PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on. KDR

Watchman
10-22-2014, 01:50 PM
I don't know if this has been put up before but I would like to add a small suggestion with regard the KDR.
In PvE, when the experience points option is turned off, death of player still counts while the kills doesn't. If that is the case, I don't think it would be an issue to count kills as well. Or rather, don't count deaths as well as kills. I do not see any logic in counting deaths when kills aren't accounted for.

Same thing in PvP, when we leave fights or gets disconnected, our death still counts. Please undo it. Same case, I see no logic.

Small issues, but it may matter to some who are super conscious about their KDRs. Don't think it would be a hard thing for STS to give some thoughts on the above-mentioned points.

Thank you.

ClumsyCactus
10-22-2014, 01:53 PM
I don't know if this has been put up before but I would like to add a small suggestion with regard the KDR.
In PvE, when the experience points option is turned off, death of player still counts while the kills doesn't. If that is the case, I don't think it would be an issue to count kills as well. Or rather, don't count deaths as well as kills. I do not see any logic in counting deaths when kills aren't accounted for.

Same thing in PvP, when we leave fights or gets disconnected, our death still counts. Please undo it. Same case, I see no logic.

Small issues, but it may matter to some who are super conscious about their KDRs. Don't think it would be a hard thing for STS to give some thoughts on the above-mentioned points.

Thank you.
A Lvl 41 character Who cared about kdr could turn of xp, and never get deaths this Way. If it was restricted to lvl 15 and lower or something like that i agree though.

Zylx
10-22-2014, 01:55 PM
It's to prevent players from disabling death count in Elites (where most of the deaths come from). It also motivates the players to avoid dying.

Watchman
10-23-2014, 01:00 AM
I don't think you got me. Xp gain turned off=death counts, kill doesn't count. Xp gain turned off should be either death and kills don't count, or deaths and kills both counts.

Zylx
10-23-2014, 01:34 AM
I don't think you got me. Xp gain turned off=death counts, kill doesn't count. Xp gain turned off should be either death and kills don't count, or deaths and kills both counts.

I totally understood what you are saying. But you'd have people turning on xp/kills/deaths in easy, kill-farming dungeons, but turning off xp/kills/deaths in elites or the arena to prevent their death count from stacking up.

This would really instill a sense of "why should i avoid dying?".

Kreasadriii
10-23-2014, 01:35 AM

Yes. clarified it..
I think the dead still countable, I'll check it soon on certain maps and elites.