PDA

View Full Version : Will the new update be released on Android and iPone same time?

pcm2a
02-02-2011, 12:40 AM
Topic says it all. I read a blog about the new upcoming features that are currently awaiting the bunk apple approval process. Will it come out for android at the same time, since there is no aproval process there?

Kingofhurtz
02-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Very good question...I was wondering the same thing myself.

Physiologic
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Android does not seem to have an approval process, but since a majority of the users are Apple device users, STS conforms with what Apple requires. And it would create an uproar if all updates were released to Android users first...

Lysdexic
02-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Another reason to pull away from Apple... Jobs & crew are a bunch of dictators who can't backup their OS so they remove any and all scare points.

Otukura
02-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Another reason to pull away from Apple... Jobs & crew are a bunch of dictators who can't backup their OS so they remove any and all scare points.

Dictators is an understatement....

anyway, I can't tell if the "iPone" is intended.. if yes, +1 for the effort, but you're completely wrong...

pcm2a
02-02-2011, 01:10 AM
It would be a punch to the bag to wait through the apple process and then wait longer on my android for it!

Formora
02-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Android does not have any approval process, STS can release it anytime but we have to wait for apple. As soon as apple approves the app, STS will release it for android.

Baked-Potato
02-02-2011, 03:31 AM
Sorry about the respec confusion.

Yes, 1.7 will be released at the same time for both iOS and Android.

Rings will be available as any item is now (loot, reward, Platinum purchased).

-ALS

Yep yep :)

Phaded
02-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Sucks waiting on Apple. Could have this loaded on all Androids by now.

Royce
02-02-2011, 11:12 AM
I'll bet Android users will get first crack at 1.7. Apple notifies developers when an app is approved, though at that point it still takes minutes to hours for the app to show up in the AppStore for players. I'm guessing when STS gets news that 1.7 was approved by Apple, they will make the android version available, and iOS users will still be waiting for the update to show up on their devices. I have both an android and an iPod though so I don't care ;)