PDA

View Full Version : Fix the lb Mage vanity!

Ninjasmurf
10-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Rogues get medusa with moving snakes
Warriors get a cool Frankenstein with electrical effects
Mages get a frog with a white sheet on top? How is that fair? We are already the worst class. Do you need to give us these ugly vanities to prove it? Wow.

Unless this "ghost" vanity is fixed I don't see a point in running for Mage lb. What's the point? The zombie vanity looks better lol.

Suggestions:
Add some cool particle effects, transparentcy, and make it float above ground like Samael.

Also change the entire design on it. Ghost don't look like that.... O_o

Anarchist
10-17-2014, 03:58 PM
Cause thats no ghost, that is KKK LoL

Floating effect sounds interesting but if the vanity made mages float then it would be 100x better than the other 2 so Nein.
Suggestion:

#1. A chain attached to the mage right leg
#2. Make the mage vanity 3x longer than the mage like a wedding gown
#3. Add a floating/moving dress effect like something unstable that flows like water.

This should make it more ghostlike.

mokdaddd
10-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Agree with ninja

Woundedwarrior
10-17-2014, 04:08 PM
I think the mage lb vanity looks the coolest of them all

Lidless
10-17-2014, 04:12 PM
Totally looks like a kkk mage hahaha

Instanthumor
10-17-2014, 04:15 PM
Should at least get rid of those horns... And make us float lmao

Lidless
10-17-2014, 04:19 PM
I think those are ears... most mages use a gun too so we are hunched over. Mage LB vanity will make mage look like a little trash bag haha

Serancha
10-17-2014, 04:21 PM
Excellent. You guys can sell yours to me and I'll have an uber-cute ghost smurf.

Haligali
10-17-2014, 04:43 PM
That spectral ghost banner looks cool, mage vanity should be something similar.

Samhayne
10-17-2014, 05:10 PM
At the end of the day, we know we won't make everyone happy. Some will love it, some will hate it. That's just human nature.

The Sorcerer leaderboard ghost vanity is missing it's particle effects from what Remiem showed. It is still work in progress.

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 05:47 PM
Lol kkk. You guys are redic. The mage vanity is great I wish I could play enough to earn it during the event. I will be one jelly mage of those of you who do. That Mage vanity is awesome!

octavos
10-17-2014, 05:56 PM
At the end of the day, we know we won't make everyone happy. Some will love it, some will hate it. That's just human nature.

The Sorcerer leaderboard ghost vanity is missing it's particle effects from what Remiem showed. It is still work in progress.

A plat purchase would make me love it faster. As for the look. Its ok by me :). Not enough to chase lb tho sorry can't compete with these kidos.

Ihateppl
10-17-2014, 05:59 PM
That Frankenstein Vanity @.@ warriors get that wicked thing, what do we get? sheets.... we get sheets....

Lidless
10-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Spoooooooky mage .... appropriate vanity for a class that dies all the time in pvp bwahah

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Dude horns. Can't be mage vanity without horns...

Gensin
10-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Id rather wear a forerunner, ITS MORE FASHIONABLE.

Anarchist
10-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Lol kkk. You guys are redic. The mage vanity is great I wish I could play enough to earn it during the event. I will be one jelly mage of those of you who do. That Mage vanity is awesome!

Lol it looks like KKK for real only missin the pointed cap.

Anyway you may like the vanity but you cant deny it could have been made better.
Take for example the Frankenstein's monster vanity, its so perfectly represented it can't be made any better.

Candylicks
10-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Can only dress up a blue blob so well.

Lidless
10-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Should make the leaderboard vanities inversed. So the mage looks like a warrior...tank looks like a mage and the rogue can be umm..you get the point.

Ebezaanec
10-17-2014, 08:19 PM
I could imagine a ghostly vanity fading to reveal the skeleton.

Volt
10-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Mage vanity is the best lookin one out of the three imo. The warrior one is great too! But honestly the rogue one is not a leader board worthy prize

falmear
10-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Mage one is rather boring and mundane. My suggestion is wear it without the body and just the mask and call yourself Lucha Libre.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/mexican-wrestling-mask-silver-fighter-gesture-18932584.jpg

Ninjasmurf
10-17-2014, 11:16 PM

Just make it a lb worthy vanity pls. There's a reason why the Mage jester set is worth allot less than the warrior and rogues... not good for that to happen again.

Hail
10-17-2014, 11:19 PM
At least it doesn't have a cabbage head (rogue vanity)
Personally the mages looks better than the rogues - both are nice except mage is just so freakin damn awesome!

falmear
10-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Just make it a lb worthy vanity pls. There's a reason why the Mage jester set is worth allot less than the warrior and rogues... not good for that to happen again.

By now you should know that 99% of the mage vanities look bad. There is only 1 or 2 which look good. And really one which is worth anything of value. As they say, effort equals results.

Thefireofic
10-17-2014, 11:28 PM
What are some good vanities? I mean mage ones.

Gensin
10-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Mage one is rather boring and mundane. My suggestion is wear it without the body and just the mask and call yourself Lucha Libre.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/mexican-wrestling-mask-silver-fighter-gesture-18932584.jpg

That guy looks like he can curse you very, magey..

What is wrong with sts thats the most ugliest vanity I dont think any mage will run for it maybe run for it for glory and banner, but that vanity? Eh.

Sdbigdaddy
10-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Just throwing this out there... If mage's new ghost vanity had a rattling chain sound as it moved, that would be sick. Otherwise it is pretty meh. At least this time the Mage isn't half naked. Why it is that the guy only get half of the clothes almost all the time?

Valkiryas
10-18-2014, 12:04 AM
I agree, the Mage's vanity is really "Unbalanced"compared to the others 2.

I'm a Rogue

Ninjasmurf
10-18-2014, 12:56 AM
At least it doesn't have a cabbage head (rogue vanity)
Personally the mages looks better than the rogues - both are nice except mage is just so freakin damn awesome!

How do snakes look like cabbage? Maybe you need some glasses lol..

The rogues is allot better than mages. It's designed well and will add a different factor to the game. Who doesn't want moving snakes on their head to show off??!!

Ninjasmurf
10-18-2014, 12:58 AM
Just throwing this out there... If mage's new ghost vanity had a rattling chain sound as it moved, that would be sick. Otherwise it is pretty meh. At least this time the Mage isn't half naked. Why it is that the guy only get half of the clothes almost all the time?

Chains are more for a zombie that just got out of its casket.. Idk..
IMO ghost don't have chains.

Gensin
10-18-2014, 01:49 AM

Fact: Ghost cant lift things like those lol.

Raselph
10-18-2014, 02:02 AM

this is what i knew was goin on -.-"""""""

Raselph
10-18-2014, 02:03 AM

ghost stories have chains :P

Raselph
10-18-2014, 02:05 AM
By now you should know that 99% of the mage vanities look bad. There is only 1 or 2 which look good. And really one which is worth anything of value. As they say, effort equals results.

all do recognise but people just get reluctant. there aren't much out there suitable for mages as falmear said...if this mage class is unsuitable for almost everything why was this class even made?!!

falmear
10-18-2014, 03:03 AM

In the story a Christmas Carol, the ghost of Jacob Marley has chains. However the chain is a metaphor for the bondage that his greed created while he was alive. So this is likely the inspiration of the chains. I can't really explain the horns which seem like some random add on even more so then the chains. But what you do really expect when you have a nondescript white blanket with holes, what do you add? In the overall idea and design (robe with a hood), this vanity is not much different then the Grimm vanity except that its white. Needless to say that the vanity is rather bland and boring without any consistent details.

joydhillon
10-18-2014, 03:10 AM
The main point was the "effect" was missing.
Any effect on a vanity increases its price value. If the mage doesnt have it, its value will be very less as compared to other two. More so we know mages have the lowest priced stuff. If it were to be same for lb vanity why wouldn't a person make a warrior or rogue to go for the other two and gain more prized value vanity.
But since effect is coming i guess it will balance it out.
#still laughing at " top 25 mages get their own ghost costume vanity , "spooooky" "

Anarchist
10-18-2014, 03:40 AM
The main point was the "effect" was missing.
Any effect on a vanity increases its price value. If the mage doesnt have it, its value will be very less as compared to other two. More so we know mages have the lowest priced stuff. If it were to be same for lb vanity why wouldn't a person make a warrior or rogue to go for the other two and gain more prized value vanity.
But since effect is coming i guess it will balance it out.
#still laughing at " top 25 mages get their own ghost costume vanity , "spooooky" "

It has effects just that they havent been added yet on the pic.

joydhillon
10-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Yep thats the whole point. It kinda ruined the marketting for the mage vanity :p but never to worry.. we will see as the devs said

radagan
10-18-2014, 04:08 AM
Personally I love it

Raselph
10-18-2014, 04:17 AM
It has effects just that they havent been added yet on the pic.

it has been added but unfortunately a bug affected the effects...

Gensin
10-18-2014, 04:23 AM
Hopefully the "effects" is going to be nice. if its just a super common effect like the snow efect in depraved blades there not gonna appreciate it, Maybe a fire bug effect but change the color?

Deadroth
10-18-2014, 04:25 AM
I think we should wait with opinion, till the mage vanity gets particle effect. STS would never leave such lb vanity without a great boost.

Xeusx
10-18-2014, 04:42 AM
it has been added but unfortunately a bug affected the effects...
A bug? There is no bug, maybe you should read this post again:

Arachnophobik
10-18-2014, 05:42 AM
I kinda liked it :/ would be cool if i could have that ghost mask on my warrior.

Samaeldavisjr
10-18-2014, 06:54 AM
Geesh. Wanna complain about sumthn else? Went from nerf the bullwark to our vanity suxx. Classic

Zuorsyra
10-18-2014, 07:06 AM
I think it looks pretty cool, much cooler than the zombie vanity IMO.

Raselph
10-18-2014, 09:07 AM
A bug? There is no bug, maybe you should read this post again:

if there was a problem , the codes might be missing or syntax is wrong which got ignored??

Xeusx
10-18-2014, 09:35 AM
if there was a problem , the codes might be missing or syntax is wrong which got ignored??
Dude, they are in progress making the particle effects.

firechandra
10-18-2014, 10:28 AM
sorcers complain about everything

cami
10-18-2014, 10:36 AM
hahahaa poor mages lol

Gensin
10-18-2014, 10:36 AM

Lets switch places then :)

Ninjasmurf
10-18-2014, 03:12 PM

Good. Maybe STS will realize that and make us equal to rogues and warriors.

Kakashis
10-18-2014, 05:32 PM
the particle effects better involve something like the kersha'ls rotating spirit!

Raselph
10-18-2014, 09:53 PM

if we sorcerers complain about everyting it would be cause your classes's advanced weapons are stronger, all classes have strengths and weaknesses , when you rogues and tanks need mana you just come to us and say heal or "MANA"

we are the crowd controller class but not the weakling class. if our class is supposed to a complainful that means that there's lacking , or else we have nothin else to do but find that our class should be according to its appropriateness. already bulwark was a chaos and ker'shal became a loss, and why did ker'shal become a loss?? you warriors and rogues complained about "it's so OP" and they nerfed it. and if we complain "bulawark is too OP" the reply is"its just fine dude , just chill"

whats the point of this class being made or gears are too weak?

we can't always be the noob class

Serancha
10-18-2014, 10:01 PM
if we sorcerers complain about everyting it would be cause your classes's advanced weapons are stronger, all classes have strengths and weaknesses , when you rogues and tanks need mana you just come to us and say heal or "MANA"

No rogue or warrior worth their pride would go asking anyone else for heal or MANA. If you're running with those people, you need to find new team mates.

I know many mages who are superb at their class and assets to anyone they run with. They are not, and do not consider themselves, weak or lesser. They play as equals and are respected as such.

Ninjasmurf
10-19-2014, 01:12 AM
No rogue or warrior worth their pride would go asking anyone else for heal or MANA. If you're running with those people, you need to find new team mates.

I know many mages who are superb at their class and assets to anyone they run with. They are not, and do not consider themselves, weak or lesser. They play as equals and are respected as such.

In PvE, yes Mage is the best there for crowd control. The big issue is in PvP. Mages are mostly useless there compared to the other classes. Other than curse... What's the point of having a Mage on your team instead of a rogue or warrior?

Hail
10-19-2014, 01:32 AM
How do snakes look like cabbage? Maybe you need some glasses lol..

The rogues is allot better than mages. It's designed well and will add a different factor to the game. Who doesn't want moving snakes on their head to show off??!!

Dude I was just voicing my opinion lol as you and many others have done. Do you have a problem with that?
The vanity is not even completed yet and personally I like the design already.
And saying I need glasses? Maybe someone needs to grow up and respect peoples opinions more often :)