PDA

View Full Version : Speed up your iPad

spasmatic
10-16-2014, 03:09 PM
I noticed after upgrading my ipad to iOS 8, I had difficulty playing Arcane Legends due to lag. I searched the internet for a fix and found these methods to speed up my ipad. Huge difference in before and after.

1) Reset your iOS 8 Network Settings. Go to the Settings app, head to “General”, then to “Reset” and choose “Reset Network Settings”. This will force the device to reboot, and it also erases any wi-fi passwords you have stored, so be ready to enter those again.

2) Head to the Settings app, go to “Privacy” and then to “Location Services”, where at the bottom you will find “System Services”, then flip the switch to disable Wi-Fi Networking. This does NOT turn off wireless networking in iOS.

3) Go to "General" then tap on the Wi-Fi category. Locate the Wi-Fi router you are currently connected to in the list, this is determined by the checkmark appearing next to the name, and then tap on the (i) button to the right of the router name. Scroll down to the “DNS” section and tap on the numbers to the right – this will bring up the keyboard and you can enter in a new DNS IP address. Try using Google DNS servers of 8.8.8.8. If you wish to return to your previous DNS settings, just leave that area blank and the ipad will automatically assign its default DNS.

4) Finally, Re-boot the ipad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about eight seconds. This will force the ipad to turn off.

Raselph
10-17-2014, 04:18 AM
I noticed after upgrading my ipad to iOS 8, I had difficulty playing Arcane Legends due to lag. I searched the internet for a fix and found these methods to speed up my ipad. Huge difference in before and after.

1) Reset your iOS 8 Network Settings. Go to the Settings app, head to “General”, then to “Reset” and choose “Reset Network Settings”. This will force the device to reboot, and it also erases any wi-fi passwords you have stored, so be ready to enter those again.

2) Head to the Settings app, go to “Privacy” and then to “Location Services”, where at the bottom you will find “System Services”, then flip the switch to disable Wi-Fi Networking. This does NOT turn off wireless networking in iOS.

3) Go to "General" then tap on the Wi-Fi category. Locate the Wi-Fi router you are currently connected to in the list, this is determined by the checkmark appearing next to the name, and then tap on the (i) button to the right of the router name. Scroll down to the “DNS” section and tap on the numbers to the right – this will bring up the keyboard and you can enter in a new DNS IP address. Try using Google DNS servers of 8.8.8.8. If you wish to return to your previous DNS settings, just leave that area blank and the ipad will automatically assign its default DNS.

4) Finally, Re-boot the ipad. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about eight seconds. This will force the ipad to turn off.

Do not use iOS 8.0.0 I prefer using 8.0.2 cuz it's the fixated version of iOS 8.0.0