PDA

View Full Version : Need artists for pocket legends comic series !

RedRyder
02-01-2011, 08:53 PM
There's SO much talented players, it's insane. I looking for artistic and creative members to help conquer this project I thought up. I need:

Illustrators (one desperately needed for coloring)
Writers for storylines
Graphic designers for cover pages

You must have experience and moderately good to amazing abilities to get this done efficiently. I'd like to get as many people on board as possible. Please p.m the link to this thread to anyone that you know may be interested in a position in this project.

This is for fun and for others to enjoy and look forward to.
I'd like to start with one chapter, and if the buzz is good enough we shall continue :)

Let's get this thing going!!

Introducing Cosmo, Void, and Rift!! The most loyal subjects of the Elf Queen. They were sent on a mission to bring down the Galactic Overlord but were never to be seen again...
It is said by the grand elders of Alterra that when great heroes fall, their wills are reborn..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/973025c7.jpg

Alterra's elite 3: Cosmo, Rift and Void are sent out to investigate a disturbance in te dessert. Upon arriving they discover an extravagant space ship. They walk in to find the door close behind and the ship starts taking off. They run to a window to find that they are indeed orbiting alterra. The run down a hall with a portal in the end and walk in, only to appear into a room with even more portals (Victory Lap :D). From within their respected portals come Gurgox the great, K'sarr the keeper, and the galactic overlord (sorry no king mynas lol)

COSMO VS KEEPER
RIFT VS GURGOX
VOID VS OL (initially)

After the battle (I'll keep the details under wraps to add some surprise at least lol) the shattered pieces of the OL's suit turn into black particles... The particles then form the shadow portal (o.O). Black hands spring forth from the portals grabbing at the heroes and eventually pulling them in. The shadows spring forth once again, covering the entire ship and then causing it to crash into a cave in alterra. The shadows spread throughout and engulf the cave.

It is widely believed in alterra, that in the fall of every elite 3, their wills are reincarnated. With the simultaneous
Births of an elf, avian and ursan in the dreamer, sniper, and conqueror clans. The elf queen has assumed the worst and has already sent for their immediate training on their first birthdays.

That concludes chapter 0

Chapter 0 will be a prelude to the main stories. It shows the battles on the way toward the final showdown with the OL and their mysterious dissapearence. Chapter one is pretty set in stone as I have the action sequences in my head.

The Team:
Writer - Rangepwnsmel, militaryman, ?, ..
Storyboards - Junside, Myself, ?, ..
Cover work/graphic designers - Rebel, hodnett, ?, ..
Ilustrators - myself, ?, ?, ..
Color - ?
Illustration editing - ?

Remember let me know if you want an official position, or if there's a position you're interested in that's not yet listed. Remember, only contact me if youre serious.

More concept art!

OL:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/b3d94d71.jpg

Battle begins!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/873ed919.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/af4cf867.jpg

Performing blessings:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/8a7af9d8.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/f63fc80c.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/b08f3f1e.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/af7e5abc.jpg

Scans coming soon

Junside
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
I'm too tired to draw lately... so unfortunately I'm declining for now. I need like, a great inspiration to start drawing. :(

RedRyder
02-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm too tired to draw lately... so unfortunately I'm declining for now. I need like, a great inspiration to start drawing. :(

I'll start doing some concepts. It should be inspiration enough :p

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Make me a VILLAIN!! PUT ME IN YOUR COMIC!!!

Artemis
02-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Make me a VILLAIN!! PUT ME IN YOUR COMIC!!!

ME TOO!:) dont let everyone in it tho only like 3 more

Banned
02-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Hmm, I'll draw/write some stuff up. If I feel it's good, I'll PM it to you. If I don't, probably won't even bother.

Zeus
02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
There's SO much talented players, it's insane. I looking for artistic and creative members to help conquer this project I thought up. I need:

Illustrators (one desperately needed for coloring)
Writers for storylines
Graphic designers for cover pages

You must have experience and moderately good to amazing abilities to get this done efficiently. I'd like to get as many people on board as possible. Please p.m the link to this thread to anyone that you know may be interested in a position in this project.

This is for fun and for others to enjoy and look forward to.
I'd like to start with one chapter, and if the buzz is good enough we shall continue :)

Let's get this thing going!!

I can write pretty well. So I could be a writer. I can also learn graphics design pretty quick. I seem to have a good talent at working with stuff like that :)

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I can write pretty well. So I could be a writer. I can also learn graphics design pretty quick. I seem to have a good talent at working with stuff like that :)

Psssttt PARTH, make me a cool lead character!!!!

Rebel
02-01-2011, 11:05 PM
I'd love to do some of the graphic/effects work. Whatever you need me for in that department I'm all over it. Just let me know!

Ladylove
02-01-2011, 11:07 PM
I'd love to do some of the graphic/effects work. Whatever you need me for in that department I'm all over it. Just let me know!

Make me look AWESOME

Militaryman
02-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Put me in as that dude who goes and smashes random people with a gurgox hammer!

Conradin
02-01-2011, 11:59 PM
I'll make some concept art- and like banned- I'll pm to u I'm its good.

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 12:03 AM
I've added the main characters of the first chapter and the basis of chap 1s story.
If you want a working position on the project p.m me and I'll add you to a list I'll comprise and add to the first post.

KingFu
02-02-2011, 12:07 AM
ME TOO!:) dont let everyone in it tho only like 3 more

Make lyric the Benedict Arnold of the story:o

I'll be in it too;)

Great drawings btw, but jeeeze. The mages might need a breast reduction to make it kid friendly;)

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Make lyric the Benedict Arnold of the story:o

I'll be in it too;)

Great drawings btw, but jeeeze. The mages might need a breast reduction to make it kid friendly;)

Hehe perhaps, I headed toward a more mature approach to not take away from the action as much

Junside
02-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Hehe perhaps, I headed toward a more mature approach to not take away from the action as much

interspecies romance? *barfs* lol!

What can I offer... maybe I can do storyboards. :)

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 12:43 AM
interspecies romance? *barfs* lol!

What can I offer... maybe I can do storyboards. :)

Not THAT mature :p and yes story boards!! I was actually doing some now :p

Physiologic
02-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Hmm, I'll draw/write some stuff up. If I feel it's good, I'll PM it to you. If I don't, probably won't even bother.

With that attitude you can achieve greatness in life.

Anyway, good stuff - can't wait for your results RR.

Sanatorium
02-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Wooo, this looks great Red.
I can't wait to see the ending finish of this :).

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Chapter ones gonna blownyour minds :D I have the day off school due to the weather so I'll be working on it tonight and all day tomorrow. This is an amazing way to pass time till 1.7 . In going in game now to do some research

Militaryman
02-02-2011, 01:33 AM
I can help with the story! Call me :o

Hodnett
02-02-2011, 01:37 AM
I would like to be one of the graphic designers if you need anymore...I can make pretty much anything you want with my adobe photoshop skills...by the way, this comic series is a great idea!

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 01:43 AM
I would like to be one of the graphic designers if you need anymore...I can make pretty much anything you want with my adobe photoshop skills...by the way, this comic series is a great idea!

Sure I'll throw you on the list! And you too military man. The plan is for mento do chapter one myself (at least the basic idea of it) so the rest of the team can build off of that. Team members can discuss amongst themselves and then pitching the ideas to me afterward. Chapter one will be done by the end of tomorrow :)

Militaryman
02-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Sure I'll throw you on the list! And you too military man. The plan is for mento do chapter one myself (at least the basic idea of it) so the rest of the team can build off of that. Team members can discuss amongst themselves and then pitching the ideas to me afterward. Chapter one will be done by the end of tomorrow :)

Wow fast ok... Is there gonna be an epic fight scene?

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Wow fast ok... Is there gonna be an epic fight scene?

If I can manage to put whats in my head onto paper, really epic

StompArtist
02-02-2011, 09:57 AM
If you are planning on having comedic relief (slow bear who bumps in trees) feel free to use the name StompArtist :D

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Therell be plenty of comedy in here :D but chapter 0 will have a serious tone.
This is the story for it, I'll be updating the first post with it. And more concept art will be posted in a few.

Alterra's elite 3: Cosmo, Rift and Void are sent out to investigate a disturbance in te dessert. Upon arriving they discover an extravagant space ship. They walk in to find the door close behind and the ship starts taking off. They run to a window to find that they are indeed orbiting alterra. The run down a hall with a portal in the end and walk in, only to appear into a room with even more portals (Victory Lap :D). From within their respected portals come Gurgox the great, K'sarr the keeper, and the galactic overlord (sorry no king mynas lol)

COSMO VS KEEPER
RIFT VS GURGOX
VOID VS OL (initially)

After the battle (I'll keep the details under wraps to add some surprise at least lol) the shattered pieces of the OL's suit turn into black particles... The particles then form the shadow portal (o.O). Black hands spring forth from the portals grabbing at the heroes and eventually pulling them in. The shadows spring forth once again, covering the entire ship and then causing it to crash into a cave in alterra. The shadows spread throughout and engulf the cave.

It is widely believed in alterra, that in the fall of every elite 3, their wills are reincarnated. With the simultaneous
Births of an elf, avian and ursan in the dreamer, sniper, and conqueror clans. The elf queen has assumed the worst and has already sent for their immediate training on their first birthdays.

That concludes chapter 0

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/b3d94d71.jpg

Banned
02-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Therell be plenty of comedy in here :D but chapter 0 will have a serious tone.
This is the story for it, I'll be updating the first post with it. And more concept art will be posted in a few.

COSMO VS KEEPER
RIFT VS GURGOX
VOID VS OL (initially)

That concludes chapter 0

That's attractive, but where's the part about a sexy shiv bear being best at everything, and ultimately saving the universe from cyborg ninjas and mecha-flamingos?

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm i want to read it, it seems interesting are the hereos in the shadow cave somewhere hey i got an idea can i pm you redryder

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 01:29 PM
That's attractive, but where's the part about a sexy shiv bear being best at everything, and ultimately saving the universe from cyborg ninjas and mecha-flamingos?

It'll be coming in the story :) with the new elite 3.... Int birds, pali's, dex bears oh my!

Banned
02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
It'll be coming in the story :) with the new elite 3.... Int birds, pali's, dex bears oh my!

Hehe, and don't forget about that certain sexy shiv bear battling against a parasite controlled Tom Hanks in a game of intergalactic Twister.

Survivorfan
02-02-2011, 03:10 PM
I'll color, I'm a good colorer

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 04:37 PM
The battle begins!

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/873ed919.jpg

Rebel
02-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Wow, looks great! PM me with what you want graphic wise and I'll get to work as soon as possible.

Survivorfan
02-02-2011, 05:22 PM
So, do you want me to color that?

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
So, do you want me to color that?

I completely missed your post sorry! And it's not coloring friendly, when I do scans then they'll be free game. Do you have any personal work I can see?

And rebel I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out :)

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Redryder im a writer remember that pm i sent you!

Keeper has a weird nose and OL looks like hes on "shine"

Rebel
02-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I completely missed your post sorry! And it's not coloring friendly, when I do scans then they'll be free game. Do you have any personal work I can see?

And rebel I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out :)

Sounds good!

Survivorfan
02-02-2011, 06:51 PM
EDIT: Thats a negatory, sorry cant color. Really wish i could but cant

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 06:53 PM
You betrayed red!

ChadM
02-02-2011, 07:24 PM
I draw comics for a living. If you would like some editorial help, PM me. Time permitting, I will do what I can to point out mistakes, offer storytelling suggestions, that sort of thing.

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I draw comics for a living. If you would like some editorial help, PM me. Time permitting, I will do what I can to point out mistakes, offer storytelling suggestions, that sort of thing.

Yesss!!! Doing so now!

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm a writer redryder!

Conradin
02-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I can do some writing - or I'm ok at drawing. Here's my concept art for vynaxar- he could be one o the stories villians....
http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/epilist/vynaxar.jpg

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 08:46 PM
.......i think this is a.....nvm maybe you can do better

Conradin
02-02-2011, 08:51 PM
it was a quick drawing

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Oh I understand now cause it defenitly doesn't look like him no offense

Conradin
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
lol i couldnt find a picture of him= was just winging it from memory

RedRyder
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
.......i think this is a.....nvm maybe you can do better

Don't be a jerk! Con that's a good concept! I'll throw him in for the shadow cave segment towards the end. I'm working on page two, it's coming out good!

Phoenixking
02-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Why do you eel the other post but not mine!

RedRyder
02-03-2011, 07:30 PM

Performing blessings:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/f63fc80c.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/b08f3f1e.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/af7e5abc.jpg

Scans coming soon

Phoenixking
02-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Did you read my pm? Red?

RedRyder
02-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Did you read my pm? Red?

Yes I did. You haven't given me any new material for me to put you on the list

Conradin
02-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Just had an idea- the team destroys the bad guys- only to find they have formed together to form Gurgox the KeeperLord.

Arterra
02-04-2011, 10:23 AM
lol red i love this... but i cant help laughing at some of the expressions. in a good way! its awesome, feel that it sticks to the cartoony style of PL.

RedRyder
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Just had an idea- the team destroys the bad guys- only to find they have formed together to form Gurgox the KeeperLord.

I have an idea for the post demise of the bosses :p see first post

lol red i love this... but i cant help laughing at some of the expressions. in a good way! its awesome, feel that it sticks to the cartoony style of PL.

That's what I was aiming for :p I wanted to make the OL actually look insanely mad with power.
I could make then all look pretty serious, but that'd be too uptight. I added some contradictions too
Like Gurgox being really agile in his fight with Rift.

RedRyder
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Chapter 0 will be on hold until the 1.7 storm passes

Rebel
02-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Remember, whenever you need me, just send me a message or post it here.

RedRyder
02-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Sure thing bro!

TwinkTastical
02-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Oh snap, this is where i make my epic stick bear?

---wheres my zenbear----?

RedRyder
05-18-2011, 09:21 PM
dum dum DUM! *drumroll* im bringing this back ! im looking for artists, but only those that are experienced using adobe illustrator and have strong illustration abilities. i could do this all by myself, but of course with a team this will get done a lot quicker. this will be fun of course, but will not be taken lightly. im looking for experienced to proffesionals to help. everything will be done in adobe illustrator. i would like those to adapt to the style that i made the initial drawings in, as any well seasoned illustrator can adapt to any style. dont PM me, just post here.

Rebel
05-18-2011, 09:28 PM
Like I said earlier, talk to me in about a week and a half, and I'll have bunches of free time to help out. Any Photoshop things that you need, just let me know.

RedRyder
05-18-2011, 11:45 PM
sure thing reb, and here's a sneak peek. pg1 should be done (clean and colored) by tomorrow :)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/Capture-2.png

ratava
05-19-2011, 02:53 AM
^amazing... this comic will have g8 productions. Are you working on the story also?!

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 07:05 AM
^amazing... this comic will have g8 productions. Are you working on the story also?!

thanks man. and yea the initial story is set up for chapter 0. im only doing the first pg till i have enough people on board with this. its too much to handle on my own.

here's another sneak:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/Capture2.png

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 09:33 AM
woo, ok. after about 5 hrs logged on the ONE scene alone, it's finally completed.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/Capture3.png

That scene only takes up a small amount of the actual page lol. Just goes to show how i cant do this all on my own.
Look how much that scene actually takes up lol

Lol crazy right? the next scenes should take so long besides the obvious mage vs keeper and the OL full body scene. Big things come in small packages lol =P

RedRyder
05-19-2011, 11:40 AM
hehe im on a roll! this is taking longer than i expected but ive been working nonstop. i fell asleep working on this after about 4 hrs, woke up in the morning and got back to work. scene 1 & 2 are complete and i even placed them so it looks like an actual comic so far! This is my first full blown comic project where im actually doing computer editing and coloring. More to come! this page will be done by the end of the day.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m279/MADNIGGA2K5/Capture4.png

when im done with the page, ill be posting the actual work instead of a screen shot :) thanks for staying tunned!

costalot
05-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm in I'm good at drawing comic not real stuff. I'm pretty good with computers too. Do you wanna see a quick sketch I did to see if I'm what you need.

ratava
05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
RedRyder: "And remember we're counting on you!" :D

Keep up the good work...

RedRyder
05-20-2011, 02:22 PM
thanks for all the support guys!

I'm in I'm good at drawing comic not real stuff. I'm pretty good with computers too. Do you wanna see a quick sketch I did to see if I'm what you need.

i need people who can work on and have Adobe Illustrator

seller
05-20-2011, 06:33 PM
Red can you draw the weapon ideas i had or some enmies or are you too busy with this

RedRyder
05-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Red can you draw the weapon ideas i had or some enmies or are you too busy with this

I could but I won't color it lol

seller
05-20-2011, 10:31 PM
ok that would be ok

Simnar
05-20-2011, 11:14 PM
omg i love this u gotta pm me ful comics plzzzz

RedRyder
05-21-2011, 01:35 AM
omg i love this u gotta pm me ful comics plzzzz

You can check out what I've finished here

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?26932-Pocket-Legends-Comic!

Fatpigwarrior
05-21-2011, 01:38 AM
LOL i can try it out.......... See what i can do

RedRyder
05-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Project will no longer be in production, but thanks for all the positive feedback. Love you guys!