PDA

View Full Version : Games with Passwords

Weak_Sauce
02-03-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm not quite understanding why if I set up a password protected game anyone on my friends list can still join. It makes it difficult if I want to play either alone or with one or two other people because I'm constantly booting friends or friends of the other players. If I invite someone to join the game then they should be able to join without putting in a password but it would be so much better if setting up a password applied to everyone.

StompArtist
02-03-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm not quite understanding why if I set up a password protected game anyone on my friends list can still join. It makes it difficult if I want to play either alone or with one or two other people because I'm constantly booting friends or friends of the other players. If I invite someone to join the game then they should be able to join without putting in a password but it would be so much better if setting up a password applied to everyone.

Is that what it is? I thought the password feature did not work at all.

Royce
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Is that what it is? I thought the password feature did not work at all.

It only restricts access for people joining from the join game list. You can bypass the password requirement by joining through the friends list. I agree it's a less than perfect situation, an suggestions like this have been made before. Hopefully at some point they figure out a way to make it work better...

EvolutionCSR
02-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I do not like the current game password setup either. Since Anyone on your friends list, and anyone on their list can join it is pretty wide open. As stated previously it would be much better if you had to invite in order for them to join. Come on guys keep this thread alive since devs do listen to community very well. :)

Kujen
02-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Agreed! It's so awkward when you are wanting to play solo or just with like one other person and suddenly someone joins from the friends list. I've left my own games before because I dont want to boot people on my friends list. But they shouldn't have access to my passworded games if i don't want them there.

I suggest having lock options, so a host can choose whether the game is locked to friends or password required.

Malakov
02-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I was about to create a thread for this but spotted it in the search.

I support the idea to block friends from pw games.
It seems pretty odd for any friends list player to join a password protected game. Some people sometimes just want privacy for a number of normal reasons. Can this be fixed please?

Redbridge
02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
+1,

just a couple of simple check boxes next to the password field would suffice. One for 'exclude friends', one for 'password required'

Nice to solo away in peace occasionally

superglut2
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
It would be nice ;)

Malakov
02-12-2011, 08:35 PM
What's worse, if a friend on your list joins your password game, his/her friends can then join him/her to pile it up.

This happened to me today, I wasn't bothered too much because the first player was a nice guy and needed help on a boss in the map. Unfortunately I lost connection, for a while, before I could deliver.

Pharcyde
02-12-2011, 08:56 PM
The dev's already have it on the list of future fixes, along with improved functionality of the join game menu and making friend lists easier to manage and less jumpy.

Malakov
02-12-2011, 09:24 PM
The dev's already have it on the list of future fixes, along with improved functionality of the join game menu and making friend lists easier to manage and less jumpy.

Didnt spot it before, but thanks for the word!