PDA

View Full Version : iTunes backup/restore questions

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Ok, as many of you know by now, my DD file got corrupted.
I did back up my phone a week or two ago, though. So I'd like to restore DD from backup. But I don't want to restore my entire phone, in case I lose progress on other games (not sure if gameloft games backup save data). Does anyone know without a doubt if this is possible?
I've never restored anything on my iPhone. Never had to, no problems yet. And I'd like to avoid any possible problems this may cause.
So if there is a way, can you please point me in the direction of some clear, step-by-step instructions?
If I lose data on all my gameloft games, I don't think I'll ever go back to complete them, bc most are at least 75% completed.

Thanks! (And I asked on the DD forum, but have not been getting very clear answers, so thought maybe this larger community would be of more help.)

Zeus
02-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Ya lesrider. I hate to break it to you but you are going to lose that data. It is stored on the phone and iTunes as of currently does not offer a way to save progress in an app. It's a pity... I know but think of it this way... When you are bored you will have something to do. I hope I helped. I have tried just about everything and I'm pretty sure there isn't a way you could save your other data from apps unless you play dd from a different source. Or did you try just deleting the app and downloading a clean source for DD. That way you only lose the data from DD and not other apps that you still want. Hope I helped!

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi range,
Thanks for the help.
Yeah, I know I can start over from scratch with DD, but I put a good 80+ hrs into the game and really don't want to do that. Especially since items are irreplaceable there -- you might find something similar/better, but you can't rely on it, bc items have very random stats.

I did back up my phone about a week ago, before the game got corrupted. So technically, I should have a clean save file on there. I know Infinity Blade is also supposed to back up data to iTunes, so I shouldn't lose that. But knowing gameloft, I doubt their games back up -- or at least not the older ones like DH, Avatar, etc.

So there's no way to restore just my backup of DD, leaving the rest intact?
If that's the case, I probably have to choose between my DD progress and all my gameloft games progress.

Sigh :(

asommers
02-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Or, you could stick with games that store their data on a server. :)

-ALS

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Or, you could stick with games that store their data on a server. :)

-ALS

Lol if only all companies were as wise and wonderful as you guys ;)

Anyway, can anyone confirm if gameloft games backup save data when synced to iTunes? They're lousy with support, unlike some other devs we know ;).

DawnInfinity
02-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Ya lesrider. I hate to break it to you but you are going to lose that data. It is stored on the phone and iTunes as of currently does not offer a way to save progress in an app. It's a pity... I know but think of it this way... When you are bored you will have something to do. I hope I helped. I have tried just about everything and I'm pretty sure there isn't a way you could save your other data from apps unless you play dd from a different source. Or did you try just deleting the app and downloading a clean source for DD. That way you only lose the data from DD and not other apps that you still want. Hope I helped!
Hehe you would know this ^ <3

giayuan
02-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Dude.. im almost officially quitting dungeon defenders D: it lags SO MUCH, the new update made me unable to equip my good weapon (im weaponless), and leveling just became insane. And i cant really level with me lagging and all... well, PL IS DA BEST! :D luv ya devs