PDA

View Full Version : Voice Chat in PvP?

Justg
10-22-2014, 10:22 AM
We're wondering... do any of you high-end PvP'ers use voice chat during matches to stay connected with your teams? If so, what do you use?

Thanks!

- g

Gensin
10-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Is it not gonna lag the game?
Because I rather chat than to get dced in a important match.

+ some are immature, There could be someone just joining and swearing a bunch.

I use skype when Im in a important match.

RIP
10-22-2014, 10:28 AM
We're wondering... do any of you high-end PvP'ers use voice chat during matches to stay connected with your teams? If so, what do you use?

Thanks!

- g

I dont mean to turn this into a suggestion thread , but it would be awesome if you add this to Al for three reasons

A- way faster than typing , this would become handy in 5 vs 5 's
B- A lot less trash talking , and make sure you can only voice-chat your teammates
C- it would be fun and interesting .

Please take this into consideration , im sure you can work something out it cause more lag .

RIP
10-22-2014, 10:29 AM
one more thing make sure there is an option to mute someone's voice chat ( only the player who muted the other one cannot hear his voice chats) .

Gensin
10-22-2014, 10:29 AM
I dont mean to turn this into a suggestion thread , but it would be awesome if you add this to Al for three reasons

A- way faster than typing , this would become handy in 5 vs 5 's
B- A lot less trash talking , and make sure you can only voice-chat your teammates
C- it would be fun and interesting .

Please take this into consideration , im sure you can work something out it cause more lag .

+1 for this, especially B.
It will lessen blockers and will make better fights,

RIP
10-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Is it not gonna lag the game?
Because I rather chat than to get dced in a important match.

+ some are immature, There could be someone just joining and swearing a bunch.

I use skype when Im in a important match.

just as i said , mute option :)

Gensin
10-22-2014, 10:31 AM
It is convienient and I like everything that will not make me move alot.

Arrowz
10-22-2014, 10:49 AM
This will never be instituted into an ios app

Covert
10-22-2014, 11:01 AM

Tell that to o&c lol

RIP
10-22-2014, 11:15 AM

Other games did it , anyways im sure Stg's team can do it , i wouldnt expect any less from the people who created my favorite MMORPG :)

Ssneakykills
10-22-2014, 11:19 AM
Yes this would be really good idea especially if you can mute certain people to prevent trash talking and problems like bullying/harrasment

Zeus
10-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Yes, this would be epic. Typically, we use Skype or some other voice communication app to communicate in tournaments but this would make everything much easier!

Serancha
10-22-2014, 11:31 AM
I think voice chat could be problematic with so many people who speak so many languages. It's one thing typing a language that is not your first, and a whole other thing trying to speak it.

Or else would people do like we often see and all speak their own language, making everyone else uncomfortable? I can't see that being beneficial. Voice chat is hard to understand at best, at worst it causes even more understanding.

Personally, if someone's being a jerk in text, I find that a lot less personal than if they are being a jerk in your ear.

The only voice system I know of for this kind of thing is Vent, but I am sure there are others.

RIP
10-22-2014, 11:37 AM
I think voice chat could be problematic with so many people who speak so many languages. It's one thing typing a language that is not your first, and a whole other thing trying to speak it.

Or else would people do like we often see and all speak their own language, making everyone else uncomfortable? I can't see that being beneficial. Voice chat is hard to understand at best, at worst it causes even more understanding.

Personally, if someone's being a jerk in text, I find that a lot less personal than if they are being a jerk in your ear.

The only voice system I know of for this kind of thing is Vent, but I am sure there are others.

well people who would have language issues can always turn it off and use text , not to mention it would benefit their language and improve their speaking skills, regarding "jerks" , people can always mute a certain player as i suggested above, it would be even better if you can just voice-chat with your team only.

Serancha
10-22-2014, 11:43 AM
I was just giving my opinion. I've never been a fan of voice chat especially with multiple people. But then I don't do line chat either.

As long as they don't force-implement it like they did with this new /auto chat system, and allow us to opt out, that's fine.

RIP
10-22-2014, 11:57 AM
I was just giving my opinion. I've never been a fan of voice chat especially with multiple people. But then I don't do line chat either.

As long as they don't force-implement it like they did with this new /auto chat system, and allow us to opt out, that's fine.

Oh dont worry , its not like they are going to remove text , im sure the voice chat will be an option :)

Excuses
10-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Yes, we do.
I'm not on my lv41 a lot, but I know my guildie friends play all day with voice call.
It's actually a lot of fun especially when you have a funny talker there. XD

We use a Korean chat program for this.

Arachnophobik
10-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Pretty cool. There will always be ways for trashtalk i.e. if they block you or your random team hates u lol. But i think itll be cool as long as it doesnt give more lags lol

Bless
10-22-2014, 05:40 PM
It's a potentially successful implementation and proves useful, but some of the ones condoning this idea will may abuse it since there is no muting. I mean no hate intended because I'd like to see it happen, but I'm just precautious that these kids will ruin the purpose.

Limsi
10-22-2014, 06:52 PM
I can't wait to tell my stories via chat. The only issue I see here if it gets abused too much by those who intend to say malicious words and whatnot. I'm wondering how these would be moderated properly

GoodSyntax
10-22-2014, 07:35 PM
I would love to see a party chat implemented..... Both for PvP and PvE. Many times I am training people on strategies for certain maps, and being able to talk while fighting would be so much easier than dying because I can't type fast enough.

I think if voice chat is limited to just your party it would eliminate most abuse, since you can just kick or leave the party.

Obviously, this would need to be low bitrate so additional lag isn't introduced, but if implemented correctly, this could open up a brand new aspect to the social side of MMO!

Anarchist
10-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Skype, FB voice chat.

I prefer to see pvp revision,
A 1vs1 system,
And a guild vs guild system that allows a mini army of 10+ players on each team instead of voice chats.

thank you.

RIP
10-23-2014, 07:20 AM
Skype, FB voice chat.

I prefer to see pvp revision,
A 1vs1 system,
And a guild vs guild system that allows a mini army of 10+ players on each team instead of voice chats.

thank you.

Well In-game voice chat would be more fun and it would make things easier , however why not taking your suggestion into a thread , it would be fun too IMO .

Anarchist
10-23-2014, 08:11 AM
1vs1 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134188-1-Vs-1-PvP-System(Gold-Challenge-included))

Guild vs Guild (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?130946-Let-us-PLAY-some-WAR-Clash-of-the-titans)

To be frank AL pvp system is underdeveloped and misinterpreted by the players, more than a voice chat only those that do organized clashes will actually use i think General developement and structural revision is what is really needed.

RIP
10-23-2014, 09:40 AM
1vs1 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?134188-1-Vs-1-PvP-System(Gold-Challenge-included))

Guild vs Guild (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?130946-Let-us-PLAY-some-WAR-Clash-of-the-titans)

To be frank AL pvp system is underdeveloped and misinterpreted by the players, more than a voice chat only those that do organized clashes will actually use i think General developement and structural revision is what is really needed.

i dont get your point, so they shouldnt add voice-chat because 1vs1's and clashes needs to be improved ?

Anarchist
10-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Exactly.
Why waste time adding voice chat in pvp when the mechanics of pvp are broken. Fix it, while you are it make it better then add voice chats and whatsoever.

RIP
10-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Exactly.
Why waste time adding voice chat in pvp when the mechanics of pvp are broken. Fix it, while you are it make it better then add voice chats and whatsoever.

My friend , the mechanics are not broken it needs improvement , and adding a voice-chat is one of the steps nonetheless , lets focus on this one first and then ask them to improve the mechanics later .

Axesam
10-23-2014, 11:31 AM
If u use PC, try raidcall. Pro gamers use this for team battle like dota, pointblank, etc.

Anarchist
10-23-2014, 11:39 AM
1vs1 is not there.
Guild versus Guild neither.
We have two pvp rooms: CtF where no one captures the flag as they are supposed to do.
TdM where there is a more than annoying troll.
In Ctf where there are supposed to be clashes there are seldom any and most of them are randoms.
when you are lucky enough to find a clash room its never a clash put to place to capture the flag but random and if its real ctf you are asked to leave.

Now with the tax of pvp drama you wanna add a voice chat so people can also directly call others mothers nice names live.
Not just that.

The actual percent of people the improvement you wanna add to the game will help is reduced to:

1 those that clash + 2 those that do organized clashes.(real ctf included)

So why not make people really clash firstby dividing pvp into specific categories.
1 Ctf to capture flags and play like a team.
2 Remove 1vs1 from ctf and tdm by creating a system dedicated to it.
3 For pure clashes create a guild vs guild system.
Before adding whatsoever surplus that will also bring eventual lags.
Amen.

RIP
10-23-2014, 12:43 PM
1vs1 is not there.
We have two pvp rooms: CtF where no one captures the flag as they are supposed to do.
In Ctf where there are supposed to be clashes there are seldom any and most of them are randoms.
when you are lucky enough to find a clash room its never a clash put to place to capture the flag but random and if its real ctf you are asked to leave.

Now with the tax of pvp drama you wanna add a voice chat so people can also directly call others mothers nice names live.
Not just that.

The actual percent of people the improvement you wanna add to the game will help is reduced to:

So why not make people really clash firstby dividing pvp into specific categories.
Amen.

well regarding cursing each other using the voice chat there are 2 solutions

1- you can only use voice-chat with your teammates
2- an option where you can mute a certain player

there is another which is making the voice-chat exclusive just for players who are in the same party , but a clash is 5 vs 5
and a party capacity is 4/4

RIP
10-23-2014, 12:44 PM
1vs1 is not there.

Not just that.

Amen.

regarding clashes , it depends on which guild you are in , usually in karma we got many clashes a day .

Axesam
10-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Sorry but lets foccus on justg main question, so the answer just yes or no, if yes whats voice chat application u use.

Endkey
10-23-2014, 02:13 PM
Is their a point of voice chat for strategy when the best gear wins even without it? Only one strategy works in PvP and thats ganging. You gang, and if the gears are on your side, you win. PvP should be more stable I think, and then if the voice chat is established, that would be awesome!

JaytB
10-23-2014, 03:32 PM
I used to Skype often with players in the past, but that was hardly to discuss strategies. It was a lot of fun though. I'd love to see a voice chat function for any party, not just for PvP.

Voice chat brings everything to a new dimension and is, from my point of view, a way more fun mechanism to communicate as compared to trying to type something while getting killed.

Ticklish
10-23-2014, 06:52 PM
Yes please! I always end up getting chat-killed, on top of being a total nab, ofc.

RIP
10-24-2014, 01:13 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?182726-Capture-the-flag-fix&p=1881744#post1881744

If this suggestion above gets implemented it would work amazingly good with the voice chat , if this happens im not leaving the ctf arena ever. im sure tons of other players would agree