PDA

View Full Version : omg the chat system!

epicrrr
10-22-2014, 02:51 AM
The way it stays on the last chat command was neat and probably good in ways but. Because months of using /g /p /o /r chat commands theyve become second nature to us, thus we tend to type the command at every start of a chat thus our hand muscle memory is having a hard time.

click "enter"

heres a scenario of typing chat command at every start of chat.

/guildchat /o hey what im about to type is for officers eyes only.

/guildchat /g omg i just said it out loud.

/guildchat /r i miss you bro! <3

/tell bromance: /g this is a very very very very long chat which i dont want to retype.

Hope they change the chat system where our last chat command becomes our default, but we can override them when we put /p /r /o etc.

/guildchat /o hey all ---> /officer: hey all

/guildchat /r <3 you too bro! ---> you tell bromance: <3 you too bro!

thoughts?

or better yet revert to the old chat system.

Pollata1246
10-22-2014, 03:06 AM
dumb idiea!!

Froxanthar
10-22-2014, 03:15 AM
Good one.

epicrrr
10-22-2014, 03:32 AM
typing from guild chat to general/world chat is very diffficult.

Allocate
10-22-2014, 04:48 AM
I like this idea, good one! :)

However, it will have problems:

/officer /w Hello = Outputs to World Chat = is your suggestion

The Problem is when you are trying to explain to a someone in GC and tell him to type /w in order to talk in World chat. If you try it, all your information will output to the world chat instead of the GC.

Chrisaetoshawker
10-22-2014, 06:01 AM
Maybe make a button right below the chat?
So we can stick to one kind and change by clicking that button

KingMartin
10-22-2014, 11:45 AM
I don't understand in which way the new chat is any better than before.

The biggest problem are "wc's" when speaking to several players at once and this is not any help, rather an opposite. Relying on "/r" hoping that I reply to the last person who sent me PM results in even more errors than before. Private chat is a sheer nightmare.

ClumsyCactus
10-22-2014, 12:16 PM
dumb idiea!!

A sig with 2 guilds? Where is the eminence Pride! ;)

firechandra
10-22-2014, 04:09 PM
I have to delete /guildchat more many times than I need to use it and now talking both in guild and in map for example needs a lot more time (near a boss is very frustrating because you risk to die). I've not yet seen a player prefering the new chat to the old one I hope they will change it or return to the old one but I have to say that they did a good job with the event bosses

Lovehertz
10-22-2014, 04:17 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?182289-New-auto-chat-select-is-horrible-Please-put-it-back

Here is a tread where most of the feedback is

Samhayne
10-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Hey guys,

We're sorry to hear you are having trouble with the changes we implemented to the chat system. Our intent was to make chatting to streamlined. We better understand your complaints and appreciate your feedback.

We are looking at ways to refine it and will update you as the team comes to conclusions.