PDA

View Full Version : Archon rings vs Talisman vs Mythic ring ?

Alexis Vicente
10-15-2014, 12:08 AM
Can u post there stats thank u sorry for the english :)

SacredKnight
10-15-2014, 01:09 AM
For starters the Talisman is an Amulet, not a ring thus comparison upon the others will produce inconclusive data. With Archon Ring VS Mythic ring I would suggest the the Archon ring for the mage due to near stats and cost effectiveness. I apologise for not being able to say which particular Archon but you can simply scroll through and find the best one.

Robhawk
10-15-2014, 06:13 AM
Perfect blood ruby of shuyal = 30 STR, 30 DEX, 45 INT & 3.6DMG
Perfect Archon Ring of Brutality = 22 STR, 56 INT, 3.0 DMG + 3,5% Crit

With Archon i lose 8 STR, 30 DEX and 197hp, dmg and dps decreases by 0,2 only in terms of crit it adds around 2,5%.

I prefer the old myth ring ANYDAY over archon rings as a mage, rogues and warriors is a different story.

Vaeriu
10-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Can u post there stats thank u sorry for the english :)

Tailsman can't be compared to those two as they're not the same type of equipment. :)
I'm pretty sure mythic ring provides more survivability than archon while archon gives a heck lot more dmg through its 2.5% extra dmg shown offscreen.
Really depends on what your playing orientation is leaning towards :) pvp vs pve? for example.

notfaded1
10-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Actually I tried archon and went right back to the Ruby as a Rogue but since getting Arcane Ring I haven't looked back... Ruby give more health which is pretty important these days.

GoodSyntax
10-15-2014, 10:56 AM
I guess I'm a DMG junkie, so I opt for the Archon of Potency.

I don't think that the Ruby is the difference between surviving a direct hit from a Shaman or Scorn in elite Tindirin, so, to me at least, better to kill them faster than have some extra HP. As it stands with the Archon, I have about 3.4k HP and I rarely survive a direct hit from a Shaman or Scorn (only when I'm inside veil).

In the event that I am parking (yes, my Rogue actually does that a lot), I use a STR based Archon for the +2.5% armor and go decked out with Magma Blades of Brutality (for the stun on smaller mobs), Spirit Of Will helm and armor all with Life Gems. With this loadout, I hit 4.2k HP, and 2.4k armor inside my veil with Ironbite.

You should consider at least owning one of the STR based Archons. It may seem counter-productive, but the HP and Armor can offset the loss in DMG/Mana if the rest of your gear is solid.

Serancha
10-15-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm the opposite of Kali. I'll take blood ruby for elites every time, unless it's for a leaderboard speed run. And for those now, you usually need arcane (so sad, but true), however archon is the next best thing.

GoodSyntax
10-15-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm such a junkie, I keep the Archon equipped, even with my Lep loadout....

uigronada
10-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Actually I tried archon and went right back to the Ruby as a Rogue but since getting Arcane Ring I haven't looked back... Ruby give more health which is pretty important these days.
How did you get arcane ring sorry new here

Vaeriu
10-17-2014, 10:51 PM
How did you get arcane ring sorry new here

It's.....horrifically expensive and tedious to acquire...
Get an arcane shard, get the dragonite bar and some recipe....I don't really remember xD

Schnitzel
10-18-2014, 11:05 AM
I use a "Elondrian Ring of Fitness (int version)" with +6int (I'm a mage and uses the int stat version) has (slightly) better stats than the purple glow archon ring (forgot the name...) at lvl41 (+6int)

its also a bit cheaper than archons (last i checked was about 2 weeks ago)

That same elon. ring (i use) when compared to the +9int mythic ring, it shows a difference of (when mythic ring is compared to elon. ring stats)
more dex and str, but decrease in int stats, also has less armor (51 less)