PDA

View Full Version : Where do you work / What is your career / future career?

Junside
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
When I was in like, 6th grade, I wanted to become a scientist like Dexter's Lab and build Gundam Mobile Suits lol

In high school, I wanted to act and/or work for Marvel Studios.

My dream is to do something in the media, because I have a creative side more than a logical side. I sing, I draw, and have other small talents, but I can't seem to choose a career goal as of yet.

I used to work at Macy's selling suits, I applied to Toys R Us not too long ago. Though it's not the direction I want to take, it's not easy to get into art without a background on paper. I'm thinking of moving to the city soon where I might be able to get lucky. I live in NY.

You? :D

asommers
02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
I work at Spacetime Studios. I've had a career in game development for the past 15 years, with an emphasis on building technology and leading technology teams. My future career will be a professional snowboarder.

-ALS

Demonicdevyn
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
future pro mountainboarder and a saide job at mcdonalds xD

Physiologic
02-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Staff pharmacist at an undisclosed hospital.

RedRyder
02-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Cashier at a supermarket called stop & shop lol -.-. I worked at Target prior to that.
I go to school full time for 2D/3D animatio and my dream is to work for Marvel studios.

And purhaps mass producing a PL comic with sts's permission of course!

Zeus
02-01-2011, 08:07 PM
I work as a student in high school. I'm looking to go into the medical field and am even taking medical classes that offer me college credit :). Been taking them for 2 years now. If not becoming a doctor, I am also very interested in debating thus might get into the field of law. Yes... I know, it's very indian of me to say that, but I honestly do enjoy those fields.

Demonicdevyn
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
^I thought you were gonna be the champion ramen eater

Ona
02-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Freelance journalist (a bit too free lately...)

Physiologic
02-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Cashier at a supermarket called stop & shop lol -.-. I worked at Target prior to that.
I go to school full time for 2D/3D animatio and my dream is to work for Marvel studios.

Stop&Shop > Pathmark...Maybe I've been in a Stop&Shop where you worked!

I work as a student in high school. I'm looking to go into the medical field and am even taking medical classes that offer me college credit :). Been taking them for 2 years now. If not becoming a doctor, I am also very interested in debating thus might get into the field of law. Yes... I know, it's very indian of me to say that, but I honestly do enjoy those fields.

Avoid law school at ALL COSTS right now. Go medical. I have about 20 friends who graduated from law school and about 2 have jobs.

Here's an article that explains the problems that new lawyers in today's economy face: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/business/09law.html?_r=1&pagewanted=1&ref=general&src=me

RedRyder
02-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Phys maybe u never know! The one I work in is in Dumont new jersey in north Bergen county

Erik_is_funny_lol
02-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm planning to be a lawyer...I'm going to study law, and since a lawyer requires excellence in english AND mathematics, I'll study extra in those areas also.

Kossi
02-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Student in high school

I want to be a cardiologisT

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 09:43 PM
I work for Chick-fil-A... sigh... I hate my job... I always smell like chicken...

Militaryman
02-01-2011, 09:45 PM
Full time student/drummer in middle school

I wanna become somewhat like asommers...

Artemis
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
i work at spacetime studios. I've had a career in game development for the past 15 years, with an emphasis on building technology and leading technology teams. My future career will be a professional snowboarder.

-als

snowboarding ftw!

rku
02-01-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm still in high school too. I'm kind of pursuing a career in sound/audio engineering. Actually looking to start an internship at a local place this summer possibly.

Xymorg
02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Staff pharmacist at an undisclosed hospital.

& I make drugs at an undisclosed biopharma.

My advice to the younglings is to keep your minds open. Obviously, if the professional snowboarder door opens up, jump through with both feet, but otherwise try a bunch of stuff before you sign up for the "what you want to be when you grow up" list with too much conviction. There are plenty of successful things you can be that you probably haven't heard of yet.

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm looking at radiography or respiratory therapy. In college at the moment. Big bio test tomorrow

Junside
02-01-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm looking at radiography or respiratory therapy. In college at the moment. Big bio test tomorrow

Don't cram. Not worth it. The best thing to do is study like, 30 minutes of something a day. And dedicate yourself to it.

and LOL @ fried chicken perfume :D

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 10:31 PM
Don't cram. Not worth it. The best thing to do is study like, 30 minutes of something a day. And dedicate yourself to it.

and LOL @ fried chicken perfume :D

My study habits suck. I winged the lecture part today. Winging the lab part tomorrow :)

UGH, it's so gross

Sgt.Mayhem
02-01-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm a military aircraft technician. I love my job. I have seen the world because of it.

Zeus
02-01-2011, 10:37 PM
My study habits suck. I winged the lecture part today. Winging the lab part tomorrow :)

UGH, it's so gross

Brooke that's probably why you didn't like refriedchicken so much :p. He reminded you of your job! LMAO!

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Brooke that's probably why you didn't like refriedchicken so much :p. He reminded you of your job! LMAO!

Bahahahha nice. That's horrible lol. At least I don't smell like curry!

Baked-Potato
02-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Work at Dairy Queen/Orange Julius. (Laugh if you want. I'm the only guy and the rest are women. Sexy woman (: )

Going to College in the fall for Computer Science (mainly programming). Loved computers since I was a kid and learned multiple programming languages by myself as a teenager.

romgar1
02-01-2011, 11:09 PM
I have a degree in computer aided drafting. My career goal is to work in 3D mod or architectual rendering. I work for the family business right now producing and selling communion cups and selling communion ware and supplies.

Erik_is_funny_lol
02-01-2011, 11:10 PM

Lol...classic. xD

THEHOGY
02-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm only in 8th grade but i want to be a Molecular Phycisist..ALSO my awsome science teacher is having me and a class of kids study every monday and friday at lunch for the SAT...we will take the SAT in MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!! WISH ME LUCK( IM GOING TO NEED IT)

Junside
02-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Work at Dairy Queen/Orange Julius. (Laugh if you want. I'm the only guy and the rest are women. Sexy woman (: )

Going to College in the fall for Computer Science (mainly programming). Loved computers since I was a kid and learned multiple programming languages by myself as a teenager.

I dunno what Orange Julius is, but I used to work in Victoria's Secret for like, 3 months lol as long as I behaved natural, women didn't freak out.

I'm only in 8th grade but i want to be a Molecular Phycisist..ALSO my awsome science teacher is having me and a class of kids study every monday and friday at lunch for the SAT...we will take the SAT in MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!! WISH ME LUCK( IM GOING TO NEED IT)

Good luck!

Demonicdevyn
02-01-2011, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI64nu8CuBg

Its not like im gonna kil myself

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 11:36 PM

Demonicdevyn

Demonicdevyn
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Demonicdevyn

I dont look 12 at all...
Unless your reffering to me being justin bieber ;)

Erik_is_funny_lol
02-01-2011, 11:37 PM

You sir, got skillz.

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 11:39 PM
I dont look 12 at all...
Unless your reffering to me being justin bieber ;)

You sir, ARE Justin Bieber; therefore, you look 12

Demonicdevyn
02-01-2011, 11:39 PM
You sir, got skillz.

That wasnt me :/
but those were ppl I know

Beanmachine
02-01-2011, 11:54 PM
I work for my parents at home, 24/7 h/w :)

mcyto
02-02-2011, 12:53 AM
archaeology ftw!

karmakali
02-02-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm a nurse in an 'undisclosed hospital'. Studying for my GRE to begin my journey to nurse practitioner. Its a job and pays well....and I can always medicate people with the good drugs that guys like Physiologic send me and shut them up. :) errrrr ..... I mean help them overcome their pain and begin their journey to better health....yeah that's what I meant!
Spacetimes.....your not looking for a company nurse are you? Please someone rescue me from corporate run healthcare!

Physiologic
02-02-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm a nurse in an 'undisclosed hospital'. Studying for my GRE to begin my journey to nurse practitioner. Its a job and pays well....and I can always medicate people with the good drugs that guys like Physiologic send me and shut them up. :) errrrr ..... I mean help them overcome their pain and begin their journey to better health....yeah that's what I meant!
Spacetimes.....your not looking for a company nurse are you? Please someone rescue me from corporate run healthcare!

If you're named Joan and I complained to you about the wrong IV cipro bag, im sorry...

Eleanor
02-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Well just like karmakali... I'm a nurse too! But never practiced my field... Because I will be studying Medicine! I plan to be a Endocrinologist, Psychiatrist, and Trauma surgeon!

Beermon
02-02-2011, 01:31 PM
I am a HVAC technician for my father's company and one day hope to be the buisness owner.

btw HVAC is heating ventalation and airconditioning.

Wushu
02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...but a few degrees and several jobs later, I've eliminated a lot of things along the way.

Survivorfan
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
I work at Spacetime Studios...
Lol, really, I didn't know

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
My future career will be a professional snowboarder.

how do you think of accomplishing that?

KaotiicxDream
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I think i want to be a graphic designer or something... Maybe work for spacetime studios( that could be awesome) but actually i dont know precisly... Work for Treyarch and make Call of Duty games could be so epic :))

asommers
02-02-2011, 03:14 PM
how do you think of accomplishing that?

After buying my own mountain, I'll need to build a dome around it and equip the interior surface of the dome with snowmaking machines. I'll then need to solve the problem of being able to teleport to the top -- I don't want to spend 75% of my time on a lift. I'm leaning towards jetpack, but there's the problem of melting the snow. Once that's done, my exoskeleton will need some tweaks because right now, it's just too cumbersome.

-ALS

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Lol im going to try that on my back yard in 3months
I want to be a .......(cue drumroll).........CHEF!
i wanted to be a zoologist
My job is playing pl whining to my parents and sigh alot when im assigned chores

KaotiicxDream
02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I work at Spacetime Studios. I've had a career in game development for the past 15 years, with an emphasis on building technology and leading technology teams. My future career will be a professional snowboarder.

-ALS

After buying my own mountain, I'll need to build a dome around it and equip the interior surface of the dome with snowmaking machines. I'll then need to solve the problem of being able to teleport to the top -- I don't want to spend 75% of my time on a lift. I'm leaning towards jetpack, but there's the problem of melting the snow. Once that's done, my exoskeleton will need some tweaks because right now, it's just too cumbersome.

-ALS

Very Nice ... after u done that u invite me to join u ?

Wushu
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM

-ALS

Or you could move to Dubai where they have half of that already in place (indoor ski mountain resort).

Yanis
02-02-2011, 03:58 PM
I make domes for private mountains. Buy a dome, get a free jetpack. If you call in the next 30', we'll throw in a free carving of your face on the side of your mountain.

StompArtist
02-02-2011, 04:46 PM

-ALS

Souvenir shops sell those and they are pretty easy to climb. Shake and it snows.

Hekpoc
02-03-2011, 03:51 AM
I am recent grad from the University of Washington just got a job last week as an assistant district manager for AppleOne a recruiting company. My end goal is to be a CEO or a COO of a Fortune 500 company.

Tsarra
02-03-2011, 05:08 AM
I'm a tech support rep and a financial consultant at a major US credit union.

dollarbill
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm a union carpenter and I can build your mountain and your automatic snow makers. I also can make you a teleport pad, all I need are a few 2x4s, an ice pick, an avocado and a tv. I also can make feet warmers... it needs a little work though. I burned all the hair on my toes off.

Dynastu
02-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm still in school. For a long time I wanted to be an astrophysicist...but nothing happens in the world of physics...sigh.

SuicideKings
02-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I work for UPS as a first officer.

I will be obtaining my MBA this year to pursue my dreams in a corporate environment. MY career if pretty much fly cargo in and out of the United States, last year was flying people in Delta airlines, also as a first officer. Never have been a captain because I'm not of age, need to be 23 for an ATP Cert...

My future career will be leading the marketing department of a business firm, preferably Microsoft or Cisco Systems, even maybe work for this company and step down from a pilot.

between
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
i work retail at a liquer store part time and do t-shirt screenprinting part time.
future career(dream) prolly a pro gamer XD too bad the cgs died when it did, i was gettin there T_T

future career(realistic) im going back to school eventually and would like to get into mobile software development. ;s

Lawlessomega
02-07-2011, 06:00 PM
I work in the music industry as the lead singer of a deathcore band, I also manage and produce artists under my labels flag all across the united states. And to make ends meet I also work part time in a factory *sigh* never let the media let you think music is a lucritive buisness. My future goal is to release my own fashion line and go into the retail buisness.

mycroftxxx
02-07-2011, 06:00 PM
So when do we get the snowboarding map in PL?

between
02-08-2011, 12:47 AM
I work in the music industry as the lead singer of a deathcore band, I also manage and produce artists under my labels flag all across the united states. And to make ends meet I also work part time in a factory *sigh* never let the media let you think music is a lucritive buisness. My future goal is to release my own fashion line and go into the retail buisness.

yo what band are you in?

Inching
02-08-2011, 01:17 AM
I use to be a trader for iBanks trading Credit Derivatives and have since moved on to sales/trading Credit Derivatives and Fixed Income products. I had my share in creating the financial collapse of the global economy as I also traded and sold the very same products which brought down Lehman Brothers, AIG and the like. If money was not a factor, I would like to be a Fitness trainer or a profession game tester for Play Station.

Otukura
02-08-2011, 01:22 AM

Identical to me, except I'm asian, not indian, and I just started the medical classes august.

w7fcoop
02-08-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm a web developer for a large manufacturing company in Iowa.... First Post too... Thought this would be the perfect thread for it!

MarginalDeath
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I work for GE in application development and deployment. We develop, configure, deploy, and support a specific product in the GE catalog. Sometimes stressful, but very rewarding job. Before that I worked in a similar role for Circuit City IT. Was such a great job until we went under...