PDA

View Full Version : Forum time

bpatterson007
02-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I know this may seem minor, but I do pay attention to detail more than most! Recently I posted a reply to a post in the development forum about the crafting scree shots. I posted at 10:17 PM EST (verified a few sources to make sure my laptop wasn't off). However on the PL forums the posted time was showing 10:02 PM... At the bottom of the forum pages I noticed that "All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM."

Anyway..is the forum time off by 15 minutes or so for some reason?

Militaryman
02-01-2011, 11:11 PM
ummm mine sez gmt -6...

Royce
02-01-2011, 11:19 PM
ummm mine sez gmt -6...

I'm guessing you are set to the standard STS Texas time while the OP is on US eastern time (like I am). Anyway all my time stamps appear to be 16 min off as well...

Royce
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Any chance of this being addressed? I am now always 24 minutes off from forum time, and I have been having my browser crash a lot lately, only when on this site (and in fact it's the only time I've ever seen mobile safari crash), and when I come back all recent posts are marked unread even if I read them. I believe this is related to the time difference between what the forum thinks the time is and what my device knows to be the actual time.