PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Skull - What is it really?

Serancha
10-15-2014, 10:10 PM
Since this kind of got lost in the main event thread, I'll make it's own topic.

Players, feel free to add what other information we should be seeking on this.
Devs, any answers would be appreciated.

The Necropolis Cursed Skull can be crafted and used to upgrade an item to add Mana and a chance to drain life from your enemies. Ouch!

Cursed Skull

Is this a socketable item and if so, does it come in super form?
If it is not socketable and acts like the upgradeable lep / jack pendants from Ursoth, how will it work?
How much life does it drain / mana replenish per unit?
Is it a straight amount of mana added, or is it related to how much life is drained?
Do the amounts differ based on level?
Do the effects stack when using multiples?
Do they provide any stats or just the draining life / adding mana?

Valkiryas
10-15-2014, 10:16 PM
I think that isn't a GEM, it's like a recipe for Jack's Pendant for make them Fire, Blood and Glacial.

In none of the descripcion says that is a Gem

Serancha
10-15-2014, 10:17 PM
It says it upgrades an item. Doesn't that mean it goes in a socket like a gem?

If it's not a socketable item, what is it and how does it work?

Valkiryas
10-15-2014, 10:18 PM
It says it upgrades an item. Doesn't that mean it goes in a socket like a gem?

Jack's Recipe says almost the same, for upgrade the amulet to fire, blood and glacial.

Serancha
10-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Interesting point. I altered the initial post to include this. Thanks Val

Raselph
10-15-2014, 10:33 PM
probably it just upgrades the item ... when the event's on guys can find it out right?

im not sure if its a gem...

aquascaper
10-15-2014, 10:58 PM
I think that isn't a GEM, it's like a recipe for Jack's Pendant for make them Fire, Blood and Glacial.

In none of the descripcion says that is a Gem

Great, now we're gonna have "Cursed Jack Hallow's Blood Pendants" and "Cursed Leprechaun's Glacial Pendants", etc. Market's gonna fluctuate a ton. :(

Two upgrades in 1 item seems like too much, and I hope STS limits it to one or else the market is gonna go crazy.

Serancha
10-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Great, now we're gonna have "Cursed Jack Hallow's Blood Pendants" and "Cursed Leprechaun's Glacial Pendants", etc. Market's gonna fluctuate a ton. :(

Two upgrades in 1 item seems like too much, and I hope STS limits it to one or else the market is gonna go crazy.

It depends on what it actually is and how it will work. We need a whole lot more information about this before we can form opinions at all, let alone predict what it will do to market values.

aquascaper
10-15-2014, 11:10 PM
It depends on what it actually is and how it will work. We need a whole lot more information about this before we can form opinions at all, let alone predict what it will do to market values.

Yeah, you're right. Hehe, I started speculating a bit too early. It would be nice if a dev could shine some light on this though :)

Raselph
10-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Yeah, you're right. Hehe, I started speculating a bit too early. It would be nice if a dev could shine some light on this though :)

when the time is right it will be announced

Instanthumor
10-16-2014, 12:45 AM
Work for DoT too?

SacredKnight
10-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Work for DoT too?

Well, we speculate that the life drain works based on damage dealt however what if the life drain is fixed and based purely on random hits?

e.g In 10 hits one would activate the drain once receiving X HP. However HP is pre determined and toon type based so Warriors receive proportional HP etc. TBHIMO I think at the very least the amount of additional mana should have been disclosed.

Axesam
10-16-2014, 01:56 AM
i think its like elondrian gem add HP, now they make another gem add mana + drain life.

Serancha
10-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Devs, any chance of some answers on this?

InternetExplorer
10-16-2014, 03:15 PM
I dont have the luxury of time to read the halloween event announcement thread but i am really curious about this:

1. Does it upgrade only a certain item? ex. necklaces only or rings only

Schnitzel
10-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Cursed Skull

Is this a socketable item and if so, does it come in super form?
I'm guessing since it says "Upgrade", it will work in the same way the Lepre pendants got the fire/glacial/blood stat upgrade

My reply is in Blue

Serancha
10-16-2014, 05:37 PM
We have both opinions so far. Hoping for some developer input so we can find out for sure what we're looking at.

Xpolosion
10-16-2014, 05:53 PM
Devs never answer anything why bother.. Let the game burn

Instanthumor
10-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Making this Cursed Skull an add-on to the Lep would be really pointless imo

.no
10-16-2014, 09:26 PM
If it upgrades like the past lep pendants did, does that mean our grand gems are gone?

Serancha
10-17-2014, 07:34 AM
If it upgrades items to make a "cursed such-and-such" then yes, it will wipe the gems because it's technically a new item.

If it is socketable, then people will have to figure out if it's worth losing a super gem to put it in.

Serancha
10-21-2014, 01:42 AM
I'm honestly very surprised and pretty disappointed at the complete lack of information about what will possibly be the main farmable item for the event. How can we plan and strategize when we have no idea how this will be implemented?

Back
10-21-2014, 03:09 AM
I'm honestly very surprised and pretty disappointed at the complete lack of information about what will possibly be the main farmable item for the event. How can we plan and strategize when we have no idea how this will be implemented?
Agreed. There's a lot questions that need answering, including the gear stats, undead wrathjaw stats( which I think will be "lol") and also the event launch date.

Raselph
10-21-2014, 04:28 AM
Agreed. There's a lot questions that need answering, including the gear stats, undead wrathjaw stats( which I think will be "lol") and also the event launch date.

now i wonder is STS purposely not giving info cuz of surprise or the suspense....

epicrrr
10-21-2014, 05:28 AM
im afraid "well just have to find out" when event goes live, and im dying to know how this "life-steal" items work

Roycedamagnet
10-21-2014, 11:34 AM
R.I.P mages lol...imma commit suicide >_<

eugene9707
10-22-2014, 02:21 AM
it's a gem... a small disappointment for mage
at lv 41:

now question... chance to drain life? by how much? does it stacks?

Serancha
10-22-2014, 02:51 AM
I just socketed one and got a grand first try. Going to test and see. 101 mana is pretty decent for rogue, but is it worth 4 damage? Not sure yet.

It's really hard to tell anything with this double crit display bug going on. You can't tell what's damage, what's life steal and what's a fake display.....