PDA

View Full Version : LB Rewards - Mod/Devs Question

Titanium
10-22-2014, 05:39 AM
Like in Ursoth's event, the top 50 players for each class will receive a radical looking rotating Jack o' Lantern vanity banner (Top Left). Then the top 25 rogues will also receive the Medusa Vanity Costume (Top Right), complete with wriggling and slithering snakes on top of her head. Top 25 warriors get the Frankenstein Vanity Costume (Bottom Left), with sparks of electricity all around his big 'ol bolts. And, last but not least, the Top 25 sorcerers get their very own Ghost Costume Vanity. Spooooky!

On the event leaderboard it shows as if you can win vanities for all classes, and many of us run for lb thinking those are the prizes. Is it a misunderstanding? Will those on top only win 1 vanity set per class?

Titanium
10-22-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm still looking for this info !

octavos
10-22-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm still looking for this info !

considering once you make silver tier..you get 3 Halloween pumpkin helms (one for each class)..im thinking.....yes, you get all 3 sets.
thing is were missing amulet from silver tier

Titanium
10-22-2014, 09:56 AM
considering once you make silver tier..you get 3 Halloween pumpkin helms (one for each class)..im thinking.....yes, you get all 3 sets.
thing is were missing amulet from silver tier

That's what i thought too ! But i want to know for sure !

Remiem
10-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, to clear this up, all of the top 25 winners for each class will receive ALL 3 vanities. That way, if you win on a twink, you've got a vanity for your main, or vice versa. They are only stashable though, not tradeable. So no trade-sies except to yourself.

octavos
10-22-2014, 10:22 AM
They are only stashable though, not tradeable. So no trade-sies except to yourself.

So much for anyone making money on those vanities XD I was thinking of running LB, but not I won't (I feel better about that, glad they cant be sold :p)...so how about....a purchasable/tradable version :)

Haligali
10-22-2014, 10:25 AM
Hey guys, to clear this up, all of the top 25 winners for each class will receive ALL 3 vanities. That way, if you win on a twink, you've got a vanity for your main, or vice versa. They are only stashable though, not tradeable. So no trade-sies except to yourself.

Please consider to make them tradeable, energy kits costs a lot, need to pay off somehow.

octavos
10-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Please consider to make them tradeable, energy kits costs a lot, need to pay off somehow.

See that right there, right there...what you said....is a reason for a purchasable version (with plat). So the people who do get LB Vanities cant extort new players out of outrageous gold prices. EG: SnS or nightshade or even a shard

danley
10-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Haha

Zeus
10-22-2014, 10:38 AM

Please please please make them tradeable! Otherwise, there's no incentive to run and spend millions of gold! On top of that, for those that do not have time, they cannot purchase a vanity off of someone who did have the time!

Zeus
10-22-2014, 10:40 AM
See that right there, right there...what you said....is a reason for a purchasable version (with plat). So the people who do get LB Vanities cant extort new players out of outrageous gold prices. EG: SnS or nightshade or even a shard

It's not extorting...either you can afford it or you cannot - just like real life!

For someone like me, who is much too busy to be running an event for the vanity - I'd much rather pay someone a great deal of gold who went through the trouble of running the event.

octavos
10-22-2014, 10:41 AM
It's not extorting...either you can afford it or you cannot - just like real life!

For someone like me, who is much too busy to be running an event for the vanity - I'd much rather pay someone a great deal of gold who went through the trouble of running the event.

Yea with the gold inflation the way it is..only the rich would trade amongst themselves, So I say nope.
Real life any player can just buy the plat and buy them so i see no justification from a LB runner (its a prize for the LB runner). Plus the devs can get income on top of that...I see a win/win for average players and devs.

Haligali
10-22-2014, 10:44 AM

You want a purchasable version for 2000+ plat?

Zeus
10-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Yea with the gold inflation the way it is..only the rich would trade amongst themselves, So I say nope.

Just like anything, exclusive items will always have a crazy high premium that others will not be able to afford. The inflation has been dead and vanities are actually lowering in price slowly but steadily. With each new item release, you will see that impact tenfold.

Would the rich trade it among themselves? Sure, but they're the only ones that can afford it. Make sense?

Also, keep in mind that there are 75 of each vanity, 75. I'm sure you could pick one up at a reasonable price.

octavos
10-22-2014, 10:45 AM
You want a purchasable version for 2000+ plat?

sure, if I don't got the time..i have real cash. Devs cant eat on virtual gold currency. I bought the gold vanity for 500 plat in PL..this would be no different.

Laveen
10-22-2014, 10:49 AM
I agree with Hali.

It's pointless and makes no sense if we spend millions of golds on kits/lots of money on plats and spend 12 days to earn something you can't ever sell again. If Remiem didn't give us this info we would have lost 20m golds for basically nothing useful like the solid gold vanity.
Please, make a decision fast! Ty.

Rare
10-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Think you guys went in the right direction making these untradeable. If you want them... earn them. If you don't want to spend the gold/plat/time to earn them, then you can't have them.

octavos
10-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Just like anything, exclusive items will always have a crazy high premium that others will not be able to afford. The inflation has been dead and vanities are actually lowering in price slowly but steadily. With each new item release, you will see that impact tenfold.

Would the rich trade it among themselves? Sure, but they're the only ones that can afford it. Make sense?

Also, keep in mind that there are 75 of each vanity, 75. I'm sure you could pick one up at a reasonable price.

Like me and you zeus, we could afford such outrageous prices. We need players to stay and have a reason to and feel that items are in there reach..do I need to post the video of the whales in MMO's again? Because being rich is nothing without having friends who don't have deep pockets. I personally love the decision that the devs have made and items will always lower with time. Its the nature of the beast.

Now investing on vanities are the name of the game now a days..get the ones with tokens.

Thats why i posted that a version for plat needs to be available so even the average joe can feel that they accomplished something. If not devs would have release an arcane item for the top ballers.

Rare
10-22-2014, 10:51 AM
I agree with Hali.

It's pointless and makes no sense if we spend millions of golds on kits/lots of money on plats and spend 12 days to earn something you can't ever sell again. If Remiem didn't give us this info we would have lost 20m golds for basically nothing useful like the solid gold vanity.
Please, make a decision fast! Ty.

Exactly. Means normal people may have a chance to obtain something like this by "actually playing". Not buying with millions and millions of gold. And not by bank rolling other players to do it for you.

Pirate Captain
10-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Lb rewards have never been tradeable why would you expect these ones to be?

Zeus
10-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Lb rewards have never been tradeable why would you expect these ones to be?

The event leaderboard rewards have always been tradable.

Pirate Captain
10-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Ooh I wasn't here for last event my b

Laveen
10-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Exactly. Means normal people may have a chance to obtain something like this by "actually playing". Not buying with millions and millions of gold. And not by bank rolling other players to do it for you.
What if you need 30m one day for new mythics and got nothing but your untradeable halloween vanities? If they become tradeable then other people who wanted them, but didnt get to top on lb, would have the chance to buy from you. That's more fair, imo.

Haligali
10-22-2014, 10:59 AM
sure, if I don't got the time..i have real cash. Devs cant eat on virtual gold currency. I bought the gold vanity for 500 plat in PL..this would be no different.

I understand your point, but what if i dont like the mage vanity, so if i could sell for gold later, then i would gladly purchase plat now to finance my lb runs.

Sibayjing
10-22-2014, 11:00 AM
If it is tradeable, I think one vanity per winner is more fair. One vanity for each toon in account is a bit abused

octavos
10-22-2014, 11:06 AM
I understand your point, but what if i dont like the mage vanity, so if i could sell for gold later, then i would gladly purchase plat now to finance my lb runs.

I want the ghost vanity, just because my IGN matches the vanity (reallllly badddlllyy) I would def run LB. I understand that you would finance plat to run it..but now this mean more then just a few rich people can try there luck and not break the bank to run for the nice prizes. People who do run it should do it because they want the items to keep (like me I would keep them I have 3 mains)...and not try to extort players just because they spent energy kits, time, and some plat.

But there is cheaper and cost effective options, aslong as the devs try them out.

Anarchist
10-22-2014, 11:12 AM
People will still run the LB for sure but dont expect any intensity.
As for LB rewards available for plat No just No.

The reward is already not tradeable and wont grant any income...if even the exclusivity gets removed .you can throw your LB in the trash can.

octavos
10-22-2014, 11:13 AM
People will still run the LB for sure but dont expect any intensity.
As for LB rewards available for plat No just No.

The reward is already not tradeable and wont grant any income...add on that its not even exclusivr...and you throw your LB in the trash can
re-colored bud Never did I say the same ones purchasable and lb already get a gift because they get 3 sets.

the only thing exclusivity is anything 1st season...and holiday items always return..just look at this years and last years event.
Im just speeding up the inevitable.

Rare
10-22-2014, 11:24 AM
What if you need 30m one day for new mythics and got nothing but your untradeable halloween vanities? If they become tradeable then other people who wanted them, but didnt get to top on lb, would have the chance to buy from you. That's more fair, imo.

I guess its just a difference in opinion on what an event should be. Play and have fun and compete? or Bankroll for possible mythics down the road.

Play here and now in my opinion. Waitng and waiting and waiting is boring.

Make everything bound (almost). I play another game like that... its MUCH more enjoyable.

Pirate Captain
10-22-2014, 11:25 AM
But still it's probably for the same reason that season lb banners aren't tradeable

Haligali
10-22-2014, 11:27 AM
I want the ghost vanity, just because my IGN matches the vanity (reallllly badddlllyy) I would def run LB. I understand that you would finance plat to run it..but now this mean more then just a few rich people can try there luck and not break the bank to run for the nice prizes. People who do run it should do it because they want the items to keep (like me I would keep them I have 3 mains)...and not try to extort players just because they spent energy kits, time, and some plat.

But there is cheaper and cost effective options, aslong as the devs try them out.

Yea thats another problem, many people see these events as a main gold income. Its not necessarily wrong, because not rly worth farming elite maps and tombs in this part of the season.

I'm a bit of both, i still got my mythic ring which i won on time run contest last summer, many people sold for high price 10m+, i still got it, because im using it. At this event, i really want that frankenstein vanity for my warrior twink, i think it is the best looking vanity in the history of the game, but a few gold would be nice, if i could sell some other things.

Heiress
10-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Alright listen, I don't think it's right that sts wasn't open about these new restrictions on lb vanities from the get go. Even right now there's no indication on the prize description when I click on my name. Not gd.

On prizes - The time, effort and money spent should at least earn us the freedom to pass on the prize to whoever the darn heck we please. Whether for the price of money or as gifts of friendship, is no one's business but our own.

Yes, we are leaderboarders. But many of us are also paying customers who put our money where our mouths are to help keep the game running. We ask for concrete changes - but then we do not ask for them and then just take advantage of the free to play concept. And we stuck through the plat farming fiasco that left many of us feeling like we overpaid for our experience.

So pls don't punish us now. Do what's sensible, listen to the people who actually keep the game going, and for goodness sake pls make these sets tradeable so we actually have a reason to continue supporting the game. Thx for reading

Instanthumor
10-22-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't care if you change the prizes so that if you get top 25, you can only win your class' vanity, but please make it tradable... Zzzz what is this

octavos
10-22-2014, 12:35 PM
Responses are in red.

Alright listen, I don't think it's right that sts wasn't open about these new restrictions on lb vanities from the get go. Even right now there's no indication on the prize description when I click on my name. Not gd.
Items are now bound (which should be the case for every event). Why do they have to tell the winners that they can't sell the items that they earned. its like a banner that you cant sell because you earned it. I would love a deathmatch banner..even tho i never pvped.

On prizes - The time, effort and money spent should at least earn us the freedom to pass on the prize to whoever the darn heck we please. Whether for the price of money or as gifts of friendship, is no one's business but our own.
This is there game, there rules, they can actually take away my name if they feel they need to (i'm Ghost IGN). yes, you earn it..now its bound just like a banner.

Yes, we are leaderboarders. But most of us are also paying customers who put our money where our mouths are to help keep the game running. We ask for changes - but then we support u through action not just words. We do not ask for changes and try to leech off the free to play concept. And we stuck through the plat farming fiasco that left many of us feeling like we overpaid for our experience.
I keep the game running buy buying plat..and buying what I want with it. Those plat farmers are gone which gave items ingame now some value. As customers we have the right to stop playing and move on. So atm im having trouble seeing your point.

So pls don't punish us now. Do what's sensible, listen to the people who actually keep the game going, and for goodness sake pls make these sets tradeable so we actually have a reason to continue supporting the game. Think carefully.
whats sensible is for the majority of players (what is based of many of the decisions in AL) that can have a shot at high-end items and feel pro at the end of the day, I want those vanities also...but if the people who earn them can't sell them I feel 100x better

kurd4ever
10-22-2014, 12:44 PM
I love this idea lmao probably best post ive read this year from remiem to make it untradeble the brain who brought the idea god bless you :)

Aslanx
10-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Makes me wonder if u just want the profit from farming and selling or if u want the vanity or not, like Rare says above, if u want the VANITY then ull run it and that's how it definitely should be, and even then people will still spend millions of gold just to get this, people will still buy plat and maybe people who actually want and are willing to spend the time trying to get it will get it

octavos
10-22-2014, 12:47 PM
I love this idea lmao probably best post ive read this year from remiem to make it untradeble the brain who brought the idea god bless you :)

Makes me wonder if u just want the profit from farming and selling or if u want the vanity or not, like Rare says above, if u want the VANITY then ull run it and that's how it definitely should be, and even then people will still spend millions of gold just to get this, people will still buy plat and maybe people who actually want and are willing to spend the time trying to get it will get it

As you can see, I believe there words Kudos guys :)

Jexetta
10-22-2014, 12:51 PM
All I know... Is if people continue getting points at the rate they are going... The vanities are going to be so extremely expensive that you might consider going out to get some high end designer fashion instead.

If the event is 2 weeks long, by my back of the napkin math, you would need to spend $900 to be in the top 25 if using plat. If it's 3 weeks try $1,350. You can extrapolate how much it would cost using gold from above.

At that point I imagine Grim eggs will be going for deary prices.

Aslanx
10-22-2014, 12:57 PM
All I know... Is if people continue getting points at the rate they are going... The vanities are going to be so extremely expensive that you might consider going out to get some high end designer fashion instead.

If the event is 2 weeks long, by my back of the napkin math, you would need to spend $900 to be in the top 25 if using plat. If it's 3 weeks try $1,350. You can extrapolate how much it would cost using gold from above.

This basically sums it all up...
That's all people need to know, to know that the rewards being untradeable is a good idea

Ticklish
10-22-2014, 01:00 PM
I honestly think this is STS' way of telling us to spend plat or gold, but not TOO much. If they became tradeable, that would be another costly item in circulation, just when the economy is still trying to stabilize itself. The problem I see here though, is that it was never announced that these prizes would be account-bound like banners (unless we all missed the memo). That is, imho, the only hurdle here. Whether the vanities are tradeable or not, it should have been announce right away, when the teasers were released.

Samhayne
10-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Right now, we're kinda on the fence about the tradeable-ness. We can appreciate the viewpoint that wants them to be tradeable, but also like the feeling that hey, if you earn it, you get it!

We're not making a snap change to them right now.

octavos
10-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Right now, we're kinda on the fence about the tradeable-ness. We can appreciate the viewpoint that wants them to be tradeable, but also like the feeling that hey, if you earn it, you get it!

Thx for that post sam,
then dont make a change, and go do bigger better things like Christmas :)...ill just be glad to see them again next year. Now with a dev post signing out.

Zeus
10-22-2014, 01:10 PM

It's also counting on people that have both the time, money, and/or platinum/gold to run the event. I did not see major complaints last time so I don't see why not. :/

Heiress
10-22-2014, 01:14 PM
Responses are in red.
I want those vanities also...but if the people who earn them can't sell them I feel 100x better

Well what a way to sum it up :)

Why let what others have , and have achieved, swing ur mood. Unnecessary upset for u. ;)

Hope to see the vanities become tradeable. Let those who earned the vanities, and those who would've but didn't have the time to, have that basic freedom of choice.

Zeus
10-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Well what a way to sum it up :)

Why let what others have , and have achieved, swing ur mood. Unnecessary upset for u. ;)

Hope to see the vanities become tradeable. Let those who earned the vanities, and those who would've but didn't have the time to, have that basic freedom of choice.

Yep, exactly. Competition comes in many forms, why are people so adamant about limiting it to only those who want the vanity to wear? Is it because it makes the competition easier? :rolleyes:

Laveen
10-22-2014, 01:23 PM

Yes, we are leaderboarders. But many of us are also paying customers who put our money where our mouths are to help keep the game running. We ask for concrete changes - but then we do not ask for them and then just take advantage of the free to play concept. And we stuck through the plat farming fiasco that left many of us feeling like we overpaid for our experience.

So pls don't punish us now. Do what's sensible, listen to the people who actually keep the game going, and for goodness sake pls make these sets tradeable so we actually have a reason to continue supporting the game. Thx for reading
Omfg....this just couldn't have been said any better!!!!! [emoji106] [emoji106]

Anarchist
10-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Got to agree with Zeus on this one...

If i spend money on the event to reach the top, i want to be able to do whatever pleases me with my reward.
Take for example if a emergency comes in future i dont think lb runners wanna look at the 3 vanities in their inventory and remember how they wasted time, money and effort for something worthless.

The energy system is not the type that promotes friendship, fun or whatever you think it promotes. Dont lie to us Sam.

Especially the LB, its a system based on competitivity, no life play and hate.
People choose to still drink this bitter medicine you call energy system and still buy plat to run your lifekilla LB cause of the rewards.

So those rewards better be good and free to dispose of as the runners want.

Amen.

csyui
10-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Good idea to make vanities not tradeable. These vanities are trophies to those winning the event, like LB banners, not items for sale.
However, a re-colored version of these LB vanities is also appreciated.

octavos
10-22-2014, 01:27 PM
It's also counting on people that have both the time, money, and/or platinum/gold to run the event. I did not see major complaints last time so I don't see why not. :/

The problem is they should have been bound from the 1st event..like a pet eg: amazon promo, to the LB winner. I could easily pay a person to run LB for me with cash since i don't have the time to do it myself.

as for the major complains?!?! there wasn't any because the goal was to resell items...even now thats the purpose...put the one on your main and sell the rest.
I could post all the selling threads of LB items..but im to lazy.

Good idea to make vanities not tradeable. These vanities are trophies to those winning the event, like LB banners, not items for sale.
hell yea bud

Yep, exactly. Competition comes in many forms, why are people so adamant about limiting it to only those who want the vanity to wear? Is it because it makes the competition easier? :rolleyes:

think of it like this...Its like a trophy, it has your name on it....obviously someone else wont take a trophy with your name. But you would sell it if it was made of solid gold. And why are you thinking of everyone else...let those players do what they have to...if its easy for them then i applaud them.

Rare
10-22-2014, 01:27 PM

Why not limit it to people that will actually play the game you ask?

NOT doing that is what ruined AL in the first place.

AKA... it encourages greedy people to cheat, scam, plat farm, etc, to get gold to get the biggest and baddest first. Kill the problem at the root. There are lot of money grabbers in AL. Not EVERYTHING has to be.

Zeus
10-22-2014, 01:29 PM

There are many reasons why a person may compete. Some may want to compete for the glory, some may want to compete for the wealth. My question is...why does STG want to reduce the competition? The way this is set up, it only makes the competition easier and open to only those with the time, gold, and/or platinum. From the way I look at it, that's a very closed off leaderboard.

Gess
10-22-2014, 01:32 PM
So twinks under level 35 can get the rewards? Cause I can recall reading something in the 'how to play' menu about rewards only eligible for players level 35+.

Zeus
10-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Its like a trophy it has your name on it....obviously someone else wont take a trophy with your name.

This trophy doesn't have a name on it though. It's just a trophy without any sort of personal engraving hence no reason why it should be bound. It's just a blank trophy, that's all.

octavos
10-22-2014, 01:39 PM
This trophy doesn't have a name on it though. It's just a trophy without any sort of personal engraving hence no reason why it should be bound. It's just a blank trophy, that's all.

ok, ill explain it less with a real object...yes?

But thats what the devs have done so a trophy isn't givin or sold away. As I see it, are you running LB? so I can see why you are a weeeebit upset. Why are you worried? im not running because I will see them again next year as all vanities make a reappearance. The devs just implemented a permanent solution to a problem that was going crazy for 2 events now.

Got gold + plat + time = lb prize
Got gold + time = lb prize
Got time = lb prize in your dreams

Zeus
10-22-2014, 01:43 PM
But thats what the devs have done so a trophy isn't givin or sold away. As I see it, are you running LB? so I can see why you are a weeeebit upset. Why are you worried? im not running because I will see them again next year as all vanities make a reappearance. The devs just implemented a permanent solution to a problem that was going crazy for 2 events now.

I'm not running leaderboard - I realized not to participate in that nonsense after my attempt in goblin. I'm a collector and wish to collect one Medusa vanity to fit my greek theme. Now, I was more than willing to pay an absurd amount of gold for the pleasure of not having to participate in the leaderboard but now it means that I have to participate in leaderboard.

The competition from this event will pretty much be from rich collectors. How is that fun? However, I must say that it does give a very nice trickle-down effect from rich to poor (rich buying energy kit but getting no return on money spent).

Instanthumor
10-22-2014, 01:43 PM
As a person who is running this event and hoping to get a prize, I feel as if it should be MY decision to do whatever I want with my prize. Banners should be untradable, but our prizes are OUR prizes. I don't think there's anything to say about that.

Zeus
10-22-2014, 01:45 PM
As a person who is running this event and hoping to get a prize, I feel as if it should be MY decision to do whatever I want with my prize. Banners should be untradable, but our prizes are OUR prizes.

Yep, people are forgetting that these are prizes. If someone wants a trophy, you get the banner. The prize, you should do anything you want.

A trophy is not a prize. It can be but the trophy is already the banner. Owners of the prizes should have the right do what they want with them.

Ravager
10-22-2014, 01:46 PM
If I had it my way I would make both the banners and the vanity tradeable/sellable. I don't have the time to run lb like these people do nor the funds. I believe the reason the standard seasonal LB vanity banners are not tradable is due to so many ways to exploit it. With the event LB's, even if its exploited, most likely the player will not only shell out a lot of time but a lot of gold/plat to even be considered competition onto the lb.

So if there were no energy system, ok, non-tradable banner & vanity or whatever.

Even if both banner and vanity are sellable, sometimes the lb runners are questioning if they will break even. Run it non-stop for 20 hours and you'll see. If its non-tradable, the event will be done in a week. If its tradable, the lb runners will continue to run it. Why not let them continue to pay the company? If the energy system fails because lack of support, I dread the thought of a revised energy system.

Justsomebody
10-22-2014, 01:46 PM

Lmaoooo at "grim eggs will be going for Deary prices"

octavos
10-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Yep, people are forgetting that these are prizes. If someone wants a trophy, you get the banner. The prize, you should do anything you want.

A trophy is not a prize. It can be but the trophy is already the banner. Owners of the prizes should have the right do what they want with them.

Prizes are just like timed run banners. You are not forced to get the best time but you want the banner at the end of the season (same with these puppies). So I believe anyone should NOT be able to do what, even if they feel its there "prize" the effects hurt the economy.... want the prize, then run it. As for you running Zeus, yay you have my support in prayer..in funding.... im spending it else where. :) have a lovely day and get plenty of sleep.

Instanthumor
10-22-2014, 02:03 PM

I'd figure this be most logical... Guess not?

Zeus
10-22-2014, 02:05 PM
Prizes are just like timed run banners. You are not forced to get the best time but you want the banner at the end of the season (same with these puppies). So I believe anyone should NOT be able to do what, even if they feel its there "prize" the effects hurt the economy.... want the prize, then run it. As for you running Zeus, yay you have my support in prayer..in funding.... im spending it else where. :) have a lovely day and get plenty of sleep.

How can the effects hurt the economy when no gold is being generated from the prize? It's only transferring from player A to player B. Also, yes, the banner is untradable so I agree with that. That is a trophy, no?

Thanks for the well wishes!

Okatare
10-22-2014, 02:06 PM
As a person who is running this event and hoping to get a prize, I feel as if it should be MY decision to do whatever I want with my prize. Banners should be untradable, but our prizes are OUR prizes. I don't think there's anything to say about that.
I totally agree
I run the event to get all three sets not to be used myself
I am a mage and I want to keep mage vanity and gift rogue and warrior sets to my dearest who cant run themselves. This is the only reason I am awake for 36hrs by now and was going to take a short break only.
But this event we get dozens of untradable items. Why? If I want to gift, someone wants to sell... we spend time and money and all we get as a result is "be selfish, keep all"?
Disappointments... hands down

Instanthumor
10-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Yo sts, if you can see from all our "precious feedback", we say otherwise to your decision. Please take it into consideration. This isn't right. It would've been acceptable if you announced this BEFORE the event, but after I've spent all my gold and went in debt? Not cool.

Zeus
10-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Additionally, I think that feedback should come from those actually running the leaderboard. After all, they have firsthand experience, right?

basketholic209
10-22-2014, 02:15 PM

I don't see any relevance of this issue with hurting the economy. Could you elaborate?

InternetExplorer
10-22-2014, 02:15 PM
It would've been acceptable if you announced this BEFORE the event, but after I've spent all my gold and went in debt? Not cool.

The same thing we bulwark users felt after the nerf thread you did.. :) lets just say quits???

Instanthumor
10-22-2014, 02:17 PM
The same thing we bulwark users felt after the nerf thread you did.. :) lets just say quits???

I never wanted a "nerf" to Bulwark. If you read my comments on the thread, giving a warrior a mage's skill was the big no-no. It was also a thread to show how weak the mage class was compared to the rest.

InternetExplorer
10-22-2014, 02:19 PM
I never wanted a "nerf" to Bulwark. If you read my comments on the thread, giving a warrior a mage's skill was the big no-no. It was also a thread to show how weak the mage class was compared to the rest.

Reasons.. haha

Anyway goodluck with the event :)

Haligali
10-22-2014, 02:20 PM

Timed run banners are seasonal, not events. Delphina hosted a time run contest in 2013 summer, there was an unique banner - designed by a forumer - as a trophy and a brand new mythic ring as a prize. The ring was tradeable, the banner not.

Jexetta
10-22-2014, 02:22 PM
A solid answer would be awesome.

Mouly
10-22-2014, 02:23 PM
There's a lot of talk about how untradeable awards affects leaderboard winners, and I must say that both sides have their valid points. But the real importance of this subject, in my opinion, is not how this decision affects the 1%, but rather the other 99%. Let's suppose the awards stays untradeable, wouldn't that result in less high-end players spending their money on elixirs, energy kits and so on, which in turn affects low-end players? It seems to me that tradeable awards stimulates AL's economy, without them it would just be... like any other day in AL? F"%/& recession man...

I'm no rocket scientist when it comes to AL's economy, so I'm probably more wrong than right, but I'd really appreciate someone else's input.

Jexetta
10-22-2014, 02:31 PM
That depends if you think trickle down economics work. See, I'm bringing politics into the discussion even. Now then... Who is blue and who is red.

lethaljade
10-22-2014, 02:32 PM

I think this is a terrible decision, im not even running the event I can already understand why most people running the event are outraged, every event that's happened the items have been tradeable, people have ran theese events for profits, if you announced this to start with then whatever, but people have already wasted 4 to 10m on energy kits . Or that in platimun. Alot of people dont have all there characters on one account so most people who get theese vanitys will only be able to use 1 of them, also energy is so expensive this time around, because theres less plat fluctuating into the game, so people who dont have real life money to buy energy for plat or people who don't have in game gold have no hope at getting this vanity, If theese events were free to run , you could do whatever you wanted with them, and it wouldn't really matter, but theese events are far from free, there costing alott of gold/money. I just feel you should listen tp the people who are actually running this event, not the people who just have something to say in every situation on the fourms, and its clear to see the people who r running this event, aren't impressed, its a bad move by you guys, and im disappointed, for everyone whos wasted money/gold already.

Rare
10-22-2014, 02:41 PM
There are many reasons why a person may compete. Some may want to compete for the glory, some may want to compete for the wealth. My question is...why does STG want to reduce the competition?

Because those that compete for fun are probably a much greater number that would realistically compete for glory or wealth. If those are in play (like goblin even and ursoth) a large portion of the population will not compete. They'll do the daily stuff and move on. Or not even bother to come back.

Rare
10-22-2014, 02:47 PM
I think this is a terrible decision, im not even running the event I can already understand why most people running the event are outraged, every event that's happened the items have been tradeable,

Now this.... this I agree with. But this is how STS does it. Be honest. They set precedence... then they break it. It far from the first time and probably will not be the last.

Was it clear before the event started the items would not be tradable?

Ophelia
10-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Here is a suggestion:
The vanity that corresponds to your class remains stashable only, whilst the other 2 classes of vanities are made tradable.

Zeus
10-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Here is a suggestion:
The vanity that corresponds to your class remains stashable only, whilst the other 2 classes of vanities are made tradable.

I would be fine with that.

Limsi
10-22-2014, 06:47 PM
As someone who's running the event lb, I am outraged at this decision.; If the op did not come up with this thread, we would have been living under the assumption that these rewards are tradable. Personally, if I manage to bag the prize, I'll use the vanity and probably sell it in the future.

I just came from a long break and decided to give A.L. another try. This event sure is a refresher with the introduction of the new Paracelsus stone, mythic weapons and unique vanities. Now, the issue here is that if only the developers/moderator announced it in the first place, I and the other runners would have saved hard earned gold in the first place (well to those who were running with the purpose of selling it).

I care not if I only get the vanity that matches my class, as long as they become tradable, I'm good with it.

-micdrop-

Instanthumor
10-22-2014, 06:48 PM
I would be fine with that.

Same here.

Serancha
10-22-2014, 07:35 PM
I started off running the event. I spent 500 plat the first day. I was planning to do it for fun, and thus planned to eventually sell the vanity to get reimbursed for some of the cost I put out. But to shell out that kind of cash with absolutely no chance of any return and to get something that doesn't help me in the game? I'll pass.

If STS was going to implement this kind of binding, they should have done it when the event system started, with nightshade and shady and surge. But to start binding when it's vanities? They're useless items, from a practical point of view. And spending $200 or more in real money for something when you can't even get in-game gold for it? No thanks.

Yes, I know you can buy kits for gold, but somebody is paying real dollars for those somewhere, so the point remains the same. You'd be better off buying kits and selling them on the CS than running the event for a bonded costume. That's my opinion though.

Froxanthar
10-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Please make Frankenstein Vanity and all LB vanity available in Plat then..

octavos
10-22-2014, 08:58 PM
I made a decision before the event to try for the leaderboard using any means necessary with a view to sell the vanities awarded in future, this I will admit. And I like many of the other leaderboard runners I'm sure made this decision based on the information about the event that was available to us at the time. Now noone said that the vanities would be tradable. Noone said that the vanities wouldn't be tradable either. This means that all of us made an assumption- which is always a risky thing to do. However that assumption was based on what Ghost pointed out as precedences- that in previous events the leaderboard prizes were tradable and as a result valuable as a result of their design and rarity- something that most of us would want to capitalize on.

I don't buythe argument that STS can do ANYTHING they want since this is their game they make the rule etcetc. That is the worst argument you can make to support their decision to hide essential decision-changing information from us-that the vanities were untradable- until someone (thank you so much Titanium) asked the right question which demanded a clear answer. You don't live in a country where suddenly your house can be repossessed at will, your name changed at will and maybe your children suddenly taken away from you, simply because the government said so. In the same respect I wouldn't appreciate developers chopping and changing the game at will and without prior consultation from the patrons of the game. The issue isn't about the vanities being untradable. It's about why the hell didn't you tell us this critical piece of information in the first place. This is the basis on which the other reasons of discontent arose. I'm sure some people are evening thinking that someone did it intentionally so that players running for leaderboards would sink a load of plat (and by extension real money) into the game. If this was the case however, I's say the approach is dishonest and fundamentally wrong.

I think you should learn to anticipate issues like this that can arise from lack of disclosure of information such as this. Be aware of previous trends in events or contests you set and make sure you INFORM CLEARLY whenever a deviation from this trend is expected or planned. This way players will adjust their approaches accordingly. Because if you don't and suddenly derail alot of people's expectations by pulling this stunt, you'll get a bunch of unhappy players who previously staunchly supported your game having played it for months or even years.

This is my view as a leaderboard runner for this contest. Thanks for reading and hope you comsider all the views presented here wisely.

Now this is a response I was looking for a well constructed and valid observation. You sir have swayed my decision that there was absolutly no info stated that these vanitys are not tradable. Now I might have made some err, bad comments but if they do make that change I can see all of the outrageous prices but still available. Some will pay them, but that just makes another item for millions. As for our country comments, the game belong s to them as stated in tos. They are doing what's in the best interests of players. Might not be the best one but as far as I'm concerned a good decision.

As frox stated plat versions are the way to go. Saves all the aggravating situation s like this sensitive topic. I'd definitely buy them for a recolor, and keeps the lb players happy because of the exclusively And people that were so close can get a consolation prizes if they can't make it by the 4th of nov

P.s I'll thank our post when I get points to do so.

Oneebac
10-22-2014, 08:58 PM
considering the untimely glitches that accompanied this event and now the disappointing news of the valueless lb prizes I feel like I've been had

danley
10-23-2014, 12:10 AM
The problem is they should have been bound from the 1st event..like a pet eg: amazon promo, to the LB winner. I could easily pay a person to run LB for me with cash since i don't have the time to do it myself.

as for the major complains?!?! there wasn't any because the goal was to resell items...even now thats the purpose...put the one on your main and sell the rest.
I could post all the selling threads of LB items..but im to lazy.

hell yea bud

think of it like this...Its like a trophy, it has your name on it....obviously someone else wont take a trophy with your name. But you would sell it if it was made of solid gold. And why are you thinking of everyone else...let those players do what they have to...if its easy for them then i applaud them.
You're not even running in this lb event yet here you are complaining about vanitys being treadable/non treadable

uunknownn
10-23-2014, 12:45 AM
How bout top 3 tradeable only but personally +1 for this remien for making it none tradeable ;)

Kreasadriii
10-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Oh, so the point is..
The people who chasing LB and spending their gold, plat, time only get the vanity that untradeable?
If the vanity so expensive like colour jester, is it worth equal the gold, plat, time the players spend on LB? o.O

Hope they get something valuable cause I know even Im not chasing the LB, I can feel them who hardly trying to stay on LB for the prize.. ^^
Keep spirit fellas!!

Instanthumor
10-23-2014, 01:34 AM
How bout top 3 tradeable only but personally +1 for this remien for making it none tradeable ;)

Excuse you.

Haligali
10-23-2014, 05:37 AM
The seasonal leaderboard banners is a very bad example, some people didnt spent a single penny for his banner. There is no energy needed when join an elite map and broke a record, or when join a pvp map and start flaggin and killing.

InternetExplorer
10-23-2014, 05:47 AM
If STS decides to change their decision at this point during the event, it will prove that the tip of the pyramid is more valuable than bottom. :)

octavos
10-23-2014, 06:33 AM
You're not even running in this lb event yet here you are complaining about vanitys being treadable/non treadable

Complaining and finding solutions is 2 very different topics you know nothing about. Before you comment on anything i write, try reading other posts.

Im sorry you don't like my view, want a hug or something because instead of posting your feelings about the issue...you think im complaining. :)

Anyway back to topic, agreed internetexplorer, a change now would errr, be pretty bad.

Anarchist
10-23-2014, 06:53 AM
Keep it C,
Constructive or thread degenerates and gets close.

Haligali
10-23-2014, 07:38 AM
If STS decides to change their decision at this point during the event, it will prove that the tip of the pyramid is more valuable than bottom. :)

The prove that the tip of the pyramid is more valuable than the bottom is the leaderboard prizes.

I have no idea what you guys want here, dont run lb, dont put time, just want lb vanities for an easy way. Not gona happen.

Titanium
10-23-2014, 07:46 AM

As Samhayne said.

Some people have time - free players

Some people don't have time - plat buyers

It's equality imo

Sorcerie
10-23-2014, 08:11 AM
And here I sit thinking it would be an honor just to have the prize...

Sorcerie
10-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Do you run for lb so you can get that prize?I'm currently on there, but no longer in a top 25 position like I was the first day.

I don't really have the means to keep a position for long, tbh. At best I might get a banner, but for the record, the prize itself would be enough for me.

Not everything is about profit. js

Sorcerie
10-23-2014, 08:34 AM
So you dont have plans to got in top25, meaning you dont run for the lb, meaning your opinion about treadable/ non treadable not really matters. Same like the other guy, he thinks he have solutions about things hes not familiar whit. I bet our expert giving advice to doctors on how to deal whit diseases or hes in a call whit Obama discussing political issuesUh, who said anything about whether it's tradable or not?

All I said was I would be fine with it even if I couldn't sell it.

Okatare
10-23-2014, 08:37 AM
The only tradeable/non-tradeable problem is that it was NOT announced before the run start. And keeping previous events in mind people participated in this one to be able to sell/gift/transfer to another account.
At the moment it feels like buying a 500$ car and feeling happy with the price but once you have paid for it you are told it is wheels-off.
Ugly feeling.
My sollution is keep it tradeable as it always was with this sort of prizes and NEXT time announce such important changes BEFORE, so people know what exactly they get.

Rare
10-23-2014, 08:37 AM
So you dont have plans to got in top25, meaning you dont run for the lb, meaning your opinion about treadable/ non treadable not really matters. Same like the other guy, he thinks he have solutions about things hes not familiar whit. I bet our expert giving advice to doctors on how to deal whit diseases or hes in a call whit Obama discussing political issues

Its possible to understand very simple things without actually being a part of it. This isn't rocket science. You shouldn't be complaining that people voice their opinions on a public thread on a public forum (without drama I might add)

The only tradeable/non-tradeable problem is that it was NOT announced before the run start.

This. But, like I said before, breaking precedence is nothing new with STS. And, they are really out of touch with the ebbs and flows of arlor. Don't mean to bring up old stuff, but when Delphina was around, there was a moderator that actually played the game and enjoyed it. For pleasure, not for work. Just like the players did. Its hard to get the kind of feel for the game that a player has when you aren't really playing the game like a player. So when decisions are made, they are not made from a player perspective.

In this case, what I really mean is breaking precedence. Not whether vanities are tradeable or not. But let people know in advance. And staying the course. Not making a decision, then flip flopping, the flip flopping back when there is an outcry. Make the right decision the first time and stick with it.

Zeus
10-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Actions > Words

Js.

Since it doesn't affect anyone except the leaderboard players, please let them be the ones to comment. On top of all that, these prizes are aesthetic only. They will not change your gameplay whatsoever.

Zeus
10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
I was able to get to spot 14 from the very very bottom in one day the way the current stance is on lb prizes. Heck, I could probably play 2 hours today and still maintain my spot.

This doesn't seem like competition to me at all.

Rare
10-23-2014, 09:05 AM
I was able to get to spot 14 from the very very bottom in one day the way the current stance is on lb prizes. Heck, I could probably play 2 hours today and still maintain my spot.

This doesn't seem like competition to me at all.

That says a lot more to me about the game than "the event is broken" tbh.

Zeus
10-23-2014, 09:06 AM

True, but by changing the prizes to being tradable we could see what was the root cause. Your reasoning or mine, haha. :)

Deadroth
10-23-2014, 09:10 AM
Please make Frankenstein Vanity and all LB vanity available in Plat then..

Very funny joke. Really. People work for it very hard..

Apart, I would like to see them tradeable. This would be kind of reward in gold (big gold) for lb runners, who will spend more than 10 days on insta-farm.

octavos
10-23-2014, 09:14 AM

True, but by changing the prizes to being tradable we could see what was the root cause. Your reasoning or mine, haha. :)

You guys are awesome, thz for being here with me :) (considering I don't see many here any more on forums) from the bottom of my heart. No hard feelings zeus, but im glad your are able to get what i'm unable to and i'll praise your accomplishment.

As for the buddy above that doesn't like me I can log-in and enjoy this wonderful event.

Zeus
10-23-2014, 09:22 AM
You guys are awesome, thz for being here with me :) (considering I don't see many here any more on forums) from the bottom of my heart. No hard feelings zeus, but im glad your are able to get what i'm unable to and i'll praise your accomplishment.

As for the buddy above that doesn't like me I can log-in and enjoy this wonderful event.

Don't get me wrong, Oct. I don't dislike you. I have my opinion and you have yours. I understand your point of view and can respect it just as you can understand and respect mine.

However, that doesn't mean I won't debate with you over it. :)

Muddd
10-23-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm on leaderboard and started with the expectation that I was going for tradable vanitys.. Everybody has their own opinions and veiws on this.. But with the vanitys none tradable they have taken our choice away from us on what to do with what we work toward earning, reguardless of if you would keep or if you would sell. You can't make everybody happy but right now this is only making 50% happy ( the ones who want to earn them and keep them ) if they were tradable everybody would be happy and if you work so hard for that vanity with the plan being to keep it then you could do so! Nothing would change for the people wanting this. But as a player going for them I myself would like them tradable. I plan on keeping mine btw but if I change later I would like the option to do so

octavos
10-23-2014, 09:30 AM
Don't get me wrong, Oct. I don't dislike you. I have my opinion and you have yours. I understand your point of view and can respect it just as you can understand and respect mine.

However, that doesn't mean I won't debate with you over it. :)

*bows* your on. :)

Make yourself useful and go teach solutions for the homeless kids from those poor countries. Im sure people will listen to your expert advice.

Im guessing Ill start with showing some spelling corrections, as for your hate bud..Ill give ya hug instead k :)

Haligali
10-23-2014, 11:33 AM
I just talked with an lb runner in game, he still didnt know that the vanities arent tradeable, not everyone reading forum..

Anarchist
10-23-2014, 11:52 AM
The event start and lack of info was really not needed.

When i complained about it in chatbox i was told its good to discover things by ourselves. Lets enjoy our surprises.

Jexetta
10-23-2014, 11:53 AM
I've made an effort to try and tell most people so they won't be disappointed if the nontradable vanities hold true.

I have had a lot of fun running with people so far in the event, it's a nice opportunity to branch out to people I typically don't play with as often as I would like. So regardless, for me, it's been very fun thus far.

I can see both sides of the argument. I'm typically pretty easy going. If I did manage to actually stay on the board I wasn't sure if I would sell it anyways, I just love the look of the Medusa vanity.

What I will say, is I'm vehemently opposed to the few suggestions of making recolored versions available for plat. I think most lb players could all agree on that.

Zeus
10-23-2014, 12:01 PM
What I will say, is I'm vehemently opposed to the few suggestions of making recolored versions available for plat. I think most lb players could all agree on that.

I'll agree to this, lol.

Visiting
10-23-2014, 12:08 PM
I, like many others have mixed views on this- On one hand running on the lb is very expensive and taxing (grinding), an players should be able to get something that will keep them from going into debt from running an event for "fun". On the other hand- When you make these vanities tradeable, it takes away to "prestige" of having one (atleast in my mind), if they're untradebale that means you have to go out and earn one yourself, can't just sit around Expedition Camp and wait for some Lb runner to sell theirs.
As someone on the lb (Place 16 or somesuch), I would like to see something that I could sell from the Lb, I don't care what it is, but I'd like to make my money back somehow.

Lovehertz
10-23-2014, 12:41 PM
Under Halloween announcement page about the leaderboard prizes this is what it currently says:

"Like in Ursoth's event, the top 50 players for each class will receive a radical looking rotating Jack o' Lantern vanity banner (Top Left). Then the top 25 rogues will also receive the Medusa Vanity Costume (Top Right), complete with wriggling and slithering snakes on top of her head. Top 25 warriors get the Frankenstein Vanity Costume (Bottom Left), with sparks of electricity all around his big 'ol bolts. And, last but not least, the Top 25 sorcerers get their very own Ghost Costume Vanity. Spooooky!"

It is completely misleading. I'm on the fence on how I feel, because I do see both sides to this argument. But you should make these descions and offer the correct information before the event so you don't receive this kind of backlash. Or atleast update the information you have posted so you aren't saying 2 different things in 2 different threads.

Samhayne
10-23-2014, 01:02 PM
The Leaderboard vanity rewards for Halloween will be set to be tradeable.

Samhayne
10-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Particle effects have been added to the Sorcerer Ghost costume. The still image doesn't really do them justice, as they pulse, glow and all that.

Sorcerie
10-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Lol, GG

Zeus
10-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Cool, thanks!

Arpluvial
10-23-2014, 01:17 PM
Hey guys! :)

I have cleaned up this thread. Let's make sure to be respectful of one another and ensure that our discussion is constructive. :)

Okatare
10-23-2014, 01:38 PM
Another question: what about levels? Is it 35+ or...?

Bunny♥
10-23-2014, 01:42 PM
coool!

Samhayne
10-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Another question: what about levels? Is it 35+ or...?

In the Halloween event all levels are displayed. That is to say, there is no restriction by level for the Halloween Event Leaderboard.

InternetExplorer
10-23-2014, 01:56 PM
The Leaderboard vanity rewards for Halloween will be set to be tradeable.

Lol i knew it... what about the other " things " that werent announced to change but was changed??? hmmm

Candylicks
10-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Awe. :(

Anarchist
10-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Particle effects have been added to the Sorcerer Ghost costume. The still image doesn't really do them justice, as they pulse, glow and all that.

Now thats some Ghost.

Rare
10-23-2014, 02:28 PM
You missed a few

Lovehertz
10-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Will everyone still be getting all 3 sets?

Puffinnn
10-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Amazing how easily they've change their plans around...
Shows you what money could do.

Idly
10-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Amazing how easily they've change their plans around...
Shows you what money could do.

Money has nothing to do with it, this is STS listening to the majority of their player base. GOOD JOB STS <3

Rare
10-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Money has nothing to do with it, this is STS listening to the majority of their player base. GOOD JOB STS <3

The majority? Where'd you get that info from?

Idly
10-23-2014, 03:45 PM
The majority? Where'd you get that info from?

This thread for a start...

Puffinnn
10-23-2014, 04:03 PM

It's all about the money.

Tradable Vanity = More People Running Lb = More People Buying Kits = Money

Zeus
10-23-2014, 04:04 PM

No - this is money talking. Now, the leaderboard is actually moving.

Thanks STG! :)

goorf
11-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Where screenshot that worshiped make in guild hall fame ???

obee
11-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Tarlok cannot be like this! A money grab event is simply not fair, and why should the winners of LB, be based on how much money someone has, and not their skill/

Anarchist
11-04-2014, 12:51 AM
Obee i used to think the same as you until i sitted, planned and dropped Lb off my mind. You see LB is the engine of the event and its fine the way it is.
Its not for your average player so don't go there.
Now unlike tarlok every energy system event i get richer.

These events are goldmines. Don't waste time fella.

Franocazzzo
11-10-2014, 05:45 PM
Lb vanitys did turn out to be tradable all just a scam by sts thank you