PDA

View Full Version : Need help tracking down an issue with attempting to join friends

Awesomeness
02-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi guys,

I'm trying to track down an issue with the game hanging(probably getting stuck at the running man screen) when attempting to join a friend on your friends list.

If this has happened to you, please answer these questions:
1. Where were you when you were attempting to join?
2. What was the state of the instance that you were joining? (was it full? do you have access to this instance? was it password protected?)
3. What was the state of your friend when you were attempting to join? (Were they online the whole time? Were they still in the instance?)
4. Was there anything that stuck out that you can remember that might help?
5. How often has this happened to you? If more than once, can you think of anything that was true each time this happened?
6. How was your internet connection when this happened?
7. How was server performance when this happened?

Feel free to post anything else you can think of that might help me.

Thank you!

Thelonearcher
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
After logging on I tryed to join my friend in town and It got stuck on the loading screen but this was when the everything was messed up like the auction house etc. And cause of multitask -_- I couldn't log out and it refused to disconnect me from the server. I had to use task manager. Or for others reset there device. Its quiet annoying

Conradin
02-03-2011, 11:59 AM
It happens to me often, not sure why though

Awesomeness
02-03-2011, 06:50 PM
conradin,

Can you give me a bit more information than that(as much as you can answer from my list above would be helpful)?

Thanks!

bravemenrun
02-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Joined every friend on my list just now a few times over and no problems at all over 3G on HTC Evo, but the population count is only like 1700 at the moment.

I know there have been times in the past month where I get stuck on loading (running man screen) either trying to join a game or join a friend. And I end up having to restart the game. But this usually happens in the same time period that the auction house is acting slow or not responding. And sometimes ends in a dungeon instance freezing, where you can run around, but everything else is frozen and not repsonding. Always in AO dungeon for me, but maybe it's because that's what I mostly play nowadays.

I'll check tonight with a higher population and try and jot down notes next time it happens in general. Hope the info helps some at least...

mycroftxxx
02-04-2011, 04:08 PM
More often I get punted backed to towne with no message saying the game was full (or any reason at all).

Lysdexic
02-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I don't use the Join from the Friends list, but I've had it hang entering a battle that had a friend in it... any chance it has something to do with the new coloring scheme for friends?

HTC Evo if that makes any difference.

Sanatorium
02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Here you go... I've had many problems with this -.-...

1. Where were you when you were attempting to join?: Balefort, attempting to join Crush the Keeper.
2. What was the state of the instance that you were joining?: It wasn't full nor password protected.
3. What was the state of your friend when you were attempting to join?: They were online the whole time.
4. Was there anything that stuck out that you can remember that might help?: Not really, I clicked on join and the loading screen was there for about 1-3 minutes and I decided to close the app.
5. How often has this happened to you? If more than once, can you think of anything that was true each time this happened?: It's mainly always on AO, it's happened to me about 7-10 times.
6. How was your internet connection when this happened?: I have perfect connection to my WiFi, I tried it on both 2G, 4G, and WiFi, they all work perfect.
7. How was server performance when this happened?: It was running good.

romgar1
02-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I have had this problem more when the instance is full. I dont notice any certain instance, but i usually join aoe areas so probably the keeper as well. I have also been booted to the character choosing screen several times after this happens. 6 or so times it has moved me from balefort to forest haven when the instance was full.

Zipponator
02-04-2011, 10:26 PM
This has happened to me many times before. 1. I was always in a town. 2. I was always joining a friend. 3. I used to think it was my internet connection since many times i was lagging, however once it still did this when i had only 200 ping. 4. Im not sure if it was full since i could never join -.- i just got stuck at that screen. 5. The player/ friend was online the whole time ( i know this cause after i shut down my ipod i logged on and asked him ). I hope this helped , this may just be my ipod or connection but thats what happened. :)

Otukura
02-05-2011, 12:27 AM
I get it all the time when I'm in the corner of my house with weak Wi-Fi signal. Never if I set under the router. Maybe something to do with internet? Gotten it from Balefort, Haven, LE, and when in game in AO1 and AO2. Never gotten it since I've became level 50, and AO3.