PDA

View Full Version : How to gain gold from the Halloween event

Idly
10-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Hi everyone, there have been a lot of people asking me ingame how to make money from the Halloween event so I thought of posting a couple of ways here.

Firstly we don't know exactly what will be available to loot, what will be tradeable or what will be most valuable in the future so a variety of loot can only be a good aim. If you have plat/story tokens get as many inv/stash slots as you can this will give you the ability to hoard items for future (more profitable) sales.

When the event starts chances are that for the first 24hrs anything you manage to loot will be a lot more valuable than it will be for coming months so in the early stages sell everything you get and sell it fast!

Try to decide what is worth hoarding/gemming and what is particularly desirable, for example some of the halloween rings will be worth a lot in the future especially for twinks and they will be worth gemming and waiting until the supply has gone to maximise profits whilst other items will be novelty and likely to be at their highest value during the event when people are still deciding what's good or not so it's better to sell these asap.

If your a gambler then invest heavily in lesser pumpkin chests, craft them and hope for a mythic weapon however with STS track record on loot this is very optimistic, personally I will be avoiding all purchasable token item's and working towards as many grimm eggs as possible for maximised future revenue. Dependant on the details of the recipes these may also be worth buying to upgrade items with. Whilst grimm is mythic and 1100 tokens seems a lot, chances are many people will be hoarding and you may have to wait months to sell at prices over 1m.

More runs=more loot=more gold earned so if you cannot afford luck kits
and you have the time farm the energy essence whenever you're out of energy, they take 2hr (hopefully) to craft and you can do 5 at a time per toon. 24hrs worth of crafting can yield 60 energy kits!

If you have lots of gold and wish to hoard item's then there is no better time to buy than the last few days of the event or the first couple of weeks afterwards, items to buy are down to you but again I'd be aiming for useful twink items (Potency, Assault, Will, Brutality) any limited vanities (especially plat purchasable ones) and blinky/undead wrathjaw/grimm eggs that are cheap.

If anyone would like to suggest any more ways to earn gold via the event please comment and hopefully lots of the newer player's will be able to make a small fortune and progress in the game.

Maketaca
10-16-2014, 06:54 AM
Scare someone, they will run and you can take their gold.

Raselph
10-16-2014, 07:12 AM
i would prefer hardcore farm tokens,

buy grimm eggs or vanities according to their prices in auc

Dotliv
10-16-2014, 07:13 AM
It has daily quest ..that give enought gold

Dotliv
10-16-2014, 07:14 AM
And the items from the store event helps a lot

Dotliv
10-16-2014, 07:15 AM
And also ..the items drops from chest and boss ...( better not sell it early ..try to wait until the event is gone then sell )

Dotliv
10-16-2014, 07:18 AM
Scare someone, they will run and you can take their gold.
Lol ...how if they run with their gold..[emoji44]

Ebezaanec
10-16-2014, 07:26 AM
When more and more people use the same gold-earning methods, it becomes less effective.

Grimm took nearly a year to get to borderline 2m and now the auction value dropped due to panic selling. With more Grimms available and demand not high, the price won't be enough for heavy hoarding.

Twink items are always profitable, so that's a good market.

Blinky will be around the same price as Dovabear, maybe a bit higher due to its unique laser attack.

Raselph
10-16-2014, 07:29 AM
When more and more people use the same gold-earning methods, it becomes less effective.

Grimm took nearly a year to get to borderline 2m and now the auction value dropped due to panic selling. With more Grimms available and demand not high, the price won't be enough for heavy hoarding.

Twink items are always profitable, so that's a good market.

Blinky will be around the same price as Dovabear, maybe a bit higher due to its unique laser attack.

i think show of different pets and their looks are only they key to money....this game has changed so badly that every single person is after even 1m gold. meh wth has happened to this game ...so comfortable back in those days and so...omggg now....

Kakashis
10-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Never share your gold warning ideas. You will end up making little profit for yourself! I know what I'm going to do for the event already!

farizace99
10-16-2014, 07:53 AM
But what if I bought the grimm pet and it comes not as an egg but automatically put on stable? I dont want it to be like the ursoth event where the little bear when bought in store is automatically put to stable instead of as an egg

Capolista
10-16-2014, 08:09 AM
Halloween ???

Get your jack hellow pendant while it still cheap *_^

Clickbangboom
10-16-2014, 08:25 AM
I think if you are going to hoard items then you are going to have to be in it for the long haul. Once halloween event is over people will start to look to Christmas event and wont care about the halloween items. So either sell your stuff fast at the beginning of the halloween event before the market gets flooded with stuff from it or hang on to it for a long time (with the risk of no one wanting down the road).
At any rate, try to have some fun with the event! It's only once a year!