PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Inspecting other characters should cost 1 Plat.

Ipoopsy
10-17-2014, 08:47 PM
I think STS should implement inspecting other characters for 1 plat. There's too many people that loves to inspect people and won't run or do elite with anyone who's damage are low. And i think it's a stupid idea, when people doest that. I know quite a few people who plays better than most players who have arcane items and pets.

This way, it will give STS a way to earn some revenues. Plus, it will make pvp even more interesting.

What does everyone thinks?

Valkiryas
10-17-2014, 08:55 PM
-1 Too obviosly reasons

Ipoopsy
10-17-2014, 08:56 PM
oops wrong section. Could a dev/mod moved to appropriate area.

Thx

Instanthumor
10-17-2014, 08:58 PM
Maybe -1000gold mini gold sink aha

Ipoopsy
10-17-2014, 09:09 PM
That works also. Anything like that will give gold sink or $$$ for STS for people who love to inspect others.

Madnex
10-18-2014, 05:44 AM
Or we can just have customizable profiles for 5 plat that allow to hide any of the info on your profile that you want.

kinzmet
10-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Or the just add an "Reject Inspect" option, you know like the reject party or gifts.

Serancha
10-18-2014, 01:23 PM
People don't want to waste time which is why they refuse to run with people who have no damage. Charging for the inspect feature will not fix your inability to kill things. It will just mean people leave as soon as they see the performance rather than before they start. Pugs are already a waste of time and energy - doing 1/4 runs then then having to go find a proper party member would just make it worse.

Seriously, proper gear isn't even expensive and you don't need mythic OR arcane to have decent stats.

Seoratrek
10-18-2014, 02:33 PM
I've moved this to the suggestions forum.

Ebezaanec
10-18-2014, 03:01 PM
No thanks, if I am doing a test run for a possible recruit, then I want to know what his/her stats are.

How will it make PVP more interesting? I didn't even know there was a way to inspect while in PvP? If there is, I'd like to know.

Ipoopsy
10-18-2014, 09:56 PM
No thanks, if I am doing a test run for a possible recruit, then I want to know what his/her stats are.

How will it make PVP more interesting? I didn't even know there was a way to inspect while in PvP? If there is, I'd like to know.

So you would rather have people with great stats but can't play their characters well? What does that tell about you?

Ebezaanec
10-18-2014, 11:06 PM
So you would rather have people with great stats but can't play their characters well? What does that tell about you?

Let's say take the odds into account. If i invited a player with good stats, there is a high chance that he/she can play his/her character decently. I cannot say the same for a player with low stats.

Plus, if a player has low stats, I can divulge from his PvE kills how dedicated he is. Potions are expensive as you run the tombs and most people wouldn't bother with it anyways.

SacredKnight
10-18-2014, 11:16 PM
People don't want to waste time which is why they refuse to run with people who have no damage. Charging for the inspect feature will not fix your inability to kill things. It will just mean people leave as soon as they see the performance rather than before they start. Pugs are already a waste of time and energy - doing 1/4 runs then then having to go find a proper party member would just make it worse.

Seriously, proper gear isn't even expensive and you don't need mythic OR arcane to have decent stats.

There is a huge difference between "Decent" and "Useful"

falmear
10-19-2014, 03:22 PM
The real issue is when some one who doesn't have enough armor and/or health tries to do elite. Damage doesn't matter if you keep dieing. I'd rather play with someone who has a good amount of health and armor and knows how to play so they don't die. So you need to inspect people so you can advice people on gear changes they need to make. Many "top" players in this game couldn't play elite if they couldn't revive with plat. Even when they have the best gear in the game.

Hilyana
10-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Or give us the possibility to hide our stats/kdr's...

jiph
10-19-2014, 09:38 PM
My opinion is: that 1 plat should go to the person that was inspected iseenoobs would be a plat billionare by now for his world wide kdr

Ebezaanec
10-19-2014, 09:52 PM
My opinion is: that 1 plat should go to the person that was inspected iseenoobs would be a plat billionare by now for his world wide kdr

I'll just take this as a joke, but it's pretty obvious why it won't be useful.

jiph
10-19-2014, 10:02 PM
No jokes in here buddy

greekAL
10-20-2014, 06:26 AM
and how check ppl for guilds inv? :P

Ebezaanec
10-20-2014, 07:17 AM
No jokes in here buddy

Ok, then. People will make hundreds of fake accounts and inspect their real character 7 times with each fake account. Why 7? The 7 free plat you get in the beginning of course.

I think it's self explanatory why too much plat is a bad thing.

Serancha
10-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Serancha: So Mz. Recruiter. I ran with our new member today. He died 32 times in the first half of caves, and the run took us 35 minutes. Care to tell me something?

Recruiter: Sorry Sera, I know I'm supposed to check their stats before inviting them, to make sure they have enough experience to handle elites and stuff. But...you see the thing is... I lost my job last week, and I didn't have any plat left to check stats with, so when he told me he met requirements, I took him on his word.

Serancha finds out later that the warrior in question has 5000hp and is trying to run tinderin elite in level 36 gear.

I used damage as an example, and as Hali pointed out, there is more to it than just that. Do you see the problem?

fiftyonecents
10-22-2014, 06:58 PM
all good points made thus far.. I am gonna go with the option to hide your stat information...same as guild title...same as helm feature...same as load option...all useful features imo.

1 plat to view random average to pro players just isn't justified.

avoid the pugs through use of your immediate friend list at your disposal .....you can run maps through use of team effort or to go solo and keep a map to urself.