PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Our lovely Game Designer!

hozukreti
10-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Hey designer,
Thanks for making our Arcane Legends more fun with variety of your designs.

But sometime, we saw you re-coloured old design to make it looks new. We just want to let you know, we have unofficial designer among our player! Look at last event, winter,halloween, they try to give you some fresh unique design for weapon, vanity, armor etc..

How about, open some contest (one month before event start) like " Wanted - Halloween Vanity Designer " and then make a pool for vote the best 3 holloween design, and then implement it in the event.

Some said to be successfull seller, you need to sell what people demand much, not selling what you love more.. Big company, invest on making survey before they start to make something new...Sorry for bad english, no offences and good luck for making this game still standing on #1

Serancha
10-18-2014, 09:47 PM
The reason recoloring is often used is because, as a mobile game, the designers have an extremely limited amount of bandwidth that they have to squish everything into.

Every completely unique graphic that is used takes up more of that precious stuff. In order to give us a regular supply new maps, vanities, monsters, and pets while staying in the data restrictions, recoloring is the best space-effective way to manage it. If it was a choice between an old graphic altered, or no new content, I am pretty sure 99% of us would choose the first.

Raselph
10-18-2014, 09:47 PM
Hey designer,
Thanks for making our Arcane Legends more fun with variety of your designs.

But sometime, we saw you re-coloured old design to make it looks new. We just want to let you know, we have unofficial designer among our player! Look at last event, winter,halloween, they try to give you some fresh unique design for weapon, vanity, armor etc..

How about, open some contest (one month before event start) like " Wanted - Halloween Vanity Designer " and then make a pool for vote the best 3 holloween design, and then implement it in the event.

Some said to be successfull seller, you need to sell what people demand much, not selling what you love more.. Big company, invest on making survey before they start to make something new...Sorry for bad english, no offences and good luck for making this game still standing on #1

agreed , but surprises would be better ya know...

Anarchist
10-18-2014, 10:17 PM
The reason recoloring is often used is because, as a mobile game, the designers have an extremely limited amount of bandwidth that they have to squish everything into.

Every completely unique graphic that is used takes up more of that precious stuff. In order to give us a regular supply new maps, vanities, monsters, and pets while staying in the data restrictions, recoloring is the best space-effective way to manage it. If it was a choice between an old graphic altered, or no new content, I am pretty sure 99% of us would choose the first.
>.<
I dont think its just cause of space...maybe haste. I mean for example the mythic weapons, those are mythic weapons, they should be unique not recycled imo.

@OP
+1 for players proposing their dream vanities!

Zylx
10-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Im not seeing very many recolorings. Just the watch/betrayer, elond ranger/gilded and jester sets (off the top of my head).

Then again, we dont really have that many vanities.

hozukreti
10-19-2014, 02:57 AM
Instead of old designs to get new colour, we also can give our idea for a new design, let say for new mythic weapon..we actually have much vanity and i dont want next vanity, armor,weapon get same design again..its bored ya know.

I had played some game on my phone with good armor design, like Dungeon Hunter 4. There an option to turn your graphic to very low,low,medium,high etc to reduced lag for old phone.