PDA

View Full Version : Courage the Purring Lion

InternetExplorer
10-23-2014, 08:26 AM
Is it just me or anyone who bought this pet knows that if you tick " play " or " trick " while Courage the Lion is summoned, you can hear a Purr sound not a Roar..

Aint lions supposed to ROAR not PURR???

The one major difference between big cats and small cats:

There is one thing which clearly differentiates large from small. There are no exceptions to this rule.

This is the hyoid bone which connects the tongue to the roof of the mouth. In big cats this has an elastic segment, while that of small cats is hard all over.

It is this which allows big cats to produce a roar, and which also prevents them from purring in the same manner small cats can. The 'purring' type of noise produced by big cats can only be made as they exhale.

Oddly enough, though the snow leopard has a flexible hyoid bone it has never been heard to roar, however it is most definitely a big cat by virtue of the flexible hyoid.

-taken from http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/big.html

hahaha but its funny...

Serancha
10-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Lol. Courage is a cute cartoon lion. He can purr if he wants to.

Lovehertz
10-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Science wins again

Alhuntrazeck
10-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Just be grateful STS hasn't given you a purple dog who'd rather run from enemies than attack 'em!

#CourageTheCowardlyDog

Zylx
10-23-2014, 10:43 PM
Just be grateful STS hasn't given you a purple dog who'd rather run from enemies than attack 'em!

#CourageTheCowardlyDog

#BestShowEver

Linkincena
10-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Is it just me or anyone who bought this pet knows that if you tick " play " or " trick " while Courage the Lion is summoned, you can hear a Purr sound not a Roar..

Aint lions supposed to ROAR not PURR???

The one major difference between big cats and small cats:

There is one thing which clearly differentiates large from small. There are no exceptions to this rule.

This is the hyoid bone which connects the tongue to the roof of the mouth. In big cats this has an elastic segment, while that of small cats is hard all over.

It is this which allows big cats to produce a roar, and which also prevents them from purring in the same manner small cats can. The 'purring' type of noise produced by big cats can only be made as they exhale.

Oddly enough, though the snow leopard has a flexible hyoid bone it has never been heard to roar, however it is most definitely a big cat by virtue of the flexible hyoid.

-taken from http://www.lairweb.org.nz/tiger/big.html

hahaha but its funny...

Lmao.. I never heard a dog pet in game do a "woof" xD

Raselph
10-23-2014, 11:46 PM
you guys are forgetting somethings

THIS IS ARCANE LEGENDS ;

olden times

here evrything is crazy lions wont roar since these cats are big DUMBOs LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thexkid
10-24-2014, 03:01 AM
The actual mistake sts made with courage is that for one the name sounds like a male name and also the fact that it has a mane means that its a male lion (which should roar a male lion named courage wouldnt purr) but look at the passive attack refers to the lion as "her". Is this the first she-male pet ??

InternetExplorer
10-24-2014, 06:34 AM
I hope they would change this when the pack comes back on sale. So far no devs answered this thread so i presume they know this or just ignored :) both ways, its fine by me :P

Its me posting after all lol