PDA

View Full Version : Halloween major lag

Ssneakykills
10-22-2014, 10:57 AM
It's near I possible for me to run this new Halloween event because every run I lag too much even with stable ping, is anyone else excperiencing this?

Samhayne
10-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Hey Ssneakykills,

I'm not having that experience. I've been playing either on an iPad 2, Chrome or Samsung Galaxy S4.

Can you provide some more details, including:

Device you are playing on
Version of OS that device is running
What your character name is
Further elaborate on the nature of the lag you are seeing. How does it manifest?

Thanks!

Ssneakykills
10-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Thinking about it.. It's probably has something to do with my device I'm playing on my ipad 1 because the screen is bigger than my iPhone

Version is - 5.1.1 lol
My character name is Sun

Zylx
10-22-2014, 11:07 AM
If your ping is fine, it's likely graphical lag that happens when your device can't process the graphics very smoothly and that your RAM is lacking.

Samhayne
10-22-2014, 11:09 AM
I'll go grab our iPad 1 test device and see how it plays. My thought is that ya, it's the device not keeping up. iPad 1 is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Ssneakykills
10-22-2014, 11:12 AM
I'll go grab our iPad 1 test device and see how it plays. My thought is that ya, it's the device not keeping up. iPad 1 is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Yeah trying running a Halloween map with the iPad 1 it's really hard and Ive had my first iPad since it came out I could never replace it lol

Zylx
10-22-2014, 11:15 AM
@Samhayne, do you know what amount of RAM is recommended to run AL smoothly?

Samhayne
10-22-2014, 11:27 AM
Yeah, it's the iPad 1. Framerate difference between an iPad2 is noticeable just standing in town not doing anything. Trying to play end game is pretty rough.

We needed to drop support for iPad 1 from Battle Command! because it couldn't handle what we were adding into that game. Likely, our next Arcane Legends client version will also drop support for the iPad 1 as well. We keep adding things to the game and yes, there is a cost associated with it. Today's latest devices run everything fine. So, probably time for an upgrade?

Samhayne
10-22-2014, 11:29 AM
@Samhayne, do you know what amount of RAM is recommended to run AL smoothly?

It isn't really just the RAM, but also the device specifications. Arcane Legends continues to expand and add more goodies.

Farminer's
10-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Sam I have been having a lot of lagg to and I use the Motorola moto x phone fully updated idk rest details fairly new and its only been happening recently with 120k ping spike dcs and these http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/22/d2e36765a34d4e7bda7b80d2ec0df6ca.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Ssneakykills
10-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Yeah, it's the iPad 1. Framerate difference between an iPad2 is noticeable just standing in town not doing anything. Trying to play end game is pretty rough.

We needed to drop support for iPad 1 from Battle Command! because it couldn't handle what we were adding into that game. Likely, our next Arcane Legends client version will also drop support for the iPad 1 as well. We keep adding things to the game and yes, there is a cost associated with it. Today's latest devices run everything fine. So, probably time for an upgrade?

I'm looking for ipads as we speak thanks for the help and the replys very helpful