PDA

View Full Version : An idea for the devs when they are in towne

JemNI
02-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Devs, here's an idea for when you want to give away some antennae or other schwag. Go into town under a non-dev account so nobody can recognize you and just watch some chat. Wait until somebody asks for help of some sort (i.e. not begging, just asking a question) and whoever helps them, with an answer or directions, reward THAT player! Kind of a good behavior fairy. I believe in karma and I think it would be cool if the helpful and generous players got rewarded for that. I wish you could smack the players that respond with "yur momma" but meh. ;)

Royce
02-02-2011, 05:05 PM
I dunno, I usually reply to people's questions in town with a private tell to keep town chat from getting too messy...

Hekpoc
02-03-2011, 01:33 AM
I think the devs have a lot of things to worry about... rewarding just one person at a time just takes up too much energy that could be better put to use. Remember time is money and time is what is needed to develop these games. :-D

superglut2
02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Kinda pointless.. Id rather have devs spend their time developing more content then sit in chat for 3 hours waiting for newb to ask a question..

mycroftxxx
02-03-2011, 10:01 AM
I was thinking it might be helpful to have a couple of non-devs scouting out townes with lots of players and inviting them. They seem to miss some townes every time (like the one I was in last night).

StompArtist
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I was thinking it might be helpful to have a couple of non-devs scouting out townes with lots of players and inviting them. They seem to miss some townes every time (like the one I was in last night).

If your talking about dev stalking for antennas just join a game, click on towne and go to the one that shows a level higher than 50! :D

mycroftxxx
02-03-2011, 10:19 AM
If your talking about dev stalking for antennas just join a game, click on towne and go to the one that shows a level higher than 50! :D

No, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about making it easier for devs to find a towne with unadorned heads, so they don't have to do the scouting.

Also, that trick didn't work last night—asommers is only level 34.

Fyrce
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Join a game, filter for town only, and go to towns w/ high number of players. I would say 22+ players. 24 would be great, but very hard to get into.