weak. Weapons are not OP! If you confuse the two, developers might nerf weapons instead of fixing balance issues. Remember bulwark?

It's better to get the class itself fixed.

Xeusx
10-14-2014, 11:55 PM
GG. With level 41 glaive, warrior have more armor and DPS.

Instanthumor
10-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Instant,

Sorcerers are weak. Weapons are not OP! If you confuse the two, developers might nerf weapons instead of fixing balance issues. Remember bulwark?

It's better to get the class itself fixed.

Giving warriors a better weapon makes sorcerers weaker, but yes, mages need buff.

Serancha
10-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Erm...it says scaled to higher levels. It does not say level 41. If I were a guessing person, I would suspect that the 2013 mythic weapons will be like elite weapons of past seasons and only go up to level 40. Also, we don't know how well they are going to be scaled as compared to the 2014 mythics weapons. Until we get more information, it's all just speculation.

Instanthumor
10-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Erm...it says scaled to higher levels. It does not say level 41. If I were a guessing person, I would suspect that the 2013 mythic weapons will be like elite weapons of past seasons and only go up to level 40. Also, we don't know how well they are going to be scaled as compared to the 2014 mythics weapons. Until we get more information, it's all just speculation.

Either way, it says they're going to be scaled UP... The bonesaw right now is great as a mythic from 2 seasons ago... Either 40 or 41, it'll make a difference

SacredKnight
10-15-2014, 12:36 AM
TBH, I think this is a huge step up for STS! So far we haven't heard a word about the locks but, that being said, I have quite a few of them and I would like a craftable combination lock to sell/hoard because IMO Elites is quite dead. The fact that Grimm is token purchase able is HUGE! But the fact remains, tokens are purchase able for plat and I can't quite remember how many tokens you can get with plat, most won't see where I am going here so I rather not continue this speculation.

Another note, the fact that STS practically re scaled Mythic Weapons is kinda of a disappointment, I hoped that they would have Halloween Elondrian weps or at least something more interesting! Not just re leveled old weps!

rhomjhie
10-15-2014, 12:40 AM
LVL 41 myth daggers will now be OP since it gives a large health boost.
as of now ! player with (mythic set and legend bow) can kill a (mythic set with mythic bow with samael) but when the lvl 41 myth dagger release, rouge with myth dagger + mythic set will be so OP because of 4000+ hp

Instanthumor
10-15-2014, 12:43 AM
TBH, I think this is a huge step up for STS! So far we haven't heard a word about the locks but, that being said, I have quite a few of them and I would like a craftable combination lock to sell/hoard because IMO Elites is quite dead. The fact that Grimm is token purchase able is HUGE! But the fact remains, tokens are purchase able for plat and I can't quite remember how many tokens you can get with plat, most won't see where I am going here so I rather not continue this speculation.

Another note, the fact that STS practically re scaled Mythic Weapons is kinda of a disappointment, I hoped that they would have Halloween Elondrian weps or at least something more interesting! Not just re leveled old weps!

How is making Grimm purchaseable with tokens huge? If I recall from the other thread correctly, Grimm eggs are 1100 tokens. Last event, I beleive it was 50 elondrian tokens for 25 plat... So if you do the math, if we were to purchase tokens with plat, then purchase Grimm, we'd be paying over 600 plat lmao

FluffNStuff
10-15-2014, 01:08 AM

The Level 36 Myth Daggers had more damage then the level 31 Myth Bow. Frustrating, but 36 is higher then 31. The 36 Myth Daggers have almost as much damage as the 41 Legend Bow. Hmm, well, one is a Mythic.
Now, if the Level 41 Mythic Daggers have more, or even close to the same amount of damage as the Level 41 Mythic Bow, well ...

Serancha
10-15-2014, 01:26 AM
The Level 36 Myth Daggers had more damage then the level 31 Myth Bow. Frustrating, but 36 is higher then 31. The 36 Myth Daggers have almost as much damage as the 41 Legend Bow. Hmm, well, one is a Mythic.
Now, if the Level 41 Mythic Daggers have more, or even close to the same amount of damage as the Level 41 Mythic Bow, well ...

The "if" game is so much fun, isn't it.

I'm not getting worked up until I see numbers. As in actual levels and specific stats.

Instanthumor
10-15-2014, 02:01 AM

I highly doubt daggers will have more skill damage than the bow.

falmear
10-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Why would anyone spend plat on weapons that are worse? Yes let's wait but not fool ourselves into thinking that these weapons won't be competitive. With the exception of mythic staff as it was garbage before. And it will still be garbage.

Morholt
10-15-2014, 02:07 AM
Lvl 31 mythic bow is a lvl 36 legendary bow. Lvl 36 mythic daggers are lvl 41 legendary daggers.
I 41 magma daggers are higher damage than a lvl 36 devourer bow.

36 legendary daggers are nearly same damage as the 36 bows.
41 legendary daggers are nearly same damage as the 41 bows.

Lvl 41 mythic daggers and bow are lvl 46 legendaries.
Why would they all of a sudden change the pattern in place?

The daggers will do slightly less damage than the bow. The daggers will have insane dps.
The bow will shoot single targets from afar.
The daggers can hit multiple up close targets.

The daggers will be daggers.
The bow will be a bow.

What is the confusion everyone is having? The fact that they're mythic, they're all of a sudden not daggers and a bow?

Tbh, the myth bow seems underwhelming in terms of expected numbers. I feel like it was intentional, as it was to deflect from the class imbalances (rogues hitting absurdly hard without the bow to begin with).
As a result, the 41 daggers have little improvement room from the 36 daggers. They'll likely have the same fate of Hooks--a large dps number upgrade, but not much for the damage number.
That is, unless sts buffs the bow to its proper damage...

SacredKnight
10-15-2014, 02:17 AM
How is making Grimm purchaseable with tokens huge? If I recall from the other thread correctly, Grimm eggs are 1100 tokens. Last event, I beleive it was 50 elondrian tokens for 25 plat... So if you do the math, if we were to purchase tokens with plat, then purchase Grimm, we'd be paying over 600 plat lmao

Lmao, I literally forgot what the plat to tokens conversion rate was >.<

But that being said, it's the first time they made a Mythic Item free to get like this, right? ( Dragonite Bar? Pffft, that thing was so time consuming and hard to sell the loot you get from the Elite Bosses was more efficient to earn gold from ). Thinking purely on the basis that a F2P player will have time and not money they can spend time earning tokens for Grimm.

I will probably try to save tokens on one toon for the Grimm egg, also I doubt that they will introduce a Plat version for Grimm seeing as they will only lose money. Now, I highly doubt anyone will pay 600 plat for Grimm considering all the other layers of Plat > Gold conversion systems so Grimm would probably be a pet increase in Market price due to this!

All in all though, until the event is out and done and gone we can never really create substantial and concrete conclusions on the market.

Haligali
10-15-2014, 02:50 AM
I lost around 20m last season on kershal, i wonder how people can cry for a few mill gold lost on bulwark. :confused:

Avshow
10-15-2014, 02:55 AM
Hali~~~~~

I lost around 20m last season on kershal, i wonder how people can cry for a few mill gold lost on bulwark. :confused:

Ravager
10-15-2014, 03:13 AM

We dont know the conversion rates and the tokens per each boss yet.

Instanthumor
10-15-2014, 03:16 AM
We dont know the conversion rates and the tokens per each boss yet.

We do know that the max tokens we can carry is 1000 lol... This Grimm is 1100, gg

Nevhok
10-15-2014, 03:33 AM

Im loosing some milion for this sts idea.. The difference is that ur rich with 100m+ And u will continue to be rich, if i loose 5m i will become poor, lile other people that invest in these weaps that now r junks

Haligali
10-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Im loosing some milion for this sts idea.. The difference is that ur rich with 100m+ And u will continue to be rich, if i loose 5m i will become poor, lile other people that invest in these weaps that now r junks

Wish i had 100m+

Sounds like a merchant for me, invest in weapons? I rather use them and not trying to see as an 'investment'.

Nevhok
10-15-2014, 03:46 AM
Im talking to merch ofc, and maybe people lile dont want see their weap go down in price of 3-4m in 1 week

Idly
10-15-2014, 03:55 AM
Im talking to merch ofc, and maybe people lile dont want see their weap go down in price of 3-4m in 1 week

Prices are always up and down, lets not forget that on release and for a considerable time after the bulwark was only 4m!

SacredKnight
10-15-2014, 03:57 AM
We do know that the max tokens we can carry is 1000 lol... This Grimm is 1100, gg

Lol, max token increase to 1100? It's going to be a long haul, that's for sure..

Titanium
10-15-2014, 04:33 AM

Say what?

Haligali
10-15-2014, 04:37 AM
That bow doesnt look legendary.

Anarchist
10-15-2014, 05:26 AM

Say what?

#Halloween.
#Speculations2014

Robhawk
10-15-2014, 06:24 AM

I dont think the Lvl41 mythic staff will be any better then the L36 arcane staff, except the procs, haha! :D

InternetExplorer
10-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Then STS will cancel their first statement of mythic weapons "scaled to higher level " release in the coming hours. LOL They will say, they need to reassess the impact of these new mythic weapons and will be released in a later date :)

Serancha
10-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Lol, max token increase to 1100? It's going to be a long haul, that's for sure..

Max tokens was 1000 last time. We don't know what it will be this time.

aarrgggggg
10-15-2014, 03:53 PM
cuz u are a nub remember dat
How's it feel 2 be kicked by a noob?
Being a noob is better than being a leech IMO

Dill1sHere
10-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Guys! Take a look at this.
I personally think the stats will be the same as the elo weapons...
They will just be re-skinned like the last halloween weapons!

Idly
10-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Based on a basic scaling calculation this is what the 41 versions should look like.

Bonesaw: 131.9 DPS
51.3 STR 10.3 DEX 20.5 INT
4.89% CRIT 133 ARMOR
Chance to proc +40 STR

Ghastly scythe: 191.9 DPS
22.7 STR 12.5 DEX 54.6 INT
4.05% CRIT 47 ARMOR
Chance to proc +40 INT

Nightmarish daggers: 194.6 DPS
28.5 STR 60.4 DEX 15.9 INT
4.69% CRIT
Chance to proc +40 DEX

all I did was divide by 36 and then multiply by 41 but it should be somewhere near these stats I guess.

Ebezaanec
10-15-2014, 05:21 PM
The weapons could be L40. From prior seasons, older weapons scaled to one lvl below the cap.

Franocazzzo
10-15-2014, 05:35 PM
For?

Titanium
10-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Kinda sad tha STS couldn't fix the stats of bulwarks after 1000 nerfs and 1000 buffs and now they are releasing pure dps weapons.

Seen so many people making panic sales. I'm asking myself what if 2013 mythic weapons scaled to a new level came before elondrian mythic weapons. That would be intresting to see how the market was supposed to look.

Everyone has been damaged more or less but this unfourtunate descission.

Titanium
10-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Why they didn't reskin the current lv41 weapons and they made a different release. And far from what i understood the new weapons are only for lv 41. SO GG !

Not filling the gap between mythics lv 30-36 and endgame but instead another pair of weapons same level as the current ones to make everything more unbalance than already is.

Serancha
10-15-2014, 09:52 PM
I just hope the drop rate isn't fossil-like. But I do think it's a good idea, since it gives people options on dps vs damage weapons. Also the new ones should retain value better than the Elondrian ones, since those flooded the market due to plat farmers.

But again, it all depends on the scaling and stats, which we have no information on yet.

Zylx
10-15-2014, 10:00 PM
I just hope the drop rate isn't fossil-like. But I do think it's a good idea, since it gives people options on dps vs damage weapons. Also the new ones should retain value better than the Elondrian ones, since those flooded the market due to plat farmers.

But again, it all depends on the scaling and stats, which we have no information on yet.

Elond mythics were lootable in Elondrian Crates, yet these mythics are lootable in the greater event chests, so that comparison doesnt hold any validity. Depending on the loot rate, there could be less, equal, or greater than the number of elond mythics minus the elond mythics that sit in banned plat-farming accounts :).

That is unless the new mythics will also be lootable in locked crates or any variation of them.

Serancha
10-15-2014, 10:01 PM
Elond mythics were lootable in Elondrian Crates, yet these mythics are lootable in the greater event chests, so that comparison doesnt hold any validity. Depending on the loot rate, there could be less, equal, or greater than the number of elond mythics minus the elond mythics that sit in banned plat-farming accounts :).

That is unless the new mythics will also be lootable in locked crates or any variation of them.

It depends largely on the drop frequency of the new mythics. However, we have not got plat farmers now so they won't be spamming crafting speed-ups and flooding the market, devaluing everything.

Midievalmodel
10-15-2014, 11:19 PM
People are still trying to sell their Elondrian Crates so it makes no sense why STS would release new weapons before we even know how many Elondrian weapons the market is going to end up with. In addition, we still haven't been able to find a balance in PVP between the classes and, separately, the bulwark. How is the release of new weapons going to help out anything right now other than add more confusion and imbalance? What we need really badly is a mythic ring which I thought for sure would be coming as a teaser.

On another note, let's face it, the market is already trashed. There's nothing to farm and it's very risky to merch because the prices fluctuate when STS makes an announcement as if they're the federal reserve speaking. Some people get lucky and make millions over night others lose millions all based on bad timing. If STS wants to see this game make it another year, they will need to clean things up and replace all of the garbage in the locked crates so that farmers can farm and new players can advance (which now they're staying idle).

It's just a bad decision IMO. Anyone in the market for a mythic weapon, would have already purchased one or started opening crates (which are selling very slowly). If they want to make money and make people excited again, they'll ditch the new weapons and replace the contents of the crates. Event to event is not the way to keep people excited and playing daily.

Well said. The excitement of arcane legends just went downhill after this "staggered" release of gear and "event" based updates. All it did was put a band-aid over the problem that all started with allowing updating of mythic armor and helm. People log on and play for 2 weeks and then log off till next event. Its utterly frustrating to watch this. Its like a watching a train wreck happen in front of your eyes. The next biggest mistake was not continually coming out with new and better gear to drive people to ditch their old gear and farm/buy new gear. Also not putting new mythic gear and arcane eggs in normal locked but instead putting them in special event locked is a bad move. You want constant opening of locked chests....not just special event locked chests. Right now no one is opening normal locked chests because its not worth it at all. Now people wont even open elondrian locked chests either because stg came out with this news about scaling up old mythic weapons.

shatrio
10-15-2014, 11:54 PM
They should make a new mityc ring, is not new weapon

Eski
10-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Sts is on the best way to kill Al with stuff like this.. Bringing back old mythics sccaled to the level cap is far away from clever

Anarchist
10-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Sts is on the best way to kill Al with stuff like this.. Bringing back old mythics sccaled to the level cap is far away from clever

Why and How?

Titanium
10-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Why and How?

Warrior class suffered some drastic changes. One week ago they had the perfect weapon ( bulwark ) at the moment bulwark is nerfed ( because it was bugged ) and now they are waiting for the buff that was promised to come this week. Price of bulwark will decrease even with a good buff.

Also bonesaw/glaive users found out that their weapon is almost useless since their weapon is going to be scaled to level 41.

So GG.

Market is in a big whole right now. Are items that costs 130m and other items that we didn't need them at all ( scaled halloween mythic weapons ) which are ruining the price of all mythic weapons.

Titanium
10-16-2014, 10:56 AM
I do remember some of their decissions that made everyone lose golds. It's not funny to gain golds then lose golds cause of announcement that you read on forum. It's our time in game spent. They should decide very carefully what they are going to release and if it helps their users not only mess everything up.

I do remember when they suggested that arcane hooks are going to be scaled. Hooks costed 15m. Nothing happend of course.

First announcement of Nekro. When Singe's price was up on the sky... few days later they replaced Singe with arcane fossil.

Anarchist
10-16-2014, 12:02 PM
sec sec stop...don't generalize lets face this event and the decisions taking to enlarge new mythics in chest you can open for free.

I wasn't clear earlier so i reformulate the question.
Why and how will the decision to bring new weapons in free crates hurt the game? i agree some past decisions weren't correct at all so leave them out.

Titanium
10-16-2014, 12:21 PM
sec sec stop...don't generalize lets face this event and the decisions taking to enlarge new mythics in chest you can open for free.

I wasn't clear earlier so i reformulate the question.
Why and how will the decision to bring new weapons in free crates hurt the game? i agree some past decisions weren't correct at all so leave them out.

I just told you why. Already hurted the market. If somebody gained enough golds to buy a mythic weapon and he/she paid for it 25m ( elon bow ) and 12hrs later he/she finds out that is going to be a new weapon different than what the persons owns then what? Everyone has enough reasons to say that they were damaged.

Free crates? You have to spend energy kits to get those lesser crates to craft into a greater chest ( also you need a recipe ). Is not like you go alone in brack and you are going to loot a crate then poof mythic weapon in your face.

notfaded1
10-16-2014, 12:54 PM
Bring on the new Mythic Daggers!!! I'm ready for some 1600 DPS dagger action!!! Huhu!

Kakashis
10-16-2014, 01:07 PM
Weapons will become outdated and it usually happens overnight. Learned my lesson with my op hooks one day, and then mythic daggers one week after hooks just got buffed. I feel everyone's pain of losing tons of gold on equipments, and that's why I've always warned against it as well as invest in the best pets instead. Elon bow will still be the highest damage, Elon gun will still be awesome, the bulwark they'll probably buff it a little!

Anarchist
10-16-2014, 01:37 PM
I just told you why. Already hurted the market. If somebody gained enough golds to buy a mythic weapon and he/she paid for it 25m ( elon bow ) and 12hrs later he/she finds out that is going to be a new weapon different than what the persons owns then what? Everyone has enough reasons to say that they were damaged.

Variety and improvement. Nothing last forever and those mythics are a couple of seasons old. Some where released when i started playing.

Forum been crying for f2p contents and it was granted. What do your prefer elondrian bows in this greater pumpkin chest or alternative mythics that:
#1. Offers a variety in terms of build
#2. Will have a different market compared to the E bows
#3. Players that have no access whatsoever to plat are granted the possibility to loot a mythic directly by themselves.

Free crates? You have to spend energy kits to get those lesser crates to craft into a greater chest ( also you need a recipe ). Is not like you go alone in brack and you are going to loot a crate then poof mythic weapon in your face.
You can loot everything you mentioned by farming essence. There are forged energy kits for this purpose if you put effort and time you can pile up a good number of greater pumpkins to try your luck with without spending a cent.

Economically:
Yes maybe this might hurt our poor merchers that invested gold to hoard some E. bows. This might also hurt the wars with bulwarks but CAREFUL not to categorize everything cause Bulwark is a weapon on its own which is still undergoing revision and its purpose are completely different from the glaive's.
Please also remember market fluctuation consist of ups and downs, sts decisions sometimes in the past have made prices go up and you made gold and sometimes have made them go down and you lost gold.

Generally:
This event as it currently is programmed is exactly what AL needed to get that breath of life we have been waiting for so long.

Conclusion:

I am one of the ones always against sts decisions, and that guy never happy about anything they do but this time i am. Everything seems good and what AL needed: valuable stuff not exclusively plat based.

ChillyPepper
10-16-2014, 03:07 PM
idk why sts made the decision to bring back the 2013 weapons.

Too lazy to think of new designs...

ChillyPepper
10-16-2014, 03:14 PM
[emoji24] [emoji30] [emoji31] [emoji26]

ChillyPepper
10-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Event to event is not the way to keep people excited and playing daily.

I bet i am not the only one that mostly plays during the events and wheb theres no event just go on to chat... [emoji53] thats how fun this has became... i am twink but i dont see any reason to lvl up ~elites are dead

Maxcd
10-16-2014, 04:20 PM
An investment isn't going to always workout. This was one time that it didn't. Things will deflate in value overtime. This is the time that some weapons lose value. It didn't have to happen now, but Elondian mythics were going to lose value sooner or later, its inevitable.

aarrgggggg
10-16-2014, 04:29 PM
The real question is.....what is the droprate like from these FREE chests?
If its anything like fossil in arena i think the entire arlor population will facepalm.

Time will tell

.no
10-16-2014, 09:31 PM
To op-lol, this is arcane legends, it's normal

andyz.yuta
10-16-2014, 10:01 PM
Well it's not like the market will be flooded with these weapons.

For one, you have to craft the greater pumpkin chest which requires three lesser chest and who knows what other components. So that's already a deterent, not to mention the results of Elondrian weapons from Spirit chest during Ursoth's event, which were almost none to speak of. I think Ravagerx was one of the only people I heard of on forums who actually looted one. So as long as these aren't dropping from locked there won't be many to go around, if they do however, well -- GG, get your plats ready.
i start since ursoth event , i looted mythic banner from chest drop from ursoth .. is that mean i looted a mythic item ? and i ask those pro how much i can sell mythic banner(still noob) [emoji4]

andyz.yuta
10-16-2014, 10:14 PM
higher is not highest

Robhawk
10-17-2014, 03:01 AM
Perhaps STS tries to get rid of a lot of plat abuser-gold in the economy with a lot of confusion... That plan seems to work pretty well, gold burned every second! :D

perfect bonesaw for 5M? LOL
When i had gold enough id stack them up to the day STS says: There wont be scaled L41 mythics, haha! Then id get a cheap arcane ring from all the broke players wanting the weapon back! :D

Speedofsound
10-17-2014, 04:26 AM
Considering the level 36 daggs already give more hp and 4% more crit than the level 41 mythic bow. It is a no brainer for a pvp rogue to take the upcoming level 41 daggs over the level 41 mythic bow.

Thrindal
10-17-2014, 12:40 PM
Perhaps STS tries to get rid of a lot of plat abuser-gold in the economy with a lot of confusion... That plan seems to work pretty well, gold burned every second! :D

perfect bonesaw for 5M? LOL
When i had gold enough id stack them up to the day STS says: There wont be scaled L41 mythics, haha! Then id get a cheap arcane ring from all the broke players wanting the weapon back! :D
Well just to clarify this does not remove any gold from the economy with the exception of cs listing fees if you go that route. All this does is redistribute the gold. Plat farmers did major harm to the economy no doubt and we do need a real gold sink to begin repairing the damage but Mr. Gold is not the 'complete' answer.

I for one love the dueling mythics it will give more build choices so we aren't all geared the same. Once mythic armor becomes obsolete the game will be better off.

spimeslam
10-17-2014, 12:57 PM
My issue with this is that there will be 2 types of weapons for each class and one of each class weapon obviously will be pegged as the lesser desired. Also this would be like them coming out and saying mythic armor will upgrade to 46 price would go up like crazy for myth armors and magma/ursoth gears would be devalued just like mythic weapons from ursoths did after they said old mythic will be scaled. Might as well let mythic armor upgrade (with different skin) so we can all be playing the same exact game for 2 more seasons :-S

Remiem
10-20-2014, 02:40 PM
Hey guys, great feedback from everyone. Thank you! I am seeing both pros and cons to newly scaled mythic weapons. Trust us, as with all new game content, we will monitor the reception carefully. We encourage you to try them out and let us know what you think. Our goal is to give you more great end-game gear choices, not make your other hard-earned gear obsolete.

Anarchist
10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Leak some stats Remiem..

Kakashis
10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Hey guys, great feedback from everyone. Thank you! I am seeing both pros and cons to newly scaled mythic weapons. Trust us, as with all new game content, we will monitor the reception carefully. We encourage you to try them out and let us know what you think. Our goal is to give you more great end-game gear choices, not make your other hard-earned gear obsolete.

Can we get some stats on the new weapons as well as some more info on whether they'll be available from locked crates?

Eski
10-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Rem.. Im sorry to say that but making old gear to top gear again u dont make any good choices ..and u will make them obsolete ..if not.. Im sorry

Eski
10-20-2014, 03:08 PM
Rem.. Im sorry to say that but making old gear to top gear again u dont make any good choices ..and u will make them obsolete ..if not.. Im sorry
Let us see the stats.. But ..itll wont change the point in that its a bad choice to make those scaled up mythics

Anarchist
10-20-2014, 03:15 PM
Let us see the stats.. But ..itll wont change the point in that its a bad choice to make those scaled up mythics

Can i ask why its a bad choice?

Watchman
10-20-2014, 03:33 PM
That was last event, which means max amount will be more than 1000 this time. Simple.

aarrgggggg
10-20-2014, 05:27 PM
The real question is.....what is the droprate like from these FREE chests?
If its anything like fossil in arena i think the entire arlor population will facepalm.

Time will tell

^^^THIS^^^

Kingofninjas
10-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Considering the level 36 daggs already give more hp and 4% more crit than the level 41 mythic bow. It is a no brainer for a pvp rogue to take the upcoming level 41 daggs over the level 41 mythic bow.
All depends on the damage difference. Ideally, I would place that number at 30-40 but who knows? Could be 10 or 70 too. But yes, if the damage difference was not too significant, I would definitely take daggers over the bow.

Another thing that I would like to point out is that this helps the arcane ring users more than anyone else. With an arcane ring they already have more than enough damage to 1 hit most rogues and pretty much all mages (even with legendary bow I think). Now, majority of them will be swapping the elond bow for mythic daggers that give them a 200 health boost and 4-5% crit boost as well. We are now looking at rogues with 4.5-5k health and 40-45 crit.

Bye the way GG ALL SMURFS. I think now is the time to sell your gear and start building a tank or rogue.

Pandorix
10-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Tep is QQing...why im not suprised ? :D

Titanium
10-20-2014, 08:05 PM

Pandorela , stop bullying people in warcraft.

alt+q+q ahaha !

Avshow
10-20-2014, 08:24 PM
what is "QQing"

Ticklish
10-20-2014, 08:31 PM
what is "QQing"

Crying? Lol I want to know for sure too! :)

will0
10-20-2014, 08:33 PM
please scale and buff mage candy bar too then...

Raselph
10-21-2014, 08:09 AM
Can i ask why its a bad choice?

allow me to demonstrate ,

we have already gotten elondrian weapons way better than any we have had yet,

and if:

these new weapons over rule our elondrian weapons??

simple elondrian guns and items lose popularity, this would CRASH THE ENTIRE WEAPONS MARKET...

Titanium
10-21-2014, 08:42 AM
what is "QQing"

Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes.

In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
"Shut up or QQ!"
"Why don't you QQ, noob?"

Source: urbandictionary.com

Speedofsound
10-21-2014, 08:49 AM
All depends on the damage difference. Ideally, I would place that number at 30-40 but who knows? Could be 10 or 70 too. But yes, if the damage difference was not too significant, I would definitely take daggers over the bow.

Another thing that I would like to point out is that this helps the arcane ring users more than anyone else. With an arcane ring they already have more than enough damage to 1 hit most rogues and pretty much all mages (even with legendary bow I think). Now, majority of them will be swapping the elond bow for mythic daggers that give them a 200 health boost and 4-5% crit boost as well. We are now looking at rogues with 4.5-5k health and 40-45 crit.

Bye the way GG ALL SMURFS. I think now is the time to sell your gear and start building a tank or rogue.
If level 36 daggers are a 70 so damage difference (i believe) there is absolutely no reason the level 41 daggs will have that much of a difference from the bow.