PDA

View Full Version : New auto-chat select is horrible. Please put it back

Serancha
10-21-2014, 05:27 PM
This needs to be put back asap. Please.

I lead a guild and especially at event time, need to answer questions by pm / guildchat as well as speak to my party. Having to delete names /guildchat /officer /partychat every time I want to speak is a huge waste of time, and making me unable to even answer half my messages, as I have parties waiting on me. This is terrible for communication with anyone, and especially for someone who often has 5 or 10 conversations running at a time.

It's not even using the abbreviated /g /o /p - it's the whole stupid command that needs deleting every time I want to say anything to anyone. I rarely get angry about things, but this has just ruined the entire update day.

Zylx
10-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Button layouts on the hud would be a much more effective way to illustrate the purpose of quick chats.

Have like 4 load outs that you can save.

Example: You set a /g command, so everytime you tap on that loadout, the chatbox opens up with that command.

I've already mistakenly PM'd someone "/g lol"

aarrgggggg
10-21-2014, 06:50 PM
im not liking the new chat either.....200 wc's in 3 hours lol

Serancha
10-21-2014, 07:04 PM
It's the fact that we have to delete the entire commnds every time we want to say anything. It's also not remembering the last chat properly. I have had to delete /recommand up to 8 times in a row before it remembers who I'm talking to, and by then I am trying to talk to someone else.

There are so many things that need attention in this game. I can not understand the logic behind changing something that was not broken and nobody asked to be different. And now the entire chat system is totally ruined. Not only that, it was put in a full client. Why don't the devs consult their users before putting in major changes like this, especially when they don't even work?

Higuani
10-21-2014, 07:27 PM
This is just LOL. Daaaaamn so many wrong chats atm goin on zzz

Candylicks
10-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Hey guys did you chat when you tested the client? The auto chat is horrible when you switch from party to guild you have to sit there and backspace what is auto filled. Come on, how can we do that when playing the game!?! Tons of mistells, is very frustrating enjoy the game and run a guild with this set up. I implore you to go back to the old chat functions, this is really bad.

Schnitzel
10-21-2014, 08:44 PM
I have a suggestion for the chat log:

for normal talking (meaning to everyone in the towne), its just like regular chatting (like in the last AL Client)

For other chats (example: /p /o /r ), if we write "/", then a list of options will appear (with the most recent at the top of the list) kind of like how a programming IDE works.

I'm not sure if STS uses Netbeans to program, but I was thinking something like this

(this was cut from a piece of code for my APCompSci hw)

where in the picture it says "line2." that would be the "/"
the list menu (the box with things that say "getSlope()" or "toString()" etc. ) will show a list of commands that can be used, and the user clicks on the one they want to use

Ticklish
10-21-2014, 09:33 PM
It is EXTREMELY annoying. Where has the /r gone to, btw? I've been talking less in guildchat since the update. It's such a pain to chat, and sometimes that's all we do.

Blissfulgod
10-21-2014, 10:46 PM
The chat update is annoying and unnecessary. Why change a chat that worked just fine to begin with? Do as the players (now) do: Delete Delete Delete Delete this update.

Heiress
10-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Least have the option to turn it off it's driving me nuts

machinedog
10-21-2014, 11:19 PM
I like the idea of have the option to use it or not. It has its uses (for ppl like me who slip in wrong command sometimes lol ) but its easy to see how it can be a problem also :-/

Zylx
10-21-2014, 11:32 PM
Let's face it. The new Quick Chat system is a giant accident waiting to happen. I understand STS's purpose behind it, but its execution is majorly flawed. I have PM'd people "/g lol" messages, GC'd "/r lol" messages, and its a very tedious adjustment in the fact that it takes over the normal chat box.

An alternative to this would be to insert icons throughout the HUD that, when clicked/tapped on, that command would be inserted into your chat. Examples:

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/21/6498346d402eee2f89cecc144bf152cc.jpg

Or

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/21/48c2a8042054ef1dfb7f9f3cd5842216.jpg

Otahaanak
10-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Do the right thing and revert it or add the option to turn it off.

Raselph
10-21-2014, 11:34 PM
Let's face it. The new Quick Chat system is a giant accident waiting to happen. I understand STS's purpose behind it, but its execution is majorly flawed. I have PM'd people "/g lol" messages, GC'd "/r lol" messages, and its a very tedious adjustment in the fact that it takes over the normal chat box.

An alternative to this would be to insert icons throughout the HUD that, when clicked/tapped on, that command would be inserted into your chat. Examples:

Or

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/21/48c2a8042054ef1dfb7f9f3cd5842216.jpg

AGREED nab

Arpluvial
10-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Hey guys!

I have merged two feedback threads on this same topic. :)

twoxc
10-22-2014, 12:13 AM
I'm already lazy enough typing /p or /g or /o when ever I chat before. Now I'm even more lazy and on top of that ANNOYED and FRUSTRATING, having to delete /guildchat, /partychat and /officer every time while trying to communicate back and forth with people/pm/officer and guild chat. Errrrr so many wrong messages and wrong reply wtf.

Anarchist
10-22-2014, 12:39 AM
I already fail chat 30% of anything i write on my own. Now add this.

+

Pvp normal chat is gone too.

Imo it was better to
Type /team once in a while than type /all most of the time.

Bluesparky
10-22-2014, 01:30 AM
Please add the extra option to turn it off. Until its get to easier way. Earlier one was better.

Itoopeo
10-22-2014, 01:50 AM
I didnt even try this yet but i know thats very very bad idea.
But halloween event comes to PL so i dont need to stand this system in AL for a while

Naoavi
10-22-2014, 01:57 AM
Button layouts on the hud would be a much more effective way to illustrate the purpose of quick chats.

Have like 4 load outs that you can save.

Example: You set a /g command, so everytime you tap on that loadout, the chatbox opens up with that command.

I've already mistakenly PM'd someone "/g lol"

You can do this by programming some swipe gestures in Android. I use it all the time.

CuteFrog
10-22-2014, 02:24 AM
how to party solo? /partyi 000 not working anyone help me how to do it?

Sent from Apple

Qnoy
10-22-2014, 02:30 AM
how to party solo? /partyi 000 not working anyone help me how to do it?

Sent from Apple
/partyinvite aaa still work for me

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

tearacan
10-22-2014, 05:21 AM
i don't mind a smart chat, if it is helping making me lazy. But this chat is just remembering 1 command to infinity. I even get commands for pm a friend who is already offline, that can't be smart.

Maybe if you could click/tab on a line of text which creates a command to continue that conversation, now that would be smart (to me). But then again /g for guildchat isnt that long to type, its mostly going wrong with /t usernames and those always end up in alerts. (Even lazy me uses /r most of the time) Those alerts already worked. We already have alerts which pre-create the commands already, they just didn't show. Perhaps show those commands so the user can be sure of pm the other player.
An option for smart chat would always be nice, but i don't see how people ever gonna be happy to use this type of chat. Just like most of us disabled the chat filter :devilish:

Limsi
10-22-2014, 05:55 AM
what's the purpose of it btw? any intents?

Ilvias
10-22-2014, 06:42 AM
The new chat is (how to say it politely?) awful. It's not efficient. Takes more time to delete the word and check where the message goes than to type it.

Zylx
10-22-2014, 10:27 AM
what's the purpose of it btw? any intents?

It supposedly makes it easier for us...

ClumsyCactus
10-22-2014, 12:13 PM
I will fail sooner or later, and since i sometimes discuss my IRL friends problems with them while i am online, it would not really be good if i suddenly shouted "SO, ANNABELL, YOUR ACCIDENTALLY SAW YOUR BROTHER NAKED" or something like that to the guild...
(Disclaimer, i know nobody named ANNABELL, and if anyone feels that the story is about them, its not, its random stuff from my head)

Rubana
10-22-2014, 01:07 PM
is it such a big effort to write /g /p /o or whatever?

extrapayah
10-22-2014, 01:28 PM
my suggestion will be either:

- add option to activate/deactivate smart chat, or

- every time smart chat do the job, we could press 'space' to automatically remove the suggested chat type, e.g.:
1. i chat to guild
2. i open the chat dialog, seeing /guildchat already added
3. i press space, /guildchat automatically deleted from chat dialog
4. i can type anything from start

Nesox
10-22-2014, 01:47 PM

I recommened adding buttons to the chat window over a year ago. At the time I seemed to be the only one who thought that the chat was in need of improvement. Adding more buttons to the main screen would be annoying; they should appear up when you open a chat window. The old chat was overly cumbersome, the new system is just plain FUBAR.

Lovehertz
10-22-2014, 01:48 PM
This is by far the worst thing about the update. It's all over the place!

I'll be typing in guildchat, then I go to type again and it'll autotype for me to respond to someone I was talking to 30min prior. Or I won't even be in party and it'll auto populate /partychat. I don't know if the goal was meant for this to be intuitive.....because it's the complete opposite.

I'm sure your aim was to help with chat fails and ease of typing, but it didn't work. It is now successfully 100% more difficult and annoying.

Mouly
10-22-2014, 04:12 PM
For people playing on Chrome:

If you want to remove /guildchat or /tell [target] really fast, just push arrow up and then arrow down. Saves a good amount of time and frustration.

Peace.

tankk
10-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Agreed take out auto chat, so annoying!

Raselph
10-22-2014, 09:48 PM
/partyinvite aaa still work for me

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

well i dont have any probllems with this since im using voice chat into text chat through my S5 , and my S5 doesnt take long just like in 30 seconds

so my samgsng gets confused with the old text like /partychat etc and it justs shut offs my chat sysem...

Soundlesskill
10-23-2014, 09:43 AM
It screws my PMs up so bad. Plus I have GC and PC..

wenoleya
10-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Please bring back the old chat. I always do a great amount of wrong sends with the old one, and this new chat system is making it even worse!!

Oh, also: i suggest an offline message inbox too. It'll be convenient in so many ways.

Ardbeg
10-23-2014, 10:02 PM
/g i am in wrong chat hell now. get me out, please!

Caabatric
10-23-2014, 10:13 PM
fix pls!!!
Nobody likes the new chat system

Serancha
10-23-2014, 10:25 PM
It's just getting worse. People are not getting used to it. I can't even answer half my PM's. Officer / Guild and Party chats get sent all over the place, resulting in officers being too annoyed to speak because they have to delete the /command to talk to anyone at all.

I don't think STS realizes how many times we change our message targets in a given day, or even in an hour.

I could say this is a normal 5 minutes for me. (/zc stands for zone chat)

/zc: Please stop spamming my pm
/r Name1: Sure I'd love to join the party
/p Hello everyone
/g Sorry I can't join, I just got invited to a party
/o Can someone give that person a hand? I'm running event LB
/zc: Alright let's run this boss
/g No I don't know where the 5th ghost is. Try Paradise Pier
/r Name2: I am not going to tell you how much I spent on the event. Asking things like that is rude.
/r Name3: I have an offer for 35m on my bonesaw, what's your offer?
/p No I don't mind if namethischar joins. Invite away!
/r Name4: Hang on, I am waiting on another bid
/o Rav can you get hold of Name4 and see if he'll up the 40M Name3 just bid? I'm getting killed here
/zc: Crap I can't dodge spikes with 6 conversations going on
/p Hold up a sec, I need more potions
/r Name5: How's it going Name5, did you sell your singe yet?
/t Name1: Hang on I've got to sell this thing, Invite me back in 5
/partyinv Name4

Now add in the time it takes to backspace out /officer /guildchat /partychat /tell reallylongname every time I change chat targets in there, and there is no time left to play the game.

SacredKnight
10-26-2014, 07:31 PM
I am not going to lie, I find quite useful sometimes whilst other instances it's quite the burden. TBH I think we should be able to customize it, e.g. "Do you want it to save your previous PM?" Or Save Guild Chatting. Possibly save the chat "thingy" if there has been 3 or more messages to that destination e.g. Three PM's to someone it saves who you are talking to or Three Guild Messages. etc.

Serancha
10-26-2014, 09:18 PM
Or just give an option to turn it off. Someone who normally has a chat log like I do (described in my last post here) has no use for this and finds it so much of a chore that they are now not even answering half their messages. Someone who just sits in town and guild chats all day, may find it useful. I don't get what the problem was with the original /g /o /p /r /t commands.

Also there's a bug that if you try to /r someone and your ipad makes the r into a capital R, the pm will not send and you have to type it all over again.

Candylicks
10-27-2014, 07:29 AM
The capital letter bug for /r slays me. That is sooooo annoying.

Raregem
10-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Then auto-chat is a headache! Fail has become the new "it" word.

Serancha
10-28-2014, 03:50 AM
It just keeps getting more annoying by the day.

Why have a mobile game and force people to delete 7-10 (or more) characters every time they want to talk to someone else? Especially when added to the way the mobile keyboards (at least ios) lag in towns and never read the first character you type....it's just way too much.

Mobile means fast and simple and easy to use. This is none of the above.

It is also bugged: when I delete the auto-written word "guildchat" and put "p" for partychat after the /, it then keeps making me guildchat when I next go to talk. So to have it remember the new command you need to delete and re-enter the / as well as the auto-filled command before pointing it where you want. And by that time, you are trying to answer someone else.

It couldn't possibly be more of a waste of everyone's time. Nobody is even having conversations in game anymore because they constantly chat fail and have to type everything multiple times.

I log onto my alt and open the keyboard, and it says /tell soandso - the person who I spoke to 20 minutes ago when I was on another toon.

If you can't / won't put it back, we need to be able to turn this off. As much as I respect the devs here and what they do, this feature is not going to work.

Bless
10-28-2014, 06:17 AM
I keep having to hit backspace EVERYTIME I want to chat, wth is this? Do STG not want us to chat?

Soundlesskill
10-28-2014, 06:54 AM
It just keeps getting more annoying by the day.

Why have a mobile game and force people to delete 7-10 (or more) characters every time they want to talk to someone else? Especially when added to the way the mobile keyboards (at least ios) lag in towns and never read the first character you type....it's just way too much.

Mobile means fast and simple and easy to use. This is none of the above.

It is also bugged: when I delete the auto-written word "guildchat" and put "p" for partychat after the /, it then keeps making me guildchat when I next go to talk. So to have it remember the new command you need to delete and re-enter the / as well as the auto-filled command before pointing it where you want. And by that time, you are trying to answer someone else.

It couldn't possibly be more of a waste of everyone's time. Nobody is even having conversations in game anymore because they constantly chat fail and have to type everything multiple times.

I log onto my alt and open the keyboard, and it says /tell soandso - the person who I spoke to 20 minutes ago when I was on another toon.

If you can't / won't put it back, we need to be able to turn this off. As much as I respect the devs here and what they do, this feature is not going to work.

I keep having to hit backspace EVERYTIME I want to chat, wth is this? Do STG not want us to chat?

Come on STS

Ticklish
10-28-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm hoping an update for this will be in Thursday or Friday's patch. It's beyond unbearable. Especially when typing on an ipad mini, which has suddenly become too slow after the ios 7 client of the app.

Sorcerie
10-28-2014, 10:22 AM
I agree with everyone, this needs fixed or removed ASAP.

It's frustrating to have to constantly remove characters when before all you had to do was enter two simple commands to talk to any one conversation you were having. Sure, the occasional wrong chat slipped out here and there because of my lack of attention to who im talking to, but with this system it's just one failed attempt to speak after another.

I didn't really understand the need to implement something like this when the old way worked just fine.

If it ain't broke...

Serancha
10-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Any dev response?

Candylicks
10-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Any dev response?

Rem said in CB they are fixing it w/ the next maintenance.

Serancha
10-28-2014, 04:58 PM
I read "making it slightly less annoying" which may or may not be the same thing. Reserving opinion on that until we see how much less annoying. Hopefully enough less so it's like the original... STS has been doing well with listening to our feedback recently, so we'll trust that they can come up with a workable solution.

Shimada
11-01-2014, 07:07 AM
This needs to be put back asap. Please.

It's not even using the abbreviated /g /o /p - it's the whole stupid command that needs deleting every time I want to say anything to anyone. I rarely get angry about things, but this has just ruined the entire update day.

+1 for this. STS devs please provide a workaround on this matter. Provide also a timer on chat which I think Serancha also suggested. Make it like if your not chatting to other toon by 1 or 2 mins then clear the name of whom your talking to.

Amokaachi
11-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Smart chat is really annoying..Give us the option to turn it off please..

Serancha
11-01-2014, 05:10 PM
We're living in chat fail hell. Trying to answer someone while mid-run is hard enough. Having to backspace a ton just to reply is deadly. On ios we can't even just hold down the backspace key. We have to hit it once for every letter that needs deleting, causing further delays.

Nobody is finding it less of a pita as they "get used to it"

SacredKnight
11-01-2014, 05:33 PM
I feel like STS introduced this new chat system to stop us from chatting in guild halls and castles so we have more time to farm locks in Brakenbridge. Which might I add is still more profitable then the Planar Arena.

Soundlesskill
11-03-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't think STS gives any forks about this.

Serancha
11-03-2014, 04:15 PM
If they expect us to get used to it, it's not going to happen. We might be able to adapt to single letter commands but forcing us to delete full word commands just to speak is not ok at all.

It's intrusive, ruins the flow of the game, gets people killed and severely impares communication in a game that is supposed to be played socially with others. For a fast and easy to pick-up-and-play game, this has the opposite effect. It's slow, cumbersome and is not something people can "get used to and get over it"

Some developer response would be appreciated.

Ardbeg
11-03-2014, 04:29 PM
i wish a dev would try to manage a guild for a day on a tablet with the new chat features.

Samhayne
11-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Hey gang,

We know that the chat refinements could use some more work. The time to change is wrapped up with a new client version. So, with that in mind, and to help set expectations, it will be weeks before that additional work can go live.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Soundlesskill
11-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Hey gang,

We know that the chat refinements could use some more work. The time to change is wrapped up with a new client version. So, with that in mind, and to help set expectations, it will be weeks before that additional work can go live.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

*Gangs*

Dex Scene
11-06-2014, 05:21 AM
True, also if you have /g or /r saved in your chat system, /all or /team don't get saved. So annoying to delete and type /team again when you are getting ganged or in a clash!

Serancha
11-06-2014, 07:07 AM
The worst is when someone with a long name has pm'd you and it keeps remembering that no matter how many times you backspace it out trying to talk to anyone else at all.

Dex Scene
11-06-2014, 01:26 PM
The worst is when someone with a long name has pm'd you and it keeps remembering that no matter how many times you backspace it out trying to talk to anyone else at all.
Lmao! Iam going to ignore people with big ign.