PDA

View Full Version : question on armor and one handed/two handed swords

wvhills
02-02-2011, 10:07 AM
I've got a level 30 bear and have 2 handed longsword that can do 62 more damage than what I have now but it lowers my armor by 18 because I can't use a shield. Should I use the sword or the shield? I have my iron blood maxed out so that always bumps my armor up.

Duke
02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Personally, I'd recommend armor if you're serious about tanking (and, IMO, you should be). Dealing damage is secondary, although you should be able to deal enough to hold aggro.

Ellyidol
02-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Why not keep both? Use shield when tanking needed and two handed sword when you just wanna do damage.

kopi
02-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Hmm lv30, you can consider using pinks from frozen nightmare. Though its lv 30 but their stats are equal or better than some 35 swamp pink. That way you can keep your defence and do some serious damage

wvhills
02-02-2011, 10:53 AM
i have been using the shield when I'm tanking (and that's what I like to do) but I switch to the two handed sword if there's another bear in the group because they just want to stomp all the time and scatter all the bad guys away from me. Lol. I just have one point in beckon and I'm working to get it built up but it takes a long time to level now.

wvhills
02-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Hmm lv30, you can consider using pinks from frozen nightmare. Though its lv 30 but their stats are equal or better than some 35 swamp pink. That way you can keep your defence and do some serious damage

I just found frozen nightmare last night and I noticed there's a lot of good items there! I was wondering why such a low level had so many level 50's in it. Haha. That's where I got my two handed longsword and shield. :)
Thanks for the advice! I'll def head back there tonight.

giayuan
02-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I just found frozen nightmare last night and I noticed there's a lot of good items there! I was wondering why such a low level had so many level 50's in it. Haha. That's where I got my two handed longsword and shield. :)
Thanks for the advice! I'll def head back there tonight.

Low level? frozen nightmare is extremely hard... lvl50s die there too many times for it to be a normal lvl30 dungeon; its elite :D
and lvl50s are there to do an outrages quest..to get 1000 pelts and 1000 snowballs, gotten by killing yetis and small yetis in the dungeon. Its very hard to accomplish and thats why there are almost always lvl50s in there.