PDA

View Full Version : A scam? I say yes!

Kossi
02-02-2011, 06:04 PM
So i see this kid advertising a build for 100k.., is this a scam? I think so, but they should be warned
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/ef387f79.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/9add584b.jpg

Oh and heres the best part! He hid his pvp stats because he has no pvp experience...... Lol cracks me up.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/af9c7e6f.jpg

Zipponator
02-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Errrr dont you meam combo not build?

Kossi
02-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Whatever. .

Conradin
02-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Scamathon
10charzz

noobmigo
02-02-2011, 06:10 PM
lulz, logic pwn. i really can't decide, since dude hid his pvp stats.

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Eh not a scam. If someone wants to buy it, their choice. He didn't try to sell it as anything other than what it is -- his combo. He didn't make any promises about what it'll do.

Why is it ok for lone and others to sell their builds/combos and not him?

noobmigo
02-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Because lone didn't hide his pvp stats

Kujen
02-02-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't like these. no item involved, easily leads to scams or false claims of scams

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 06:16 PM
If someone pays him without seeing his stats, they made their choice. I don't think it would be considered a "scam." if someone buys a used car without looking under the hood, they shouldn't complain when they get a lemon.

Zeus
02-02-2011, 06:21 PM
But he did try and scam them, He used the words "selling pvp super combo", implying that it is better then all those other combos out there, and he has proved it, and only under those circumstances he sold it. I met somebody yesterday trying to sell lone's combo... It was wrong though. I told him off though before he did any damage.

Kujen
02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
It is a scam if someone "bought it" and he runs off with their gold, giving nothing in return. If he gives them a combo, then you couldnt really call it one. But if lies about giving you something in return and you get nothing, that's a scam. If his intent is to trick people into giving him gold for nothing. But unless somebody has dealt with this guy, we don't know if he has scammed or not. That's why I would be weary of paying for something that doesn't involve an item.

rku
02-02-2011, 06:26 PM
This isn't scamming, this is potentially taking advantage of stupidity, but not scamming. If someone wants to pay 100k to learn an alleged super pvp combo from a random no name with hidden stats in balefort, they should be able to, at their own discretion.

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 06:27 PM
It is a scam if someone "bought it" and he runs off with their gold, giving nothing in return. If he gives them a combo, then you couldnt really call it one. But if lies about giving you something in return and you get nothing, that's a scam. If his intent is to trick people into giving him gold for nothing. But unless somebody has dealt with this guy, we don't know if he has scammed or not. That's why I would be weary of paying for something that doesn't involve an item.

Yeah that's what I meant -- if he gives the combo, it's not a scam, even if you don't like the combo.

If lone could offer to sell his combo, so should others. There's no guarantee that lone won't scam someone by taking their money and running, just like there's no guarantee with this guy. But just offering his combo in itself is no more a scam than lone offering his.

ChineseKid
02-02-2011, 06:29 PM
ok. just let u know. candywarrior is me and i am not a bad person ok.. i just want sell my combo. i dont just take ur money and run away, i will tell u my combo. i never said u have to buy it. it is ur choice. and the reason i hide it is because i dont want people call me a hacker.

so, just let u guy to know i am a good person. it is a good combo. u dont have to buy it. just saying...

noobmigo
02-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Well, if lone offered his combo, and scammed it would be the worst mistake ever. Even worse than LBJ's Decision. As a big-name player, he already has a few haters. Scamming would set the whole PL world on his head. I mean, if this guy (Candywarrior) scammed, his victim would go around going "I got scammed by ______" The people in Towne would be like WTF, noob. But if his victim said "I got scammed by Thelonearcher" there would be tremendous outrage. Trust me.

Zeus
02-02-2011, 06:32 PM
ok. just let u know. candywarrior is me and i am not a bad person ok.. i just want sell my combo. i dont just take ur money and run away, i will tell u my combo. i never said u have to buy it. it is ur choice. and the reason i hide it is because i dont want people call me a hacker.

so, just let u guy to know i am a good person. it is a good combo. u dont have to buy it. just saying...

Ok, fight me in game. We will validate your claim if it is a good combo or not :). Add apollo.

ChineseKid
02-02-2011, 06:33 PM
oh yeah. pluse i did not say it is lone combo. it is my own combo.. it is pretty good

bpatterson007
02-02-2011, 06:33 PM
This isn't scamming, this is potentially taking advantage of stupidity, but not scamming. If someone wants to pay 100k to learn an alleged super pvp combo from a random no name with hidden stats in balefort, they should be able to, at their own discretion.

This
/char

Kossi
02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
oh yeah. pluse i did not say it is lone combo. it is my own combo.. it is pretty good

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z333/Kossii/haha.jpg

jaggedlilpill
02-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Okay I lurk mostly, but I think it's a scam/rip off either way. I don't think it should be alllowable to sell anything that isn't an 'item', so to speak in any game. Another words you shouldn't be allowed to sell ideas, intelligence, etc. If someone wants to offer to help and you want to give them a gift, that's different but advertising, and/or asking for items/gold for something like this, should be disallowed.

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Okay I lurk mostly, but I think it's a scam/rip off either way. I don't think it should be alllowable to sell anything that isn't an 'item', so to speak in any game. Another words you shouldn't be allowed to sell ideas, intelligence, etc. If someone wants to offer to help and you want to give them a gift, that's different but advertising, and/or asking for items/gold for something like this, should be disallowed.

Seems like a gray area, bc people can give away gold, so where would they draw the line between giving someone a gift and giving them for info? Or powerleveling? I really don't see how this can be enforced. Or why it should be. If you want to take the risk by giving money for a service and/or info, that's your choice. There's no secure trade system for that, so you take the risk of losing your money. That's just how it is.

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I think lone scammed dynastu out of 200k?

Lesrider
02-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I think lone scammed dynastu out of 200k?

Lol case in point.

jjjjaaaakkkke
02-02-2011, 08:17 PM
He tested his new combo on me, he absolutely NEEDS crit to win.